Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sociotypecom Type Description

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't use this type of description because it's too general, as Ashton says, too horoscopal, applying general thoughts and characteristics which don't necessarily apply to ILIs and which don't pin their specific psychology down.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    but do you?!??! dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I wouldn't use this type of description because it's too general, as Ashton says, too horoscopal, applying general thoughts and behaviors which don't necessarily apply to ILIs and which don't pin their specific psychology down.
    Can you recommend an alternative?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I wouldn't use this type of description because it's too general, as Ashton says, too horoscopal, applying general thoughts and characteristics which don't necessarily apply to ILIs and which don't pin their specific psychology down.
    Like in a kaleidoscope.

In a subsequent follow-up letter, Jung wrote Freud that his [Jung's] evenings were currently being taken up largely with astrology and the calculating of horoscopes...

Something doesn't make sense in the land of socion.
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-14-2012 at 09:05 PM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Like in a kaleidoscope.

In a subsequent follow-up letter, Jung wrote Freud that his [Jung's] evenings were currently being taken up largely with astrology and the calculating of horoscopes...

Something doesn't make sense in the land of socion.
    Jungs experiments in Mediums and ESPs are also... different.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read the description, so I liked it just fine.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all Ni-egos or even ILIs behave the way that description portrays them - some do, others don't. Therefore, you cannot expect all of one specific type's descriptions to fit any person, including those of that type...

“Rei Kawakubo, in many ways a comrade of Yohji Yamamoto’s, confronts the logic of Fashion head on, by constantly renewing ‘the now’: in other words, by accelerating the change of Fashion, or by producing ‘now’ before ‘now’ is usurped. She moves faster than Fashion, manufacturing her ‘now’ before ‘now’ ceases to be. Renewing herself so quickly that no one can keep up, she does not allow herself to become entrenched in a fixed image, or to imitate herself.

Yamamoto, on the other hand, turns his gaze backwards. Picture someone standing at a bridge [sic]. Fashion involves that person gazing at the water approaching from upstream, fixing their attention on what will be next. Now, the reversal of that gaze, in other words, turning to look in the direction in which the water disappears, will mean an approach where attention is not focused on that which is about to become ‘now,’ but on the phase of time when ‘now’ ceases to be ‘now.’ Yohji Yamamoto often says that ‘now’ is transient. Perhaps because he is able to look at things this way, he can touch the fleeting ‘now’ and capture the very moment when things are destroyed and disappear.”
    — Japanese philosopher Kiyokazu Washida discussing Rei Kawakubo and Yohji Yamamoto. Essay: The Past, the Feminine, the Vain

some intriguing stuff from my tumblr dashboard.i think the first paragraph could be Ne base and the second one Ni demonstrative? i remember reading that one kinda looks down on the demonstrative function.then again this could be Ni base and call it a gamma because "For my total life, I have been comfortable in black, not in white, not the lightness. I was born in Tokyo after the bombing, so I feel this is my roots; the ruined Tokyo. This dark side of life is attractive to me, from the beginning. Too much harmony is boring, maybe conflict is charming. Black is simple, yet it says so much."
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 12-21-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    some intriguing stuff from my tumblr dashboard.i think the first paragraph could be Ne base and the second one Ni demonstrative? i remember reading that one kinda looks down on the demonstrative function.then again this could be Ni base and call it a gamma because "For my total life, I have been comfortable in black, not in white, not the lightness. I was born in Tokyo after the bombing, so I feel this is my roots; the ruined Tokyo. This dark side of life is attractive to me, from the beginning. Too much harmony is boring, maybe conflict is charming. Black is simple, yet it says so much."
    Gamma as they come, completely hardcore. Next step would be checking whether it falls true with description.

could be ILI and EII

absurd do you have any objections against butch-typing ?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, not at all, I'm pretty open minded, only lack of trust in most people limits how close I'm going to get, so commence your butch-typing, whatever that means, and I'm going to smile to myself.

it means to guess people's types by reaching hasty conclusions through kewl bits and pieces of info.whatevs ,keep sipping on your cheap booze while we do all the hard work towards enriching the type database for you to be able to easier identify your dualas.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not cheap, it costs 1€, I'm not paying more for that light piss in a bottle you're going to piss out anyway, oh and knock yourself out, I mean, thanks. I'm going to meet some of those people you and other people typed in near future
    Last edited by Absurd; 12-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To both click with the feeling of the times and also be stimulating in your design is probably the best."

"The more people that are afraid when they see new creation, the happier I am…. I think the media has some responsibility to bear for people becoming more conservative. Many parts of the media have created the situation where uninteresting fashion can thrive."

"For something to be beautiful it doesn't have to be pretty."

"I work in three shades of black."

"Something may be annoying you at the moment, or you may think something is wrong with the world. These feelings could become an ingredient for my creation. It means that even things-yet-to-have-form could possible be designed. You feel something; a variety of factors influence each other; overlap each other or are created through a series of accidents. It is something that comes about from the sequence. It could and be anger, a motivation for new ideas, or a desire to make strangely shaped clothes."

"I couldn't explain my creative process to you. And even if I could, why would I want to? Are there people who really with to explain themselves?"

"We must break away from conventional forms of dress for the new woman of today. We need a new strong image, not a revisit to the past."

"Crushing. The energy of an explosion."

"For me my inspiration hasn’t changed at all. The way I approach each collection is exactly the same…the motivation has always been to create something new, something that didn’t exist before. The more experience I have and the more clothes I make, the more difficult it becomes to make something new. Once I’ve made something, I don’t want to do it again, so the breadth of possibility is becoming smaller."

"[My designs] are for the woman who is independent, who is not swayed by what her husband thinks."

"There are few people who, like us, have the values and the way of thinking to really try hard. They lack discipline. And it’s not just fashion, I think young people get satisfied too easily. They’re not strict enough with themselves. They’re too soft on themselves."

"Can’t rational people create mad work?"

"Often the elements are completely disassociated in time and dimension. One might be an emotion, the next thing a pattern image, the third thing an object or a picture I have seen somewhere. I can never remember when and from where the elements come together in my head. I trust synergy and change."

"I don’t think of myself as anyone special, and I would not know how to define myself."

"My design process never starts or finishes. I am always hoping to find something through the mere act of living my daily life. I do not work from a desk, and do not have an exact starting point for any collection. There is never a mood board, I do not go through fabric swatches, I do not sketch, there is no eureka moment, there is no end to the search for something new. As I live my normal life, I hope to find something that click starts a thought, and then something totally unrelated would arise, and then maybe a third unconnected element would come from nowhere."

"Fashion is something you attach to yourself, put on, and through that interaction the meaning of it is born. Without the wearing of it, it has no meaning, unlike a piece of art. It is fashion because people want to buy it now, because they want to wear it now, today. Fashion is only the right now."

"If I do something I think is new, it will be misunderstood, but if people like it, I will be disappointed because I haven’t pushed them enough. The more people hate it, maybe the newer it is. Because the fundamental human problem is that people are afraid of change. The place I am always looking for—because in order to keep the business I need to make a little compromise between my values and customers’ values—is the place where I make something that could almost—but not quite—be understood by everyone."

"There is never a moment when I think, ‘this is working, this is clear.’ If for one second I think something is finished, the next thing would be impossible to do."

"The goal for all women should be to make her own living and to support herself, to be self-sufficient. That is the philosophy of her clothes. They are working for modern women, women who do not need to assure their happiness by looking sexy to men, by emphasizing their figures, but who attract them with their minds."

"I don't feel too excited about fashion today. People just want cheap fast clothes and are happy to look like everyone else."

"All kinds of business models are necessary to suit all kinds of tastes and needs. We need strong creations and we need fast fashion and everything else in between. However, if all of fashion were thoroughly democratized, I would feel hopeless. The danger of continued and deepening democratization is the fear of lowest-common-denominator syndrome."

"What I want to express is a feeling—various emotions that I am experiencing at the time—whether it is anger or hope or anything else, and from different angles. I construct a collection and it takes concrete form. That's probably what appears conceptual to people because it never starts out with any specific historical or geographical reference. My point of departure is always abstract and multileveled."

"My work has never been as an artist. I have only continued all these years to try to "make a business with creation." This has been my first and one and only decision of any importance. The decision to first of all think of creating something that didn't exist before, and then after that to give the creation form and expression in a way that can be made into a business. I cannot separate being a designer from being a businesswoman. It's one and the same thing for me."

"The basic idea was believing that by gathering various kinds of creation together, and giving free reign, the "fashion of now" would become chaotic, and within that chaos, through synergy and accident, each brand would shine more brightly and with a different power than when all alone."

"I don't feel too excited about fashion today, more fearful that people don't necessarily want or need strong new clothes, that there are not enough of us believing in the same thing, that there is a kind of burnout, that people just want cheap fast clothes and are happy to look like everyone else, that the flame of creation has gone a bit cold, that enthusiasm and passionate anger for change and rattling the status quo is weakening. But what I still love about it is that playing the fool, acting silly, showing off, being a celebrity designer are all integral and necessary parts of the fashion business. And creation excites me, because without creation there can be no progress."

"The process of working with the aim of finding something new is really tough. It has always been tough. It's extremely difficult to create in order to cause people to feel something, in order that people feel they are given something. It's natural that the pressure is intense if this is your aim."

"I really felt that I was on my own. I never felt my work had anything to do with being a woman. I am not a feminist. I was never interested in any movement as such. I just decided to make a company built around creation, and with creation as my sword, I could fight the battles I wanted to fight."

"I start every collection with one word. I can never remember where this one word came from. I never start a collection with some historical, social, cultural or any other concrete reference or memory. After I find the word, I then do not develop it in any logical way. I deliberately avoid any order to the thought process after finding the word and instead think about the opposite of the word, or something different to it, or behind it."

"Collaborations have no meaning if 1 + 1 does not equal much more than 2."

"I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

"The morning after a man and woman have spent the night together, she might say, "I'm going to jump in the shower. Let me borrow this for a minute, okay?" She may throw on one of his white shirts made of broadcloth, and though it is too big for her, it will conform to her shape. The brightness of the shirt will flow to the peak of her breasts, the pleats will gather at her elbow, and the shadows will stretch across her chest. I have made clothing entirely in hopes of recreating such bewitching, totally unexpected visions."

"What will be next? It doesn't interest me. I only know that my instincts work flawlessly. So I breathe in and out and sense what's ahead for me. It's that simple. At the same time, you can be sure that I put out a greast effort not to fall into the mainstream of the fashion world. What was your question again?"

"If things fit too perfectly, everything looks like a sculpture not like fashion. To put it another was – and allow me to be a little childish: I have never fallen in love with models. They look like machines not like humans. I only see the faults, flaws, the imperfections. That attracts me. "

"The obsession with the overall proportions at the expense of everything else is proof of how extensively western aesthetics have poisoned our sensibilities. Japanese culture of long ago found beauty in the nape of the neck and in the curve of the back. At some point the sensitivity to the beauty in these things withered, and both men and women became blind to them. I have personally always found the greatest charm in the long, sweeping curve from the ribcage past the waist and down to the hips. It is the most subtle line, curving like a serpent."

"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: "I don’t bother you - don’t bother me"."

"A woman wearing clothing of austere colours emanates a certain aroma. Her hidden grace, fragrant almost, is vaguely dangerous in the lust it invokes. It is a wonderful thing. There is not much to be said for exposing the flesh as if in some blatant offering."

"I like to talk to myself and always say to myself Take a break!"

"For me, a woman who is absorbed in her work, who does not care about gaining one’s favour, strong yet subtle at the same time, is essentially more seductive. The more she hides and abandons her femininity, the more it emerges from the very heart of her existence."

"I am sorry for having put [my two children] into the world. It's not their fault. Life isn't easy and the moment you find out life is real, you are condemned to fight, to suffer."

"No matter how elegant the evening dress, I want very much to attach a pocket. If it has no pocket, it means that the woman will have to carry a handbag. And with that handbag comes the silly concern that it might be stolen. An inconvenience is there from the very start. And so come to me with them in your pockets, everything important to you in your pockets."

"To be modern is to tear the soul out of every thing."

"How have our parents suffered [because of WWII]! They have experienced a real, terrible war. My mother was a war widow early on, and therefore I as an only child always tried hard to be a good boy. Today it seems to me as though I had been acting all this time. To be good is not easy."

"I exist here, now. I'm not much interested in the future. Or, more precisely put, I do not believe in the future. To exaggerate a little, I have no faith that I will still exist tomorrow or the day after. What is more, I absolutely detest retrospection. That dislike is balances only by my desire to make my way back home as quickly as possible."

"[Minimalism is] just another word for sloth."

"Ever since I began my career I have always questioned fashion, I could also put it that way: I hate fashion. I try to have my own rhythm. But I don't think I have any. You know, I have to cope with a very important contradiction: I am the man who hates fashion but works in the fashion world. Fashion sighs after trends. I want timeless elegance. Fashion has no time. I do. I say: Hello Lady, how can I help you? Fashion has no time to even ask such a question, because it is constantly concerned with finding out: What will come next? It is more about helping women to suffer less, to attain more freedom and independence."

"I say: Sit down, calm down, you are turning in a carousel that moves too fast. Fashion has lost respect of clothing My job is to regain the respect for clothing. Merchandising and advertising have become too powerful, too dominant during the last few years. I say: Wait a moment, slow down!"

"People said it's bad. Bad means cool. I like this sort of explanation. Harmony, conflict, those are my favorite expressions. Too-good harmony is boring. Making conflict is a challenge, exciting. Conflict is charming."

"My early work have always made that point: Women should also be allowed to dress like men. When I was studying, women in Japan were always wearing costumes and looked like puppets. I didn't like that. At the same time I though. Women in military uniform: How sexy!"

"Beauty fades... The acceleration of things prevents thinking about it. Doubts are excluded. All follow. Until everything looks like everything else. A sort of equalization."

"My role in all of this is very simple. I make clothing like armor. My clothing protects you from unwelcome eyes."

"I don’t think we should try to make space our own. I believe that as modern people we should live in mobility. We should always be moving."

'Rei Kawakubo and Yohji Yamamoto had very similar visions in the first half of the 1980s and teamed together to present their collections in Paris. Their ideas of beauty included intentional flaws, a monochrmomatic palette, extreme proportions, drapery, asymmetry and gender neutral styles. TTheir shabby looking clothes and models seriously defied the power suits and fantasy evening dresses in vogue at the time. They were often told that the idea of wabi-sabi, beauty that is impermanent or incomplete, was inherent in their work, though they both denied it.

A year after Kawakubo and Yamamoto launched their careers in Paris togheter, they were recognized during the autumn/winter season in Paris in 1982, with the newspaper headlines “Paris looks Japanese”. They were already successful when in Japan when they left for Paris in April 1981. Their pale faced, no makeup models walking brusquely on the catwalk with stern expressions received a large range of reactions, from ‘shredded in a bomb attack’, to Vogue’s Polly Melon calling a “swiss cheese dress” “…modern and free. It has given my eyes of something new and has made the first day (of the Paris collections) incredible. Yamamoto and Kawakubo are showing the way to a whole new way of beauty” in the Washington Post.'

- http://cultural-connect.blogspot.com...-yamamoto.html

k0rpsy can you do the same for raf simons if your powers are not leaving you =O he's another mysterious folk and is almost on the same wavelength as the japs above

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    k0rpsy can you do the same for raf simons if your powers are not leaving you =O he's another mysterious folk and is almost on the same wavelength as the japs above
    From what I've seen this guy spends more time relating episodic anecdotes than talking about his ideas so I didn't get much of an impression from him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12