Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inverse Enneagram: which tritype is least like you?

Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

currently 7w6 749
    least like me would be 135

"If you are a 135, you are diligent, focused, and knowledgeable. You want to be ethical, efficient, and wise. Highly rational, you seek systems and procedures. Detail-oriented, you like mathematical concepts and finding ways to breakdown and understand complex material. You are very precise and good with exacting details that others find difficult to manage."

Heh yeah, def not me. I'm prolly not a LII... Lol

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say 268.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 > 8 > 1
    5 > 7 > 6
    4 > 3 > 2

I guess 162.

https://www.personalitycafe.com/thre.../topics/164688
    162 - The Traditionalist. Devoted friendship based on loyalty, trust and integrity. Rules and traditions are important. 1w2, SO, SP.

lol, nope, definitely doesn't sound like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

137 (I’m 946) I’ve met 2 people of this type and didn’t really like them. One was a dual, the other was an ESE.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 8w9 Sx/Sp, and probably 854/845. I used to think 853/835.

My opposite would probably be Sx last (361) "The Taskmaster"

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opposite tritype would be 927 so/sx.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3<2<4
    7<5<6
    9<1<8

That makes it 3-7-9 sx/sp

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

X68 are the least relateable to me. But I find them amusing and entertaining from afar.

Technically, my opposite would be 127 SO/SP.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see how tritypes are useful, but 863 I guess.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I don’t see how tritypes are useful, but 863 I guess.
    What do you consider your tritype to be?

At this point my tritype knowledge has faded a bit. Sometimes I feel like I can ‘see’ someone’s tritype but other times I have no idea. The triple/double condition aspect of it is interesting- almost like subtypes in socionics. Double condition matches with double condition and triple with triple, for compatibility..well it’s an idea at least What I’m interested in, is if one day, I’ll change my mind about my own e-type or tritype and identify with a different one.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 06-04-2021 at 02:11 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    What do you consider your tritype to be?

At this point my tritype knowledge has faded a bit. Sometimes I feel like I can ‘see’ someone’s tritype but other times I have no idea. The triple/double condition aspect of it is interesting- almost like subtypes in socionics. Double condition matches with double condition and triple with triple, for compatibility..well it’s an idea at least What I’m interested in, is if one day, I’ll change my mind about my own e-type or tritype and identify with a different one.
    As I said, I don't really think tritypes are useful. I don't think the Enneagram itself, actually, provides any notable insights in itself, though people might make something from it in the sense they make something from astrology or Tarot. That is, you can present a number of flaws people tend to be inclined towards, but I've never read any explanations for why that number is 9, or why those flaws in particular. Still, by describing these kinds of flaws people can make something from it and work toward avoiding them. Tritypes just seem a way of making the Enneagram an identity -- "I'm not someone who has only this flaw, but this flaw and this flaw as well!" Everything the Enneagram describes is I think relatable to some degree to most everyone, and when people search for a tritype they're just finding smaller and smaller pieces to relate to, when what they ought to be doing is recognizing the unhealthy patterns the Enneagram describes (at least the old-school Enneagram) and avoiding them all.

But if I were to give a 'tritype' it would be 5, 9, and...4, I guess, though there's a wing system, and I don't understand what the difference is supposed to be between a 4 wing and 4 as part of a tritype.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said, I don't really think tritypes are useful. I don't think the Enneagram itself, actually, provides any notable insights in itself, though people might make something from it in the sense they make something from astrology or Tarot. That is, you can present a number of flaws people tend to be inclined towards, but I've never read any explanations for why that number is 9, or why those flaws in particular. Still, by describing these kinds of flaws people can make something from it and work toward avoiding them. Tritypes just seem a way of making the Enneagram an identity -- "I'm not someone who has only this flaw, but this flaw and this flaw as well!" Everything the Enneagram describes is I think relatable to some degree to most everyone, and when people search for a tritype they're just finding smaller and smaller pieces to relate to, when what they ought to be doing is recognizing the unhealthy patterns the Enneagram describes (at least the old-school Enneagram) and avoiding them all.

But if I were to give a 'tritype' it would be 5, 9, and...4, I guess, though there's a wing system, and I don't understand what the difference is supposed to be between a 4 wing and 4 as part of a tritype.
    I think maybe your tritype is just more a short hand way of describing your e-type and lines of integration and wing or wings. But maybe with a slightly different emphasis, not sure. The more I thought about ennegram the more I started to see more than one type in a person (maybe seeing the person's personality more completely the more I thought about them). But I do think maybe you could give a person more than one e-type/ even tritype. I think I'd struggle to see one person as all e-types though. Maybe that is the same with astrology though.

For a while I kept noticing people's tritypes but recently I started thinking about it again, and thought, hey maybe what I'm actually seeing is them using the same functions, or focusing on the same functions (but without being able to identify the functions, I find them hard/off-putting to learn about). Like how a type can look like another type because they are a subtype or because of environmental factors such as upbringing, life experiences or even the types that they grew up around.

In the same way the functions or information elements are hard to define, so to I suppose are the numbers in ennegram? There are plenty of ideas of what the functions do and how we use them, but it's hard to define how each of the types use them. The types use them differently and the wide variety of people within a type use them differently because of their non-type related personality aspects.

Tritype or whatever it is I'm seeing..seems to be helping me in get a bit closer to finding an appropriate partner. I don't find it obvious how to tell apart base/creative subtypes but I think I'm starting to pick up on a vibe that is the right balance for me which I learnt through thinking about tritype. When you look at the double/triple condition aspects of the tritype it starts to become a bit clearer how to spot someone who compliments you E.g I am 946 which is withdrawn, reactive etc..so I need someone who is a tritype that is assertive, competent etc..arguably I am just getting better at spotting duals in general (and other types) including types of the right subtype for me. For many of the duals I've met, I feel quite confident in assigning them a tritype. Maybe I am seeing something that someone else wouldn't be able to see..but maybe someone similar to me would see the same as me?

But whatever I'm seeing it feels helpful, and makes me feel like I can trust my instincts better (not force myself to like someone, and not be too harsh on someone or too idealistic). Hope so anyway lol.

Putting the ideas out there lol
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 06-04-2021 at 05:09 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritypes just seem a way of making the Enneagram an identity -- "I'm not someone who has only this flaw, but this flaw and this flaw as well!" Everything the Enneagram describes is I think relatable to some degree to most everyone, and when people search for a tritype they're just finding smaller and smaller pieces to relate to, when what they ought to be doing is recognizing the unhealthy patterns the Enneagram describes (at least the old-school Enneagram) and avoiding them all.
    Ok I see what you mean. Similar to people indulging in stereotypical beliefs about socionics types. I guess the old-school enneagram ideas can be a bit depressing and unrelatable and adding the instincts and wings and tritypes makes it seem a bit easier to understand and think about.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tritype is 946. So either 358 or 378.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk, 487 sosx I guess.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged