View Poll Results: What is your instinct stacking?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • sp/sx

22 23.16%
  • sx/sp

26 27.37%
  • so/sx

11 11.58%
  • sx/so

16 16.84%
  • sp/so

11 11.58%
  • so/sp

3 3.16%
  • not certain or don't know

6 6.32%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: +Instinctual Variant Survey

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I took a look at some of the typings in this thread again and to me @Allie seems syn-flow at her core. Rat is most likely contra-flow. Both obvious sx first.

Syn-flow: sp→so→sx→sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so→so/sx→>sx/sp→sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp→sx→so→sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx→sx/so→so/sp→sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.
    rat is definitely sx/so... completely and explosively dissolved.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    (and the "asexual" thing applies more to sx/sp's. Sx/so's are gonna be much more free. So it doesn't mean she's sx last if she's sexy lol)
    Defining asexuality seems pretty complex and probably not stacking related which is kind of ironic since I have seen sx described as the mating instinct. I don't specifically remember what was posted by other members who identify themselves as asexual but I kind of remember someone posting that others saw them as asexual, not that they agreed to that assessment of themselves.

I have a family member who is androgynous and people mistakenly call him asexual all the time because they don't know the difference. He is far from asexual and happens to be sx first. The "deeply human" kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wait, isn't Rat obsessed with esoteric crap that exists only in his head? doesn't he totally disregard societal issues? He's always seemed very insular and brooding rather than "fiery, inciting" and into communication with the group via sexuality. Does he perhaps want to be a catalyst for social change and I haven't seen it..? Strange. He could seem a bit more "contra-flowy" due to some (triple-)-reactive enneagram.

and nope, Sx/sp is not asexual. Whenever I hear such claims, I suspect sp first.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    wait, isn't Rat obsessed with esoteric crap that exists only in his head? doesn't he totally disregard societal issues? He's always seemed very insular and brooding rather than "fiery, inciting" and into communication with the group via sexuality. Does he perhaps want to be a catalyst for social change and I haven't seen it..? Strange. He could seem a bit more "contra-flowy" due to some (triple-)-reactive enneagram.

and nope, Sx/sp is not asexual. Whenever I hear such claims, I suspect sp first.
    He and I share similar interests like tarot, astrology, mythology and psychology... but where we differ most in the way we express those interests. I would say I am more self-contained when it comes to my personal opinions, feelings, and beliefs than he is and I tend to share mostly with those I feel close to. I do think he wants to change and shake things up (in a different way than I do) not only in himself but other people's perception and behaviors as well. I am not as interested in changing how other's behave and believe but I have had times when I did. To me it feels more natural to lead by example, although I am not sure if that is the best way to put it. I think he prefers to share his discoveries with others and make a social statement or impact.
    Last edited by Aylen; 12-13-2014 at 02:27 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say he disregards social issues; if anything, he has a decent grasp of the broader social context he operates in, given that he's a 4w5 (I don't think this can be solely accounted for by Fe). he definitely has a brooding quality, but I've never seen any of the strained, ascending tension and compressed reactivity of sx/sp with him; rather, his emotions seem to come out in a slightly more blunt, somewhat jagged way, and the way he deals with conflict is much more openly oppositional and aggressive. so while I can't say he necessarily incites the group via sexuality, he definitely feels more accessible than sx/sp's, like he's naturally tuned in to the actual relevance of whatever social attitude he adopts, not just mysteriously drifting in his own world, happening to chime in when the impulse strikes. one other thing is that his intensity has the impersonal quality of contra-flow types; this is a complementary contrast to the accessibility: it's there for you to see, but not something that can be emotionally possessed. sx/sp's, despite being more closed off in ways, typically seem a bit more ingenuous in this regard, like even if you're receiving less energy overall, what you get sticks. also, I think rat's tritype is 4w5-5w4-8w7, which could partly explain the seeming insularity; it also makes his ability to 'come out' of himself more easily explainable by so (I would argue he's able to do it easier than me, despite the fact that I'm 4w3).
    Last edited by strrrng; 12-12-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look at some of the typings in this thread again and to me @Allie seems syn-flow at her core. Rat is most likely contra-flow. Both obvious sx first.

Syn-flow: sp→so→sx→sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so→so/sx→>sx/sp→sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp→sx→so→sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx→sx/so→so/sp→sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.
    I don't know what this means but I think I like it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

All this talk of brooding reminds me of my mother, LSI, 1w2, 136 tritype, so/sp and she does it with style. She can also be full of sunshine when she wants to be.

"He had been seething & brooding & sizzling & what not like a soul in torment, yearning for some outlet for his repressed emotions" -- Wodehouse

Edit: My mother has a type of intensity that made me not want to type her sx last but I am pretty sure she is now that I have read more on the instincts. Men and women have always found her sexy and attractive without a doubt. They still do and every time I am out with her someone comments on her attractiveness. It is the oddest thing. I mean that they so openly comment on it, even at her age.

~~~
    @FoxOnStilts more info here re: contra and syn-flow

http://enneasite.com/the-stackings/
    Last edited by Aylen; 12-13-2014 at 03:27 AM. Reason: correction

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    sx/sp can be plenty asexual (ostensibly) if they're not into anybody at the moment.

Also the fact that rat strikes you as insular/brooding (I don't disagree w/ that characterization) would generally point to sx/sp > sx/so.
    But not interested or not outwardly sultry is not asexual seeming. There's really not many people who seem asexual.

As for Rat, I also can't shake off the sx/sp impression.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    True.

It's more that I think naming the instinct 'Sexual' was an unfortunate misnomer, and that it probably should've been called something better descriptive of what it's about.
    Yes, misleading name to considerable extent.

I was trying to come up with a person who truly seems asexual to me, and the first person that popped into my head was Tim Gunn.

But with these kind of people there's always an option of them having especially kinky interests. There's a thin line between asexual and dungeon.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FoxOnStilts more info here re: contra and syn-flow

Okay maybe not. Seems a bit too esoteric for my tastes.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    I used Silke's model for my typings of people I've seen around:

Syn-flow: sp > so > sx > sp

sx/sp - Agarina, dolphin, Galen, Silke, Aylen, woofwoolf (sx/so also possible), Avio, Scapegrace (?--), rat, ananke, missBabyDoll, Mega (sx/so can also work for him), Within, mfckr, Hemoglobin

so/sx - applejacks, Refilculris, truck, Maritsa (?), WorkaholicsAnon, epheme, lemontress, mercutio, Ollyx2OxenFree, narc, andelise

sp/so - zap/ath, DaftPunk, FDG (?), Director Abbie, Cpig, Tacey Ruth, sevjenn, invisiblejim, Whoobie77, kadda1212, Olga T, Pa3S, roro (sp/sx also an option), LIIbrarian

Contra-flow: sp > sx > so > sp

sp/sx - bg, Park, Ryene Astraelis, blackburry, lungs, redbaron, hygdrangea, Elina, Matrix, LostInDreams/Kore, labster, Gem/Boudica, PhantomShadow, Waster, Joy (sp/so is an alternative), Jimmers, Minde, Starfall

sx/so - Scarletlux, Aquagraph, Allie, Gilly, jet city woman, sarinana, Ezra, Transkar, JWC3, DJ Arendee, aisa (or so/sx...), blood moon, Eliza Thomason (...maybe. so/sx kind of works, too), Absurd, squark, Allie

so/sp - Expat, Pookie, mikemex, hkkmr, Iris, octo, gabrielle, Saberstorm (sp/so also legit), Esaman, Subteigh (sp/so also relatively plausible...), The Ineffable, MensSuperMateriam, Soupman, Gelden, xerx, William, consentingadult, FoxOnStilts

meanwhile I updated my typings with new folks.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All this talk of brooding reminds me of my mother, LSI, 1w2, 136 tritype, so/sp and she does it with style. She can also be full of sunshine when she wants to be.

"He had been seething & brooding & sizzling & what not like a soul in torment, yearning for some outlet for his repressed emotions" -- Wodehouse

Edit: My mother has a type of intensity that made me not want to type her sx last but I am pretty sure she is now that I have read more on the instincts. Men and women have always found her sexy and attractive without a doubt. They still do and every time I am out with her someone comments on her attractiveness. It is the oddest thing. I mean that they so openly comment on it, even at her age.
    Despite seeming so dissimilar at a glance, I have thought before that so/sp and sx/sp stacking actually have a lot in common: both end up feeling 'blocked' and impeded in some ways, both accumulate pressure behind their 'sp-walls', and the thicker those walls, the more pressure builds up that they don't feel like they have an easy way to express, and both may release it in one sudden passionate gust. That nature and the root causes to their impediments and frustrations is different though.

more info here re: contra and syn-flow

Enneasite uses a lot of metaphorical language to explain the stackings and the flows, which gets it mistaken for something new age-ish, and I've found this puts some people of. It's not the easiest place to start unless one's preferred method to learn is by implied comparisons.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I knew you didn't like me for a long time, Silke, so I'm glad it's out in the open.
    If someone disagrees with you over some typings, it doesn't right away mean that they dislike you. I don't know you well enough to make that judgement, but as is evidenced by the nature and tone of your posts you're working hard on making yourself be disliked.

No, Silke, the joke is on you, for typing MM sx-last and TWE sp/so. I hope you’re fucking kidding with the other part of your argument. Stop talking to me like I’m Rain Man.
    Over-zealous battletyping on 16t and attempts to force your own typings while supplanting opinions of others by means of insults and character attacks is not going to get you far besides getting considered as another forum crazy. Just a warning.

She typed me that after she saw your typing and for different reasons. We both know it, so don't play dumb.
    Sienna is intelligent woman who has her own reasons for her typings, and we have disagreed on quite a few. So don't try to depict her as some kind of an idiot who follows others around and mindlessly parrots them.

Btw, you seem to be waaaay more obsessed with your sx-ness then me
    ... except that I've never talked much about "my sx-ness"

if you wouldn't passive-agressively compare me with pictures of so/sp russian prima ballerinas.
    ... except that I don't type TheWholeEnglish as so/sp. I've compared her and you to Savelieva in the "Famous IEI" thread on the basis of you being Beta NFs and not enneagram.

since you're throwing everyone out of your club like a special snowflake.
    Nobody is throwing you out of the "special snowflake club". You're free to type yourself whatever you wish, weeeeee! It's mostly your inane form of bitchiness and cattiness that go along with your obsession typology that have raised some red flags.

I can smell your passive-agressivness from miles away.
    That's your own smell unfortunately, might need an attitude refresher.

You were awfully passive – aggressive with Spider also in the chatbox.
    And you've said you see Beta NFs on here as "bitchy" and even thought Starfall was a bitch (of all the people on here ...). So? If you insist on bringing in some extraneous convos, then you're neck deep in your own shit. Spider took an offense of me saying she looked "mis/omni-directed" in her typing video due to her 9ness, and I've cleared it up with her that my comment wasn't meant as such. There was nothing p.a. about this whole exchange - it was resolved within minutes.

The thing I’m definitelly convinced of now is that you’re a grade A asshole.
    Side-by-side with your replies in this thread, the exchange between me and Golden and Galen's participation have turned this discourse to a positive note and a solution has been proposed to fix some unfair stereotypes, meanwhile you're tried to tear down this discussion and turn it into a gigantic cat fight while slinging a lot of bitchy accusatory shit my way. The asshole in this thread is clearly not me.

I will not make a public post with typings of forum members. You can see my opinions in various typing threads.
    Nice cop out.

I make long posts because I I'm fucking obssessed with typology. You find my posts bland and useless mental masturbation, yet you yourself only speak about typology in chatbox and spend translating and posting russian articles for hours and years.
    Hey, I'm not the one professing to be "obsessed with typology" here. These typological abstractions are of little value to me and I don't relate to your over-zealous bitchiness on their behalf. Your mania over typings is just alien.
    I've done the translations because people have asked me very nicely to do them, being one of the few native speakers here, and not because I'm obsessed with type profiles. There's not much creative, "mental" or "intellectual" value in flipping the pages of a dictionary.

Retarted typings piss me the fuck off and you spreading retarted misinformations about stacks is intellectually dishonest.
    You're awfully certain that you know who's right and who's wrong on this forum, and it sounds like an incredibly presumptuous and delusional thing to say. Reminds me of the times Maritsa had tried to argue down people with whose typings she doesn't agree resorting to insults when she doesn't get her way.

I’m starting to wonder if there’s some weird jealousy going on.
    Ah, the "ur jealous" argument. All I gotta say to this is "lol!"

You only like that with Galen, so you two can kiss each other's sx/sp asses.
    Lol, if you'd like we can let you into our 'special snowflake club' for a day and you can kiss our asses too

It's you who don't seem to grasp the competitivness, aggresivness, and image projection into social realm of sx/so.
    And this is another instance where you're simplifying and not taking several other factors into account. As Elina has explained in another thread the instinct is modified by the main enneagram type, so for example in descriptions of sx and soc 9s there is little in a way of "competitiveness, aggressiveness, and image projection". That's your own perpetually envious and image-preoccupied 4/3-ness speaking up here that you're attempting to attribute to the instincts.

Here are descriptions published by Silke herself:

You’re so fucking dishonest, shady and patronizing silke that it makes me sick
    I've promoted many articles on CMS by various authors Gulenko, Filatova, Beskova, Naranjo, the Fauvres, and the list goes on. Does this mean that I agree with everything they have to say? No. Does this make me "dishonest, shady and patronizing" if I have my own opinions that diverge from what's published on CMS? It doesn't and is just a bunch of nonsensical, bitchy and mean-spirited crap to insinuate. Almost all articles published on CMS are not of own authorship, and neither I nor anyone else on this forum is obliged follow what's published there exactly to the word.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    If someone disagrees with you over some typings, it doesn't right away mean that they dislike you. I don't know you well enough to make that judgement, but as is evidenced by the nature and tone of your posts you're working hard on making yourself be disliked.

Over-zealous battletyping on 16t and attempts to force your own typings while supplanting opinions of others by means of insults and character attacks is not going to get you far besides getting considered as another forum crazy. Just a warning.

Sienna is intelligent woman who has her own reasons for her typings, and we have disagreed on quite a few. So don't try to depict her as some kind of an idiot who follows others around and mindlessly parrots them.

... except that I've never talked much about "my sx-ness"

... except that I don't type TheWholeEnglish as so/sp. I've compared her and you to Savelieva in the "Famous IEI" thread on the basis of you being Beta NFs and not enneagram.

Nobody is throwing you out of the "special snowflake club". You're free to type yourself whatever you wish, weeeeee! It's mostly your inane form of bitchiness and cattiness that go along with your obsession typology that have raised some red flags.

That's your own smell unfortunately, might need an attitude refresher.

And you've said you see Beta NFs on here as "bitchy" and even thought Starfall was a bitch (of all the people on here ...). So? If you insist on bringing in some extraneous convos, then you're neck deep in your own shit. Spider took an offense of me saying she looked "mis/omni-directed" in her typing video due to her 9ness, and I've cleared it up with her that my comment wasn't meant as such. There was nothing p.a. about this whole exchange - it was resolved within minutes.

Side-by-side with your replies in this thread, the exchange between me and Golden and Galen's participation have turned this discourse to a positive note and a solution has been proposed to fix some unfair stereotypes, meanwhile you're tried to tear down this discussion and turn it into a gigantic cat fight while slinging a lot of bitchy accusatory shit my way. The asshole in this thread is clearly not me.

Nice cop out.

Hey, I'm not the one professing to be "obsessed with typology" here. These typological abstractions are of little value to me and I don't relate to your over-zealous bitchiness on their behalf. Your mania over typings is just alien.
    I've done the translations because people have asked me very nicely to do them, being one of the few native speakers here, and not because I'm obsessed with type profiles. There's not much creative, "mental" or "intellectual" value in flipping the pages of a dictionary.

You're awfully certain that you know who's right and who's wrong on this forum, and it sounds like an incredibly presumptuous and delusional thing to say. Reminds me of the times Maritsa had tried to argue down people with whose typings she doesn't agree resorting to insults when she doesn't get her way.

Ah, the "ur jealous" argument. All I gotta say to this is "lol!"

Lol, if you'd like we can let you into our 'special snowflake club' for a day and you can kiss our asses too

And this is another instance where you're simplifying and not taking several other factors into account. As Elina has explained in another thread the instinct is modified by the main enneagram type, so for example in descriptions of sx and soc 9s there is little in a way of "competitiveness, aggressiveness, and image projection". That's your own perpetually envious and image-preoccupied 4/3-ness speaking up here that you're attempting to attribute to the instincts.

I've promoted many articles on CMS by various authors Gulenko, Filatova, Beskova, Naranjo, the Fauvres, and the list goes on. Does this mean that I agree with everything they have to say? No. Does this make me "dishonest, shady and patronizing" if I have my own opinions that diverge from what's published on CMS? It doesn't and is just a bunch of nonsensical, bitchy and mean-spirited crap to insinuate. Almost all articles published on CMS are not of own authorship, and neither I nor anyone else on this forum is obliged follow what's published there exactly to the word.
    Whatever silke, you seem slow. Try to answer quicker next time, I'm over this argument by now. Just don't quote me in anything and we're good.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    i guessed it by your music taste since a lot of it overlapped with mine

i've updated my instinct typings, added a few members who have recently joined

Syn-flow: sp > so > sx > sp

sx/sp - Agarina, Radio, dolphin, rat1, Scapegrace, chriscorey, Ashton/mfckr, Galen, Korpsy Knievel, Contra, squark, Anglas, Raver

so/sx - truck/BnD, applejacks, Refilculris, Maritsa, Narc, woofwoolf, Mega, Ollyx2OxenFree, Finale, GuavaDrunk, anndelise, AzureFlame/DJArendee, WorkaholicsAnon, thePirate, Phthalate, 07490/numbers, silverchris(?), epheme(?)

sp/so - Pa3s, lemontrees, glam, sevjenn, Minde, Iris, Roro, Kore/LostInDreams, FDG, leckysupport, Kim, fen, Timmy/chrisalys, labster/lecter, zap/ath, Cpig, InvisibleJim, Whoobie77, munenori2, HandiAce, Kill4Me, mercutio, nil, suedehead, RedVillain, felafel, Shayley, Director Abbie, DaftPunk, Krig the Viking, Olga, TheWholeEnglish(?),

Contra-flow: sp > sx > so > sp

sp/sx - bg, hitta, Park, blackburry, jessica, Starfall, lungs, Legerdemain, Jadae, Joy, Trevor, Birdie/hygdrangea, Aylen, Cuddly/Ryene, Vois, krae, Simon Ssmall, JuJu, Deestructor, redbaron, Leader/Agee, The Matrix(?)

sx/so - Aquagraph, Allie, Gilly, strrrng, JRiddy, Sienna/Agni, Transkar, Reuben, JWC3, jet city woman, Eliza Thomason, Ezra, maithili/sssonyyy, nanashi, Jinxi, Absurd, aisa, Scarletlux, Nomenclature

so/sp - somavision, Strangelove, octo, Pookie, Animal/Auvi, mikemex, hkkmr, slater, Expat, Saberstorm, William, Esaman, Subteigh, The Ineffable, niffweed/aestrivex, Moonraker/HLD, Blackholeroad, MensSuperMateriam, Yaaroslav, xerx(?), PistolShrimp(?), darya(?), Elina(?), Oaky/Time(?)
    Interesting... i never saw this post before... So you vote so/sx for me as well (I used to be WorkaholicsAnon)...I'd considered that stacking for myself in the past, and there is also concordance with silke's opinion, and lemontrees also thinks so-first and sx-notlast for me.

From the gestalt i've gotten on the stackings over the past few months since i started looking at them more, I do think i resonate more with so/sx than sp/so (which was originally suggested to me for questionable reasons). I do tend to give off an sp-ish vibe sometimes, but i think that may actually be Si-dom influences coming through (and maybe some anxiety issues). I definitely feel a much more similar energy from the so/sx-ers here than from the sp/so-ers. I really dont resonate much with contra-flow at all.

I think i'm gonna go with so/sx from here on out, thanks!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678