*wink wink*

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    you seem sx/so as vibe, your behavior is kind of aggressive and stuff. I don't have time for a more minute analysis now.
    Yeah i would have thought Sp would be last, but little of the above description for Sx really applies to me. And you know, Victim-Ni stuff.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Yeah i would have thought Sp would be last, but little of the above description for Sx really applies to me. And you know, Victim-Ni stuff.
    you know better about your life, that was just the impression here. I've never heard a Sx first insist on typing as something else .

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never read of Soc explained this way. Interesting!

(the powerpuff girls emoticons have been tempting me for quite some time )

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great article. If this is true I must be Sp: "time as a resource: how you use it, accounting for it ... time being scarce, time always running out"; And So second: "ability to adapt behavior".

EDIT: It could be the other way round.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 07-11-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Sp/sx seems to be a good match for me. Insightful thread.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    SP - ground of being - time felt as resource, chronos.
    SX - dynamicmism of creative being - time felt as chrios.
    SO - articulated world, conscious of the great mandala and one's place in it, time as cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I have like 700 responses to that post but

I'm gonna need a definition of this because Google yields a bunch of bible jabber
    i've found the original thread and "chrios" turned out to be a misspelling of "kairos". i was getting all excited about chrios after seeing the translation of its variant as "the anointed one" and thinking it's some kind of new and very special interpretation of sx but nope.

"kairos" to me felt like a static interpretation of sx instinct i.e. that every moment is the opportune or the supreme one when everything happens, "a passing instant when an opening appears which must be driven through with force if success is to be achieved" as per wikipedia - that's not quite the IP perception of the flow of time. i'm guessing this must have been referring to the emotional elation that accompanies such moments because i cannot relate to the rest of it

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    i've found the original thread and "chrios" turned out to be a misspelling of "kairos". i was getting all excited about chrios after seeing the translation of its variant as "the anointed one" and thinking it's some kind of new and very special interpretation of sx but nope.

"kairos" to me felt like a static interpretation of sx instinct i.e. that every moment is the opportune or the supreme one when everything happens, "a passing instant when an opening appears which must be driven through with force if success is to be achieved" as per wikipedia - that's not quite the IP perception of the flow of time. i'm guessing this must have been referring to the emotional elation that accompanies such moments because i cannot relate to the rest of it
    I interpreted kairos as a qualitative view of time, compared to chronos where every minute is treated equally in an endless sea of minutes. It places a weighted value on some portions of time more than others, like a climax in a film where all the potential energy catalyzes and reacts in the final showdown. I figure this value is only experienced subjectively and can't be quantified through any directly observable means.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hmmm after reading all the various stuff on sx/sp - sp/sx and getting some input from a couple of people, who have known me for years, I can't see any reason to change my self typing but I appreciate all the info shared. There is so much out there based on people's own perception of the instincts but nothing really "official" to compare with. This is a good summary though.

SX Instinct

~ spends energy a lot (contrast with sp conserving)
    ~ "intelligence of the evolutionary process" / the drive to evolve / the sx instinct is what "attracts us to go beyond what's comfortable for us"
    ~ doesn't care about comfort; makes us leave the comfort zone to explore new things
    ~ throwing caution to the wind and going for it
    ~ attraction: what we're attracted to and what we attract / magnetism (and its opposite, repulsion)
    ~ display/showing off to get the other interested
    ~ on the most refined level, sx is the fuel for choosing to grow/evolve (e.g. inner work)
    ~ Russ differentiated between "liking" or "being inspired" vs. being "turned on"/aroused. the sx instinct is about turning-on/arousal. (my comment, think about the irresistible pull implied by "magnetism")
    ~ when we are tuned into the sx energy, we're more aware of the energy itself (e.g. the sense of arousal) than "the relationship" / a sense that the energy is pushing us into certain behaviors / sense of being compelled toward something (again, the flip side of this is revulsion, being compelled away from something)
    ~ sx makes you feel more alive, vigorous
    ~ awareness of "kairos" time - sense of it being the right time for something in a qualitative sense
    ~ fear is of not "getting to something" (climax, literally and figuratively), restlessness, sense that your life is, or needs to be, moving toward some kind of climax
    ~ a danger of sx-first is going out of control, "flaming out"/volatility

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too sx-y for my type.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too Sx-ey for my own Sx

My whole family is Sp-primary. They just don't understand

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    Sexual – is NOT one-on-one. One-on-one—romance—is a heart issue. This is sometimes mistaken for an instinctual choice. In Nature, sexual reproduction helps to genetically diversify the species—conduces to survival. Russ calls this instinct “attraction.” It’s aggressive, competitive, single-minded, on display, the animal finds smells, stimulation. Use of energy is intensely creative, fiery, go-get-it, a life-and-death matter. E.g. salmon swimming upstream to mate and die.

We live in a sea of magnetism—attraction/repulsion—we don’t control this, or what we are drawn to. Most being-drawn doesn’t lead to the sexual act. We’re turned or not. It is what it is. You can’t fight mother nature. Attraction is smarter than social needs. Russ and Gayle gave the story of how someone has shown that arranged marriages conduce to a more stable society but one which is more susceptible to being wiped out by epidemics. Attraction has an unconscious intelligence. (pheremones).

In relationship, there’s desire for endless engagement and fascination. One is captivated energetically by someone or something. Not after domestic simplicity. One can have the sexual instinct operating with friends—being in the heat. Stimulated, energized.

All instincts play into sexuality. Self-pres is the body-to-body part—cuddling, autonomic regulation, sensuality. Sexual—waves of energy—riding the waves, force between the people. Doesn’t need to be actively physical. Social—sharing of energy. Affection, bridge between the primal instinct and emotional life. In good sex, all three instincts combine—warmth (self-pres), energy (sexual), affection (social).

Sexual/attraction instinct
    Sx dominant – become the moth to the flame. You see where the charge is. Electricity. Obsessions, stalking. “loose cannon.” Life gets out of control. Set self on fire. It’s hard to settle into something. Fear that the need for intensity won’t be sustained. Hard to sustain a committed relationship. (This is easiest for Sp). Obsessed, days without sleep, not thinking about others. High cost—“all or nothing” attitude. But you can learn to tame the fire.
    Thanks for posting Elina. I was in the car, just now, and this song came on and it reminded me of this part of your post and sx energy in general.

Hah even the album title seems somehow appropriate.

Youre not shy, you get around
    You wanna fly, dont want your feet on the ground
    You stay up, you wont come down
    You wanna live, you wanna move to the sound

Got fire in your veins
    Burnin hot but you dont feel the pain
    Your desire is insane
    You cant stop until you do it again

But sometimes I wonder as I look in your eyes
    Maybe youre thinking of some other guy
    But I know, yes I know, how to treat you right
    Thats why you call me in the middle of the night

You say its urgent
    So urgent, so oh oh urgent
    Just wait and see
    How urgent my love can be
    Its urgent

You play tricks on my mind
    Youre everywhere but youre so hard to find
    Youre not warm or sentimental
    Youre so extreme, you can be so temperamental

But Im not looking for a love that will last
    I know what I need and I need it fast
    Yeah, theres one thing in common that we both share
    Thats a need for for each other anytime, anywhere

It gets so urgent
    So urgent
    You know its urgent
    I wanna tell you its the same for me
    So oh oh urgent
    Just you wait and see
    How urgent our love can be
    Its urgent

You say its urgent
    Make it fast, make it urgent
    Do it quick, do it urgent
    Gotta rush, make it urgent
    Want it quick
    Urgent, urgent, emergency

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12