Thread: IEIs/INFps, how do you use your Ni?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps, how do you use your Ni?

I keep testing as INFJ on MBTI tests.

Would you mind sharing some self knowledge with me to see if perhaps I might belong here?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    You're INTj. Or at least an extreme logical type.
    The equivalent of that statement is that I have underdeveloped feeling functions. That could have many reasons.

Herzy, how do you seek Ni, what does it mean to you? What attracks you to it, if at all?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it's because I all over the place, and I need some sort of counterbalance for it all. When I get the , I do less random ing, and I actually think before I do things.

And I am very attracted to , kind of for the reasons as mentioned above. Otherwise, I can't really explain it, because it's not a concious thing that I do. So I guess that means that I like it, simply because I like it.
    How do you know that you have received Ni? How do you spot it in the environment or yourself?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that little fuzzy, happy-euphoria feeling. I feel like laughing in a weird stupor, even if it's not funny.

At least that's what it's like from the Beta types. It's different when it's not paired with . I'll explain that a little later if you'd like, because I have stuff to do now!
    Cool, whenever you get a chance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not Beta, so I don't know if I should be responding, but for me Ni just is. I don't know anything else.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    I'm not Beta, so I don't know if I should be responding, but for me Ni just is. I don't know anything else.
    I mean can you perhaps give some examples?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    That's kind of difficult because I don't think I know how to differentiate it from my self, because my brain always acts with Ni.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you use Ni? Can you differentiate from your self?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's kind of difficult because I don't think I know how to differentiate it from my self, because my brain always acts with Ni.
    I am sorry, I don't quite understand that. In what way does your brain act with NI always?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I experience everything intuitively? Like I said, it's hard for me to explain. If your brain knows nothing else, how can it know what its not?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps Collectively: We don't know.

I don't really know how I use consciously, so this will sound chaotic and spacey... Like, a strange architectural sense of time and the potential associations with times. I get a sense I'm moving towards something vague and beautiful, and I have no idea what. It's almost like I'll eventually end up in a dream of some sort. I've got plenty of "dream images" locked away from rocking between sleep and wake from when I was really young, that sort of haunt me and emerge every now and then when they're triggered by a thought/idea/music.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a stupid question...if you are intj, which is TiNe....how does your brain "always act with Ni"? Are you referring to it as your 8th function?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, Ni is about having knowledge what will happen in 10 min, in an hour, in the evening... I know because I've been there already, in my thoughts. Time-scale is not that important, so what I think will happen in 10 min, might happen in 30 min...

This is somewhat similar to how my INFp sister described it long ago. I can't remember what she said exactly, but I'm pretty sure she "sees" how time will move on.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@anndelise

Yeah, I had a fever and had taken some woozy inducing medicine at that time. Even I don't know what I meant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI subtype

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    For me, Ni is about having knowledge what will happen in 10 min, in an hour, in the evening... I know because I've been there already, in my thoughts. Time-scale is not that important, so what I think will happen in 10 min, might happen in 30 min...
    I think you mean "what I want to do in 10 mins", right?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My is mystical like a pyramide in Egypt, though I am not a Lyricist. But I get those hunches. I will have this wierd shakening over my body and I will get some info from my unconciousness. Suddenly I will understand something. I see people's future usually. Somewhere in my unconciousness there is a lot of material about people and laws how they interact and behave in diferent situations, so my has a capacity to it and it tells me when something will happen, because it has noticed something abnormal from usual. My Intuition of Time is in the ID block, but sometimes my EGO weakens and those last functions become concious.

I see as how from A becomes B . A dynamic process. Like how young blueyesed people will become into unhappy adults. What actions will lead them to that. Like a movie is runing ahead of your eyes.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb'07
    My is mystical like a pyramide in Egypt, though I am not a Lyricist. But I get those hunches. I will have this wierd shakening over my body and I will get some info from my unconciousness. Suddenly I will understand something. I see people's future usually. Somewhere in my unconciousness there is a lot of material about people and laws how they interact and behave in diferent situations, so my has a capacity to it and it tells me when something will happen, because it has noticed something abnormal from usual. My Intuition of Time is in the ID block, but sometimes my EGO weakens and those last functions become concious.

I see as how from A becomes B . A dynamic process. Like how young blueyesed people will become into unhappy adults. What actions will lead them to that. Like a movie is runing ahead of your eyes.
    What is your type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ann: I hope you realize that for Introverts the functions are more of a jumbled mess as opposed to being distinctly seperated like in Extraverts.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-pokeball

I had an idea for what the summary of Ni is the other week. I gotta go but leaving this here til I remember again

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I had an idea for what the summary of Ni is the other week. I gotta go but leaving this here til I remember again
    You waste our time.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    @ann: I hope you realize that for Introverts the functions are more of a jumbled mess as opposed to being distinctly seperated like in Extraverts.
    Um...it's a jumbled mess for Extraverts as well.

Perhaps because one can really only talk theoretically about individual functions. It's kind of like talking about a person's walk by only talking about the swing of her right arm...maybe even how it affects the swish of her hair, or the way her left foot comes off the ground. There's a whole lot of stuff being connected, but somehow people tend to manage splitting up the parts so they can talk about the structure/dynamics/relationships between one part and another.

Unfortunately, we have a linear language which can't even begin to describe what's going on in the mind....whether one is extrovert or introvert. However, just like in language, if one understands the terms being used, one can hopefully learn to communicate clearer.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby

I don't really know how I use consciously, so this will sound chaotic and spacey... Like, a strange architectural sense of time and the potential associations with times. I get a sense I'm moving towards something vague and beautiful, and I have no idea what. It's almost like I'll eventually end up in a dream of some sort. I've got plenty of "dream images" locked away from rocking between sleep and wake from when I was really young, that sort of haunt me and emerge every now and then when they're triggered by a thought/idea/music.
    Baby, I just read this description. Wow. It's absolutely beautiful.
    NiTe | Socionix

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby

Baby, I just read this description. Wow. It's absolutely beautiful.
    Sarah, how do you use your Ni? What does it look like, feel like?

Creepy-pokeball

You waste our time.
    Excuse me? I was going to relate it to music and oceans but nevermind now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You waste our time.
    Excuse me? I was going to relate it to music and oceans but nevermind now.
    I want to hear it!
    NiTe | Socionix

Creepy-pokeball

Like music or waves, I see Ni as being able to sense the undulations across time. For every rise and fall throughout the timeline, Ni still asks what is missing and when it will arrive in order to fulfill the will of change. Ni is like change. When something changes, some things die and some things are born anew.

This is where Se comes in. I see dual pairs as the moon in rotation. They are one in the same but have different faces as it rotates. Se is related to Ni because it is the force behind these undulations.