User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 75 of 75

Thread: Hello

  1. #41
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Well in that case you might be ok as long as it's the only app you have like that, just depends on what else the app is doing.

    What phone? GS3?
    It is a droid X I believe. And yeah I don't generally download any apps at all ever so this should be the sole tax on my phone's resources.
    Easy Day

  2. #42
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,695
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    It is a droid X I believe. And yeah I don't generally download any apps at all ever so this should be the sole tax on my phone's resources.
    Then you are the perfect control subject to see if it's got any malware
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  3. #43
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Then you are the perfect control subject to see if it's got any malware
    For reals! Lets fucking see what is up with this app! So far nothing malicious has happened.
    Easy Day

  4. #44
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EDIT: Wrong thread. Ignore this post
    Easy Day

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you another fake account? Just checking.

  6. #46
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,695
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    For reals! Lets fucking see what is up with this app! So far nothing malicious has happened.
    Yeah, I mean I doubt there is actual virus/malware attached to it. It's just that these kinds of apps are the source of problems for a lot of people, and I hate the whole idea of people making money by doing nothing but putting out a pretty fishhook for others' information.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  7. #47
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Yeah, I mean I doubt there is actual virus/malware attached to it. It's just that these kinds of apps are the source of problems for a lot of people, and I hate the whole idea of people making money by doing nothing but putting out a pretty fishhook for others' information.
    Word, that is incredibly noble of you. For the sake of us, by that I mean western socionists (basically the people on this site) I will subject my phone to this torture and report on how worthwhile the experience was.
    Easy Day

  8. #48
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok. So far this app is certainly doing a thing advertisement wise. Gilly was correct about that. The tests in the app however, and there are multiple, seem to be taken directly from modern (Russian) socionics theorists. Malware wise it's like giving me notifications that are just ads and not actual notifications. If you love some people like Gulenko (or the other 3 tests are based on Vorobyov, Tolstikova, and Meged/Ovcharov), which I don't, this app has some stuff you might be interested in. Haven't leafed through the type descriptions yet.

    EDIT: I may have used the term malware incorrectly, I think adware might be more appropriate.
    Easy Day

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't test it, yet, but some apps, are treated as malware even though they're not by your anti virus. Personally I do not use one, never did, and never have had major problems.

  10. #50
    nickelslick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1
    Last edited by nickelslick; 11-17-2012 at 06:22 PM.

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fake account is fake account.

  12. #52
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Fake account is fake account.
    Well like, We'll see? This person is certainly responsive via PM so they could be legit.
    Easy Day

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well like, We'll see? This person is certainly responsive via PM so they could be legit.
    I have been as well, so sorry for premature ejaculation there, besides, I'm going to have to run it on me first. Did you find it okay?

  14. #54
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I have been as well, so sorry for premature ejaculation there, besides, I'm going to have to run it on me first. Did you find it okay?
    Sure, sure. We all get excited sometimes.
    Easy Day

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Sure, sure. We all get excited sometimes.
    It sure answered my question. Try korpsey quadra.

  16. #56
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    It sure answered my question. Try korpsey quadra.
    Well, like, I hate that guy but theoretically I try it everyday. Like he's intelligent but so damn rude.
    Easy Day

  17. #57
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well, like, I hate that guy but theoretically I try it everyday. Like he's intelligent but so damn rude.
    Better than being dumb and rude.

  18. #58
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,313
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Better than peeing rum on dudes. But that's about it.

  19. #59
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FZR View Post
    Look, I'm not forcing everybody to download this app if you don't want to install then don't you're free to do whatever you like and you know that, so why won't we just stop the arguing here and everything will be fine Thanks
    I'm curious why it carries this Airpush baggage at all.

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What polikujm is trying to say even though I don't know what that is, is that you have the unique power to dip your tongue in gamma now, JWC3, and ride the lightning of rudeness, transforming you into best gamma ever. But it comes with a price of losing non-gamma people at the expense of such undertaking.

    Mark my words, JWC3, mark them well(?), take it from somebody nice like me.

  21. #61
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Better than peeing rum on dudes. But that's about it.
    I will trust your testimony as an expert in such things.

  22. #62
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,313
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought I heard an echo. No, that's just k0rpsy recycling his brain cell again.

  23. #63
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Better than being dumb and rude.
    Well, not really. Not from my perspective anyway. I'd much rather be idiotic and well liked by my friends than intelligent but generally hated. That's just my perspective though, I could be wrong.
    Easy Day

  24. #64
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well, not really. Not from my perspective anyway. I'd much rather be idiotic and well liked by my friends than intelligent but generally hated. That's just my perspective though, I could be wrong.
    Far be it from me to rob you of what consolations idiocy provides. Now enumerate a list of these general haters and I'll show you a bunch who not only take me too seriously, but also and most especially themselves.

  25. #65
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Far be it from me to rob you of what consolations idiocy provides. Now enumerate a list of these general haters and I'll show you a bunch who not only take me too seriously, but also and most especially themselves.
    Well first and foremost, and most obviously; me. I believe the general consensus is that you are too intimidating to really generally discuss or engage so I can not provide you a list. I do believe there exists a world with such a list, but it is unknown to me.
    Easy Day

  26. #66
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Well first and foremost, and most obviously; me. I believe the general consensus is that you are too intimidating to really generally discuss or engage so I can not provide you a list. I do believe there exists a world with such a list, but it is unknown to me.
    Start another thread if you need to bark at me in public instead of wrecking this one.

  27. #67
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Start another thread if you need to bark at me in public instead of wrecking this one.
    Nah, this is just an introduction thread. Shits alright still. I don't need to bark at you. It really wont do any good so I'll just be quiet.
    Easy Day

  28. #68
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Nah, this is just an introduction thread. Shits alright still. I don't need to bark at you. It really wont do any good so I'll just be quiet.
    Sees no point, acts anyhow. Zen? Tao? Spasm? I can't tell. How about you?

    You know, since you initiated a few amicable PM conversations with me in the past I've subsequently been reluctant to make much sport of your doofusry. Here's what's funny though: while the bullseye you've painted on yourself with this declaration of hostility has enfranchised me to fire at will, you don't even present yourself as a worthwhile target. *shrug*

  29. #69
    The Soul Happy-er JWC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,801
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Sees no point, acts anyhow. Zen? Tao? Spasm? I can't tell. How about you?

    You know, since you initiated a few amicable PM conversations with me in the past I've subsequently been reluctant to make much sport of your doofusry. Here's what's funny though: while the bullseye you've painted on yourself with this declaration of hostility has enfranchised me to fire at will, you don't even present yourself as a worthwhile target. *shrug*
    *chuckles* You don't even want to come at me bro. That is fairly insulting; well said.
    Easy Day

  30. #70

  31. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    17,948
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Exactly, grow a flower on your head, and not a mug on your face, FZR. I'm with korpsey here!
    Last edited by Absurd; 11-16-2012 at 06:35 PM.

  32. #72
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,382
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Better than being dumb and rude.
    Depends on the type of rude. Dumb and kind and dumb and good are far superior to smart and unkind or smart and evil.
    But I take you for smart and curmudgeon.

  33. #73
    Korpsy Knievel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,231
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Depends on the type of rude. Dumb and kind and dumb and good are far superior to smart and unkind or smart and evil.
    But I take you for smart and curmudgeon.
    Don't address me. Thanks.

  34. #74
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,382
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    k0rpsy!

  35. #75
    ILE - ENTp 1981slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Spain
    TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Posts
    4,871
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hola
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

    To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •