Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differences between EIIs and SEIs (INFj vs. ISFp)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    The one thing that makes me feel more EII than SEI is the feeling that my emotions hold weight and that the things I say must be important and meaningful and not just because I "felt like saying it"

I hate having my words held against me too, so if I say things so freely then It would be difficult for me to defend myself
    Same here. Although (and i hate when that happens) I get carried away by circumstances sometimes and the words just come out without censoring myself at all. This usually happens when i'm in a really odd emotional atmosphere or so. It makes me feel bad afterwards, because it's like I got drunk and then did awful stuff. Except there was no alcohol involved.

Like getting mood-drunk. And having verbal diarhea.
    Does that even make sense?
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Unites the human race! The Internationale's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne So/Sp 6w5;614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just confuses me more--I'm more SEI-like in easy/good times and more EII-like when there is a good fight to be fought. I've had people tell me I'm SEI, which seems odd since Se-PolR fits me well, but I wanted to check to be sure. I have horrendous ADHD, so my home often looks like a disaster-zone (and I'm told it smells funky) and I'm a very sloppy and slow worker in most fields (I do better in education), though its not from lack of effort.

Regardless, in a hypothetical partner, I'd value somebody who can reign in my chaos and be a steady/consistent force in my life, preferably a good cook who shares my politics.

@shotgunfingers

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good fight to be fought? What is Se PoLR to you?

ive found it can be kind of vague for some people as they do not fully realize the incapacitation on a nonverbal level as well as complete defenseless. It’s just not quite the same as “being really soft and not wanting confrontation” etc as that can take multiple forms in personality.

I suspect PoLR may improve with age, even if slightly. So what I said is probablt
    most obvious when you’re young.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Although the words can apply to both types at times, each does tend to lean heavier toward their respective sides:

INFj vs ISFp

perfectionism vs expediency
    theorist vs practical
    preacher vs acolyte
    planned vs seat-of-the-pants
    detached vs engaged
    objective vs personal
    hesitant vs immediate
    over the horizon vs clear and present
    consequence vs reward
    naive vs guarded
    idealist vs realist
    periodically blind vs tunnel vision
    lost in space vs ever aware
    deliberate vs ad hoc
    image vs physical appearance
    selfish vs pleaser
    reserved vs impetuous
    tomorrow or yesterday vs now

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 02-25-2021 at 04:44 PM.

TIM
    EII-Ne So/Sp 6w5;614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    A good fight to be fought? What is Se PoLR to you?

ive found it can be kind of vague for some people as they do not fully realize the incapacitation on a nonverbal level as well as complete defenseless. It’s just not quite the same as “being really soft and not wanting confrontation” etc as that can take multiple forms in personality.

I suspect PoLR may improve with age, even if slightly. So what I said is probablt
    most obvious when you’re young.
    Mostly just being really unaware of my physical environment and being very slow at everything. I struggle raising my voice or confronting people directly, but if I feel strongly about a cause, I can become very quiet and stubborn and not cooperate with somebody trying to make me act contrary to my values. I'm also very unorganized and undisciplined.

If I see somebody treating somebody else unfairly, I may not say something in the moment, but I'll later go try to encourage the victim to either find a better situation or else find some kind of leverage over their abuser so they can't be hurt anymore. I'm better at judging relationships between other people than judging my relationships, so I've been abused and exploited before without knowing it--and only found out I was getting treated unfairly when somebody was kind enough to educate me later.

I couldn't yell or scream or attack anybody, not even my worst enemy, unless I'm trapped with them and they abuse me for years on end, in which case, I may defend myself if cornered after receiving physical abuse.

TIM
    EII-Ne So/Sp 6w5;614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Although the words can apply to both types at times, each does tend to lean heavier toward their respective sides:

INFj vs ISFp

perfectionism vs expediency
    theorist vs practical
    preacher vs acolyte
    planned vs seat-of-the-pants
    detached vs engaged
    objective vs personal
    hesitant vs immediate
    over the horizon vs clear and present
    consequence vs reward
    naive vs guarded
    idealist vs realist
    periodically blind vs tunnel vision
    lost in space vs ever aware
    deliberate vs ad hoc
    image vs physical appearance
    selfish vs pleaser
    reserved vs impetuous
    tomorrow or yesterday vs now

a.k.a. I/O
    I relate more to the INFj side, honestly, though I also have atrociously awful ADHD and let people down a lot with my personal disorder, slowness, and obliviousness-to-my-surroundings.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi vs Si. What is it? Si is discomfort avoidance. Listening to your body. It looks random.

Fi is understanding others through their relations with each other. It does not look random.

Good? That work?

TI is your EII/IEE example. He's probably not Si/Fe, as Si/Fe is likely to be more pushy, but also get angry at pushy people (ignoring Se). Fun how that works right?

TI has role Se.

Role Se:

He resents any attempts to "push" him to do things and rejects the idea of people pressuring each other to do things. He himself avoids the use of pressure, preferring instead to entice and inspire. Only severe irritation can make him become forceful and demanding for brief periods of time until he calms down.

I have suggestive Se. I'm likely to do nothing until someone pushes me off a cliff, in which point, I will act.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI is called "The Mediator" because they know how to gather very different, and even opposing people together all in one place, except they will separate the ones who they know aren't good with each other to make sure they don't run into each other, despite being in the same room. They utilize Fi for the purposes of supporting Fe which is to have everyone get along and have a good time so the emotional environment doesn't get ruined. They're merry and democratic. They want all sorts of people to mix together. They also have Control Se which means under a stressful situation, they'll get really aggressive and amp up their anger with a person because that person might have done or said something to make them lose their Si comfort zone.

EII would not gather a bunch of people together, esp. those whom they know will not get along together, unless it's absolutely mandatory/necessary. They have Control Fe which means they'll utilize Fe when in stressful situation to bring people together since they're PoLR Se and don't want to use force to get people to cooperate. Delta is serious and aristocratic Quadra which means that Fi is utilized to the context of keeping it all in the family, very close knit associations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12