Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps and sleep patterns

I am an ENTP. I am VERY touchy about my sleep. I don't tolerate being awakened for ANY reason in the morning before I am ready to get up (which is usually after about 9-10 hours). If I know that the following day I will have to get up early for something, like work or school, I will actually get scared. I'm not sure why this is, but I notice that when I am in bed my "child" self seems to come out, and all my repressed thoughts and feelings come out while I am lying comfortably in my sheets, and I guess having to get up early is like the world forcing my out of my safe place to deal with its bullshit. Also, I will not go to bed early under any circumstances; only when I am ready and tired.

Does anyone else, ENTP or otherwise, experience this sort of weird emotional vulnerability in their life, having to do with sleep or otherwise? I am considering going to a clinical psychologist to talk about this problem.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ENTPs and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    I am an ENTP. I am VERY touchy about my sleep. I don't tolerate being awakened for ANY reason in the morning before I am ready to get up (which is usually after about 9-10 hours). If I know that the following day I will have to get up early for something, like work or school, I will actually get scared. I'm not sure why this is, but I notice that when I am in bed my "child" self seems to come out, and all my repressed thoughts and feelings come out while I am lying comfortably in my sheets, and I guess having to get up early is like the world forcing my out of my safe place to deal with its bullshit. Also, I will not go to bed early under any circumstances; only when I am ready and tired.

Does anyone else, ENTP or otherwise, experience this sort of weird emotional vulnerability in their life, having to do with sleep or otherwise? I am considering going to a clinical psychologist to talk about this problem.
    I underlined everything that applies to me; according to the socionics definition I am more ENTP than anything else, so judging from the exact similarity it is probably a related personality type problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big time sleeper and night owl. I pretty much stay up until 2am or possibly sometimes 4am.

One night I'll be up until 4am, sleeping until 12pm, the next night its 6am, sleeping till 2pm. I usually need something to get out of bed for. Otherwise Im up all night and sleep all day. I love sleeping, but avoid going to bed a night... I love being up early, but hate actually waking up. Quite irrational, I know, but ah! i love the toasty warm covers in the morning!

I really enjoy dreams too, like they are just too awesome to let go of.

I wouldn't say it has so many emotional implications for me. It is a very bad habit though- one I often overlook but now that I think of it it's pretty bad. I sleep my days away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I am a night owl too ... in fact, all of my life ... I've stayed up till 4am all this week.

I guess ENTPs are more alike than we first thought ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be a night person when I was younger. And sleep a lot more than I do now, say 9-10 hours.

Now I can't really sleep that well. I sleep very lightly and only about 6 hours. I don't dream that much. I do get scared if there's something hanging over my day the next day. I'm up early and get my best work done early in the day.

Have some kids . . . they'll change your sleep forever!!
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a good sleeper! I do have that child-like state of thought after lying in bed about ten minutes or so. I usually think about what troubles me and that is part of the reason why I do not sleep well. I almost always get up earily. I think it has something to do with the feeling of falling behind on something and the need to finish it quickly.