View Poll Results: what is Johnny Depp's type?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 7.32%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 19.51%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 12.20%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 2.44%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.44%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

13 31.71%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 2.44%
  • SLI (ISTp)

2 4.88%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

9 21.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Johnny Depp

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycantrope View Post
    People often type him as ESI, I believe he is LSI though, you can see in the video he says "when I diss you I will diss you as a group, 'cause that's how people will see it". That seems way more aristocratic than democratic to me, hence it is more Beta than Gamma. Also ESI being 4d Fi would've manage to handle the situation better because they have understanding of human relations in general more naturally.

I would say Johnny Depp is either IEI or ILI. I guess there are some ILI who are more artistic. I say ILI because he is not very expressive his tone of voice is very NT like, if that is a thing..

Here is someone I consider EII (many type her as LSE or LIE)

I was thinking Eminem is LSI too. I'd have to see more videos of the EII, though ... She has a kind of T face, but I don't know how much I actually buy into VI.

I don't know. I could see ESI though.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonny is INFP. He reads the chamber of mental capture periods of the archetype and seat of choice and inner foundations to show the growth and evolution of the mask of mirror cave nature.
    Raptor is the 1 true Slowking. He came to completely master the system, doorways of holy wisdom and flowering to penetrate beyond bubbles of live wire explosions and channels to impulsive luster curling detonators and bell towers to resonate and build coastlines of futures and roses polarizing happy treasuries installing powers of earth and triumph!!
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Park; 05-01-2022 at 10:31 PM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousKM View Post
    Johnny Depp has to be one of these types: EIE/IEI/SEI/IEE.

Definitely NOT SLI and also not an EII (although he can sometimes appear like one).
    I’ve just realised that, if you were to also include Reinin dichotomies in the typing process, Johnny Depp would definitely be an Asking type.

That would remove IEE and SEI as possible types (EII is also a Declaring type).

Leaving either EIE or IEI as his type.

I wonder if he could just be a slightly reserved and quiet EIE (apparently, they do exist).
    EIE, the actor... It would explain his great acting abilities and how he could convincingly play all those different characters over the years.

Could an IEI really play gangsters as well as he did...
    Would an IEI easily confront paparazzi, hit one of them on the head with a piece of wood and then threaten and intimidate the crowd of paps enough, so that not one of them dared to take any more photos (until the police arrived to arrest Depp). He liked telling that story a few times.

I think Se use is more obvious/stronger in Depp than in most IEIs. It’s noticeable in his acting as well. He is not Se creative however. His Se is still weaker and less controlled than an ESI (also an Asking type but ESIs would use Se with more skill). Also, he appears to value Fe, so I wouldn’t believe he’s an ESI anyway.

Although he doesn’t appear so in interviews, he actually can be very emotional and apparently, confrontational when angered. He has a lot of tattoos and doesn’t usually dress for comfort (but isn’t as style conscious as I’d expect an IEI to be)... Likely a Se valuer. His Si appears to be weak. He doesn’t take good care of his health and probably never gave it much thought. He admired and was good friends with Marlon Brando (who obviously valued Se and was possibly a Se ego type). During arguments, he’d take out his anger on objects. For example, destroying hotel rooms (even before he got with Amber Heard). I believe the reason he was not more physically aggressive towards Amber (when she was repeatedly provoking and abusing him) was because he loved her of course and also probably because he believed it would be wrong to physically harm a woman.
    Last edited by CuriousKM; 05-05-2022 at 04:23 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he might be the same or a very similar type to Gary Oldman, who is even more difficult to type because his roles are all over the place and he's even more of a chameleon in the way he dissociates and blends into the characters he plays. But based on outward appearance and interviews I remember seeing, there is something very similar underneath, I think. They both seem introverted, humble, down to earth, largely indifferent to fame and criticism, a little schizoid perhaps. Gary looks just a bit more stoic and emotionally reserved.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally thik he's EII and Amber is ESI and they had kindred ITR.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not seeing a whole lot of Fe for IEI. Irrational temperament, lack of expression and emotive speech, "cool" persona...SLI anyone?

This definitely looks like an SLI IEE interaction to me.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    Facial expressions and reactions tell otherwise. On his part at least. But it's related to experience hard to use it as convincing argument.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    I'm not seeing a whole lot of Fe for IEI. Irrational temperament, lack of expression and emotive speech, "cool" persona...SLI anyone?

Te creative SLI? SLI the saver? Which they have to be because of their dual, according to one profile I’ve seen.
    Johnny Depp lost a huge amount of his wealth over the years and was bad at handling his finances (he’s not an IEE though). He wanted to be an investor though (and he did make investments) but he wasn’t actually great at being one and the people around him apparently took advantage of him and his circumstances. He blew most of his fortune (allegedly spending $2 million every month at one point) on wine, drugs, family and his extremely lavish lifestyle. If you do some research into how he lost his money, hopefully you’ll see why SLI doesn’t fit him.

He does have a cool persona but I think he’s likely an EIE and they can easily act cool in front of others. Especially in an interview and in front of an audience (he’s always aware of the audience).
    His Fe is actually strong (and it’s obvious to me). EIEs can sometimes appear calmer and more serious than a Fe creative type (probably depending on the subtypes).
    In numerous interviews and behind the scenes footage, you can see that he was very good at adapting to whoever he was communicating with. He wanted to, and often knew how to, make a good impression on them and also the audience. He is usually aware of how he is being perceived by others. SLIs are more oblivious (and don’t care as much).

Also, his Si is too weak to be a Si ego type. He doesn’t even appear to be a Si valuer. EIIs and IEEs have weak Si but usually think and care about their health and comfort more consistently than he does. Especially EIIs. Considering his long history of alcohol and drug abuse and other unhealthy habits, I imagine Depp has to actually become unwell (or look noticeably sick/worse in his appearance) first before he pays more attention to his body and health specifically. SLIs and SEIs in contrast are more in tune with their body and would more easily and quickly change their behaviours, diet etc. so they stay healthy. Or they wouldn’t continue with any unhealthy habits for long.
    Last edited by CuriousKM; 05-09-2022 at 04:32 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Ni/Se valuing to me. His whole aesthetics and style seems more Fe and attention grabbing, imo. An ethical type. I can’t really see him as Se ego, or Ne PoLR.

seems beta NF to me.

A more reserved EIE.

I could see Si PoLR considering his lifestyle. Or even Te PoLR considering his money spending habits. But something doesn’t seem right about IEI. I just don’t think that’s it.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my personal reasons why I believe it's EII/ESI kindred relations. When I listened to the recordings back when they first were released I felt like I was seeing the same issues in my own relationship with an ESI playout, same intensity, similar words, and the same style of issues, except she wasn't abusive and she wasn't a liar. But that soul connection Amber describes she had with Johnny is exactly how I felt with the ESI girl. "Made me feel so loved, you never felt love like that" "Something about my make up, or background but I just got it." "He recognized me." "She was too good to be true." feel like I'm hearing my own feelings said out loud and in different words "you're my favorite person you know that" yea all sounds familiar to me. AND the way she values the tough Se and craps on Johnny's Si valuing Se PoLR non confrontational nature calling him a baby for taking getting hit too seriously, very relatable for me and the ESI girl I was with, She used to make jokes that I was weak but those jokes really stung me. I literally told her "If we get in a fight and you start yelling I'm leaving the room" and she did not like that, just like Amber, she also used to playfully hit me in non violent areas but her hits had a spark to them, those always made me feel uncomfortable, Se likes play that has impact, rough play, Si likes textures and soft surfaces. when she first started playfully hitting I was shocked and confused and even said something at first and later she would comment on my complaining, but she made it seem like it wasn't a big deal, she had a need to be physical.And there was jealousy of the other's Se and Ne on both sides. I believed Amber loved him at one point but things definitely went haywire. But yea I just see 2 Fi doms that had something "special" and it all burnt to the ground and now she's doing a major power play to come out on top while protecting herself. I could be bias and blind but it all looks 2 familiar.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Captain Jack Sparrow orders all hands on deck to scrub it clean, matey! Arr!
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think u can still be beta nf and act emotionally restrained 'cool' in public, ppl have said that about me before really. I can vomit Fe on people if I'm acting or roleplaying, irl that would be bizarre.

again I think he's not Te valuing cuz the Te ppl seem to really be on Amber's side and not his. I associate strong Te valuing with a kind of over valuance of PC women's rights and #Believe Women thing. I think Amber is probably Gamma and he's probably Beta. All those news articles that are trying to Telight ppl into taking Amber's side make me laugh considering how much of the evidence is weighed against her. Reminds me of how they tried to make Hillary Clinton a thing lol.

Evidence has come out shown Amber was more abusive one - probably 75/25 but due to how society is up it's own ass about Te, didn't appear that way. I don't think he's an innocent charming victim either tho so don't twist my words. It's not that simple really- if anything this is a huge Te vs Fe valuing clash imo. As my nana says 'it takes two to tango' so he's probably very abusive in ways too but I still think its a 75/25 thing- she's just manipulating how ppl are more likely to side with the woman being the hurt victim cuz its a woman. People who think he's completely innocent are probably very naive- but it feels even more naive to buy into Amber Heard's manipulations.

"ooh he's not as nice or victimy as he appears - he's an abuser. Hate him cuz we told you to hate him" - sounds a lot like what Gamma Te would call Beta Fe right? lolol.

besides socionics, this is a sad symptoym of a heteronormative & 'glbtq' infested culture that teaches ppl it's better to respect yourself and not others. Equality is a myth. How can I be equal to a breeder when both of us think we're better? LOL.

They say if you respect yourself you will treat others right too. That's just stupid and dumb and naive tho. Yeah if ur some unrealistic Mary Sue you'll do that- if you're a real person? Not so much. Lots of people have confidence and respect for themselves but have such little concern for other ppl. It's just some bullshit thing people say to excuse narcissism and fucked up ness. They both fought like a typical white trash str8 couple, that's why America loves to watch- reminds them of their own life. Hey he's not gay but I can't help but relate to him as well - as those Te authority ppl are all the same and said similar things about me that they said about Mr. Depp.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems a bit tormented and perpetually disturbed, like lying right beneath the surface. Like he had a hard life growing up, or was from a rough neighborhood. I just feel like he’s seen some shit and had it rough with drugs and alcohol and it’s made him more withdrawn in a tormented way?

And yeah, he likes to play the part of how he wants to be perceived. Do you all remember when he took up an English accent because he liked it better, how it sounded… accents can give off a certain image because of the association. Like more posh. It seems to me that was what he was trying to do. Which seems pretty Fe-Ni valuing to me, and maybe aristocratic.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is innocent shes a bitch thats what it is
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people will see this case a lot differently once the dust settles.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    He was chronically abused by his mother, went into acting to escape his situation, and also turned to drugs and alcohol to numb the pain (based on reading what his family and exes have said). It makes perfect sense why he gravitated towards someone like Amber Heard. If you feel emotionally dead, someone like her would make you feel some intensity and passion.

Beta NF probably.
    Geezus. Yes. That does make sense.

now I feel really sorry for him
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE (?). I think Extraverted Intuition is clear and so is Introverted Feeling.
    Last edited by hellohellohello; 07-15-2022 at 02:36 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohellohello View Post
    IEE (?). I think Extraverted Intuition is clear and so is Introverted Feeling.
    Being a strong introvert by his own admission and by most MB/Socionics definitions, the only sensible Fi-Ne combination would be EII.

Also, the EIE suggestion seems ludicrous, both for him and for Gary Oldman, neither of whom fit nor resemble the EIE archetype, IMO.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iolanthe View Post
    He seems a bit tormented and perpetually disturbed, like lying right beneath the surface. Like he had a hard life growing up, or was from a rough neighborhood. I just feel like he’s seen some shit and had it rough with drugs and alcohol and it’s made him more withdrawn in a tormented way?
    My mother has this ability to watch someone she knows nothing about talk for a few minutes and deduce things like what type of environment they come from (urban/rural/etc.), whether they have had a rough past/childhood, if they had been raised by liberal or conservative parents, or by divorced parents, etc. and in 90% of the cases she seems to guess these things correctly. I posses 0% of this trait, and I never really understood how it works.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverted. Feeling type. Introverted intuition is definitely pronounced which is why he may come off as introverted, but his main focus is Extroverted Feeling due to never stepping out of bounds of the emotional atmosphere. He's a little awkward but definitely romantic in his feelings.

EIE-H

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crM View Post
    i now believe he's LII. i mean, he will never ever(3x)~ POSSESS THE *FRUITINESS* THAT ONLY EIIs have

IEIs worldwide would like to be excluded from this narrative
    Mate, if you read once again I meant Johnny Depp not as an IEI but as somebody with a toned body that emphasizes feminine energy. Lame.

Sticky note: I cannot get arsed to deeply synthetize about Johnny's type, yet IEI is seemingly a reasonable choice, nothing out of ground.
    Last edited by Lisho7; 08-16-2022 at 12:56 AM.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L
    I
    I

(mb)
    "The world's a stage and everyone is an actor" - (mb) an EIE <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)