View Poll Results: what is Johnny Depp's type?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 7.32%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 19.51%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 12.20%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 2.44%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.44%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

13 31.71%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 2.44%
  • SLI (ISTp)

2 4.88%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

9 21.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He has IJ-temperament. Which is quite obvious, when you look at him in interviews. He seems still, nervous about the situation and like he physically wants withdraw from interviewer. That's not at all, how Se-creative people with IJ-temperament come out as.
    I would disagree. His IP temperament is among the most obvious observable things. IJs appear stiff and inert and he does not. What you have observed is basic introversion, shyness and aversion to fame and publicity. His physical self-awareness and detachment suggests Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He values Fi.
    The only Fi valuing type I would consider is SiTe, which is what I would have typed him if I didn't know anything about him, since that's how he appears to me most of the time.

Also, FiNe would not make much sense when you take into consideration his relationship with SLE Marlon Brando. You can hear his subtle "Ne appraisal" of Brando's Ti in one of the Letterman interviews on youtube.

Why do you think he values Fi, by the way?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's some more evidence for IEI > SEI. If I understand correctly, Orlando Bloom is fairly commonly accepted as an SEI, correct? Certainly he's an Alpha SF at any rate, and I think it's fairly likely that he's SEI. Compare and contrast these interviews with Orlando Bloom with the videos of Johnny Depp:

Keira Knightley & Orlando Bloom Video Interview (Bloom's interview starts about halfway through, but notice how he's a little more reserved and even shy in his body language than Keira Knightly, who is pretty clearly an ESE.)

(Some interesting Mirror interaction with Bloom and Knightly.)

(Notice how Bloom makes sure to include LII Nicole Kidman in the conversation, in a very Alpha SF way.)

In all of the above videos, notice how Bloom seems very down-to-earth and "in the moment", and how physically relaxed and comfortable in his own skin he seems. His conversations centre on telling stories that happened to him, concrete events that he physically experienced (Si).

A few of the Depp interviews from this thread, collected here for easy review:

Notice how withdrawn and "in his head" he is, concentrating on abstract thoughts more than his immediate surroundings. He always appears somewhat physically uncomfortable. His conversations centre on abstract concepts like finding the "nature" of his characters and the meanings behind things, whereas when Bloom discusses acting at all it's about the physical aspect of imitating the movement of animals.

All wishful thinking aside (sorry Khola ), it seems pretty clear to me that Johnny Depp is IEI.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things like this interview make him really come off as SLI. He seems very calm, laid back and emotionally neutral, and the things he says about his growing up and his relations with the social and institutional system sound very aristocratic and Delta. I am starting to wonder if his acting career has shaped and transformed his public-image over time, and if SLI might actually not be a bad typing for Johnny himself.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    YouTube - Jonathan Ross interviews Johnny Depp (Part 1)
    YouTube - Jonathan Ross interviews Johnny Depp (Part 2)

Things like this interview make him really come off as SLI. He seems very calm, laid back and emotionally neutral, and the things he says about his growing up and his relations with the social and institutional system sound very aristocratic and Delta. I am starting to wonder if his acting career has shaped and transformed his public-image over time, and if SLI might actually not be a bad typing for Johnny himself.
    Never thought about that. He can be rather flamboyant for an SLI. I do like his independent streak.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not see Depp as an SLI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    So we agree then that Johnny Depp is whatever type people conveniently want him to be so that people can feel better about themselves?
    Yes. Except for me. I don't care, therefore I am right.

YouTube - Jonathan Ross interviews Johnny Depp (Part 1)
    YouTube - Jonathan Ross interviews Johnny Depp (Part 2)

I agree at least that he seems IP, but he's lacking a certain groundedness and "thereness" that comes with Si. You get the feeling that if the interviewer had suddenly slapped him in the face, Depp wouldn't notice until a few seconds later, as his mind is elsewhere.

Contrast that with interviews of Richard Dean Anderson, Viggo Mortensen, or Harrison Ford (all SLIs IMO), who are all very much "in the moment" and engaging with the things happening right around them.

I just don't see Si in Depp.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I could not see Depp as an SLI.
    Why?

So we agree then that Johnny Depp is whatever type people conveniently want him to be so that people can feel better about themselves?
    No, we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I agree at least that he seems IP, but he's lacking a certain groundedness and "thereness" that comes with Si. You get the feeling that if the interviewer had suddenly slapped him in the face, Depp wouldn't notice until a few seconds later, as his mind is elsewhere.

Contrast that with interviews of Richard Dean Anderson, Viggo Mortensen, or Harrison Ford (all SLIs IMO), who are all very much "in the moment" and engaging with the things happening right around them.

What you're describing sounds like Se, not Si. Si is inward focused.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WP I'm starting to wonder if you're SLI at all.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WP reminds me of my SLI E4 bro
    depp is the same type as jessica and eddy vedder

Creepy-

Hearing things he's said makes me think he's Delta, and watching him makes me think Ip. I definitely see Ne/Si-valuing, and I think there's a preference for Fi>Fe as well. I hadn't previously considered SLI for his type, but it's definitely worth considering imo....

Some choice quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Depp

I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you're on it.

I'm an old-fashioned guy... I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something.

If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.

People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.

There are necessary evils. Money is an important thing in terms of representing freedom in our world. And now I have a daughter to think about. It's really the first time I've thought about the future and what it could be.

There's a drive in me that won't allow me to do certain things that are easy.

Marlon Brando is maybe the greatest actor of the last two centuries. But his mind is much more important than the acting thing. The way that he looks at things, doesn't judge things, the way that he assesses things. He's as important as, uh... who's important today? Jesus, not many people... Stephen Hawking!

For me, ambition has become a dirty word. I prefer hunger.
    To be hungry-great. To have hopes, dreams-great.

Who knows what goes on underneath the table, outside the frame? I may have a feather duster down my pants. It's not necessarily sexual, either. If I'm having a difficult time with a scene, getting too serious, I like to take a handheld duster or maybe a wrench, shove it down my pants and play the scene that way. Any object that doesn't belong--it takes your mind off the seriousness of the situation. Just when you're bursting into tears you realize there's a dust mop in your shorts.

Vanessa and I have considered ourselves husband and wife since the day we moved in together. We just haven't gone through the formalities of legalising our union.

I read that I was in bed with her, which is a ton of shit. I have met her and it went like this: 'How do you do?' 'Hello, how are you?' Now when anyone asks about my affair with Madonna I say no, wrong - it was the Pope. He swept me off my feet.

LA is too fast, too pacy. There is too much of everything, just too much. In France, I can have distance and sort of see the game for what it is, rather than trying to understand it from the inside. I'm not swimming in the soup bowl. I'm not getting overcooked in that big stewpot.
    Fame, celebrity--it's not such a big deal in Europe. People seem to understand that you just have a weird job. They're not running after you, trying to carve chunks out of you. It's strange in the states. Most fans here are great, but there's a handful who have seen the movies and feel they know you. They think it's alright to touch you and ask personal questions.
    I have a funny relationship with my body...Ah, it sounds so stupid, but for me there shouldn't be any half way.

Creepy-male

After that tract, I sort of wonder if he's ESI.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's esi.

I never liked him.

cept in secret window. that was interesting.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arguing people's types never produces anything but confusion. Everyone has their biases; nobody ever convinces anyone of anything, and the sooner we just fucking accept that and find something interesting to bitch at each other about, the better IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WP I'm starting to wonder if you're SLI at all.
    Besides your comment being somewhat predictable and anticipated, was it that hard to address my question as well?

I'm not insisting he's SLI and I still have a few reasons to believe otherwise, I was just curious to hear YOURS.

I'll take that as a yes.
    Like I would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    After that tract, I sort of wonder if he's ESI.
    That's almost a preposterous suggestion. How anyone could see him as any sort of rational or Se ego is totally beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    cept in secret window. that was interesting.
    Yup, that film was super awesome. One of my favs of his.

Arguing people's types never produces anything but confusion.
    I strongly disagree. It clears things up, or at least has always got the potential to do so.

Everyone has their biases; nobody ever convinces anyone of anything, and the sooner we just fucking accept that and find something interesting to bitch at each other about, the better IMO.
    And right now you're bitching at us for something that is not even true.

Creepy-Cyclops

Arguing people's types never produces anything but confusion. Everyone has their biases; nobody ever convinces anyone of anything, and the sooner we just fucking accept that and find something interesting to bitch at each other about, the better IMO.
    I actually think there's something to this. It's difficult to get a lock on someone unless we meet them, even then is it always easy?

I've sometimes thought that arguing celebrities types never produces much but confusion either, although i've heard it said that maybe the exercise can be useful to see how other people apply socionics, perhaps more than the outcome itself.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strongly disagree. It clears things up, or at least has always got the potential to do so.

And right now you're bitching at us for something that is not even true.
    Well the hard evidence is on my side. Look at this thread: 15 pages, probably in the top 5% or so of threads on this ENTIRE forum in terms of thing, and not a single person has budged or changed their rationale. Sometimes I think I might be the only person in the world to "give up" an opinion about a person's type

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the answer to your question, WP, is that I simply couldn't. Just by seeing him. He just seems obviously Fe creative to me, based on subtle resemblances to other Fe creative types. I don't know how else to put it.

Great. now I look like a hypocrite Oh well, it's the truth.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny depp is just cool. I don't see why he couldn't be SLI but something about that typing doesn't work for some reason. Don't know why.

...and why have I been compared to Eddy Vedder twice now??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

johnny depp is hot hot hot and def IP Fe creative. i've never been able to narrow down whether he is Ni vs Si leading though...hard to do just from interviews and such.

hi everybody....i've missed you!!!! :-)

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome back I own the forum now

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the answer to your question, WP, is that I simply couldn't. Just by seeing him. He just seems obviously Fe creative to me, based on subtle resemblances to other Fe creative types. I don't know how else to put it.
    Fair enough. That's all I wanted to know.

Welcome back I own the forum now
    And his dick grew a little bigger as well.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post

What you're describing sounds like Se, not Si. Si is inward focused.
    I find your objection confusing. Si is external dynamics of fields, Ni is internal dynamics of fields. What that means is Si focuses on how the dynamics of the immediate physical surroundings affect the subject, whereas Ni focuses on how the dynamics of non-immediate, abstract things affect the subject. Johnny Depp does not seem focused on his immediate physical surroundings, to me; he's always focused on abstract ideas and intagible concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    Hearing things he's said makes me think he's Delta, and watching him makes me think Ip. I definitely see Ne/Si-valuing, and I think there's a preference for Fi>Fe as well. I hadn't previously considered SLI for his type, but it's definitely worth considering imo....

Some choice quotes:
    I suppose it's all a matter of interpretation. I thought those quotes sounded quite IEI.

Here's my take on them (Depp's quotes in bold)

I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you're on it.
    This sounds like Fe to me (you could rephrase it as: "the key to life is to have positive emotions").

I'm an old-fashioned guy... I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something.
    I can see how this could be Si, but the rest of the evidence seems to point to NiFe.

If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.
    I don't know, i think everyone in Hollywood has said something like this at one point or another.

People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.
    This is so Ni-Fe it hurts. Fe is internal dynamics of objects -- "worlds inside people." Applying that on a generalized, global scale ("human behaviour") rather than an individualized, personal scale links it to Ni > Si.

There are necessary evils. Money is an important thing in terms of representing freedom in our world. And now I have a daughter to think about. It's really the first time I've thought about the future and what it could be.
    I can see how this could be interpreted to mean weak Ni (as strong Ni types stereotypically think about the future a lot), but in context he's talking about a certain practical sense of "thinking about the future", related to money and such. I'd say he's talking about starting to realize the need for Te.

Marlon Brando is maybe the greatest actor of the last two centuries. But his mind is much more important than the acting thing. The way that he looks at things, doesn't judge things, the way that he assesses things. He's as important as, uh... who's important today? Jesus, not many people... Stephen Hawking!
    Once again, he's focused on internal things (Marlon Brando's mind). If he were Te, he would be focused on more practical, external concerns.

Who knows what goes on underneath the table, outside the frame? I may have a feather duster down my pants. It's not necessarily sexual, either. If I'm having a difficult time with a scene, getting too serious, I like to take a handheld duster or maybe a wrench, shove it down my pants and play the scene that way. Any object that doesn't belong--it takes your mind off the seriousness of the situation. Just when you're bursting into tears you realize there's a dust mop in your shorts.
    Again, very Ni-Fe. He doesn't care about the physical sensation of the feather duster (which would be Si), he cares about the abstract absurdity of the situation, and how that affects his internal emotional state (how Ni affects Fe).

LA is too fast, too pacy. There is too much of everything, just too much. In France, I can have distance and sort of see the game for what it is, rather than trying to understand it from the inside. I'm not swimming in the soup bowl. I'm not getting overcooked in that big stewpot.
    Fame, celebrity--it's not such a big deal in Europe. People seem to understand that you just have a weird job. They're not running after you, trying to carve chunks out of you. It's strange in the states. Most fans here are great, but there's a handful who have seen the movies and feel they know you. They think it's alright to touch you and ask personal questions.
    I have a funny relationship with my body...Ah, it sounds so stupid, but for me there shouldn't be any half way.
    In the first half of this, Depp is talking about taking a step back in order to see the big picture (N > S). The second part, where he seems uneasy about people touching him, sounds like weak Si/Se to me. Types strong in Si and Se may not want people touching them either, but they're too assertive about not letting that happen to complain about it much. Someone weak in Si/Se (like me) is almost helpless to prevent physical contact in an assertive way.

Well the hard evidence is on my side. Look at this thread: 15 pages, probably in the top 5% or so of threads on this ENTIRE forum in terms of thing, and not a single person has budged or changed their rationale.
    Well that's just because we're not done yet.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Johnny Depp

There seems to be a lot of disagreement about this type. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this matter. He seems to me very IXXP to me. In my opinion, most likely an IEI, SEI or an SLI.

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSI - it's common for conflict relations to be attracted to each other.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% ISFJ

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    There's a million threads on him, couldn't have used one of those? For fuck's sake.

ESI.
    I was too lazy to dig up old threads, haha.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fi is a role function of LSI; of course he's going to look a lot like ISFj; focus on the big picture: FOCUS.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why isfj?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really want to try to "explain" it to a great extent, because its mainly just how ISFJs are, so my opinion stands, on a foundation of obviousness. He's pretty serious, not emotively aware of himself or others, constant deep gazing to analyze one's internal emotion toward things to try to word them in a way that makes at least a little bit of sense, but is indifferent to others' interpretation, until someone "connects." Definitely not go-with-the-flow. Idea towards life is more along the lines of selfishness/don't give a crap about what anyone else thinks. I don't think he meant it in a bad way, either, just exactly how Fi-dom tends to be: emotional dignity must start and end with the self. Call them 'personal sentiments' if you wish.

I don't know whytf everyone has trouble typing IxFJs or Fi/Te people in general. Bob Dylan is another ISFJ. I think Johnny Depp seems a lot friendlier, being the same type and subtype, so iow "easygoingness is NTR."

His mannerisms personally remind me a lot of ISFJ James Franco--if you get a chance watch some of their movies or interviews.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Johnny Depp is overrated. I know a lot of girls like him, but I never understood why.

Nevertheless, he is one of the few actors whom I think possess his own personality and is comfortable in his own skin without been pretentious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI IMO, very laid back, warm and amicable. Also makes sense with his long term collaboration with Tim Burton (ILE)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Fi is a role function of LSI; of course he's going to look a lot like ISFj; focus on the big picture: FOCUS.
    Which is why you come off a lot like INTj, or why I come off a lot like ESFp. Try harder.

Anywho, I don't totally get the argument for INFp. The only other INFp I could remotely see a connection to him is Jack White, but White comes off as more receptive and overall more inflectional than Depp.

fwiw, try this on for size:

Also yeah, look for threads about people before you make your own. This goes out to everybody else, there's too much of this happening already.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP is such a ridiculous and uneducated typing for him, what you're seeing--said "warmth and friendliness" is not Fe, it's him being a human and nice guy, and just how I would come across too. I could at least begin to understand something that's not alpha. If Depp honestly makes you think alpha, then I can't imagine there's hope for you yet, to successfully apply this stuff to most humans. And also wondering what you're typing the real Fe-valuing ISFPs, or if you're discarding them out of uncertainty. For a few examples to get you started on the basic difference, best bet is to look here http://gallery.socionix.com/Alpha/. VI wise, I can immediately sense the omission of Fe from these introverts, like its something that actually enters their mind, and isn't just "well Fe is 'turned off' because they're so introverted."

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    I think Johnny Depp is overrated. I know a lot of girls like him, but I never understood why.
    Hmm, you're probably right. I haven't really paid attention to the hype, but think he's a pretty cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    VI Pics.
    Yep, your Se-ISFJ expression looks like Depp, and your Ni-INFP expression looks like Burton, and they both express like others of the same type. Go figure. VI works!

Notice Depp and the Se-ISFJ pic has those "laser vision" eyes, that were talked about a while ago, and the Fe eyes are more foggy (or what I tend to call emotionally peripheral.) I think those visuals tend to be pretty true, but I'm only mentioning it because its the basic of the basics and figure someone might relate to it lol.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO the.pictures Galen posted both have very.different energy than Depp, much less emotionally present on my radar, more contained ; Depp feels more vulnerable and.optimistic to me. The one on the right has more of his presence but not the same, still more emotionally subdued feeling.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Galen he VIs quite a bit like you IMO although he has more emotional energy about him.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LEY EVERYONE NOTE that the people who 'learned' Socionics from Ashton/frequented his forum all strongly share an opinion and are unwilling to consider alternatives despite everyone disagreeing with them. Let everyone take note.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Which is why you come off a lot like INTj, or why I come off a lot like ESFp. Try harder.

Anywho, I don't totally get the argument for INFp. The only other INFp I could remotely see a connection to him is Jack White, but White comes off as more receptive and overall more inflectional than Depp.

fwiw, try this on for size:

Also yeah, look for threads about people before you make your own. This goes out to everybody else, there's too much of this happening already.
    You don't come off as SEE at all, Galen.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LEY EVERYONE NOTE that the people who 'learned' Socionics from Ashton/frequented his forum all strongly share an opinion and are unwilling to consider alternatives despite everyone disagreeing with them. Let everyone take note.
    maybe i'm wrong, but i don't even think Ashton is this diehard about it. it doesn't look like there's room for discussion here.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw the second video from the bottom - Introtim, (and by consequence, ) valuing as all hell, there's no way I'm throwing him in a Judicious quadra.

I like Irrational, and I've been thinking about ILI, Ni-ILI to be exact, along with Jimi Hendrix, and the more I think about it, the more I like it...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly troll has left his dinner.

That's obviously wrong in my case, I think you have it backwards. When I first started coming to the forums I looked at many of others' perspectives on Socionics, to see which had the most validity and consistency, and after great lengths of back and forth uncertainty, gauging the possibilities of what each IE could or should look like, I decided that Ashton knows more about this stuff than anyone I've seen here, for whatever magical reason. I adopted into the idea of SEI as Depp's type because it was "popular opinion," but after seeing real Fe-creatives and by contrast real Fi-dominants in real life, there's no chance. You don't just turn away from the truth.

Anyway, your VI skills are still horrible.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast