Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best typer?

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like the variation in people's knowledge of Socionics is too great for us to accurately say what type is a good person-who-does-that-typing-thing. In the sense that there are some people who seem to know Socionics better and have more experience and have known a greater variety of types and examples of those types so they can drill down faster and are more interested in the theory so they can understand different aspects which in their minds justifies what types are what and they think about the theory more often specifically how people relate to certain types so they just have that kind of information in their memory, etc.

Any attempts to point at people and say "I think they're a good typer," is probably not going to be very fruitful as the reasons why they're a good typer can't really be shown using information element analysis, and so are subject to other factors (maybe certain types take to Socionics more? Again, I don't know). I believe.

What a dull response.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i trust people most who resist the temptation of jumping from having tentative suspicions and inconclusive arguments towards certain typings to settling on an actual typing itself, because the sparsity of information available about most people that are "typed" on here is such that in ~95% of cases locking in a "typing" is not warranted. this is especially the case because a broad variety of hypotheses as to how the typing process should take place in the first place can reasonably be maintained at this point.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm torn between SLE and IEI.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am probably one of the best at typing, but moreso IRL rather than online.

Besides, usually people type themselves quite well - so everyone is the best typer for himself, and we would likely reach an easy equilibrium if everyone were to trust everyone else´s self typing (but the forum would be boring, lol).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@implied

not type related, probably

Creepy-pokeball

Man, dont summon her.

ps. wtf are you all arguing about?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Besides, usually people type themselves quite well
    once a person has attained a certain length of experience with the theory i'd start assigning high weight to their self-typings, but doing too early can be a bad idea. i'm not entirely sure where the cut-off point should lie. probably around 2 years.
    Last edited by krieger; 10-29-2012 at 10:05 AM.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    I agree that there is a common vamped up stereotype, but I think you forget what Ni is. Ni is about sensing & evaluating patterns, which makes predicting things come more naturally. So it doesn't surprise me that the best people at typing in this community imo (the ones who make sense, at least), are Ni ego. Of course, this doesn't mean other types can't be good at typing people too, because I'm sure they are. It's just an observation.

Also, it seems that you agree that at least one Ni ego on this forum is a reliable source as well, as your typing list is usually identical to Ashton's.
    The evaluation of patterns is also skewed by perception and just as likely to be incorrect as typing through any other function - ni egos aren't exempt from that, in fact I've seen some particularly wonky typings come from that group from attaching meanings to patterns that aren't in any way substantial, genuinely indicative of something meaningful, or relevant to the typing process(i.e. using conjecture as 'evidence' for typing someone without making any plausible link to something tangible such as an action, event, etc ) I don't think typing has much to do with any function as much as it has to do with the ability to remain objective and impartial to both the subject and your own perception of that subject. As far as what types I see as being better at typing, I can probably count the respectable members in regards to typing here on one hand and all together they have very little, if anything, that correlate type wise.

Long story short: There is none.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a bad typer!

Every time I date a girl I think, "hey, she is my ISFp dual"...and when the relationship fails I realize all of them were ESEs or IEEs.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Niffweed often made intelligent observations.
    You're joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I am probably one of the best at typing, but moreso IRL rather than online.
    I can relate. It's much easier to type someone I know in person than someone online.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is really really good at typing.
    I just listened to phone call my ESTJ father made to his business partner. They talked for 4minutes, and I could only hear my father speak. I don't know the other person, I don't even know his name. But I am now 90% certain his type is ESTJ.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that there is a common vamped up stereotype, but I think you forget what Ni is. Ni is about sensing & evaluating patterns, which makes predicting things come more naturally. So it doesn't surprise me that the best people at typing in this community imo (the ones who make sense, at least), are Ni ego.
    Ne is equally about sensing and evaluating patterns, but you probably don't know much about that.

Also, it seems that you agree that at least one Ni ego on this forum is a reliable source as well, as your typing list is usually identical to Ashton's.
    Right. Just one.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Ne egos and/or NFs, but that's probably because they're the types whose thought processes I can follow most easily. Siuntal is pretty good if I have to name someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No clue. Probably not strictly type related. Correlation doesn't mean causation.

I think Rick did write something on Fe leading types being the worst at typing themselves though. Probably something about Te role. No idea really, don't really remember what he said or where he said it.
    Easy Day

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    Siuntal is pretty good if I have to name someone.
    I sense poli's jelly wobbling. Run for the hills!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Myself.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a feeling you'd respond snarky like that lol. No need to take it personal. Ne is more so about throwing around possibilities, recognizing things and looking at them in new ways. Ne looks at things from an outside perspective & willingness to create new ones. Ni is more about internal patterns & connections. Though, Ne egos are good with Ni, so I'm not saying they lack that ability or w/e. Hell, if it wasn't for Ne, socionics probably wouldn't even exist.
    Creativity isn't IM related. Throwing around possibilities isn't IM related. Ne isn't a process of invention that favors new ideas over old. The nature of an extroverted IM is to make broad objective assumptions, so Ni naturally has a problem jumping the gun with coalescent brainstorming, which can hinder discernment of more widely accessible impressions as much as aid local experiential convergence. But like I said, you probably know nothing about the difference, so stop trying educate me on baseless abstractions I've already read.

The only one. Which means you're probably not very confident in your own evaluations.
    No.
    Last edited by 717495; 10-29-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I sense poli's jelly wobbling. Run for the hills!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, Jim, join the gammas. No need for this circus. They're "underpopulated and outnumbered" on this forum as the story goes, so cannon fodder is always welcome.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think Starfall is pretty good at typing people.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What does she type you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12