View Poll Results: what is Johnny Depp's type?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 7.32%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 19.51%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 12.20%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 2.44%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.44%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

13 31.71%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 2.44%
  • SLI (ISTp)

2 4.88%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

9 21.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default let's type Johnny Depp

quotes:

We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us. ... If there’s any message to my work, it is ultimately that it’s OK to be different, that it’s good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.

People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.

There are necessary evils. Money is an important thing in terms of representing freedom in our world. And now I have a daughter to think about. It's really the first time I've thought about the future and what it could be.

If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one. Because if you really loved the first one, then you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.

If you catch me saying ‘I am a serious actor,’ I beg you to slap me.

Who knows what goes on underneath the table, outside the frame? I may have a feather duster down my pants. It's not necessarily sexual, either. If I'm having a difficult time with a scene, getting too serious, I like to take a handheld duster or maybe a wrench, shove it down my pants and play the scene that way. Any object that doesn't belong--it takes your mind off the seriousness of the situation. Just when you're bursting into tears you realize there's a dust mop in your shorts.

If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love, I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years, but I would eat them. ... I had an incident with a really dumb magazine called Voici where they printed a photograph of Lily-Rose, a long-lens shot from very far away, and I just went ballistic. You can sue them — I've sued a couple of times, Vanessa's sued and we win every time — but this time I was beyond suing. I just wanted to beat whoever was responsible into the earth — I just wanted to rip him apart. So I tracked him down and gave him a few suggestions about how to live life and stay healthy and he took my advice. Because that's just unacceptable. They can do anything they want to me — and most tabloids have — but not my kid, not my pure, innocent little baby. She didn't ask to be in this circus.

I despise those prick actors who say, "I was in character," and "I became the character," and all that stuff. It's hideous. It's just masturbation at the highest level.

When I was a kid back in Kentucky, we went to this church where my uncle preached. It was kind of a weird Baptist, full-on kind of place. People kept running up to the pulpit and grabbing his ankles and being saved. Lots of crying. Even then, at six or seven, I questioned how pure the emotion could be if it were on such display.

As a teenager, I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too. ... I’m shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I’ve done everything I can to avoid it.

My body is a journal in a way. It’s like what sailors used to do, where every tattoo meant something, a specific time in your life when you make a mark on yourself, whether you do it yourself with a knife or with a professional tattoo artist.

I don’t pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.

I’ve known that there have been a kind of select group of people, amazing die-hard supporters, even through some of the more, shall we say, odd films. These people, bless them, have stuck with me the whole length of the road. To say that you appreciate it is not nearly enough. It’s part of the essence, or fuel, of what keeps you going. These people are my boss; they’re the ones who keep me employed. A couple of times, they could have said, Let’s abandon him. And they haven’t. You don’t want to let them down.

For me, ambition has become a dirty word. I prefer hunger. To be hungry-great. To have hopes, dreams-great.

LA is too fast, too pacy. There is too much of everything, just too much. In France, I can have distance and sort of see the game for what it is, rather than trying to understand it from the inside. I'm not swimming in the soup bowl. I'm not getting overcooked in that big stewpot. Fame, celebrity--it's not such a big deal in Europe. People seem to understand that you just have a weird job. They're not running after you, trying to carve chunks out of you. It's strange in the states. Most fans here are great, but there's a handful who have seen the movies and feel they know you. They think it's alright to touch you and ask personal questions.

I want to do kiddie movies now. I'm fed up with adult movies — most of them stink. At a certain point with movies it becomes all about mathematics: this has to lead up to this, this has to lead up to that — you're always bound by some kind of formula. But since having kids and watching lots of animated cartoons and all those great old Disney films, I think they're better, they're much better. They're more fun and they take more risks.

The only gossip I’m interested in is things from the Weekly World News – ‘Woman’s bra bursts, 11 injured’. That kind of thing.

There are four questions of value in life: What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for? And what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.

Last edited by silke; 06-30-2016 at 01:11 AM. Reason: updated videos
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Stoic fucker ain't he?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Depp is interesting - probably fun to hang out with. And looks sexy in half the movies.
    Orlando Bloom is too "friendly" in most movies, but very hot in "Kingdom of Heaven". There is something about long swords and leading an army.

I couldn't read the other thread, because I want to see "Pirates of the Caribbean" and I was afraid of spoilers. What type is Johnny Depp? And what type is he in that movie?

PS! Implied, that's a great picture of him.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems infp.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp for Depp (my guess)

it was discussed here --> http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3862

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depp - ISFp
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the order (link), from the most recent to the first GFs:
    Vanessa Paradis (dating as of June 1998 until present),
    Kate Moss (engaged in July 1995; separated in 1997),
    Winona Ryder (separated in 1993),
    Jennifer Grey (actress)
    Sherilyn Fenn (actress)

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/johnny_depp_biog/3
    source[/url]]He'd earlier been engaged to Twin Peaks siren Sherilyn Fenn, between 1985 and '88, and then to Dirty Dancing star Jennifer Gray, but Ryder, he said, was the one. Their eyes had met at the premiere of her Great Balls Of Fire movie, they'd later been introduced at the Chateau Marmont hotel (where John Belushi OD-ed) and had their first date at a party thrown by psychedelic guru Dr Timothy Leary, Ryder's godfather. Depp famously had Winona Forever tattooed on his arm (he already had a Betty Sue one, for his mum), later changing it to Wino Forever when they split.

Vanessa Paradis - definitely Fi>Fe, INTp is a possibility, not sure.

Kate Moss still looks gamma IMHO. Or at least not alpha (there is not a hint of playful and cheerful attitude.).

Winona Ryder - I have no idea! Seems like an Fi-dominant type when I stare at the picture.

Jennifer Grey seems IxFj to me. Can't explain why.

Sherilyn Fenn - Fe? or ENFp (I sometimes confuse friendly unpredictable Fe to the unpredictable but considerate ENFp behavior). They were engaged for 3 years and they probably dated for even longer.

It seems like hidden agenda all the way. (PS! I was typing Sherilyn when I noticed that every girl seemed to have Fi) INTp for Johnny Depp makes sense.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that all the gfs except Fenn are similar. All except Fenn seem xxfp and fenn seems like she either has a different F or is a j.

anyway i think it could say something about Depp's type.

He seems XXTp....

but I feel i am biased on male examples of xxFps because i only know female ones (for ESFp, ISFp, INTps). I think i know what male INFps are like..

what is a male ESFp like?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I THINK HE IS INTP

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depp: ISFp.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ISFp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read all the posts, but I can say that I remember this thread in SG's forum last year,
    and Johny Depp was probably an ISFP.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creative Fe without question. SEI makes a great deal of sense, but i wouldn't completely balk at IEI.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why? not seeing how this current avalanche of ISFp came about. Did you all see Pirates 3?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    why? not seeing how this current avalanche of ISFp came about. Did you all see Pirates 3?
    And Pirates 1 & 2, Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sleepy Hollow, and Nightmare on Elm Street, and I still think that he is ISFp.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm gonna stand by IEI. he just seems intuitive to me, not sensing. but whatever, everybody seems to at least agree on IP temperament.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    i'm gonna stand by IEI. he just seems intuitive to me, not sensing. but whatever, everybody seems to at least agree on IP temperament.
    I AGREE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's ISFp

I remember seen him on Jay Leno, I believe, and he was talking about how he prefers living in France because it's a better place (than the U.S.) to raise children due as their culture is superior, and he also spoke out against Bush's policies (i.e. war in Iraq I believe). ISFps, in my experience, wouldn't so readily make such statements.
    Also I remember reading that once he was smoking in a restaurant in London and a woman sitting nearby asked him to put out his cigarette, to which he replied "This isn't New York" and kept smoking, lol. After starring in "Blow" he spoke of how he disagreed with American drug laws and sympathized with the character he portrayed, who he felt was given too harsh a sentence.

Anyways he's definitely not a J type. Despite living for years, and having kids with his gf, he's still not married and it doesn't seem like him or his gf see any need to get married. Considering that his gf is supposedly INTp this makes sense. Supposing that his gf is INTp I think it also works against him being ISFp. I've seen INTp/ISFp interactions and they don't seem positive or stable at all.

Also he seems to carefully pick his roles in movies rather than just taking them. I've seen pretty much all of his movies and a lot of movies he's in seem to have darker roles. (by this I mean that his character requires him to act out uncomfortable subject matter.

Finally, he seems quite blatantly eccentric/weird, but at the same time everyone seems to like him and so such characteristics are seen in a positive manner. The only types that seem capable of consisting pulling this off, in my experience, are ENFps and INFps. Therefore I conclude that he is most likely either ENFp or INFp.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    And Pirates 1 & 2, Edward Scissorhands, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sleepy Hollow, and Nightmare on Elm Street, and I still think that he is ISFp.
    ok but like still... why? Considering the vast majority of his roles have been Ni or Ne dominant characters (Secret Window, Finding Neverland, The Libertine, The Ninth Gate etc.) and he's pulled them off well it implies that the directors that chose him knew what they were doing and he knew what he was doing. do you have any actual reasoning behind your conclusion or is it based on simple V.I.? (you have to understand that it's difficult to take people, that believe they can V.I. someone accurately without first meeting them in person, seriously.)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    I don't think he's ISFp

I remember seen him on Jay Leno, I believe, and he was talking about how he prefers living in France because it's a better place (than the U.S.) to raise children due as their culture is superior, and he also spoke out against Bush's policies (i.e. war in Iraq I believe). ISFps, in my experience, wouldn't so readily make such statements.
    Also I remember reading that once he was smoking in a restaurant in London and a woman sitting nearby asked him to put out his cigarette, to which he replied "This isn't New York" and kept smoking, lol. After starring in "Blow" he spoke of how he disagreed with American drug laws and sympathized with the character he portrayed, who he felt was given too harsh a sentence.

Anyways he's definitely not a J type. Despite living for years, and having kids with his gf, he's still not married and it doesn't seem like him or his gf see any need to get married. Considering that his gf is supposedly INTp this makes sense. Supposing that his gf is INTp I think it also works against him being ISFp. I've seen INTp/ISFp interactions and they don't seem positive or stable at all.

Also he seems to carefully pick his roles in movies rather than just taking them. I've seen pretty much all of his movies and a lot of movies he's in seem to have darker roles. (by this I mean that his character requires him to act out uncomfortable subject matter.

Finally, he seems quite blatantly eccentric/weird, but at the same time everyone seems to like him and so such characteristics are seen in a positive manner. The only types that seem capable of consisting pulling this off, in my experience, are ENFps and INFps. Therefore I conclude that he is most likely either ENFp or INFp.
    well said. and after seeing his interview with Rosie O'Donnell (link on Rick's website), he's definitely introverted, therefore infp. for sure! :-)

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Depp - ISFp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Johnny Depp

Gut feeling. Johnny Depp seems totally dominant. And his mannerisms reminded me of PotatoSpirit. And his voice is very ISTj! Strong deep, somewhat indifferent-sounding just like all ISTjs.

I updated this as well: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Johnny_Depp
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, you're just letting your infatuation influence your ideas.

Johnny Depp is an IEI if a beta.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This got me thinking ISTj. Doesn't seem to have in ego block, but responds well to so I'm thinking dominant.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3uOMPh0bs

This got me thinking ISTj. Doesn't seem to have in ego block, but responds well to so I'm thinking dominant.
    Beta Fe or Alpha Fe? Or are they the same in your eyes?

Either way, Johnny Depp is not an LSI.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Beta Fe or Alpha Fe? Or are they the same in your eyes?

Either way, Johnny Depp is not an LSI.
    Even considering possible social anxiety, he still fidgets WAY TOO MUCH for an dominant. I do know one ISFp who also fidgets, but it's always an expression of her emotional state. "What should I do, what should I do...*fidget*". But Johnny Depp is emotionally calm, but fidgets as a normal part of his body language! I just can't see him as ISFp!

And alpha is different from beta . It's weird and extravagant and expressive and chaotically "in the moment". And I usually become very serious when I have to deal with it. I don't see any in Johnny Depp. If he's type, he could only be an INFp who has picked the social role of a very serious person. But I still think ISTj is more likely. If he's definitely ISFp, then there's something about ISFps that I don't know. But you haven't convinced me that you aren't just quoting some general opinion.

He is cool, but I'm not infatuated. There are many other people I'd type as ISTj only because they look cool and cute and lovely. But not him.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI, Ni subtype. reminds me of infpman.

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Come down, I'll let you punch me if you strip for Implied!

But I do happen to find it curious that he was a self-cutter.

So is Shirley Manson and Adrienne Curry. I just try to understand it the similarities.
    Johnny Depp reminds me so much of my Brother that any time I see an interview with him it creeps me out.
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's an ISFp, but I could be convinced that he's INFp. As I understand, he likes to play practical jokes on people on the sets of movies he's on.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is Shirley Manson and Adrienne Curry. I just try to understand it the similarities.
    Ok, whatever.

I can't imagine an ISTj cutting himself.
    What do you think then? My impression of INFp is that they wouldn't cut themself.. but maybe starve? This is just pure speculation of course, just wanted to get your idea.

Also a disclaimer. I'm not trying to imply any sort of causation. There is very little causation that can be inferred from socionics, I'm more looking at correlation and what that tells us about the functions, if there is anything to tell.

I find it offensive that any of you try to make objective standards, causational or correlatory, for something that is so personal, especially when you already KNOW that it has nothing to do with type. I mean, I would hope it's obvious enough that something like cutting is completely unrelated to anything Socionics; if not, you need to refine your understanding of what Socionics really is really about.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    IEI, Ni subtype. reminds me of infpman.
    Yay, I always thought there was a certain something about me and that Hollywood has missed out on a star bigtime
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it curious, I try to rationalize it like I am predisposed to do. It is speculation, I don't mean to offend people's sense of ethics but sometimes I do. Socionics is not causation, but when we say certain types are predisposed to certain activities oh say.. saying insensitive things, or thinking about things in a object oriented manner. there are other people that are predisposed to other activities, which we can only speculate on.

I'm never going to say all X do Y, because that's simply stupid, but this is not a science of causation, and I am making some observations and asking for input.
    If you're gathering information on a correlation, and are saying more than "these people who are type x did y," then you're implying causation. If you say "these types are predisposed to cutting," then that is implied causation; not 1-1 causation, but the indication of a tendency that CLEARLY has shit to do with type. People who cut do so because either a) they don't get enough attention, or b) they love the endorphin rush and think of it as an "emotional release." Neither of these are directly related to type, but rather life experience.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand why expression of deep frustration can't be type-related. I would think that people behave in certain ways under extreme stress. And cutting themselves doesn't seem like something that all types would do with equal probability. I do realize that it's not clearly type-related, which is how it might have seemed. But I also think it doesn't fit the profile here. He's a young healthy adult with a successful life. He can do whatever he wants to get Se. He certainly has the monetary resources to go skiing in Sweden or hiking in India. So assuming he's an ISTj, why would he choose to sit at home and cut himself?! It just doesn't fit!
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand why expression of deep frustration can't be type-related. I would think that people behave in certain ways under extreme stress. And cutting themselves doesn't seem like something that all types would do with equal probability. I do realize that it's not clearly type-related, which is how it might have seemed. But I also think it doesn't fit the profile here. He's a young healthy adult with a successful life. He can do whatever he wants to get Se. He certainly has the monetary resources to go skiing in Sweden or hiking in India. So assuming he's an ISTj, why would he choose to sit at home and cut himself?! It just doesn't fit!
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    kristiina, you have increasingly no idea what you're talking about.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wife looks ESxx because she moves around so much! And the eyes move around so much. There's some Fe there, but that might not mean anything.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kristiina, the thing is that anybody of any type can be deeply frustrated. Maybe some things that frustrate one type might not frustrate another type, but I bet there are a lot of things that frustrate everyone of every type. And anyone can get frustrated. No type has a corner on that.

I could see wondering if *how* someone displays frustration could be type related, but even then I'd think something not Socionics related would account for that before Socionics. Unless you think people cut themselves to get attention, because some types might be more into getting attention than others. But I don't think all people who cut themselves do it for that reason. A lot of the time it's done simply out of hurt, and anyone can feel terribly hurt. I've read that people sometimes cause pain on the outside to try to make them stop thinking of the pain they have on the inside. I don't see how cutting for that reason would be type-specific because anyone can feel pain in the right (or rather wrong) circumstances.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're taking my words way too seriously, it's good to see you disagree.. But your aversion to even asking these questions surprises me. I'm think there are ethical concerns with making this kind of speculation which I'm going to keep in mind. But logically, I want to know why people cut, maybe interdisciplinary psychology can tell us something about this.
    Why would my aversion surprise you? I hope it's obvious to you at this point that I used to be a cutter, and I know people of varying types who cut/have cut, and given my sample, I don't think it's any more likely for any one type to cut than any other.

I've told you why people cut. They either feel neglected, so they deform themselves visibly in order to get attention, or they have stress or emotion management problems and feel a release when they cut. And some people simply like the endorphins. There, you have your cause; quit trying to pin it on type.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gut feeling. Johnny Depp seems totally dominant. And his mannerisms reminded me of PotatoSpirit. And his voice is very ISTj! Strong deep, somewhat indifferent-sounding just like all ISTjs.

I updated this as well: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Johnny_Depp
    A deep, low voice has nothing to do with being any particular type. Someone with a high voice could be Ti-dominant too. His manner in this video is a very good example of Ip temperament, I think, so if you're seeing evidence of Ti, it's probably not acc-Ti. Also, it seems his whole manner is crea-Fe; I don't see how you can say out of hand that he's not ego-block-Fe. You mention that he responds well to Fe; I assume you're referring to Rosie's compliments. Compliments are not the same as Fe, and taking a compliment well doesn't mean Fe is in one's dual block.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    But why choose that particular method of coping? I think that's what people are trying to understand.

I can't imagine myself ever intentionally hurting myself like that. When emotionally overwhelmed I might break something, or go out and run until I can't any longer, or something along those lines, but to turn it in on myself that way is unfathomable to me.

Why is it so unthinkable that how a person chooses to cope with a situation might have some origins in their type, even if not directly related to it? The reasoning behind it, the whys of it, would be more telling than the behavior itself obviously.
    Reasons for cutting, yes. Cutting itself, no.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast