Thread: 16 Types: Ego Functions

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 16 Types: Ego Functions

(I am reposting this info here, in Delta, because I didn't want it to get lost in the "General" shuffle.)

Alpha:

ENTp:
    Perceives information about objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities
    By processing objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies.

INTj:
    Relates to objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies
    By processing objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities.

ESFj:
    Perceives information about objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    By processing objects' physical experiences and sensations.

ISFp:
    Relates to objects' physical experiences and sensations
    By processing objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    ---

Beta:

ESTp:
    Perceives information about objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position
    By processing objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies.

ISTj:
    Relates to objects' quantifiable properties, correlations/proportions, rules, and hierarchies
    By processing objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position.

ENFj:
    Perceives information about objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness
    By processing objects' timing and patterns of processes.

INFp:
    Relates to objects' timing and patterns of processes
    By processing objects' internal processes/changes and excitation/subduedness.
    ---

Gamma:

ESFp:
    Perceives information about objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position
    By processing objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy.

ISFj:
    Relates to objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy
    By processing objects' traits, form, shape, appearance, and position.

ENTj:
    Perceives information about objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events
    By processing objects' timing and patterns of processes.

INTp:
    Relates to objects' timing and patterns of processes
    By processing objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events.
    ---

Delta:

ENFp:
    Perceives information about objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities
    By processing objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy.

INFj:
    Relates to objects' attraction/repulsion, like/dislike, need/antipathy
    By processing objects' inner content, structure, underlying phenomena, and inherent possibilities.

ESTj:
    Perceives information about objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events
    By processing objects' physical experiences and sensations.

ISTp:
    Relates to objects' physical experiences and sensations
    By processing objects' data structure and the what/how/where of behaviors and events.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a really good way to render motivation and thought patterns (in their interrelatedness) in just two sentences
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good way to explain mirror relationships.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    Good way to explain mirror relationships.
    Part of me was/is a little worried that some people will be confused on the mirror relation. But, I think the differences are enough that one can narrow it down to at least 2 similar possibles.

I actually found myself relating to the ENFp foremost..and the ISTp secondly. Like...the ISTp part supports my ENFp-ishness.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe yes i was confused on the mirror descriptions. But i think might just be me.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    hehe yes i was confused on the mirror descriptions. But i think might just be me.
    One way that I, personally, view it, is the info we process are like the puzzle pieces we pick up and maneuver around until we see how it all connects, giving us the "big picture".
    So like...
    F1 = the big picture/vision we want, and
    F2 = the puzzle pieces we use to get it
    (unfortunately, this is also a "Te" way of looking at it)

Another way of differentiating is to notice which types of info you actively seek out. F2 feels more active than F1. For example, in my case, one of the things that is very easy to notice about me in personal conversations is that I'm constantly asking questions like "what do you think? is that what you want? how does that make you feel?" (I also ask complimenting questions like "how long? how did it start? what did you do then?". (note, the first is Fi, the second is Te, Te/Fi are compliments..which I'm working on covering in another post)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp