View Poll Results: what type is Grimes (Claire Boucher)?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 10.71%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 3.57%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 3.57%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

5 17.86%
  • EIE (ENFj)

3 10.71%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

6 21.43%
  • IEE (ENFp)

10 35.71%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 3.57%
  • EII (INFj)

1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grimes (Claire Boucher) - musician

Default Grimes (Claire Boucher) - musician

^

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ISFj I would guess, there is that same "repetitious understated development" in music again... with instincts likely sp/so

edit: ESI-Se sp/so 6w7

Last edited by silke; 05-11-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's adorable!

i could see Se-ISFj, or something. IXFx at the very least.

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow G.R.I.M.E.S.

ENFp!
    Grimes.
    Your guess>?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-ISFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-IEI. Self-described introvert--- http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=J0LVTbltWLI

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

self indulgent with little musical talent.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI. Probably E4.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    ESI. Probably E4.
    Aha!

I don't know if she is ISFj or your dual but watching that interview bit i did think a girl like that would be a good match for you Ash.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ISFj? She seems very intuitive to me...She seems to have a hard time explaining herself or what she's attempting to do, using vague language at best, describes trends constantly in interviews, etc. she also clearly has a bent towards ethics and appears more perceiving than judging....just my opinion. Though I very much agree she is e4

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep she's definitely ESI. I always feel super wierd seeing ESIs. self-conscious or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooey View Post
    Why ISFj? She seems very intuitive to me...She seems to have a hard time explaining herself or what she's attempting to do, using vague language at best, describes trends constantly in interviews, etc. she also clearly has a bent towards ethics and appears more perceiving than judging....just my opinion. Though I very much agree she is e4
    Difficulty explaining one's self is pretty standard for IXFx types in general IME.

She has a lot more of a physical awareness/presence than I get from IEIs—watch where her eyes pan, and you can see she's more attentive to what's directly in front of her; she doesn't look upwards a great deal, nor as if peering towards some faraway horizon like people tend to do when they're mentally visualizing something (you'll see Ni types do this a lot). She also narrates a great deal primarily from direct experience—i.e., "i saw this, felt that, these events happened and it was like…"—rather than articulating her experiences in a more detachedly abstract sense (which is more common among Ni egos).

Couple other relevant videos:

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GemOfTroy View Post
    Aha!

I don't know if she is ISFj or your dual but watching that interview bit i did think a girl like that would be a good match for you Ash.

TOTALLY!!! @Ashton

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know but I don't think she is IEI or ESI. maybe some Fe polr type, Delta, SLI? I see Logical rather than Ethical - I watched at least 5 interviews and she focuses almost exclusively on talking about her work & her methods, without much sentimentality expressed. in one interview she says she cares more about music production than on building an image (probably points away from IEI.) her laughs and smiles often seem superficial, awkward, uncertain: born of nervousness rather than a true expression of emotion (weak Ethics). I wouldn't be surprised if she is usually unaware of the expression on her face, or of how she comes across to people.

also she says she only showers 1-5 times a week because she believes it's "unhealthy" for people to be "too clean". idk but it's easy for me to see a individualistic SLI saying something like that.

anyway, another interview:

http://www.youtube.com/v/MRBZMRchOZ8&hl=en_US&start=340

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her level of natural affect is too high for Fe PoLR.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I think she's definitely F>T. That said, I still don't think she's isfj. She just comes across as more intuitive than sensing to me. Just my 2 cents.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gooey View Post
    I agree. I think she's definitely F>T. That said, I still don't think she's isfj. She just comes across as more intuitive than sensing to me. Just my 2 cents.
    She lacks the abstract detachment of Ni types (lexically and perceptually).

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my impression is that she's sort of awkward and not really that natural at expressing herself (doing it indirectly through her music), despite being an unapologetically authentic person, if that makes sense.

another thing: I find it hard to see Grimes as Static/Ij temperament. looking at her song lyrics, she seems Dynamic, describing reality in terms of the evolution of events, changing circumstances, etc.

examples:
    http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/vi...22107858866197
    http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/vi...22107858887768

Statics (IJ and EP): Statics view reality as sets of episodes, scenes, pictures. The consciousness of a Static type is oriented towards perceiving these separate, individual states, and not as continuous flows of changes.

Dynamics (IP and EJ): For Dynamic types, events are viewed as a continuous sequence, which is not fragmented into separate episodes. The consciousness of a Dynamic type is oriented towards perceiving continuous flows of changes as opposed to discrete states.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/106
    the Dynamic description fits her much better, imo

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILI might work too

Irrationality, Dynamics, and Logic stand out to me. I don't see how ESI fits at all; if she is ESI it is not an obvious typing.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IXI, accepting-subtype/inert-subtype

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

finally got her album visions. i think she's overhyped. skin is an alright song.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i downloaded a few songs.... She kinda sucks

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    when i first looked her up ,she seemed genuine and refreshing but the more i get to know about her,the more she gives off a combination of raunchyness, scumbagness and therefore sick coyness

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/tag/grimes
    Deym, that site kinda ruined it for me. Lol @ drunken sucking on tits in public.

also is that her w/ the potleaf trampstamp on asscheek, or someone else?

my duals are skanks.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hello Grimes, please never sit on my couch.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL someone left a comment that said, "She looks like Helga from Hey Arnold. Nuff said" SHE DOES. i wanna wax those brows of her so badly.
    she grosses me out- she could be so cute but she seems to want to go in the opposite direction. mission accomplished.

your duals are skanks. we iz.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

she's so gross that it sort of crosses a line into cute. like a kid with a runny nose playing in the dirt. and you wanna scruff their head and give them a cookie.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also want to add a few lines from the link posted that made me lol : " Her music sounds like a baby voice goo goo gaa gaa-ing over some bleep bloop music."

"Sorta tried to stream her album to see if there was anything worth 'writing home about', but it is the standard conceptual bleep bloop band with only one or two 'half decent' songs that aren't even THAT listenable, but I would probably put them on a mix CD for some girl who wanted to 'feel artsy', like she was listening to 'the new Bjork',"

"She is potentially 'completely insane', ready 2 meltdown. It seems like 'being a buzzband' is the most 'normal, stabilizing thing she could have done with her life. She apparently tried to float down the Mississippi River like a trust crusty homeless person. While many blogspots would say 'that's totally kewl', I feel like we've all had that one crusty friend in HS/college who 'went too far', and you feel like it is only a matter of time b4 they end up dead from trying to trainhop/eating food out of a dumpster one last time."

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    she's so gross that it sort of crosses a line into cute. like a kid with a runny nose playing in the dirt. and you wanna scruff their head and give them a cookie.
    eccentricity can be cute if it's authentic. but not so much if she's just a spoiled trust-crusty kid being weird & dirty cuz she's rich enough to indulge the luxury of fucking around playing pretend @ life. i don't know if she actually is that or not, maybe i'll find out later

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    "She is potentially 'completely insane', ready 2 meltdown. It seems like 'being a buzzband' is the most 'normal, stabilizing thing she could have done with her life. She apparently tried to float down the Mississippi River like a trust crusty homeless person. While many blogspots would say 'that's totally kewl', I feel like we've all had that one crusty friend in HS/college who 'went too far', and you feel like it is only a matter of time b4 they end up dead from trying to trainhop/eating food out of a dumpster one last time."
    hahahaha

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT DOES CRUSTY mean? The word itself reminds me of scabs and i want to gag.

You'll find out later?:laugh:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    hello Grimes, please never sit on my couch.
    How does your couch look like?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I also want to add a few lines from the link posted that made me lol : " Her music sounds like a baby voice goo goo gaa gaa-ing over some bleep bloop music."

"Sorta tried to stream her album to see if there was anything worth 'writing home about', but it is the standard conceptual bleep bloop band with only one or two 'half decent' songs that aren't even THAT listenable, but I would probably put them on a mix CD for some girl who wanted to 'feel artsy', like she was listening to 'the new Bjork',"

HIPSTER RUNOFF
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    How does your couch look like?
    a plain but comfortable brown couch that I wouldn't want smelling like 5-day unwashed vag.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a plain but comfortable brown couch that I wouldn't want smelling like 5-day unwashed vag.
    Only 5 days? Try 5 months.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be surprised if she is usually unaware of the expression on her face, or of how she comes across to people.
    And as an Fe type I'm sure that's what ethics are to you.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    And as an Fe type I'm sure that's what ethics are to you.
    oh no, you've exposed me!

allow me to return the favor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT DOES CRUSTY mean? The word itself reminds me of scabs and i want to gag.
    The term 'crusties' is also a slang term used in body piercing for the dried, crusty leakage from a new piercing.[5] In the Bath, Somerset and Bristol areas of England a crusty is a derogatory term for any homeless person. The term crusty to mean surly or lazy dates back to at least the mid eighteenth century in Somerset.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusties

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast