0 Thread(s)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj or INTp.

I played around a bit to get INFj and from what I can see that means I have to agree with the following.
    Understanding the most concealed emotions of other people. Skill to understand the mood of other people and to influence it. Ability to bring out the necessary emotions in yourself and other people. Bright emotionalism. Skill to create around yourself joyful and holiday/celebratory mood. Raising the energy of the surrounding people. Talkativeness. Tendency to avoid negative emotions. Jovial merry person. Wealth of sincere experiences and feelings. Romanticism, passion. Bright and strong emotionalism. Cheerfulness.
    Me thinks that this Fe description is more accurate for betas. While I do understand people's emotions and know pretty well how to handle them, I'm not as good as them at putting my own feelings aside and I would never avoid any emotions.
    INFj

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    ENTj or INTp.

I played around a bit to get INFj and from what I can see that means I have to agree with the following.
    Understanding the most concealed emotions of other people. Skill to understand the mood of other people and to influence it. Ability to bring out the necessary emotions in yourself and other people. Bright emotionalism. Skill to create around yourself joyful and holiday/celebratory mood. Raising the energy of the surrounding people. Talkativeness. Tendency to avoid negative emotions. Jovial merry person. Wealth of sincere experiences and feelings. Romanticism, passion. Bright and strong emotionalism. Cheerfulness.
    Me thinks that this Fe description is more accurate for betas. While I do understand people's emotions and know pretty well how to handle them, I'm not as good as them at putting my own feelings aside and I would never avoid any emotions.
    Um, that IS the Fe description..

INFj uses Fi

or am i misunderstanding what you are talking about?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got entp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    Um, that IS the Fe description..

INFj uses Fi

or am i misunderstanding what you are talking about?
    Yes, yes and well... I proably did some creative reading on the second question which made it easy to discard the Fe option. Nevermind.
    INFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, I consistently come out INTj in your test, and probably always will with these definitions, or that is the particular brand of Socionics which most of your posts are based on....recognizing that there are several schools of Socionics definitions.

The premise seems to make sense: it should be harder to chose between two functions if they're not in your "ego block."

However, problems with wording or definitions can also make questions hard to answer.

Many people think I'm an INTp, which seems to make sense to me, but not according to the definitions of Ni and Te you have here. See my thread today on a new, alternative definition of Ni http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4839.

In the framework that I propose in that thread, I'd be an INTp, but that definition of Ni is completely different from yours and much closer to what you'd consider to be Ne.

It's interesting to compare your approach with Sergei Ganin's (www.socionics.com). He wrote an article that said to decide between INTp and INTj, if you're more undecided about T vs. F, you're probably an INTp; and if you're more undecided about N vs. S, you're probably INTj. But yours has an interesting twist, where being undecided about, say, Te vs. Fe would make you an INTj. In theory, INTp intuitive subtypes would then all come out INTj.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally I got ENTj, but I played around with the questions and I think the INTj one is generally reasonable, and understandble in terms of why questions went the way they did. ISTj once
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    As always, I consistently come out INTj in your test, and probably always will with these definitions, or that is the particular brand of Socionics which most of your posts are based on....recognizing that there are several schools of Socionics definitions.

The premise seems to make sense: it should be harder to chose between two functions if they're not in your "ego block."

However, problems with wording or definitions can also make questions hard to answer.

Many people think I'm an INTp, which seems to make sense to me, but not according to the definitions of Ni and Te you have here. See my thread today on a new, alternative definition of Ni http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4839.

In the framework that I propose in that thread, I'd be an INTp, but that definition of Ni is completely different from yours and much closer to what you'd consider to be Ne.

It's interesting to compare your approach with Sergei Ganin's (www.socionics.com). He wrote an article that said to decide between INTp and INTj, if you're more undecided about T vs. F, you're probably an INTp; and if you're more undecided about N vs. S, you're probably INTj. But yours has an interesting twist, where being undecided about, say, Te vs. Fe would make you an INTj. In theory, INTp intuitive subtypes would then all come out INTj.
    I come out INTj on this test too, Jonathan, because I find the distinction between Ni and Si the most difficult to answer. Everything else is obvious: my Ti and Te are much better than my Fi and Fe, and my Ne is better than my Se (to a lesser extent). It is much harder to conceptualize Ni and Si in terms of my own behavior.

Are you having the exact same problem I'm having?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.
    NiTe | Socionix

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Delta NF - I chose both for the last question cause I am sort of balanced between the two.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've gotten consistantly INFj on these tests
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I've gotten consistantly INFj on these tests
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like this sort of test but i think the descriptions need some work.

based on the questions i had real difficulty answering, i could see myself testing as INTj, INTp, or ENTj. the first time i took it i got INTp, however.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my answer for the first question, got a different Mirror-differentiation question for the second page, and finally got INFp. For me, though, the Ni description is problematic. And will INFps tend to choose Ti when you pit it against Fi? Most, like me, delude themselves into thinking their Fe is basically equivalent to Fi. "Strong confident logic" is pretty sensitive phrase that for some reason made my Te-PoLR seem exposed. Although, it's probably just my own personal insecurities atm.

I'd like to see how someone who knows nothing about Socionics fares on this...
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj.

I think it's very good, in fact, I don't think I'd have answered any differently if it had been my first contact with socionics.

I particularly like how I can answer either way in D ( or is the most difficult for me) but still get ENTj with the mirror question.

EDIT: I must say, though, that this may not be true for everyone since I can't imagine ever choosing a F option over a T one, or a Si over Ni, no matter how badly written.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I changed my answer for the first question, got a different Mirror-differentiation question for the second page, and finally got INFp. For me, though, the Ni description is problematic. And will INFps tend to choose Ti when you pit it against Fi? Most, like me, delude themselves into thinking their Fe is basically equivalent to Fi. "Strong confident logic" is pretty sensitive phrase that for some reason made my Te-PoLR seem exposed. Although, it's probably just my own personal insecurities atm.

I'd like to see how someone who knows nothing about Socionics fares on this...
    Are you an ethical subtype INFp? And did you pick the Si vs. Ni question as the most difficult question the first time around?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Are you an ethical subtype INFp? And did you pick the Si vs. Ni question as the most difficult question the first time around?
    Unsure of the subtype, but I did choose the Ni/Si question as hardest first time around.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Agreed, even about D ^^^

Cone, when will you accept that you're ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    Took me about 15 seconds to complete and I got ENTj. Good work on this Hugo - you're one of the few people here that actually understand the functions in a realistic way and I think your test accurrately assesses on that basis.
    That is besides the fact that the test's questions were really all initially copied from a russian bablefish translation, which really isn't that impressive except for maybe the way that the tests is organized diffrently each time. Also, it is easily manipulatable to whatever type a person chooses; which isn't bad, except that matching self-perception by result doesn't necessarily mean accuracy even though the test taker thinks it is accurate. That is also why other tests have generally differed away from this same approach.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Took me about 15 seconds to complete and I got ENTj. Good work on this Hugo - you're one of the few people here that actually understand the functions in a realistic way and I think your test accurrately assesses on that basis.
    That is besides the fact that the test's questions were really all initially copied from a russian bablefish translation, which really isn't that impressive except for maybe the way that the tests is organized diffrently each time. Also, it is easily manipulatable to whatever type a person chooses; which isn't bad, except that matching self-perception by result doesn't necessarily mean accuracy even though the test taker thinks it is accurate. That is also why other tests have generally differed away from this same approach.
    For the record, the first time I ever took Hugo's test, I have never read these descriptions. Admittedly, I tested ENTp at first, which appeared to be erroneous because upon a later retest I scored INTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't get mad because Hugo wrote a better test than you mcnew. Is this why you're so batshit crazy lately? Lol.
    Dollars to pesos I knew that was coming, but its alright because I understand that people are under the false impression that tests that can be easily manipulated are more accurate than those that try to derive a type without being easily manipulated.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Don't get mad because Hugo wrote a better test than you mcnew. Is this why you're so batshit crazy lately? Lol.
    Dollars to pesos I knew that was coming, but its alright because I understand that people are under the false impression that tests that can be easily manipulated are more accurate than those that try to derive a type without being easily manipulated.
    Man, I was just about to say in the chat, "I bet when McNew sees this he's gonna flip out and whine and go 'THAT'S ONLY HAPPENING BECAUSE HE MADE IT EASY TO MANIPULATE!!!!'"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I guess it'd be better for them to be under the impression that tests which consistently give false and meaninglessly confusing nonsense results (look no further than your latest creation lol) are somehow better. Okay, right.
    I didn't say that, either ...

Haha, I still get INFp.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    Haha, I still get INFp.
    This is a problem that will have to be explained using magic.

OOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOooOooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Fuehrer
    OOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOooOooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo
    effort

bwahahahahahahahahahahah 0wn3d

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your proposed type is:

INTj

i might as well go straight back to INTj.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter and I answered the test questions together for me. We agreed on all answers. At the end, I said A was the hardest to answer, and he said C. With A I'm an ENTj, with C I'm ESFp.

Results are inconclusive.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"That is besides the fact that the test's questions were really all initially copied from a russian bablefish translation, which really isn't that impressive except for maybe the way that the tests is organized diffrently each time. Also, it is easily manipulatable to whatever type a person chooses; which isn't bad, except that matching self-perception by result doesn't necessarily mean accuracy even though the test taker thinks it is accurate. That is also why other tests have generally differed away from this same approach."

Actually, I did NOT expect my result correctly. In order for this statement to not appear inductive, I suppose I should say that, since I could not "read into" the test, it was not possible for me to manipulate it, which then leads me to conclude that, as I believe I'm OK at reading into and deriving the means by which such conclusions are concocted, it is not "easily manipulated."
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Your five senses perceive the physical world in all its rich sensations. Sensitive to everything that is physical. Perfect functioning of your five senses. An excellent understanding of the beauty of the world. You withdraw from inconvenience and discomfort. Ability to find the most comfortable place in the surrounding space. Understand the physical needs of people. Pragmatism, aesthetics, using minimum of effort, the skill to find convenience in everything. Rich sensations of the physical world. Strong sensory perception. High physical sensitivity. Perfect working of your five senses. Desire and skill to surround yourself and people with cosiness and comfort. Constant ability to receive the beauty of the world. Developed taste, esthetical value, tendency toward sensory pleasures."

that is so not me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast