View Poll Results: What is your instinct stacking?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • sp/sx

22 23.16%
  • sx/sp

26 27.37%
  • so/sx

11 11.58%
  • sx/so

16 16.84%
  • sp/so

11 11.58%
  • so/sp

3 3.16%
  • not certain or don't know

6 6.32%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: +Instinctual Variant Survey

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i guess i'm Sx/So.

God help me.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like the descriptions for these things. i think they make people wanna be sx first.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    i don't like the descriptions for these things. i think they make people wanna be sx first.
    What about the Sx descriptions makes you think that way?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you got mine right @silke (from what I read here) http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings

I will say there's no way in hell anyone could ever get me to jump out of a plane... I guess it's a matter of personal preference though. I'm more of a swimming with sharks while simultaneously getting my cel-phone shut off type person.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me: sx/sp

Best Friend: so/sp
    Sister: so/sx
    2nd Sister: sp/sx
    Dad: sx/sp
    Mom: sx/sp

Not that those typings help anyone on here

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    I think you got mine right @silke (from what I read here) http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings
    i guessed it by your music taste since a lot of it overlapped with mine

i've updated my instinct typings, added a few members who have recently joined

Syn-flow: sp > so > sx > sp

sx/sp - Agarina, Radio, dolphin, rat1, Scapegrace, chriscorey, Ashton/mfckr, Galen, Korpsy Knievel, Contra, squark, Anglas, Raver

so/sx - truck/BnD, applejacks, Refilculris, Maritsa, Narc, woofwoolf, Mega, Ollyx2OxenFree, Finale, GuavaDrunk, anndelise, AzureFlame/DJArendee, WorkaholicsAnon, thePirate, Phthalate, 07490/numbers, silverchris(?), epheme(?)

sp/so - Pa3s, lemontrees, glam, sevjenn, Minde, Iris, Roro, Kore/LostInDreams, FDG, leckysupport, Kim, fen, Timmy/chrisalys, labster/lecter, zap/ath, Cpig, InvisibleJim, Whoobie77, munenori2, HandiAce, Kill4Me, mercutio, nil, suedehead, RedVillain, felafel, Shayley, Director Abbie, DaftPunk, Krig the Viking, Olga, TheWholeEnglish(?),

Contra-flow: sp > sx > so > sp

sp/sx - bg, hitta, Park, blackburry, jessica, Starfall, lungs, Legerdemain, Jadae, Joy, Trevor, Birdie/hygdrangea, Aylen, Cuddly/Ryene, Vois, krae, Simon Ssmall, JuJu, Deestructor, redbaron, Leader/Agee, The Matrix(?)

sx/so - Aquagraph, Allie, Gilly, strrrng, JRiddy, Sienna/Agni, Transkar, Reuben, JWC3, jet city woman, Eliza Thomason, Ezra, maithili/sssonyyy, nanashi, Jinxi, Absurd, aisa, Scarletlux, Nomenclature

so/sp - somavision, Strangelove, octo, Pookie, Animal/Auvi, mikemex, hkkmr, slater, Expat, Saberstorm, William, Esaman, Subteigh, The Ineffable, niffweed/aestrivex, Moonraker/HLD, Blackholeroad, MensSuperMateriam, Yaaroslav, xerx(?), PistolShrimp(?), darya(?), Elina(?), Oaky/Time(?)
    Last edited by silke; 12-14-2014 at 05:12 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Sx/Sps really that uncommon overall? Every set of statistics I look at has Sx-primaries as the least numerous, and I don't see why that should be the case.

Although to be fair that's been my experience as well, judging from people I interact with regularly.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@silke, how did you type us? Also, do those with a question mark at the end mean that you're unsure but that's your current impression?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Are Sx/Sps really that uncommon overall? Every set of statistics I look at has Sx-primaries as the least numerous, and I don't see why that should be the case.

Although to be fair that's been my experience as well, judging from people I interact with regularly.
    I'm of opinion that globally the stackings are evenly distributed, but locally there will be lopsidedness (based on the like attracts like principle) as well as bias in sampling due to unevenness of exposure. Sx/sp is said to be one of the most 'blocked' stackings, 'blocked' in a sense of not socially putting themselves out there, and I've started to suspect that this may be the case. Casually typing celebs and politicians I've collected 58 so/sp pins compared to the paltry 17 sx/sp pins and sx/so's have likewise been a rare sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    @silke, how did you type us? Also, do those with a question mark at the end mean that you're unsure but that's your current impression?
    Impressions from participation on this forum correlated with various articles I've read about the instincts. Question mark means "possibly" but with lower certainty that the others listed under that stack.

You guys should post up your own typing lists. I'd like to see how mine compares with others.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I'm of opinion that globally the stackings are evenly distributed, but locally there will be lopsidedness (based on the like attracts like principle) as well as bias in sampling due to unevenness of exposure.
    I'd love to believe the same, but even in my exposure to the everyday people I interact with the number of Sx primaries, let alone Sx/Sps, I come in contact with is much lower than the others.

Sx/sp is said to be one of the most 'blocked' stackings, 'blocked' in a sense of not socially putting themselves out there, and I've started to suspect that this may be the case.
    Your list of Sx/Sp celebs, just from facial expressions alone, seems like a bunch of people I'd have no chance of making conversation with, even if we were in the same room. Holistically they seem very walled off, disinterested and disengaged. "Get away, I don't care to talk with you." Cool people once you actually get to know them, but otherwise they want nothing to do with anybody.

... do I come off like that? I wonder, I've been told that I can be very hard to get to know at first glance.

Casually typing celebs and politicians I've collected 58 so/sp pins compared to the paltry 17 sx/sp pins and sx/so's have likewise been a rare sighting.
    To be fair I don't think politics is a very attractive realm for So-last types. All politicians and political pundits I've seen have been So > Sx imo.
    Last edited by Galen; 07-11-2014 at 05:43 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do find that most enneasites have a disproportionate amount of followers who self-type as Sx/Sp. Regardless of how true this is, I do find that there's some sort of impression about Sx/Sps as the "cool" type that people secretly want to aspire to (projection ololol).
    I identify as sx/sp and I don't think it's "cool" at all. I think sx/so would be cooler cause then you wouldn't contain the sx in that conflicted way, you'd release the energy, or sx last would be nice. More stable and peaceful.

My test results on the first test silke listed were:
    sx %62
    so %30
    sp %38

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am interested in hearing how you arrived at sp/so for me. I always test as sp/so or so/sp; however, I made two videos for a forum a few weeks ago, and was told sp/sx was obvious from some of my answers.

And my most recent results:
    Screen shot 2014-07-13 at 12.29.55 PM.png

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd love to believe the same, but even in my exposure to the everyday people I interact with the number of Sx primaries, let alone Sx/Sps, I come in contact with is much lower than the others.
    Well what do you think happens to them?

Your list of Sx/Sp celebs, just from facial expressions alone, seems like a bunch of people I'd have no chance of making conversation with, even if we were in the same room. Holistically they seem very walled off, disinterested and disengaged. "Get away, I don't care to talk with you." Cool people once you actually get to know them, but otherwise they want nothing to do with anybody.
    Perhaps it's the "too-cool-for-school" sx/sp impression that you mentioned in another thread. Or perhaps because that collection was heavy on Se and Ti types. I get a completely different vibe from these photos, something similar to so/sp curiosity, like kids peeking out from behind a fence with glimpses of wonder in their eyes. But there is a kind of dull, charcoal-like overlay on the background of which the sp-last stacking do look more approachable.

... do I come off like that? I wonder, I've been told that I can be very hard to get to know at first glance.
    I would say not, though the main feature that stands out for me with sx/sp's isn't the aloofness but a kind of emotional overload and impressionability.

To be fair I don't think politics is a very attractive realm for So-last types. All politicians and political pundits I've seen have been So > Sx imo.
    Yeah, my point was that the scarcity of sx-firsts could be due to very low social exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    I am interested in hearing how you arrived at sp/so for me. I always test as sp/so or so/sp; however, I made two videos for a forum a few weeks ago, and was told sp/sx was obvious from some of my answers.
    It's a vibe I got from what I've seen of you in tinychat and a few forum posts. Social exposure mixed together with flightiness typical of sp/so stacking, like that time woof was saying that he couldn't see you because even though you came on cam you burrowed into a bunch of blankets - small clues like that

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

just curious what everyone types themselves as...

edit: a few references for those who don't know their stacking
    tests
    http://similarminds.com/variant.html
    http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2.php
    articles
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...inct-scrapheap
    Thanks for sharing.

The second test got me as 4w5 sp.
    I think I am sp/sx
    459 or 458, not sure for the core type.

EDIT : Ah just saw your suggestion for sp/so for me Can you elaborate please? Want to understand

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I did the eclectic energies test a few days ago and got 4 with balanced wings sexual variant.

I did it today and got the 4w5 with sexual variant.

The info silke provides gives a new perceptive on the variants but I have never tested anything other than sx/sp/so. I am giving it full consideration though because I think this kind of stuff is useful for self-knowledge.

I wrote before, somewhere on this forum, about hanging out with a new friend once alone for the first time. The next day when mutual friends asked her what she thought of me her reply was, "she is all sex". I was hurt by that comment and didn't understand why she would say something like that about me. We talked it out and I understood her reasons but she and I never hung out alone again. From Silke's info I am trying to match up why some people say that about me when it is not my conscious intention to be sexual in the way I interact. It would probably be an area I just don't notice because whatever it is I do that makes people think that is often different than how I perceive myself.

But, I am aware when I am intentionally using sexuality to guide a situation or to defend myself. I know the variant has nothing to do with how physically sexual or sexy you are. On the how sexual I am scale, I would rate myself as average interest in sex and more interested in starting metaphorical fires. What people do with it is up to them..

Fuck if I know what I am saying right now anyway. I had an awesome experience,in a dream, and I am in the zone...intensity connections rule my life whether I am sx first or not. I create my own tragedies so I can suffer them with grace and come out stronger. I go toward danger when I know I shouldn't. I will probably delete this post when I come down...not on drugs for the record.

Edit: The girl I mention above, well I could tell she was both attracted and repelled by me and I tend to get that a lot. We were fine when we were in a group together but alone I could sense her discomfort and I never hit on her or anything or even gave an indication that I would. heh

"I want to make you move because you're standing still"

Edit2: Maybe silke is right. I have to pay more attention before I officially change my status. I have to get used to this interpretation of the instinct stackings.

Edit3: as horrible as being sx/sp sounds here I can't deny it. I think I see it as way more positive.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-15-2014 at 05:40 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

sx/so - Scarletlux, Nomenclature, Aquagraph, Allie, Gilly, strrrng, JRiddy, jet city woman, Ezra, Transkar, Reuben, JWC3, blood moon/sssonyyy, Solaris/rosewood, aisa, Eliza Thomason, nanashi, Jinxi, Absurd

so/sp - Expat, Pookie, mikemex, hkkmr, somavision, Animal/Auvi, Strangelove, octo, slater, Saberstorm, William, Esaman, Subteigh, The Ineffable, niffweed/aestrivex, Moonraker/HLD, Blackholeroad, MensSuperMateriam, Soupman, Yaaroslav, xerx(?), PistolShrimp(?), darya(?), Elina(?), Oaky/Time(?)
    @silke no offense, but you are sooo wrong about me that it's ridiculous I agree on your pick of sx/so people (the ones I know) and trust me, I belong with them. Sorry, but my typing is really making me laugh.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    @silke no offense, but you are sooo wrong about me that it's ridiculous I agree on your pick of sx/so people (the ones I know) and trust me, I belong with them. Sorry, but my typing is really making me laugh.
    Never yell "fire" in public. People WILL run.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Never yell "fire" in public. People WILL run.
    Wait, isn't "rape" the one I shouldn't be yelling ?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/so for me. It's a strange thing for an LSE I imagine.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I used Silke's model for my typings of people I've seen around:

Syn-flow: sp > so > sx > sp

sx/sp - Agarina, dolphin, Galen, Silke, Aylen, woofwoolf (sx/so also possible), Avio, Scapegrace (?--), rat, ananke, missBabyDoll, Mega (sx/so can also work for him), Within, mfckr, Hemoglobin

so/sx - applejacks, Refilculris, truck, Maritsa (?), WorkaholicsAnon, epheme, lemontress, mercutio, Ollyx2OxenFree, narc, andelise

sp/so - zap/ath, DaftPunk, FDG (?), Director Abbie, Cpig, Tacey Ruth, sevjenn, invisiblejim, Whoobie77, kadda1212, Olga T, Pa3S, roro (sp/sx also an option), LIIbrarian

Contra-flow: sp > sx > so > sp

sp/sx - bg, Park, Ryene Astraelis, blackburry, lungs, redbaron, hygdrangea, Elina, Matrix, LostInDreams/Kore, labster, Gem/Boudica, PhantomShadow, Waster, Joy (sp/so is an alternative), Jimmers, Minde, Starfall

sx/so - Scarletlux, Aquagraph, Allie, Gilly, jet city woman, sarinana, Ezra, Transkar, JWC3, DJ Arendee, aisa (or so/sx...), blood moon, Eliza Thomason (...maybe. so/sx kind of works, too), Absurd, squark, Allie

so/sp - Expat, Pookie, mikemex, hkkmr, Iris, octo, gabrielle, Saberstorm (sp/so also legit), Esaman, Subteigh (sp/so also relatively plausible...), The Ineffable, MensSuperMateriam, Soupman, Gelden, xerx, William, consentingadult, FoxOnStilts
    Last edited by Amber; 12-13-2014 at 12:38 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
    Social |||||||||||||||||| 58%
    Self Preservation ||||||||| 30%

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A simplified presentation of the stackings, but it might help some for the general understanding and vibe of people:

source : http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/200...stackings.html

The Instinctual Variants were designed by Riso and Hudson to describe the way our essential needs as humans manifest in our personalities. The sexual instinct (sx) is related to the need to mate, the social (so) to the need to be part of a group, and the self-preservation (sp) to the need for food and shelter. Each of these is ordered within our personality as a primary instinct which overrules the others, formulating how we are more likely to act in our every day lives. The second-most influential instinctual variant in our personality acts as a support to that primary instinct.

Sexual primary
    people are more likely to most of the time be intense, assertive, aggressive, impulsive, focused, idealistic, and relationship and adrenaline "junkies". When less healthy, they may be especially volatile, extreme, aggressive, attacking, addicted to alcoholism or drugs, promiscuous, sacrificing anything for a rush; or they may be psychotically experientially deprived, having especially dysfunctional and unhealthy attitudes towards sex and intimacy.

Social primary
    people are more likely to most of the time be funny, engaging, witty, silly, over-the-top, warm, and friendly. When less healthy, they may be socially anxious, scattered, erratic or especially resentful of social rejection.

Self-preservation primary
    people are more likely to most of the time be calm, centered, thoughtful, especially aesthetic, orderly, mindful of health issues, and concerned about establishing optimum comfort and tranquility in their environment. When less healthy they may become pack-rats, overeat, over-stock, over-shop, over-binge, or go on unhealthy diets; or they may become self-destructive towards their health and security concerns and get involved in dangerous activities that ensure self-destruction.

Read on to see further descriptions of how the supporting instinctual variant augments the personality...

SX/SO : Sexual Primary / Social Support
    "The Sensual Player"

• Expression: intense, outer-focused
    • Energy: intense energy expressed outwards, assertively
    • Behavior: intense, assertive, sultry and aggressive
    • Mindset: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    • Examples: Gwen Stefani

SO/SX: Social Primary / Sexual Support
    "The Intense Appealer"

• Expression: bright smiley, intense expression
    • Energy: outward energy expressed intensely, broadly
    • Behavior: bright, smiley, erratic and scattered
    • Mindset: "If I can get close to people with merging/intensity, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
    • Examples: Paige Davis (Trading Spaces), Tom Cruise

SX/SP: Sexual Primary / Self-Preservation Support

"One-Man Storm"

• Expression: intense, self-absorbed expression
    • Energy: intense energy expressed calmly, steadily, assertively
    • Behavior: intense, assertive, troubled and self absorbed
    • Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    • Examples: Harlock (Arcadia of my Youth)

SP/SX: Self-Preservation Primary / Sexual Support
    "Beautiful Dreamer"

• Expression: wistful self-absorbed expression, sighing, magic is in their head
    • Energy: calm, steady energy expressed intensely, withdrawing
    • Behavior: withdrawn, calm, wistful and self absorbed
    • Mindset: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)
    • Examples: Alanis Morisette, Amelie (Amelie)

SO/SP: Social Primary / Self-Preservation Support
    "The Collected Engage-er"

• Expression: bright smiley, calm expression
    • Energy: outward energy expressed calmly, steadily, broadly (more flow and steady energy to their engaging and less jerkiness, gushiness, or over-the-topness like the so/sx)
    • Behavior: bright, smiley, calm and thoughtful
    • Mindset: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
    • Examples: Hilary Clinton, Ellen Degeneres

SP/SO: Self-Preservation Primary / Social Support
    "The Withdrawn Submissive"

• Expression: withdrawn calm, smiley expression
    • Energy: calm, steady energy expressed outward
    • Behavior: withdrawn, calm, smiley and submissive
    • Mindset: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can make sure of and keep my orderly and pleasing lifestyle." (May try to be just appealing and connected with groups enough for everyone to get out of their hair. )
    • Examples: Raymond (Everybody Loves Raymond)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    I identify as sx/sp and I don't think it's "cool" at all. I think sx/so would be cooler cause then you wouldn't contain the sx in that conflicted way, you'd release the energy, or sx last would be nice. More stable and peaceful.
    I think many people's gravitation towards sx/sp had to do with misconceptions about what it means to be social and what it means to be sexual. I even mistyped as that once upon a time, lol. I think it's natural for people to gravitate towards sexual first and social last especially in the beginning. It's the most common way I see people type themselves online. Not sure if people find it the coolest though but I could see it. The whole broody, romantic, intense, passionate, sexual, yaddayadda.

My test results on the first test silke listed were:
    sx %62
    so %30
    sp %38
    sx 66%
    so 54%
    sp 26%

I think the tests can be skewed by being a certain type (like 4s may score higher on sx, 5's with sp, etc). And the score is just based off of what the test maker assigned to those instincts which seem pretty simplistic. A lot of the social questions seem better suited for so/sp than so/sx. I've never scored as so/sx on any of these tests but I could still be one and the results could be influenced by whatever core type I am, you know?

Here's another instinctual test for those interested that I haven't seen posted here. It gives you 36 situations and three responses towards them and you get to rank each response by 0-3. I still don't get so/sx though but you guys may be interested in it.

Last results from it: Sx: 88, SO: 47, SP: 39

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think many people's gravitation towards sx/sp had to do with misconceptions about what it means to be social and what it means to be sexual. I even mistyped as that once upon a time, lol. I think it's natural for people to gravitate towards sexual first and social last especially in the beginning. It's the most common way I see people type themselves online. Not sure if people find it the coolest though but I could see it. The whole broody, romantic, intense, passionate, sexual, yaddayadda.
    Another trouble is that "intense" and "passionate" don't mean anything without knowing what to compare it to. A random sp/so's might see his/her base state as "passionate" from a subjective perspective, but that sort of intensity lives on a totally different plane from the Sx-primary. It's the problem with intellectualizing an experiential observation. Too much qualia that goes unnamed and glossed over.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've barely been here but I also highly doubt @darya being So/Sp. Could we hear you guys' reasoning @silke and @Solaris?

Who came up with this syn-flow and contra-flow stuff? I've seen it a lot but never dabbled with it but seems a bit interesting or perhaps good for trying to get someone's stack down.

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

The two flows move in the opposite directions. This antithesis can be seen if the instinctual stackings are compared in pairs:

so/sx - including, associating, affiliating, networking, incorporating, interconnecting, introducing, unifying, linking, bonding, annexing, cooperating, receiving
    sx/so - excluding, eliminating, dividing, separating, contradicting, subverting, confronting, rebuffing, ridiculing, challenging, interrupting, reforming, rupturing

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    sp/sx - dulling, calming, quieting, grounding, descending, lowering, dampening, numbing, desensitizing, exhausting, deadening, extinguishing, making still

sp/so - conserving, protecting, maintaining, preserving, supplying, repairing, sustaining, stewarding
    so/sp - utilizing, employing, implementing, expending, exercising, spending, capitalizing, expropriating

Hmmm, I've heard about this "dark sider So/sx" so that may be why I can better see some of the sx/so words than the so/sx ones in me when I look at my life and some of my interactions.
    Darksiders on the other hand seem eager to prove their soc isn't in full control, so they typically test the boundaries of traditional soc values. maybe knee-jerk reactions against sheepish herd behavior, group mentalities, or warmside strategies for making connections. they aren't any less healthy by definition, but can seem that way due to their darker, more confrontational manner. they use highly customized interactive tactics like all so/sx's, but in a more uncompromising "keeping it real" way, owing to the active tension between "good" soc and "bad" sx. some examples are woody harrelson, frank zappa, jack nicholson, lauryn hill, judy garland, chris rock, eminem, george carlin, andy warhol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another trouble is that "intense" and "passionate" don't mean anything without knowing what to compare it to. A random sp/so's might see his/her base state as "passionate" from a subjective perspective, but that sort of intensity lives on a totally different plane from the Sx-primary. It's the problem with intellectualizing an experiential observation. Too much qualia that goes unnamed and glossed over.
    I used these videos as a reference when deciding my stack, after already relating to sx/sp
    http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...e-9-video.html
    If you scroll down about 4 posts in that thread there's a bunch of 9w8 stack exemplar celebrities and I relate to the sx/sp people the best.
    The soc/sp people for ex, not at all. None of the others much in general.

I also read here how nines' instinct relationship is jacked up in general:
    http://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/nine-stacks/
    The first

Enneatype Nines are out of touch with the instinctual center. Because Nines are of touch with their instinctual energy they have a very conflicted relationship to the expression of the various instincts.

And also out of the descriptions of the nine stacks at that ocean-moonshine link I relate to sx/sp the most.
    I think it does make sense why E9 sx sp wouldn't be manifest nearly as intensely as say E4 or E8.
    Nine fixation wants peace, no conflict, and not to rock the boat, while Sx is intense reactions and urges.
    So I think the 9 fixation dissipates the Sx energy inwardly, instead of acting on it always, because it would upset the peacefulness of the environment.
    For example, I totally feel strong immediate to reactions to people chemistry wise, however if it's a bad vibe that I'm getting, I won't act on it - don't want to create conflict.

I try to be honest with myself and would totally change my stack if I found something else to be true, but that's just what I relate to the most...
    @Galen @silke @Ollyx2OxenFree Tell me what you think about E9's relationship with their instinct stack possibly being jacked up, and those exemplar celebrities at the first link, please and thanks
    Last edited by Ron Mexican; 07-15-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it does make sense why E9 sx sp wouldn't be manifest nearly as intensely as say E4 or E8.
    Nine fixation wants peace, no conflict, and not to rock the boat, while Sx is intense reactions and urges.
    So I think the 9 fixation dissipates the Sx energy inwardly, instead of acting on it always, because it would upset the peacefulness of the environment.
    For example, I totally feel strong immediate to reactions to people chemistry wise, however if it's a bad vibe that I'm getting, I won't act on it - don't want to create conflict.

I try to be honest with myself and would totally change my stack if I found something else to be true, but that's just what I relate to the most...
    @Galen @silke @Ollyx2OxenFree Tell me what you think about E9's relationship with their instinct stack possibly being jacked up, and those exemplar celebrities at the first link, please and thanks
    A good friend of mine is Si-SLI 9w8 Sx/Sp. He certainly was not all about *peace* and *harmony*; he'd probably say he's just the opposite about himself. Peace-seeking qualities seem more obviously present in 9w1s than their w8 counterparts.

I'd say the primary E9 quality isn't peace-seeking, but diffusion. There's a certain deep layer of their character that doesn't know how to apply itself fully, that's out of touch with what it really wants out of life and how to get it (gut triad + attachment triad). A sort of mental fuzziness settles in, like when your eyes go unfocused and spaced out; only this becomes the base line for how you perceive existence, and kicking yourself out of it grows exponentially harder the longer you stay there. The aforementioned 9w8 was certainly engaging and charming in his own way, but still somehow had this fuzziness of focus and purpose.

Sx-primary types seem to have this inner compulsion to break out of their core type neurosis in order to fulfill some deeper desire for connection. You have the notion of the counterphobic 6 who supposedly looks to battle against his anxieties instead of cowering in fear; I would dare to say that this counter-fixation pattern can be extended to all types. So you end up with a sort of countersloth 9, a character who understands that she's living in a dream of her own design and is desperately trying to wake up. She puts herself in situations and environments that physically engage her as much as she can fathom to remember what being awake and alive is like.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ffs Elina please listen to yourself first. You're the only one who knows yourself enough to get to the conclusion at the end Ofc you're trying to be honest to yourself, what's the point in deluding yourself about such silly stuff. Besides I really don't get what's supposed to be so glamorous about sx first. It causes nothing but fucking problems, frustrastions and obsessions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Ffs Elina please listen to yourself first. You're the only one who knows yourself enough to get to the conclusion at the end Ofc you're trying to be honest to yourself, what's the point in deluding yourself about such silly stuff. Besides I really don't get what's supposed to be so glamorous about sx first. It causes nothing but fucking problems, frustrastions and obsessions.
    I agree!

@Galen please take the time to look at some of the 9 stack vids 4 posts down in here: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...e-9-video.html
    Esp the 9w8 sx/sp people and see what you think.
    Btw I wouldn't say I'm peace-seeking overall, I was just saying that when the generic peace-seeking nature of 9, as it's often described, comes together with sx/sp it produces weird results.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another instinctual test for those interested that I haven't seen posted here. It gives you 36 situations and three responses towards them and you get to rank each response by 0-3. I still don't get so/sx though but you guys may be interested in it.

This was an interesting test, thank you for linking it.

I was surprised by my results:
    SP 70
    SX 68
    SO 36
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

sx 66%
    so 54%
    sp 26%

I think the tests can be skewed by being a certain type (like 4s may score higher on sx, 5's with sp, etc). And the score is just based off of what the test maker assigned to those instincts which seem pretty simplistic. A lot of the social questions seem better suited for so/sp than so/sx. I've never scored as so/sx on any of these tests but I could still be one and the results could be influenced by whatever core type I am, you know?

I am gonna take this.

Did you link this one coz I didn't see it.
    http://enneagramdimensions.net/artic...ypes.pdf#start

I am a dramatist, wizard, mystic = 459.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I used these videos as a reference when deciding my stack, after already relating to sx/sp
    http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...e-9-video.html
    If you scroll down about 4 posts in that thread there's a bunch of 9w8 stack exemplar celebrities and I relate to the sx/sp people the best.
    The soc/sp people for ex, not at all. None of the others much in general.

I also read here how nines' instinct relationship is jacked up in general:
    http://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/nine-stacks/
    The first

Enneatype Nines are out of touch with the instinctual center. Because Nines are of touch with their instinctual energy they have a very conflicted relationship to the expression of the various instincts.

And also out of the descriptions of the nine stacks at that ocean-moonshine link I relate to sx/sp the most.

Oh, just to be clear, I wasn't challenging your type when I quoted you, Elina. Just wanted to respond to some stuff you said. You know yourself and your experiences better than we do. Outside perspective can sometimes be good too and, since you seem open, if I ever think differently I'll run it by you. I liked Silke's usage of the flows but his impression of my stack wasn't really entertained too much since I know I'm not Sp-first. If you can't see it and understand each instinct/the stackings, don't sweat it.

As for the vids, I watched one with Uma Thurman in it. I could see the sx but I don't really want to rely on these vids as exemplars of certain stackings even if they're from typewatch. I'm not a fan of celebrity typings.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    This was an interesting test, thank you for linking it.

I was surprised by my results:
    SP 70
    SX 68
    SO 36
    You're welcome. What do you usually self-type as or test as?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am gonna take this.

Did you link this one coz I didn't see it.
    http://enneagramdimensions.net/artic...ypes.pdf#start

I am a dramatist, wizard, mystic = 459.
    Haha, I may retake it too since it's been damn near two months. I didn't link the 27 subtypes chart but I have seen it plenty of times.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, just to be clear, I wasn't challenging your type when I quoted you, Elina. Just wanted to respond to some stuff you said. You know yourself and your experiences better than we do. Outside perspective can sometimes be good too and, since you seem open, if I ever think differently I'll run it by you. I liked Silke's usage of the flows but his impression of my stack wasn't really entertained too much since I know I'm not Sp-first. If you can't see it and understand each instinct, don't sweat it.

As for the vids, I watched one with Uma Thurman in it. I could see the sx but I don't really want to rely on these vids as exemplars of certain stackings even if they're from typewatch. I'm not a fan of celebrity typings.
    No, you're good I just wanted some input from people on those type 9 stack exemplar people.
    But yea I relate to Jewel from that list a lot, for example, and a few others like Pat Benatar, the way Beyonce is in interviews... Nicholas Cage.
    And in general that section more than the other stacks.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome. What do you usually self-type as or test as?
    I have always had difficulties with the enneagram system, but people I've spent time talking with tend to agree with 6w7 sx/sp.

Out of curiosity I took the other test from that link. Highest score to lowest score:

7,4,9 are usually the ones that lead me to second guess the e6 typing, but as I think about how they fit together, I might be starting to see my pattern. I will have to double check on that, though.

Edited to add: Lol, nope, 4 didn't fit the thought I had.
    Last edited by anndelise; 07-16-2014 at 12:48 AM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree!

@Galen please take the time to look at some of the 9 stack vids 4 posts down in here: http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-fo...e-9-video.html
    Esp the 9w8 sx/sp people and see what you think.
    I've seen that list before, and I agree with only a scant few typings in it. What specifically do you want me to expand upon?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm probably an So/Sx, just based on my history and So-first fits on a subconscious level. Although I often feel like an Sp/Sx compared to some people and I don't think my blind-spot is all that pronounced anymore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen that list before, and I agree with only a scant few typings in it. What specifically do you want me to expand upon?
    Jewel

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I have always had difficulties with the enneagram system, but people I've spent time talking with tend to agree with 6w7 sx/sp.

Out of curiosity I took the other test from that link. Highest score to lowest score:

7,4,9 are usually the ones that lead me to second guess the e6 typing, but as I think about how they fit together, I might be starting to see my pattern. I will have to double check on that, though.
    The instinct results for sp and sx were quite close though so it seems similar to your own typing, at least. I dunno about the enneagram stuff though. Maybe your 7 wing is strong and those are in your tritype, if you believe in that stuff. Maybe reading about Naranjo's stuff can help you. His descriptions can seem a bit extreme or unhealthy but it better differentiates the subtypes from each other as well as from other types. I can only find this link which has shorter descriptions but you can probably google for the others.

I also took her other test a few months ago:

4- 50
    7- 33
    8- 30
    1, 2, 9- 29
    3, 5- 27
    6- 25

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewel
    I type her as Fi-EII. 9w8 seems right, but sx/sp doesn't. So > Sx seems more like it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast