Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eddie Redmayne

Just saw an advance screening of Les Misérables (really good, but kind of overwhelming due to Hooper's filming style coupled with such gritty and massive material). Aside from Anne Hathaway who is devastating as Fantine, this guy impressed me most of all. What's his type?

This is an interesting video in that it's the only interview with Kristin Stewart where she doesn't seem completely socially inept.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Loved the movie. When he was holding Eponine in his arms I know I should have been crying, but all I could do was see his chest hair coming out of his shirt and basically started drooling. Don't know his type, but I do know he's a dreamboat.
    Last edited by epheme; 01-23-2013 at 03:04 AM.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

I'm leaning towards IEE?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some sort of IJ. I thought he came off as really dopey and emotionally stiff as Marius: for someone who's supposed to be totally lovestruck I didn't get a sense that he was connecting at all. He seems much more engaging and personable in interviews though, so I don't know what to make of that.

I might be tempted to say HP cognitive style, in that the way he explains his thoughts seem very fractured and divided into little pieces without a strong sequential foundation behind them.
    Last edited by Galen; 01-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Some Pe-IJ. I thought he came off as really dopey and emotionally stiff as Marius: for someone who's supposed to be totally lovestruck I didn't get a sense that he was connecting at all. He seems much more engaging and personable in interviews though, so I don't know what to make of that.
    EII was my other thought, but in interviews he seems more extroverted.

Re: the movie, Marius is described that way in the novel: he's a posh, nerdy schoolboy who is awkward around women. I thought Redmayne was pretty perfect casting.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    EII was my other thought, but in interviews he seems more extroverted.
    Hmm, not sure if he comes off as particularly extraverted to me. There's a lack of facial dynamics when he's expressing himself, especially with his eyes, that I attribute more to IXXx types. He's also comes off as somewhere deep in the enneagram head types, maybe 5w6 or 6w5, which could be another dimension to what I'm seeing.

Re: the movie, Marius is described that way in the novel: he's a posh, nerdy schoolboy who is awkward around women. I thought Redmayne was pretty perfect casting.
    Nerdy is close to the word I'm looking for, but I think a better description might be Disengaged. I think back to when Valjean was confessing his past to him near the end, and they cut to this one doofy expression that conveyed nothing more than "yeah, I'm here, okay, I see, sure." Just this lack of presence in the weight of the moment. It's all in how his emotions read on his face, and I didn't see him as particularly natural in that regard.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, not sure if he comes off as particularly extraverted to me. There's a lack of facial dynamics when he's expressing himself, especially with his eyes, that I attribute more to IXXx types. He's also comes off as somewhere deep in the enneagram head types, maybe 5w6 or 6w5, which could be another dimension to what I'm seeing.
    Interesting. He reminds me of people I initially type as my identicals, but end up drifting apart from due to increasing awkwardness, lol. I have a friend from high school who reminds me a lot of him. We got along pretty well at first and had a lot of surface similarities, but later there was a noticeable inability to relate on a more deep level that included worldviews or our emotional life. To this day, I have no idea what that guy's type is.

Nerdy is close to the word I'm looking for, but I think a better description might be Disengaged. I think back to when Valjean was confessing his past to him near the end, and they cut to this one doofy expression that conveyed nothing more than "yeah, I'm here, okay, I see, sure." Just this lack of presence in the weight of the moment. It's all in how his emotions read on his face, and I didn't see him as particularly natural in that regard.
    Yeah, I agree that confession scene was... odd. Also, Marius' "Okay, for Cosette's sake I'll do what you say" afterwards was also a weird bit of acting. He looked like he was slowly thawing after being locked in an ice chamber for something. Very strange and stiffly delivered. I liked his refreshingly unsentimental approach to "A Little Fall of Rain." A lot of Mariuses go overboard and you get the wrong impression that Marius has romantic feelings towards Eponine. Redmayne restrained himself really well, and you sense that, although he considers Eponine his friend, he has no interest in her romantically. That bit of intelligent acting and "Empty Chairs" stood out to me.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I agree that confession scene was... odd. Also, Marius' "Okay, for Cosette's sake I'll do what you say" afterwards was also a weird bit of acting. He looked like he was slowly thawing after being locked in an ice chamber for something. Very strange and stiffly delivered. I liked his refreshingly unsentimental approach to "A Little Fall of Rain." A lot of Mariuses go overboard and you get the wrong impression that Marius has romantic feelings towards Eponine. Redmayne restrained himself really well, and you sense that, although he considers Eponine his friend, he has no interest in her romantically. That bit of intelligent acting and "Empty Chairs" stood out to me.
    Yeah, I thought his relationship with Eponine was well played. You really got to see him as the emotionally oblivious douchey friend, and it makes Eponine seem like even more of a pathetic character for liking him than she's usually portrayed. It's that overall stiffness from him that makes me think some IJ.

I do wish I got more out of Empty Chairs though, they could have done some interesting stuff with the blocking or camera coverage given the space and the lighting they chose for it. You got to see Redmayne open up emotionally a little bit, but it was just too restrained for me especially given that all of his friends had just died.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I thought his relationship with Eponine was well played. You really got to see him as the emotionally oblivious douchey friend, and it makes Eponine seem like even more of a pathetic character for liking him than she's usually portrayed. It's that overall stiffness from him that makes me think some IJ.

I do wish I got more out of Empty Chairs though, they could have done some interesting stuff with the blocking or camera coverage given the space and the lighting they chose for it. You got to see Redmayne open up emotionally a little bit, but it was just too restrained for me especially given that all of his friends had just died.
    I can see the stiffness you mean. It reminds me a little of Daniel Radcliffe, who most people type as EII. With redmayne, it's hard for me to discriminate whether that quality is temperament-related, or just a product of his posh Eton days. Just look at what their uniforms look like.

I actually like how internal Redmayne's performance of "Empty Chairs" was. In comparison to Hugh Jackman, who I find a bit stagey and too externalized, Redmayne's Marius seemed to have a lot of genuine inner life. He has PTSD and crippling survivor's guilt, so I think it made sense for him to be a little dissociated at first (after all this is a "grief that can't be spoken" so he's still coming to terms with what happened). I agree though that Hooper could have pulled back from his "stick the camera up the actor's nostrils" shtick. That was my main criticism of the movie: way too many close shots, not enough long and medium. Also, the editing, save for the single-shot soliloquys, was so choppy and whiplash-inducing. You almost never see more than one character's face at the same time. Like he could have shown both the Bishop and Valjean in one shot, or Fantine and Valjean, or Marius and Cosette, or Valjean and Marius, but instead he jumped from one to the other with every line.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll start by saying I love the the book.

I have an unfortunate unfounded dislike of musicals . I can't help it.
    So Idk if I can sit through it. It does look like a great film.
    until they break out in song. Don't stone me because I feel like making it a musical makes it more lighthearted of a story then should be.
    maybe because I equate the trailer I viewed with being cheery music.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I'll start by saying I love the the book.

I have an unfortunate unfounded dislike of musicals . I can't help it.
    So Idk if I can sit through it. It does look like a great film.
    until they break out in song. Don't stone me because I feel like making it a musical makes it more lighthearted of a story then should be.
    maybe because I equate the trailer I viewed with being cheery music.
    I actually found the movie more bleak and depressing than the book. Victor Hugo had a great sense of humor, and there's wit and lightheartedness woven into the story. The film, unlike the book, is basically wall-to-wall misery. The only lightheartedness comes from the Sacha Baron-Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter as the Thenardiers, but they are probably only around for fifteen minutes. Everything else is pretty grim. (Also, the whole thing is almost completely sung-through, so if you hate musicals you may want to throw things by the end, lol.)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

looks nf-ish

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Just saw an advance screening of Les Misérables (really good, but kind of overwhelming due to Hooper's filming style coupled with such gritty and massive material). Aside from Anne Hathaway who is devastating as Fantine, this guy impressed me most of all. What's his type?
    I'd type him as ESI-Fi. I wanted to go with EII at first but after watching the interview further I was reminded more of people like Brandon Boyd whom I type the same.

He is something-something positive outlook triad by enneagram, but not a nine, so perhaps 2w3 or 3w2.

updated: pretty sure of IEI now
    Last edited by silke; 08-07-2018 at 03:16 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's not EII.

This is a P type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENFp a very very rare type for a male.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I'd type him as ESI-Fi. I wanted to go with EII at first but after watching the interview further I was reminded more of people like Brandon Boyd whom I type the same.

He is something-something positive outlook triad by enneagram, but not a nine, so perhaps 2w3 or 3w2.
    I typed him as ISFj initially too, but closer examination had me second-guessing it a bit.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I typed him as ISFj initially too, but closer examination had me second-guessing it a bit.
    He didn't bring up images of anyone else I've typed in the past, but watching another interview of his, there was a point at which he was describing the stage set and these vast, open spaces, that somehow viscerally just felt like Se/Ni, so I went with ESI. I'm wondering if he is sp/so-2 or something weird of the sort.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might believe him as sp/so, could explain why I saw him as so wooden. Not sure enneagram-wise, but 2 seems weird just intuitively. Sorta reminds me of my high school literature teacher who my friend and I had informally typed ESI. Never figured out his etype though, maybe some 3.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Any additional thoughts here?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta introvert
    Last edited by mclane; 02-26-2017 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI