0 0%
  • SLI

6 46.15%
  • IEE

0 0%
  • EII

1 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can you smell the type? (photos included)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i thought intp, infj or istp.

even in the pics of her friends, her aura definitely stands out in a goth/artist/'original'/grumpy-ish sort of way. even when she's smiling and having a good time which I don't doubt that she is, it's pretty interesting.

She's a Firework all right. =D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esq View Post
    What type is the girl?
    She's most likely to be a LII (I was surprised that someone guessed the type the closest). ILI is also possible, but less. SLI perfectly describes her face, vision, etc. But one thing which I was thinking about, too, after reading SLI description, was:
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    SLI would have a finer taste for clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Nah. Here's what you're really saying: "I'm being a deceitful little shit who started this thread to solicit opinions on a matter I'd already basically decided beforehand, and I dislike the prevailing response for not being aligned with the opinion I've in mind—however, rather than engage in honest discussion about what I really think, I'm going to passive-aggressively game the dialogue with veiled rebuttals & innuendos disguised as questions, to see if I might redirect you silly misguided people into seeing what I believe the true reasonable answer to be; when that doesn't work, I'm probably going to pull a rhetorical kamikaze on you all in which I'll patronizingly decree the wrongness of your opinions, inform you that there is simply no way this can be true, and suggest delusional influences—arising from social biases like 'bandwagon effect' perhaps—as possibly responsible for skewing widespread belief otherwise."
    Damn. You're even better in seeing through people than EII are. You've got my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    even in the pics of her friends, her aura definitely stands out in a goth/artist/'original'/grumpy-ish sort of way. even when she's smiling and having a good time which I don't doubt that she is, it's pretty interesting.
    Have never thought about that, actually. But hey, your point is so spot-on!!
    "I need the thing that happens when your brain shuts off and your heart turns on."
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My first guess was ILI. An SLI would have a finer taste for clothing.
    Depends upon the person's culture.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Depends upon the person's culture.
    Nope, bad taste is universal.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nope, bad taste is universal.
    lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sorta reminds me of steven wilson, who is some kind of alpha NT, wrote music for blackfield and porcupine tree. If you're into his music I guess you could be the same type as well?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smell that it's you in those photos. And I vote for LII. Fe' seeking everywhere!

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw I was implying you're an LII as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often see SLIs tending to dress down, prioritizing comfort/leisure over style/getting noticed.
    I try to find a compromise of both. I mean, jeans are super comfortable. But everybody can wear jeans. "sacks" are comfortable, too. How many people would choose to wear one? However, nowadays I try to dress either comfortable or noticeable. But I find tutus and dresses like that really comfortable, even more than jeans. No more "sacks", farewell to them.

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    i see esfj i know dress her kids up as if they were christmas trees, for instance...
    I sometimes go to university dressed as a porcelain doll from some horror anime. How about that?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    You sorta reminds me of steven wilson, who is some kind of alpha NT, wrote music for blackfield and porcupine tree. If you're into his music I guess you could be the same type as well?
    I didn't know the name Steven Wilson, but I youtubed it and... oh, can I squeeze you now? Pink Floyd, Muse, Sigur Ros, Lunatic Soul and many more... all those memories and feelings are back. I also found out in Last.fm that I was sort of obsessed with Steven's Harmony Korine. How couldn't I remember it! Thank you, man. You're my today's Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by esq View Post
    So like, why is she LII, if you don't mind? We will never know unless you describe her for us.
    More information is in my other thread http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...so-fu%28k3d-up because yup, it's actually me.
    Since I was diagnosed being a schizoid, I have read tons of articles and books and etc. about them. I couldn't believe I am one of them. I mean, I didn't think I am so easily recognizable as emotionless and... well SLI'ish by my appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    but for some reason i almost can't make out the features on her face at all (?).
    First words I received from my psychotherapist when I entered her consulting-room were "Your face is dead." Schizoids are said to be not capable of outside emotions. Now I see, that it's true. I have to work on my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    I smell that it's you in those photos.
    You have a great nose, though!
    And a great socionics teacher, I guess DD
    "I need the thing that happens when your brain shuts off and your heart turns on."
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BY THE WAY
    Is there any way to link those threads or something? I mean, there is no need to have two "type me" threads for me.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone needs 2 type-me threads.

TIM
    EII-Ne 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So? People's opinions suddenly changed. Why is that? Do you identify more with LII than SLI? Why? Why not?

"You fucking disappoint me."

5w4 4w5 8w7 sp/sx INxP/EII

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charabanc View Post
    First words I received from my psychotherapist when I entered her consulting-room were "Your face is dead."
    She must be an awesome psychotherapist.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    lmao

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    So? People's opinions suddenly changed. Why is that? Do you identify more with LII than SLI? Why? Why not?
    SLIs, according to the description, are sober, serious, stable, solid, quick-working, skeptical, sort of slow-motion, silent, sympathetic, cold-blooded, fearless, stubborn, not original in their appearance and their rooms are ones of the most tumbled.
    ^ I am nothing like any of those.
    In a contrast, I am really pedantic, when it comes about my room. Or any other room I'm in.

And about the appearance. I always have had a good taste. I mean, I know what's elegant and what's not, what's aesthetic and what's horrible. I can give advices to other people because I know the difference. I know how a person is supposed to dress in this or that environment. When it comes about myself - I know my daily clothes were horrible. That's why I liked them. When I was a teenager I was treated at school like I was worse then others, so I started dressing differently, as much non-fashionable as possible, so that I could show that "I'm not afraid t be "worse" than you". That was actually really stupid. But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Lol. Sounds weird, but indeed she was. She helped me a lot, surprisingly. She knew from my doctor that I was stubborn in hating people because they disliked me from the first sight, so her words were supposed to be an explanation for me, why. "Smile for the world and the world will smile you back".
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

TIM
    EII-Ne 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charabanc View Post
    SLIs, according to the description, are sober, serious, stable, solid, quick-working, skeptical, sort of slow-motion, silent, sympathetic, cold-blooded, fearless, stubborn, not original in their appearance and their rooms are ones of the most tumbled.
    ^ I am nothing like any of those.
    In a contrast, I am really pedantic, when it comes about my room. Or any other room I'm in.

And about the appearance. I always have had a good taste. I mean, I know what's elegant and what's not, what's aesthetic and what's horrible. I can give advices to other people because I know the difference. I know how a person is supposed to dress in this or that environment. When it comes about myself - I know my daily clothes were horrible. That's why I liked them. When I was a teenager I was treated at school like I was worse then others, so I started dressing differently, as much non-fashionable as possible, so that I could show that "I'm not afraid t be "worse" than you". That was actually really stupid. But oh well.
    How deep does your sense of fashion and what is fashionable go? Also, I urge to not type based on descriptions alone. Instead you should try to understand the functions. If I read EII based on the description only without investigating the functions further, I would probably not have typed myself as EII which I didn't initially either, because I didn't see myself as an ethical type at first. I thought of myself as a logical and rational thinker, so naturally I must have been an introverted NT so I was stuck at an impasse between ILI and LII. Since I have a strong dislike towards Fe, I was first suggested ILI but I couldn't recognize myself in the functions and how ILI seems to operate. I also read up on the Reinin dichotomies and such and it became apparent I was not an ILI despite that my dislike appeared somewhat like Fe PoLR, ergo why it was suggested. The IP temperament didn't fit for one.

What really made me realize my sociotype was a relationship I had with a person at the time who was undeniably an LIE, and how I experienced such a strong connection to him like I have never experienced to anyone else. The answer then was semi-duality, because I'm fairly sure I'm not a sensor, Ne creative describes me well, and hell, if things didn't go so awry like it did (he chickened out), I could perhaps have married him one day despite not believing in marriage. Then it just kind of fell into place because I realized I'm Te-seeking. Coupled with the fact that I know that I'm aristocratic it became obvious where I belonged.

So uh yeah, that became a long-winded way for me to say that finding out your type goes beyond reading the descriptions. You need to study model A, the Reinin dichotomies, the quadra values and so on because not everyone will be so stereotype so they fit the description of their type perfectly.
    Last edited by LeaT; 01-22-2013 at 11:35 PM.

"You fucking disappoint me."

5w4 4w5 8w7 sp/sx INxP/EII

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Jesus, this thread is like a M. Night Shyamalan film.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Was anyone else TOTALLY BLINDSIDED by the fact that the photos were actually the OP?

Man.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whole thing might catch me unawares if I start actually reading it. What's My Type needs two main subforums, one for those who are pretty sure and another for the agonizers.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcotic View Post
    Was anyone else TOTALLY BLINDSIDED by the fact that the photos were actually the OP?

Man.
    Who doesn't keep pictures chronicling their friend's whole lives?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Who doesn't keep pictures chronicling their friend's whole lives?
    Oh, I thought this is what the secret police is for.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dam, I didn't expect so many comments.
    Will read them all and respond after I have done my stuff and came back home.
    (E.W., "Prosac Nation")

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: clothes, I often see SLIs tending to dress down, prioritizing comfort/leisure over style/getting noticed. Known many who'd onto old shabby looking clothing for inordinately long periods of time just because of liking a particular fit, feel, or familiarity of the item. Whereas I just throw away anything that starts looking old.
    I don't mean to toot my own horn, but i'm usually dressed quite well in comparison to the people I go out with...You can't base style on type. It's about having common sense and a good eye, which, surprisingly, A LOT of people lack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12