Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Enneagram Tritypes 5.0

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Weird. I think she's either 3w4 or 4w3. But I'm 3w4, and you type me 6 as well, so no surprises I guess.
    Ive been considering that. I have been wondering if we each have a valid point.

/digdug

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i score high for 7 on various test-y things, not for 6, but I can see how i might come across like a 6 given that i have been dealing with anxiety issues for a while

Edit: well, actually the above is incorrect; on the latest test i took the results were as follows:

Type 4 - 7
    Type 6 - 6.7
    Type 5 - 6.3
    Type 3 - 4.7

Wing 4w5 - 10.2
    Wing 6w5 - 9.9
    Wing 5w4 - 9.8
    Wing 5w6 - 9.7
    Wing 4w3 - 9.4
    Wing 3w4 - 8.2
    Wing 6w7 - 6.7
    Wing 3w2 - 4.7
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    me now! Fuck I miss posts like these, and yeah, we gotta meet up; the new car radio's coming in just a few hours and it'll play iPods, my clothes fit in a suitcase that fits in my car and so does my protein powder with room in the car to spare so I got what I need haha...
    Bad news: I moved so I am further away

Good news: Come to LA and skip winter

You are a blatant 7, honestly you are so 7 that I actually am not entirely sure what the rest is I think your heart fix is definitely either 3w4 or 4w3, but I can't say which. For Gut I would say either 8w7 or 9w8, but again, not really sure which. I will do more in depth analysis but my gf is pulling me to look at apartments
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Woof? 7XY

X = 1 or 8.
    Y = 3 or 4.

Not: 713. 714 seems even less likely.

783 is plausible. "Are usually movers and shakers and rainbow makers." lololololol.

However, 784 fits you the best, as your need to non-constriction is even more extreme than mine (794), and mine is extreme as it is. Can you see this, Josh?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    Woof? 7XY

X = 1 or 8.
    Y = 3 or 4.

Not: 713. 714 seems even less likely.

783 is plausible. "Are usually movers and shakers and rainbow makers." lololololol.

However, 784 fits you the best, as your need to non-constriction is even more extreme than mine (794), and mine is extreme as it is. Can you see this, Josh?
    Good point, I was feeling inclined towards the same but I didn't know quite why. This is it: the need for non-constriction.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I think woof's either 731 or 738. Def. E3 in there w/ the constant image-focus "I gotta be hot" shit.
    I dunno, I think he could be 4w3, he's kind of out there and doesn't seem to give quite that many fucks. There is a good amount of image focus though, probably second in line behind 7, and triple assertive does sound plausible.

Under cerulean skies...

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramble time

Well I would keep a few things in mind: one, these descriptions are grossly exaggerated. Two, they are independent of instinctual orientation; thinking about it in light of sx as your primary fixation might make it both more realistic and palatable.
    Yeah, instincts are always at the greater forefront of my mind in this respect.

One more big thing, I think we are kind of inherently supposed to be ashamed of enneagram related stuff. I can't quite feel the real nature of your visceral reaction, but I will say that when I first studied enneagram, type 3 was the furthest from what I ever thought I would see in myself. I've always been a "rebel" and tried to defy the expectations of others; at least, that's what goes on in my head. But when I really looked at my life, the decisions I'd made, etc, I realized that this self-conception was actually a kind of rebellion against myself, a way that I was keeping the balance inside. I don't know if that's necessarily the same for you, but I just remember feeling a kind of revulsion when I first started thinking about myself as a 3. But when I think about the things that set me apart from others, I realize that yeah, I really was silently obsessed with "being the best," and in a variety of ways, such that it manifested in the tiniest, strangest aspects of my personality.
    The nature of my reactivity here is thinking about triple attachment as manifesting in such a way that my core is, at its essence, an empty pit. I think about it like the Buddhist notion of emptiness, where nothing can possibly exist without the existence of other things before it. This is what I envision with 369, like they build up a massive exterior image when they interact with the world, but once you strip all that down there's nothing on the inside. It seems like a mindset where everything is inherently void of meaning, purpose, intent, and the individual is simply acting in accordance with whatever external circumstances they find themselves in without any internal, idiosyncratic drive that pushes them. In a way it's like a complete loss of ego, where the psyche is a completely nebulous, formless, intangible entity that can't be demonstrated to anybody else or pinned down without attaching some external framework to it.

As much as I hate extended metaphors, imagine a giant white board. Located near the bottom are a couple hundred people, each holding a different colored pen, and they all just start drawing on it. Some people just leave tiny little doodles. Others draw meticulous masterpieces. Others will just write "penis" or "cunt" a few dozen times, laugh amongst themselves, and call it a day. Some get on ladders and draw up on top when there isn't enough space at the bottom, others haphazardly wipe their sleeves over other people's drawings and invade what was once their proclaimed space. Eventually the entire board is covered in a rainbow of shapes and colors. When a passerby comes and sees the drawings, what does he make of it? He'll see the craftsmanship, or lack thereof, of each drawing individual drawing; conversely, he could take in all the drawings as a whole and try to develop some cohesive meaning to everything.

But what he will never notice is the board itself.

This is how I see a 369 mindset. Everything the 369 stands for or represents is not of his "authentic self," rather he simply accumulates information, stimuli, experiences as he lives his life from things outside of his control, blending all the things he's come to know in life into a psychic melting pot and synthesizing them into his ever-evolving self identity. His inner core cannot contain anything solid, because everything is blended together and thus nothing can be grasped onto. There's no place on a 369 where you can point to and say "THAT is what you are," because as soon as you've found something discrete to latch onto it just as easily slips away into the mind's chasm once more.

Actually come to think of it, as I've been writing this it's become a more and more empowering thought. If my entire ego is formless and without svabhaba, then that means it can pretty much be anything I want it to be. So long I quiet down the external impressions that people project onto my psyche and let whatever authentic impetus guide me, it doesn't matter what form the white board takes. It can really be an amalgamation of everything and the nature of the white board itself will always come through in some way. This is only well and good so long as I don't mistake whatever pops up on the board for the board itself; I do notice this happen every now and then, where in any given moment I may immediately color my perception of myself as a "failure" because I did one thing poorly, only to have that flip back around when I do something well. I guess it's important to internalize that as invaluable as outside experience may be, it's not a substitute for inner authenticity and must only be taken in context of everything else.

In a lot of ways I find myself actively trying to defy what external labels people try to put on me. This especially happens in typology, where you'll hear me playing devil's advocate saying "I'm not 'quirky', I'm not off-the-wall and forgetful," etc. It happens a lot in real life too: in my music whenever somebody tries to pin down my style I find myself kind of uncomfortable and want to prove them wrong; similarly, I find myself drawn to artists who are capable of completely re-inventing themselves at the drop of a hat, like dabble in one genre for a little while then completely shift gears as if to say "fuck your genre, Imma just be me". I even remember one little incident where I was cooking something in the kitchen and my dad came up to me and said "you're a chef!" I had a sort of mini panic attack in my head, like "who are you to tell me what I am?" Even people talking about me in simple character descriptions like "hard-working" or "witty" tend to fluster me, because I never think about myself in those terms. I wonder if this is some sort of E3 counter-image stance in the same sense of e6 counter-phobia.

I'm hungry
    Last edited by Galen; 10-31-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Creepy-pokeball

IN MRI studies, biological extroverts have a shortened path for dopamine systems, and introverts have a lengthened path for acetycholine systems.

"In the central nervous system, acetylcholine and the associated neurons form a neurotransmitter system, the cholinergic system, which tends to cause anti-excitatory actions."

See how they are related?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you are obviously a 4, probably 4w5, either sp/sx or sx/sp. 469 seems like a good fit, that or 459, but I can't say I have a strong enough impression of you to be certain. You don't strike me as particularly anxious, and double reactive might be a stretch, but there is definitely some security-seeking, so 4-5-9 sounds right, probably 4w5-5w6-9w1.
    Hahaha, damn, you're good. My self typing was a toss-up between that and 4-5-1. Triple withdrawn fits me though, I hardly ever meet anyone more introverted than I am. And I have a very, very hard time expressing dissatisfaction, which seems kind of weird for a 4-5-1, maybe?
    Also just ftr I'm quite sure I'm sx/sp lol. And Peter is sp/sx. What's your opinion on his tritype? 1-4-?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Hahaha, damn, you're good. My self typing was a toss-up between that and 4-5-1. Triple withdrawn fits me though, I hardly ever meet anyone more introverted than I am. And I have a very, very hard time expressing dissatisfaction, which seems kind of weird for a 4-5-1, maybe?
    Also just ftr I'm quite sure I'm sx/sp lol. And Peter is sp/sx. What's your opinion on his tritype? 1-4-?
    1-4-6 seems right, 1w9-4w5-6w5 seems to fit well. I still think he might be a 6, I'm not sure though.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Gilly can you do my tritype?
    He should do everyone's tritype.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolphin I would think you a 649. I do see you as having a pronounced reactivity pattern, but you don't go apeshit over everything that crosses you path like I see with 648s and you're much more speckled with notes of positive outlook than I'd imagine from an 8 fixation. You're similar to lungs in a way, who I also see as 649, in that you both seem kind of restless, anxious to break free from what you perceive as mundane nature of existence and find something with much more emotionally substantive worth.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Dolphin I would think you a 649. I do see you as having a pronounced reactivity pattern, but you don't go apeshit over everything that crosses you path like I see with 648s and you're much more speckled with notes of positive outlook than I'd imagine from an 8 fixation. You're similar to lungs in a way, who I also see as 649, in that you both seem kind of restless, anxious to break free from what you perceive as mundane nature of existence and find something with much more emotionally substantive worth.
    Yes to everything here! I agree 100% on them as both 649. Dolphin is likely 6w5-4w5-9w8 sx/sp IMO, lots of withdrawn, she is very talkative IRL but also extremely insular for an SEE. Also I think she has 8 in there, she can be touchy about her boundaries, although that could be sp related, Id have to hear what she thinks about 1 vs 8.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

question to all of the tri-typists: how do you differentiate between points of integration/disintegration and fixations in different centers? for instance in cases of tritypes such as 147, 369, or 852

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    question to all of the tri-typists: how do you differentiate between points of integration/disintegration and fixations in different centers? for instance in cases of tritypes such as 147, 369, or 852
    Basically whether the manifestation of the fixation seems overly neurotic or learned/developed, or just a natural undercurrent in the personality.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Gilly said, combined with the perceived presence of accentuated secondary triads.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Gilly said, combined with the perceived presence of accentuated secondary triads.
    +1

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

You might perceive me as being more hung up trust issues than I really am. I'm casually trusting of individuals unless I've reason to distrust. So long as there's none of that personal vulnerability stuff expected of me.
    I still perceive you as being e6 > e5.

I don't see E5s as being quite that eccentric. None of the ones here for instance give me the impression you're describing. Maybe you're mythologizing?
    Nah I'm not mythologizing, their are subtle difference between e5 and e6 and a definite element of the e5 is eccentricity although it's not necessary exaggerated or extreme. People that type e5 on the forum, sometimes I agree with and other times I'm skeptical -- but none the less I think I can still see how they fit that theme of eccentricity.

I don't seek to understand for approval; I'm not sure how that could even be considered a viable end for understanding. Who would want their understanding circumscriptively bounded by the approval of others?

I do believe it's generally true that knowledge brings power, but moreover it's that I believe understanding is ultimately preferable to ignorance no matter what—even if it hurts. Being more aware of reality for sake of itself… for both practical and existential reasons, to escape the primitive confluence of blind accident I perceive most lives being defined by.

I also think there's a lot to be said for understanding driven by plain natural curiosity. I've never been able to comprehend how any presumably conscious human being can dare look around at the world and the life they live, and not ask questions about it. How anyone with a palpable pulse can actively not wonder, not be intrigued, not seek mystery, nor suspend belief, and prefer to ossify their minds in dulled closure with whatever it is they think they know.
    I didn't really read through this but this isn't just BS I pulled out of my ass, directional theory is focused on splitting types up into power-seeking (5/8/2), approval-seeking (3/6/9), and ideal-seeking (1/4/7).

I think the system works as well if you reasonably apply it.

You say stuff like Who would want their understanding circumscriptively bounded by the approval of others? -- this seems like a problem with the system and no so much my application of it. You don't even acknowledge that approval is a factor in the psychology of people. I think it is, and a huge one, but I think its not simplistic and as simple as "I want approval"... people for the most part at least grow out of that childlike dependent attitude, but it is approval none the less that motivates a lot of actions people take.

Except I'm not separating people into "smarts" and "dumbs" and aligning myself with the former. As I said, I'm just me.

The statement had to do with the simple fact that stupid ideas tend to have stupid consequences, and that groups of people believing in stupid ideas make for exponentially worse problems.

You might be picking up on my inherent skepticism towards group behavior as a whole. Being that I see most persons as prone to becoming like herd animals in groups—monkey mentality takes over, they stop thinking, default into acting on guttural emotion and childish irrationality, and then goofy shit happens; this is a biological reality of common human nature I've little control over.
    Yea I don't know but that kind of thought process ticks me off to the fact you could at least be e6 in the head-triad -- especially the skepticism towards group behavior as a whole.

"Emo fag" was a joke. No way in hell am I going to prostrate my inner life out publicly, nor even to anyone privately for that matter.
    I know it was a joke but I'm taking the opportunity to explain the difference between e3's and e4's and why I think you are more e3/e2 like. Also how does someone who dislikes prostrating his inner life out publicy see a non-existence of trust issues in their personality? Or things like approval involved in psychology? If trust and approval were non factors then you wouldn't have a problem expressing these things -- sure you may say its less because you are "afraid" and more because you don't want to be an "attention-whore" but what do you think motivates an "attention-whore" then? Potentially approval/attention? Whats a major difference between a foolish attention-whore and someone who is more guarded but not overly guarded? Potentially a healthier and more realistic attitude towards trust? I don't know.... but that's how I see it and that statement seems indicative of at least some underlying thought process in your psychology concerning trust and approval. Whether that's e2/3 and e6 or e5 and e4 is debatable.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go.
    Pull!

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritype plz
    I kinda see you as 853 now Ashton. At first I went along with your suggestion of 854, but now I don't see you as double-reactive or double withdrawn. Sure you have your moments where you go off on people, but for the most part you tend to keep an even keel and when you're actually serious you're pretty directly informative, which would make sense for a double-competency type. Like at times where I would expect you to bombard somebody with "you're a moron" or something similar, you respond with "actually it's more like this," as if you're actually trying to ... help ... and be rational. Plus what you've said about not being particularly personally revealing to others doesn't sound right for a 4 fix, even for an 8 primary; compare with someone like P!nk, an Sx 864 whose music tends to be very self-revealing and vulnerable.

I remember back in some thread about Chris Langan where people were talking about how he reminds them of you, and I think there may be something to that. I could see Langan as some 358 tritype as well, and you both have a similar way of explaining your thoughts and perceptions rationally and clearly. I don't think you present yourself in as smug or self-important a way as Langan does, but the resemblances are there.

Would like to hear other opinions though
    Last edited by Galen; 11-03-2012 at 06:09 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skeet skeet skeet

Tritype plz
    Huh? Is that McNew?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also fwiw I whipped up this little chart to demonstrate compounding secondary triads within each tritype. Higher number = greater emphasis on that triad:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...vZnFtQUE#gid=0

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh I agree with 4 for Ashton's heart fix, 4w3. He seems very much invested in envisioning a world system that syncs with his own self-perception and feelings of what is "genuine," and facilitates his ability to live the way he chooses. I think his image fix is stronger than he likes to let on, and 4w3s often have a lot of stereotypical 3ish traits, mainly wanting to project a distinct image. I agree with Galen that Ashton isn't as overtly touchy as a double reactive type might normally seem, but I think its also very clear that he is hard-headed as fuck, and even when he's not throwing out emotional energy left and right, he does project a certain tension, and a persistence that could only be emotionally motivated. This is kind of what I meant about people's tension extending outside of themselves and becoming "entangled" with others' energy.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh I agree with 4 for Ashton's heart fix, 4w3. He seems very much invested in envisioning a world system that syncs with his own self-perception and feelings of what is "genuine," and facilitates his ability to live the way he chooses. I think his image fix is stronger than he likes to let on, and 4w3s often have a lot of stereotypical 3ish traits, mainly wanting to project a distinct image. I agree with Galen that Ashton isn't as overtly touchy as a double reactive type might normally seem, but I think its also very clear that he is hard-headed as fuck, and even when he's not throwing out emotional energy left and right, he does project a certain tension, and a persistence that could only be emotionally motivated. This is kind of what I meant about people's tension extending outside of themselves and becoming "entangled" with others' energy.
    Hmm, I think your perception of Ashton as overly hard-headed doesn't match up with mine. Sure he stands his ground on his positions, but assuming he's being met with a good enough argument he'll admit his own mistakes, or at least admit that there's something outside of his current understanding of the subject. I see myself kinda doing the same thing, and people on here have called me out for what they see as me coming off as self-important, that my own view is the objectively right one, when I'd just as easily change my position if a good enough argument comes along. What you see as him being hard-headed could just as easily be miscommunication between the two of you? Dunno, but it does sound like you're projecting intentions onto him that may or may not be the actuality. I'd like to hear his take on what we're saying though.
    Last edited by Galen; 11-03-2012 at 07:49 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tritype plz
    Me too, please. If anyone has an idea.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I think your perception of Ashton as overly hard-headed doesn't match up with mine. Sure he stands his ground on his positions, but assuming he's being met with a good enough argument he'll admit his own mistakes, or at least admit that there's something outside of his current understanding of the subject. I see myself kinda doing the same thing, and people on here have called me out for what they see as me coming off as self-important, that my own view is the objectively right one, when I'd just as easily change my position if a good enough argument comes along. What you see as him being hard-headed could just as easily be miscommunication between the two of you? Dunno, but it does sound like you're projecting intentions onto him that may or may not be the actuality. I'd like to hear his take on what we're saying though.
    Well you seem more kind of smug and self-satisfied, which I think is actually typical of attachment triad types. Also, after a while you will kind of just grin and throw your hands up and say "Ok, think what you like!" in a kind of passive aggressive way. Ashton on the other hand, even when he doesn't seem upset or perturbed externally, will carry through discussions way past the point of reason or having an impact on someone else's views, and he often degenerates into ad hominem when he feels like there's no "point" in actually trying, instead of just ceasing discussion; basically he will follow a discussion past the point of productivity, and begin to use very emotionally motivated language, once he reaches a certain point or gets frustrated with whomever he's talking. Even when it doesn't SEEM overtly "emotional," he carries on past the point when there could be a rational motive for continuing the discussion, and it's because the tension isn't yet resolved.

I'm not saying he gets ALL EMOTIONAL and won't admit when he's wrong; that's you projecting.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri-types are ridiculous. When tri-types become the going-thing, lemme know because ................... suddenly insanity has taken hold.

You guys really need to get better resources enneagram-wise.

The way you are describing the types is just.... where the flying fuck are you getting this information?
    Horrible descriptions and definitions.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't the points of integration/disintegration define the tritype?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Shouldn't the points of integration/disintegration define the tritype?

No. The dynamics of enneagram integration/disintegration are based on superficial resemblances to other types under positive conditions or stress, respectively. Tritypes have more to do with people's actual ingrained strategies for the human dilemmas defined by each center: head, heart, and gut. So for example, while I am a 3 and under stress I show 9-like traits of disconnectedness and spiritual stagnation, I tend to deal with gut related issues like my own free will, personal space, etc. in a much more 8-like manner, asserting my own boundaries in a somewhat reactive way by drawing lines and ensuring my own personal freedoms and independence before all else.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. The dynamics of enneagram integration/disintegration are based on superficial resemblances to other types under positive conditions or stress, respectively. Tritypes have more to do with people's actual ingrained strategies for the human dilemmas defined by each center: head, heart, and gut. So for example, while I am a 3 and under stress I show 9-like traits of disconnectedness and spiritual stagnation, I tend to deal with gut related issues like my own free will, personal space, etc. in a much more 8-like manner, asserting my own boundaries in a somewhat reactive way by drawing lines and ensuring my own personal freedoms and independence before all else.
    Bullshit. People believe what they want to believe. Tri-types are nothing more than imagination.
    I think there is some truth to enneagrams but tri-types are only a manifestation of what you want to believe you are, many times. It may be true that e-types are used in a sequence but the fact that any fucking person can figure out what that sequence is, is practically non-existent.
    I think at some point there could be such a thing as tri-types but it would have to be once people have gone beyond emotions at the point they are at now.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    Bullshit. People believe what they want to believe. Tri-types are nothing more than imagination.
    I think there is some truth to enneagrams but tri-types are only a manifestation of what you want to believe you are, many times. It may be true that e-types are used in a sequence but the fact that any fucking person can figure out what that sequence is, is practically non-existent.
    I think at some point there could be such a thing as tri-types but it would have to be once people have gone beyond emotions at the point they are at now.
    I think they make perfect sense. Everyone has innate, biological needs for emotional, mental, and physical security, and IMO the enneagram describes broad and encompassing but appropriately targeted ways that people tend to deal with these fixations. If enneagram makes sense, then tritypes make sense; everyone has all of these needs, so it makes sense we would develop strategies to make sure our needs are met. What do you see as wrong with this notion?

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they make perfect sense. Everyone has innate, biological needs for emotional, mental, and physical security, and IMO the enneagram describes broad and encompassing but appropriately targeted ways that people tend to deal with these fixations. If enneagram makes sense, then tritypes make sense; everyone has all of these needs, so it makes sense we would develop strategies to make sure our needs are met. What do you see as wrong with this notion?

I think that there is no way that most people can decide what is going on with themselves. Enneagrams makes sense in the way that they provide explanations for motives in a very random way and it's not perfect.
    When you get into trying to define tri-types, it becomes people trying to define themselves and failing miserably.
    Why? Because tri-types take the imperfection of enneagram types and multiply that by a factor of 5 million and one. The problem is not as MUCH in the theory but in the people who try to determine the theory. It fails incredibly miserably.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that there is no way that most people can decide what is going on with themselves. Enneagrams makes sense in the way that they provide explanations for motives in a very random way and it's not perfect.
    When you get into trying to define tri-types, it becomes people trying to define themselves and failing miserably.
    Why? Because tri-types take the imperfection of enneagram types and multiply that by a factor of 5 million and one. The problem is not as MUCH in the theory but in the people who try to determine the theory. It fails incredibly miserably.
    Well I won't bother trying to convince you, seeing as you've already proven yourself an intractably stone-headed bitch.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I won't bother trying to convince you, seeing as you've already proven yourself an intractably stone-headed bitch.
    I don't buy stone-heads, sorry.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can safely lump jet in with the 468 crowd

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can safely lump jet in with the 468 crowd

I think you can lump me in with whatever the fuck you want, seeing as you are a fucking emo psycho fag.
    Last edited by Kim; 11-04-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you can lump me in with whatever the fuck you want, seeing as you are a fucking emo psycho fag.
    Holy fuck, calm down miss projection pants. Every slight, trivial, insignificant thing triggers off something with you.

Creepy-male

I disagree and agree with this-- there is such thing as intrapersonal intelligence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_..._intelligences which is focused more on the focused understanding of oneself versus interpersonal intelligence which is understanding of other people. I think there is a difference in how developed people's intrapersonal intelligence is-- someone who is very well developed intrapersonally would have a better use applying a complex system to characterize themselves than someone who is less intrapersonally developed. The less intrapersonally developed person would struggle to provide explanation for motives, while the more intrapersonally developed person would be able to do so with ease.

So I think tri-types can be effective if one understands the system and has the necessary intrapersonally intelligence to apply it to themselves.

On the other hand I think it can be really confusing when people are new to the enneagram or haven't developed a sufficient amount of prowess with their intrapersonal intelligence-- in such cases tri-type may create more confusion than is necessary. This is why I advocate the use of a single type first in enneagram, to get a solid understanding of the basics and then attempt to type your main type before delving into tritypes. Tritypes are un-neccesary if you just want a label for your personally -- a single type can do that... the real benefit of the tri-type is that is breaks down one's identity into three spheres or areas and identitfies a strategy or set of motives in that sphere. This kind of self-awareness can be valuable to understanding yourself and others.

Say let's focus solely on the heart-triad which is concerned with issues of self-worth, esteem, and shame. We could make observations about ourselves and others and realize that someone who is heart-triad leading in their tritype would be much more concerned with self-esteem and their sense of worth than say a e7 or e8 or someone who leads with head-triad or gut-triad. Therefore when dealing with this type of person one would have to pay more attention to these areas of focus. One could further make distinguishments between heart triad types which lean towards e4 and heart triad types which lean towards e2. You could apply different strategies to relating and diplomatically dealing with either type once you understand the difference. Even for someone who has heart-triad lower on the ladder in their tritype, knowing their type in that sphere is still useful when you do encounter issues relating to self-esteem and worth.

That's interpersonally, but intrapersonally knowing how one's psychology works can be valuable in learning how to mitigate the challenges of life (imo). If someone realizes they are an e4 it can be easy to identify their tendency to say think the grass is always greener on the other side, and therefore find successful ways of dealing with this by finding realistic ways to chase ideals and to call themselves out on their impulse to chase unrealistic overly-idealized things to escape a bad situation. The awareness of one's type can be useful for making yourself tick. It's like being on a drug, if you didn't have the awareness you were in an altered state and were anxious it may be more frightening and traumatic than if you were fully aware you were in an altered state and productive sought ways to deal with that state. In many ways people's psychology are full of defense mechanisms and other things that sometimes break down and cause psychological trauma and realizing these mechanisms and how they work can better allow one to productively seek ways to improve these mechanisms and have a stronger and healthy psychology.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    I disagree and agree with this-- there is such thing as intrapersonal intelligence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_..._intelligences which is focused more on the focused understanding of oneself versus interpersonal intelligence which is understanding of other people
    It's basically one and the same. If you can't type yourself, you probably can't type other people either. So, I think what you are saying, I am saying too, just more with experience behind me vs. reading.

Creepy-male

It's basically one and the same. If you can't type yourself, you probably can't type other people either. So, I think what you are saying, I am saying too, just more with experience behind me vs. reading.
    Lol let's not make it a competition on who is more experienced and who has more reading. You could have just said "What I am saying is the same thing you are saying" and that would be sufficient.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast