View Poll Results: what is Johnny Depp's type?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

3 7.32%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

8 19.51%
  • EIE (ENFj)

5 12.20%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 2.44%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.44%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

13 31.71%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 2.44%
  • SLI (ISTp)

2 4.88%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

9 21.95%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Depp

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Depp is SEI.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Wow, jake agrees with Ashton and can only highlight quotes to explain himself? Surprise!

I think Im just going to replace all of your posts with links to Ashley's wikisocion page.
    Excuse me, but that was not my only post in this thread.

Turns out that quotes come directly from the motha fucka's mouth and are quite relevent. If you can't interpret the quotes for yay or nay, then are you really sure you enjoy socionics?

What are you trying to prove, Gilly? All I see is that Ashton musta hurt ur wittle ickle feelings and now you want to use me as a punching bag for your angst.

Stop it, you're repulsing me.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if Im feeble-minded enough for anything he says to actually affect me beyond his idiocy making me lose faith in humanity. Dont put me on your level.

Quotes from Johnny Depp add about as much to your case as his swami's take on his future until you actually explain how you are interpreting them and how they imply a type.

As for your other "evidence," well, I was going to do you the courtesy of forgetting that you think his particular brand of hippy-chique is evidence for being ESI.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Yeah, but Fi-ers don't think of it as labeling. In fact if you ask them about their judgements its likely you'll hear, "Idk, its justs how I feel. I can't explain it, theres people you like and people you just don't. Its chemistry."
    Do you mean just Fi egos, or Fi quadra? I'm a Fi valuer, and nobody has ever heard from me anything remotely like what you've said, "I can't explain it, it's just chemistry". On the contrary, I know very well why I like some people and I dislike others; my list in the "Hugo" thread was just a glimpse of that.

And I think lots of people here who we both agree are Fi valuers, or even Fi egos, would agree.

From my own point of view, to say something like " I can't explain it, theres people you like and people you just don't. Its chemistry" is pathetic. So you don't like someone and don't even know why?

When I hear that from other people about me, "oh I don't know why I don't like you, I guess we're incompatible due to chemistry etc", I think they're just being contemptible.
    Last edited by Expat; 05-15-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that I don't think that "not wanting to be labeled" means "not Ti friendly." In fact doesn't Fi label? And cast seemingly more permanent character judgments?
    That is exactly how I see it (and that was the point I was making in my old "laser beams" Fi description).
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quotes from Depp:

"Anything I've done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."

"France, and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing though is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster."

"I am doing things that are true to me. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled."

"I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it. "

"The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants."

"There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love."

"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying."

These quotes support introversion and strong and valued Si well.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of that is actually pretty deep in a way you'd expect from an intuitive.

My general impression was that of an INFp. His level of sophistication is just higher than that of ISFps tends to be.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    You didn't really just say that did you?

Oh wait, how silly of me, I forgot that ISFps were shallow and unsophisticated. :redface:
    yeah I didn't think that was very fair either.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about this, but that won't do this post any good. I don't know how to explain why Fe creative is so clear to me. The constant play of his expressions, the shy little smiles, the overall softness, etc. And I don't see a glaring iciness... though I do see an intensity...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO. This thread makes me laugh. Do you people actually... know anything about the guy? Johnny Depp is not an S. And he's most certainly not a T.

He's an INFP (or, I guess in these terms IEI).

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Some of that is actually pretty deep in a way you'd expect from an intuitive.

My general impression was that of an INFp. His level of sophistication is just higher than that of ISFps tends to be.
    So sensing types can't be deep and sophisticated? That's such an old and false stereotype... or should I say an "MBTI stereotype".
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ temperment is clearly visible in the way that he just sits so damn still. Ne POLR is the next noticable trait. He refuses to watch his own movies even after people tell him he was really good. He underestimates his own abilities consistantly, and will not even put forth any effort to touch on the subject is clearly a smack on his POLR. ESI is just way too clear of a typing for him.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
    Ne POLR is the next noticable trait. He refuses to watch his own movies even after people tell him he was really good. He underestimates his own abilities consistantly, and will not even put forth any effort to touch on the subject is clearly a smack on his POLR.
    creative involves refusing to pay attention to what he actually did?

(I'd use the equals sign, but that's been abused by others.)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be paying attention to what things are as in the way you percieve them through your senses. As far as is concered he acted a specific part in a movie, did this, and that, but as far as its' value, or meaning is concerned that is saved for the realm of his polr. How would manage to sense good? How does good manifest itself in the physical realm? on the other hand would see what he did/doing, but pay more attention to the affect it has on the surroundings. An valuer would probably want to attend the showing of their own movie to get a sense on the effect their performance had, and would even notice it during filming. They also value and would be actively looking for someone who might bring a sense on meaning, and/or the unoticed positive, and/or negitive qualities to light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnny Depp isn't an S, I know that much. I don't know much about socionics, but I know that Johnny Depp is an NF. Here's a few things:

He always talks about going for the "essence" of his characters. If he were an S, he would go for the details more in his acting and that's something that he has said many times that he DOESN'T do.

He claimed to come in contact with dead spirits when he was younger, trying to communicate with them and help them. That screams NF.

He lived in his imagination as a child, which also tells me he was an NF. S's live in the real world around them and their surroundings.

Of course, here are some quotes that tell me he's NF:

"Anything I've done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."

"People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people."

"The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants."

"The beauty, the poetry of the fear in their eyes. I didn't mind going to jail for, what, five, six hours? It was absolutely worth it." (This is what Johnny said after getting into a fight with a bunch of paparazzi and managing to scare them. Who but an NF would describe such an encounter in the terms of 'poetry'?)

He's an NF, clearly. Johnny Depp can't be anything else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worlds inside people, sounds like a clear cut case of Ni to me. Too bad he is also a clear cut case of IJ temperment, and unforturnately there are no NF IJ temperment Ni egos. Sounds like he is into his HA an awful lot to me.

Creepy-male

Worlds inside people, sounds like a clear cut case of Ni to me. Too bad he is also a clear cut case of IJ temperment, and unforturnately there are no NF IJ temperment Ni egos. Sounds like he is into his HA an awful lot to me.
    XIIs can use Ni extensively as a vehicle for communicating their base function's ideals. Jennifer Dianne Reitz springs to mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does not make any sense. We do not CHOOSE to bring our ID into focus, it must be forced in. As far as we are concerned that is a job left for someone else.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the people who say he's IEI. It seems pretty obvious after watching a couple interviews. I can see where the people who say SEI are coming from, but he's too abstract and generalized in his thinking to be an S type.

I really don't know where this ESI idea is coming from. Sure he's still, but he's still in the way that a leaf floating on the surface of still water is still, not in the way that a boulder rooted in the ground is still. If that makes any sense.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I agree with the people who say he's IEI. It seems pretty obvious after watching a couple interviews. I can see where the people who say SEI are coming from, but he's too abstract and generalized in his thinking to be an S type.
    Exactly. I'm not sure if the fact that someone as big-idea oriented and abstract as Johnny is being mistyped as S is supposed to make me laugh or scratch my head.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not heard one big idea out of the mouth of johnny depp.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're all retarded. He is SEI. The end.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    +1

Depp/Burton - SEI/ILE duality FTW

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI or IEI; he does have an earthiness, a "there-ness" that I don't really think is typical of IEIs, and I can't really see him responding well to Se, so I lean SEI, but I don't think he's what one would call an archetypal example.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bret Mckenzie: Si ISFp...
    I think Bret is EII. The "warmth" you speak of .. could it not be the constancy of Fi? I think he comes off as "fun" and "energetic" etc.. because of Ne. He seems to be good at making his answers interesting - not necessarily answering them straightforwardly. Well Si is naturally boring, don't you know? I'm not sure what you're seeing when you speak of Depp's stonyness/icyness .. seems to me like you can see pretty much what he's feeling at any given moment. He's not really projecting a sense of fun like Mckenzie, not really trying to establish a connection with his interviewer or audience - just being natural.
    "With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying."
    How do you think this would contradict an Fe point of view?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    +1

Depp/Burton - SEI/ILE duality FTW
    I am not discrediting the SEI typing, but even if Depp was an IEI, he would have mostly favorable mirage relations with Tim Burton.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the record, I think stillness for IJs is from creative not so much creative types. As to his type, I'm not saying this applies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Just for the record, I think stillness for IJs is from creative not so much creative types. As to his type, I'm not saying this applies.
    Stillness still applies for creative types, since these types cultivate self-control as means of compensating for that weak .
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Stillness still applies for creative types, since these types cultivate self-control as means of compensating for that weak .
    What does self control have to do with or Se-PoLR if not creative "slave to dominant"? I still think self control is there for all IJs, but more so for ISJs because is forced to serve the IJ temperament, where as whatever control over the apparent situation is close to meaningless for INJs. Even though control over oneself does apply to the apparent situation, I would think the dominant elements of and would have more to do with the IJ temperament, and it wouldn't necessarily propose one is controlled, but one isn't for the sake spontaneous, nor is he or she so active like extroverts. There is less expectation for physical behavior.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Reminds me of something annoying. . . Marcus Aurelius. (The self-control thing, in regards to INxjs I mean)
    Annoying? If you would prefer EIIs and LIIs to have less self-control, we could always become more like your conflictor and supervisor.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What does self control have to do with or Se-PoLR if not creative "slave to dominant"? I still think self control is there for all IJs, but more so for ISJs because is forced to serve the IJ temperament, where as whatever control over the apparent situation is close to meaningless for INJs. Even though control over oneself does apply to the apparent situation, I would think the dominant elements of and would have more to do with the IJ temperament, and it wouldn't necessarily propose one is controlled, but one isn't for the sake spontaneous, nor is he or she so active like extroverts. There is less expectation for physical behavior.
    Self-control is a highly important theme for Se-PoLR types. Self-control for Se-PoLR types is about protecting themselves from a world of . Self-control is less about "control over the apparent situation" for Se-PoLR types as it is control over their own self in thought and action. It is also used as a means of achieving an ideal model lifestyle of self-discipline. As Diana said, self-control forms the central line of thinking for stoic thinkers like Marcus Aurelius (EII), Zeno of Citium (EII), and Chrysippus (LII).
    Last edited by Logos; 08-02-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is all about doing what is true to him, types are more about having some kind of effect. I honestly do not see how they have anything of a dual relationship. They hardly say a word to each other. For christ sakes, he even talks about how he leaps before he looks in that one interview. Sounds like he would have done well to have a dominate warn him about not taking singing lessons.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is all about doing what is true to him, types are more about having some kind of effect. I honestly do not see how they have anything of a dual relationship. They hardly say a word to each other. For christ sakes, he even talks about how he leaps before he looks in that one interview. Sounds like he would have done well to have a dominate warn him about not taking singing lessons.
    haha have you ever experienced duality? words are not needed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but this statement is essentially true for all types.

An ESE with an Ni-PoLR will frequently leap into projects without thinking things through thoroughly, but having an Ni dominant warn an ESE does not always end with the best results. Instead, Ne-types "soften the blow" of Ni judgments for Si-types. Perhaps it would go without saying that weak Ni does not make an ESI.
    Johari Box

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't so much that he didn't look before he leaped, but that he looked at two possible paths (taking singing lessons and "getting the essence of the character") and chose the more artsy, NF path, rather than the more technical NT path.

Notice how he called it an "ignorant decision" rather than saying anything about a lack of foresight. That sounds more like vulnerable Te than Role Ni, to me.

"Once again I made an ignorant decision. I just thought it best, as opposed to learning how to be a singer I thought it would be better to learn how to be the character. I thought I should find the character before I stood in front of a piano and did scales."

In other words, he preferred to learn the character's inner dynamics rather than outer skills (Fe>Te).

I still think he's IEI. Maaaybe some kind of weird SEI, but really, "weird SEI" = IEI.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is all about doing what is true to him, types are more about having some kind of effect.
    You don't think he's trying to have an affect on people? And please if you don't think Fe types want to do what's true for them, you have some serious learning to do.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, no. You are retarded. Johnny Depp isn't an S. .

Interviews like that and pretty much everything Johnny Depp has said in his career represent everything it means to be an intuitive and go against the very essence of what it means to be a sensor.

So, Khola. Actually learn a bit about Johnny Depp before you go making a fool of yourself.

Oh, yea. Johnny's an IEI.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't care? Also you're wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't care?
    A question mark? You're not sure whether you care or not? That's too bad.

Oh yea. You're wrong, btw.

When I look at videos of him on youtube, I see a FiNe.

So what are the observations, that people have in said about him:

He has IJ-temperament. Which is quite obvious, when you look at him in interviews. He seems still, nervous about the situation and like he physically wants withdraw from interviewer. That's not at all, how Se-creative people with IJ-temperament come out as.

Compare Johnny Depp...

to an actual FiSe:

He values Fi.

He values Si/Ne.

He's intuitive.

Also I get beneficiary vibes from, which are positive on women, but less flattering on men. Basically he seems like a wimp. I mean in Pirates of the Caribian he seems more like a butt-pirate than a real pirate, and he's not even wearing pantihose like Errol Flynn

It all adds up to FiNe.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    A question mark? You're not sure whether you care or not? That's too bad.

Oh yea. You're wrong, btw.
    I don't know if I care because I was distracted early in the piece by Depp hotness and mild apathy at the same time? Let's hug ^_^

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast