Thread: INTjs and conciseness: you don't like to elaborate?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs and conciseness: you don't like to elaborate?

particularly in topic subjects. seriously. wtf.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why, what's the problem?
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    They also seem to possess an affection for eclipses (a trait I once associated soley with UDP but have noticed in others) and a disdain for elaboration. They can make the simplest things sound vague and foreign.
    theoretically, they should be all about elaboration
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    They also seem to possess an affection for eclipses (a trait I once associated soley with UDP but have noticed in others) and a disdain for elaboration. They can make the simplest things sound vague and foreign.
    theoretically, they should be all about elaboration
    Why if no one's interested?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also many times I don't know where the line is between giving too much information and not giving enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as dj noted it is also displayed in phraseology (a yoda-esque idiom)

"How are you?"

Well, I believe.

subject tends to be secondary to DO

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told that speak and write in passive tense instead of the more "American" active tense.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are also numerous cases of the subject and verb not agreeing and that type of thing...

"what frustrate you?"

in the past I just chalked it up to so many members for whom english is a second language

it always makes me cringe though
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that was an error in spelling rather than an uncommon grammatical structuring

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that particular typo is just one example
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it is a typo then it is not an example...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only UDP has the affinity for ellipses. i thought it was for dramatic effect.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i believe he does it to convey the process of searching for more precise terminology and to represent the way thought can "fly off" under its own momentum

/edit

it also seems the " " thing is quite popular among certain breeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTj grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    particularly in topic subjects. seriously. wtf.
    is that really a problem? It might be a problem if you dont understand what i was trying to say. Stop looking at the minor detail, the imorptant tihgn is to udernsatnd teh maening beihnd teh wrods. See that wasn't so bad.

by the way, when i m on msn my typing would be even more efficient than u think.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am beyond irritated when people use things like "u", "luv", "2", etc. That is so, so much worse than simply having poor grammar.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fry
    Stop looking at the minor detail, the imorptant tihgn is to udernsatnd teh maening beihnd teh wrods. See that wasn't so bad.
    Language is so flexible.

I think I do the Yoda thing because first, my mind comes up with an idea that needs to be conveyed, then it lists the individual words needed to convey the idea, then it screws up by randomly ordering the words in the sentence. I can be embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry
    Stop looking at the minor detail, the imorptant tihgn is to udernsatnd teh maening beihnd teh wrods. See that wasn't so bad.
    Language is so flexible.

I think I do the Yoda thing because first, my mind comes up with an idea that needs to be conveyed, then it lists the individual words needed to convey the idea, then it screws up by randomly ordering the words in the sentence. I can be embarrassing.
    good, Oyburger, you are so right on the point. We have the ideas in our minds, we try our best to put the scattered ideas into complete sentences, but it is tough to do.

Joy, honestly, i am speaking from a mind of intj. I wish that I can write perfect sentences like you with no grammaricaly error. I am sorry that it didn't turn out the way you like how ideas being presented to you. I amdefinitely not trying to irritate you. People are different, thats the way it is, I have tried to accept the way they, I hope you can do the same. Does the name iPod irritate you? what about eMail, moto Razr, iMac, e-commerce, PS2, 911, porsche kayan, winxp?

Live Long, and Prosper
    Intj

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s quite funny when I get excited and try to talk fast. My sweet INFj mother used to tell me that my brain was working faster than my mouth. My ESTp husband says that its the opposite .

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad... and my grammar most certainly isn't perfect!

I have really shitty spelling, too.
    SEE

Creepy-

? Not to long ago I was hearing how INTjs were sticklers for grammar?

Whatever. I personally don't like to write poorly..... but sometimes I am just too excited when I write. And I don't want to go back and look it over because my mind is already 300 words ahead, possibly on other another subject(s).

Joy, you can fix my grammar anytime. I don't mind it.
    (I may not necessarily comply, but I won't be offended if you feel compelled to adjust something)

You could say... that I am irrational in my grammatic application, because it fluctuates with my mood. But then again, it has a lot to do with the priority level that I establish, too. (Kinda blurs the line between rational and irrational, no?) Eh, whatever.

=====
    =====

Once again, how I use elipses aren't for dramatic effect.
    Hasn't anyone of you ever played a final fantasy game - FF8 with Squall is a prime example.

And also, haven't you ever heard someone talk and think at the same time, with pauses between words or phrases? It just seems more natural for me to put in the elipses because it represents to me some space, or perhaps a notion that I subjectively know I am refering to and also know I cannot possible input it into that sentence or situation, but want to hold it's place anyway. I can see how it would make no sense on the other side of the screen, but so it is. Just ask me to explain what I mean, because I don't write for you unless I want to - I write for myself. And if you are persistent enough, or are worth it enough, then I'll make sure you know what I mean with certainty.

===
    ===

.... also,
    it should be noted that I have really developed a great disdain for language in terms of communication. For anything in depth, I need to know a lot about my audience, especially in terms of individual to individual, because I need to know your language, and how to speak to you. I know what I am trying to say, even though it is always under revision even as I am speaking it to you. So... it is like this

1 what I have in my head, the idea
    2 my language (culturally influence, what I've read, et al et al)
    3a my understanding of the person I am speaking to (mass audiences are like a crap shoot or shotgun approach)
    3b the accuracy of my understanding of the audience/others
    4a My actual verbal speaking and other language (body, emphasis, eye, tone, etc)
    4b Me thinking about what I am saying whilst saying or typing it
    4c1 Me watching your reaction, or other reactions, etc
    4c1 The instantaneous adjustments
    5 Recalculation, recalibration, etc etc etc.

Of course, 3-5 are quite interesting in terms of online interaction, especially a message board.

PS: (! I remember the Sapir-Worf hypothesis from COMN 103!)
    PPS:........ so as you can see, this post is actually somewhat of a good examplification...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I perosnlay bleieve taht sepllnig deos not raelly mttaer. The idaes exrpsesed are mroe ipmoratnt to me.
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

::nods:: Except sometimes it is not just randomly ordering the sentence, but also combining two similar words which would suggest two different sentence structures. This is also where I suffer in foreign languages. I never seem to have the word to fit the idea for which I'm looking.

? Not to long ago I was hearing how INTjs were sticklers for grammar?
    My guess is that INTjs are "sticklers for grammar" more on the receiving end. The idea trying to be conveyed can be lost in a grammatically incorrect sentence.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"theoretically, they should be all about elaboration"

Theoretically, they are all about simplifying and getting "to the point."
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to be an attention whore, but i would like some feedback on my posts. they tend to be terse at times, but i think i convey the idea well. perhaps not well enough?
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?? wrong thread perhaps?

I did this earlier today hahaha
    Polly
    ENTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    not to be an attention whore, but i would like some feedback on my posts. they tend to be terse at times, but i think i convey the idea well. perhaps not well enough?
    I think they're fine. I'm afraid that mine are also terse, but I figure if someone doesn't understand something, they'll ask. Thats the way it works in real life.

Creepy-Diana

I live in the USA, but my heart longs for England.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="UDP"]? Not to long ago I was hearing how INTjs were sticklers for grammar?

Whatever. I personally don't like to write poorly..... but sometimes I am just too excited when I write. And I don't want to go back and look it over because my mind is already 300 words ahead, possibly on other another subject(s).

quote]

That's the way I am. I just like to say what's on my mind, if it's correct, then it's correct. If it's not, then I'll apologize for it later if anyone notices.
    Roboticist: Someone who conceptualizes, designs, builds, programs and experiments with robots.