View Poll Results: what type is Grimes (Claire Boucher)?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    2 8.70%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    1 4.35%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

    1 4.35%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    3 13.04%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    1 4.35%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

    0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    5 21.74%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    8 34.78%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    1 4.35%
  • EII (INFj)

    1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 121 to 150 of 150

Thread: Grimes (Claire Boucher) - musician

  1. #121
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,378
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    oh you mean like this one: I think you’re failing to realize the part where she is simply playing a role

    you know who likes to play a role? Fe valuing types. you know who cares about authenticity? Fi valuing types. didn't you doubt your own type a few months ago, just like hag? it seems clear to me that you don't have a huge understanding of functions, so it's personally really hard to take your arguments seriously.



    of course, but it doesn't even remotely make sense for grimes. you should listen to EII artists like Talk Talk, John Fahey, Leonard Cohen, The National, Arcade Fire, Hope Sandoval to get an idea of EII music. it's much more quiet.
    lol

    I possess traits of two types that I was uncertain of because of the stereotypes and misconceptions that they both carry... I don’t see how this negates my typing skills, especially when it’s much easier for an Exxx type to perceive and judge people outside of themselves rather than their own self. I could say a thing or two about your own typing skills considering that you are using superficial stereotypes to back up what little you’re saying.

    Playing a role does not make someone inherently inauthentic. Playing a role is at (haha) the heart of the enneagram heart types, no matter if they’re Fe or Fi valuing. Yes, 4s, too. So far in her career, she’s been playing a quirky manic pixie girl eschewing her own manic pixie dream girl qualities by having heavy statements to make using the -mostly- accessible quirky image. It is both a role in that I get the feeling that she plays this part up more than what is naturally there, but it is still a natural part of her. You can play a role in society AND be authentic at the same time, and in fact I think Fi types are the best at doing BOTH. (I agree that Fe is more inclined to play a role that has no real substance behind it, but Fe CAN be very authentic and Fi CAN be fake. Typology is a much more complex art form than you seem to be able to grasp, but I wouldn’t expect a logical type to truly understand it anyways. ) You are going off so many watered down MBTI borrowed stereotypes that it’s utterly ridiculous.

    I can think of hundreds of Fi valuing artists, especially enneagram 3 ones, who are playing up a role that is still tied in to their authentic self. Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, Miley Cyrus, Christina Aguilera, Elvis Presley, Megan Thee Stallion, DaBaby, the list goes on (I’m using easily recognizable SEE -mostly- e3s as examples to further my point.). A true artist will find a way to express their thoughts/feelings (even if it’s not coming directly from their own music), AND make it accessible/personable to OTHER people (this is where the image and aesthetic come into play.) That, and Fe is absolutely not the only function to embody another point of view in music and just in general. I would say Fe and Ne have the most strength in those areas because they represent themes of humanity on a grander scale and ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINTS (the latter is especially Ne- to swerve into seemingly opposite thoughts or behaviors for the sake of experimentation and guess what— Grimes herself has said those darker songs you referenced are merely an experiment to see where it goes.).

    Those trendy artists I mentioned? All of them were playing up an image but were authentic at the same time. Especially Nicki Minaj who has actual personas with their own names (Roman Zolanski, Chun Li, etc.) that she’s created, but she clearly has no issue expressing her personal sentiments. Guess what, the music industry runs on artists having to carefully craft and cultivate their image and aesthetic but that doesn’t detract from their own authenticity— and artists tend to mostly be heart types in the enneagram because heart types eat that shit up.

    If she’s not EII-Ne, I would peg her as IEE-Ne. Ne is so hard to miss in her that it has to be her subtype regardless. It’s clear she’s NF, and it’s clear she values Ne end of story.

    Now please try to come back at me with a well thought argument that isn’t based on outdated function stereotypes because everyone is more complex than a simple set of functions. My apologies if this seemed to come off as a rant or seemed angry which it probably does when I’m not fully (though maybe very slightly ) intending it to be. That is my weak, but valued Se at work if we are going to run typology through stereotypes.

    p.s. I see plenty of similarity between Arcade Fire and Grimes with both putting out NF themes, but I actually see Arcade Fire as being more focused on ONE theme and sticking to it (Neon Bible?), so I believe AF is actually more Ni than Grimes in that respect. It would be more useful to compare Grimes to other artists in her direct sub genre.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  2. #122
    Hacked by QAnon CrocMeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    Ip 64x sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The kind of girl you match with on Tinder because you both like creative stuff but really she's too cool for you because deep inside you are actually a dork even though everyone thinks you're cool

  3. #123
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    4,270
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She seems LII to me.

  4. #124

  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    She seems LII to me.
    you know what I fear more than anything else? pain and physical damage to my body. you know why? because I have Se as vulnerable function. it's called Force for a reason. I've never even remotely thought about getting a tattoo for this reason, and I'm often worried about physical threats.



    is Grimes really your idea of a type with Se as vulnerable function?

  6. #126
    a two horned unicorn renegade CoViD Spurdo 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,560
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I might go even with LSI.

    This is the kind of person you need to see face face in order to type.
    I have met effin externally float looking LSI (Ni mobilized) females before and she might also be one. The best giveaway for them is their innate need to be active and silent.

    Looking at her interview I think Ni base is off limits as is Se vulnerable.



    mb somewhere near SEE'ish?
    Last edited by CoViD Spurdo 007; 02-20-2020 at 05:25 PM.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  7. #127

    Default

    SEE and LSI? these typings are getting more and more ridiculous . she is not a sensing type. she openly mentioned that she struggles with the pragmatic aspects of her pregnancy, sharing many of her emotions on twitter. she even created an instagram profile for her unborn baby, making me wonder if she treats her child as some kind of art project.

    https://www.instagram.com/warnymph/

    she worries a lot about the future, it's the major focus of her art. here's a desciption of her new album:

    Miss Anthropocene is a concept album that revolves around the titular character, an anthropomorphic goddess of climate-change. Musically, the record is darker and not as upbeat as Grimes' previous albums. The villainous character, Miss Anthropocene, is a psychedelic space-dwelling demon or beauty queen who “relishes the end of the world”, and is composed of ivory and oil. The characters on the album were inspired by Grime’s fascination with Roman and Greek mythology.
    I love Godly personifications of abstract/horrific concepts (for example, Mars as the Roman god of war) – so I wanted to update the list to include our modern issues.



    how do you all struggle to see Ni base in her is beyond me. she is such an obvious example of an IEI.

    Ni from Gulenko:

    In psychological terms, the T-state is experienced as victimity (sacrifice). This state is most religiously colored, as it is imbued with the desire to be liberated from all earthly, carnal, binding spirit. In the T state, a person is drawn to a mysterious, otherworldly, transcendental. In its immoderate manifestation, it leads to hallucinations, the emergence of various mystical visions. Another shade of experience in the intuition of time - this is subject to fate, the lack of free will, life at the behest of the higher forces.


    you can find these themes everywhere in her art. Grimes on her album Art Angels:

    The album cover shows a banshee portrayed as the planet Earth. She mentions this kind of “fairy woman” who wails before someone’s death or misfortune in the album’s 9th track, "Pin". Her dying aspect with blood tears symbolizes the planet’s struggle to find balance with our endless consumption and exploration, while her third eye stands for her enlightenment in relation to all human race, giving to her a perception beyond ordinary sight. The cover sums up the whole concept of the album, where Grimes is in a constant conversation with this spiritual figure (known as the planet Earth), showing our disruptive relationship with the place where we were all born.
    Last edited by dead account; 02-20-2020 at 06:40 PM.

  8. #128
    a two horned unicorn renegade CoViD Spurdo 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,560
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    child as an object? Isn't that Se?
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  9. #129
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She's IEE. Very cute also, the way IEE often are (they age very well and mature slowest of all types IMO). Many like to have a "tough" esthetic which some may confuse with Se. Lots of piercings and tattoos are common for IEE, it's Si-base that avoid those.

  10. #130
    Tetrisexual inaLim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Themes are not enough.

    Ne/Si ego also

    get into mythology
    gravitate to the occult
    get tattoos
    explore hard bondage, domination, sadism, & masochism; yes even Se Polr
    explore themes of force & violence.

    Grimes has experienced the powerlessness of sexual assault, gender discrimination, and media bullying. She has real-life trauma to draw on for song content.

    But that is not enough to make her Beta or IEI. Reinventing Beta/Gamma pop culture references, attempting to reclaim "girl power," celebrating power and violence in music =/= Se seeking. Experiences, opportunities, insecurities, shape which themes an artists works with. Socionics is information metabolism: How you process the themes. What you do with the themes. Who responds to your interpretation, and who doesn't, and why.

    You say her album has IEI themes

    Which tracks/lines are you calling ego block introverted intuition with extroverted feeling
    Which tracks/lines are you calling seeking Se.

    https://genius.com/albums/Grimes/Art-angels





  11. #131
    a two horned unicorn renegade CoViD Spurdo 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,560
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Ni seems bit too explicit. Bases are supposed to hide it well.

    Only avail via facial expressions (many IEI's make me internally face palm when I see it reflected )
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  12. #132
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    4,270
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dead account View Post
    you know what I fear more than anything else? pain and physical damage to my body. you know why? because I have Se as vulnerable function. it's called Force for a reason. I've never even remotely thought about getting a tattoo for this reason, and I'm often worried about physical threats.



    is Grimes really your idea of a type with Se as vulnerable function?
    She’s pretty dorky and nerdy and talks with a lisp. Kobe Bryant could’ve killed her by farting at her. She seems generally weak and alpha NT-esque, yes. Not every person of your type is going to have the same quirks that you do, so providing only yourself as an example is just that... one example of one individual, not necessarily representative of everyone of the type.

  13. #133
    You're a peach and I'm a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sb, I actually find your typing of her really interesting as I saw an interview with her once where she talked about how much she loves math and how it’s an important part of her music. I’m not saying an NF can’t share these same sentiments, but there was something very logic-based to me about her in that interview. If I find it, I will share. I like the turn toward a logic-based type for her.

  14. #134
    You're a peach and I'm a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe there is actually an NT connection between her and Elon
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 02-22-2020 at 03:05 PM.

  15. #135
    now with Corona Virus Protozoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I used to like her when she was into experimental and witch house kind of music. But she's kind of branched off and does all kinds of music now.

    It kind of freaks me out a little because back then I thought she made the music as a form of expression or something, like a lot of 4s. But I guess she isn't 4, and probably not 3 either because she's constantly reinventing her self-image and form of expression. I guess that makes her a likely 7. I'd think Elon is probably a 3 because he's more about the success and competition aspects of social status; and 3 and 7 together probably isn't a bad match, regardless of what their actual socionics types are.

    I'm probably biased because I know people think Elon is LSI or something like that and I think he's too much of an EJ and probably more practically speaking best thought of as LIE. Grimes too also seems like an extrovert; Elon said in an interview that part of why he likes her is that she she keeps busy doing her own thing. It's a little ironic because Te types seem to want to provide for their family (at least from LSEs I know), but they also seem to have a disdain for when their families don't go out and stay as busy as them about life. But maybe LIEs are a bit different. Or could Musk just be a really intelligent LSE? (with an IEE activator Grimes?)

    edit: hmm, doesn't Gulenko see Musk as a kind of controlling task-maker? Could those traits not apply to LSE or even Te as well though? (Maybe I should add to the Elon thread.)
    previously Megadoodoo

  16. #136
    user123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI

  17. #137
    You're a peach and I'm a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think she's one of those xNFp types that is hard to figure out. Like I said before, I used to feel like she was a sort of sister. She does have some darker themes, but I don't think that necessarily means Se valuing at all. I've known many Si/Ne valuers who are into those same sorts of themes. E4 influence would help that too.

  18. #138
    Heaven and Hell Samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Enneagram 7.

    Pe lead.


  19. #139
    You're a peach and I'm a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, 7 is quite possible, Pe lead as well

  20. #140

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    TIM
    ILE-Ti SO/SX 7w6
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She is the poster child for ILE-Ne, and I actually think she is 6w7 and So/Sx

    Se-things are her role
    Last edited by mightylizard; 06-03-2020 at 11:31 PM.

  21. #141
    Heaven and Hell Samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    She is the poster child for ILE-Ne, and I actually think she is 6w7 and So/Sx

    Se-things are her role
    I don't think she's defended like core 6.


  22. #142
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Italy
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,534
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEE
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  23. #143
    Praise the Si qaz00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    SLI-Te
    Posts
    157
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE-Ne

  24. #144
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, ILE-Ne might actually work and explain the relationship with Elon better. Female Ne bases VI somewhat similarly to me but she seems more Ti than Fi.

  25. #145

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    TIM
    ILE-Ti SO/SX 7w6
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I don't think she's defended like core 6.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean here? I would definitely be willing to consider other enneagrams for her.

  26. #146
    Heaven and Hell Samson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mightylizard View Post
    Could you elaborate on what you mean here? I would definitely be willing to consider other enneagrams for her.
    So, type 6 is centered around being able to defend the self in this world, which of course can take many shapes (phobic, counter phobic, everything in-between). When going through Grimes' interviews and work, I don't see much of her style reflecting that kind of attitude.

    Type 7, which I think is her main fixation, is easier to find. Lots of themes around running away from her fears (and "going" places) and losing herself in ecstasy (and party, and...) when everything else falls apart. Also, her body language does not betray much of a defended stance (which you may be able to spot in type 6).


  27. #147

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    TIM
    ILE-Ti SO/SX 7w6
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    So, type 6 is centered around being able to defend the self in this world, which of course can take many shapes (phobic, counter phobic, everything in-between). When going through Grimes' interviews and work, I don't see much of her style reflecting that kind of attitude.

    Type 7, which I think is her main fixation, is easier to find. Lots of themes around running away from her fears (and "going" places) and losing herself in ecstasy (and party, and...) when everything else falls apart. Also, her body language does not betray much of a defended stance (which you may be able to spot in type 6).
    This makes sense to me. Yes, I could definitely see her as a 7w6.

  28. #148
    You're a peach and I'm a plum thegreenfaerie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Neptune
    Posts
    2,171
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    She reminds me of an ILE I know in this video... maybe it's just mutual ADHD though, I'm not sure o.O She seems to be a woman of many sides

  29. #149

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    TIM
    INTp (Te)
    Posts
    506
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenfaerie View Post


    She reminds me of an ILE I know in this video... maybe it's just mutual ADHD though, I'm not sure o.O She seems to be a woman of many sides
    Exxp just by that.

  30. #150
    myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    379
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definitely not Se-polr. I think she is Ne-dom.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •