Thread: Michael Fassbender

TIM
    Ti-ILE, 6w5- sp.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michael Fassbender

"Michael Fassbender (born 2 April 1977) is a German-Irish actor. He is well-known for three roles, having played Lieutenant Archie Hicox in the film Inglourious Basterds (2009), Magneto in the superhero film X-Men: First Class (2011), and the android David in the science fiction film Prometheus (2012).
    His other credits include the fantasy action film 300 (2007); the drama film Fish Tank (2009); the romantic drama film Jane Eyre (2011); the historical film A Dangerous Method (2011), directed by David Cronenberg, in which he plays psychologist Carl Jung; as well as the biographical film Hunger (2008) and the drama film Shame (2011), both directed by Steve McQueen. For his role in Shame, he won the Volpi Cup best-actor award at the 68th Venice International Film Festival held in August 2011 along with being nominated for a Golden Globe Award and BAFTA."

Last edited by silke; 07-16-2020 at 11:16 PM. Reason: updated videos

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with the cool guy sentiment. I get some sort of IP from him, probably Sx-primary as well.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's amaaazing!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI or SLI; more likely SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-pokeball

Sometimes he has gingervitis...

and sometimes he has kickassitis.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

sounds dynamic IP + positivist, which means either ISTp or INFp
    I'm inclined towards SLI-Te (sx/sp) typing for him

some of his quotes:

"I write a list of characteristics down on the page. From those characteristics, I tick the ones I think I have available to myself, and then the ones that I don't... I find them. They're in there somewhere. We're all pretty much the same. We're all built up of the same things. So it's just a matter of investigating and being honest with yourself. And then hopefully doing justice to people you're trying to portray -- and never judging them."

"I think we're all pretty capable of doing pretty hideous things. And then we're also capable of humanity and positivity. In "Fish Tank," Connor the character is very much the catalyst for Mia to get up and out of there. He was the only person in her life that was giving her some sort of confidence and telling her that she was special and that she should follow her dreams. And then of course, he breaches the line and abuses that trust. But he brings a lot of good into her life as well. And that's the thing. It's not so clear cut and there's a lot of grey areas that are interesting to investigate.

"It's hard to pinpoint any one thing. By spending a lot of time with them in terms of the script, you start to try and understand behavioral patterns. And by doing that you start to reflect on yourself and you look around those in and around you. You just try and understand. I think that's sort of a major part of my job. Not necessarily to have all the answers, but to try and understand their motivations. When you get that, then you figure out what sort of moral compass they have and how that differs from you. Those sort of questions you ask yourself. This is all kind of boring because it's all my homework."

"And I think it's down to a society that's quite driven by anxiety. People are confused. It's an overload of information. So people sort of have strange ways of expressing themselves through out those mediums. It's this whole idea of access to excess. That's basically what we have."

"But I think a lot of us in this world are trying to figure out what we're doing here, how we relate to each other and how we relate to ourselves. Why do we do certain things and what sparks those motivations or those actions? It's always interesting just to investigate those things. Again, I'd be lying if I said I had any of the answers to these things. But it's just good to be asking the questions and be provoking these thoughts."

"And that's what I think is interesting about these two projects. And that's what interests me with most things. To have ambiguous characters that aren't sort of clear cut in being good or bad. Now the audience is mostly in a very safe place. They know who they should be rooting for and it's all very easy to sit there and eat your popcorn and not be challenged. Whereas I think films like this are more challenging to the audience. They have to participate more. And that's what excites me personally."

"I'll give you the similarities between them first, because I think it's more interesting, really. Because they have hugely different personalities... I'm sure you noticed that from just meeting them. But what's great is that they love working with actors. And they both have a real interest in the human condition. Both of them are always investigating and asking questions. They're also both very intelligent people and very aware of the world around them. And very highly read, and also very confident in themselves... Which is a great attribute to have as a leader. People will follow you if you're not afraid to look stupid or vulnerable or feminine or nerdish. This is life, and this is happening, and it shouldn't be shied away from. It shows a great amount of strength. And on top of it all, they have a great sense of humor. We have a lot of fun on set and I think they trust me because they know I go away and I do my homework and I come to the table with something. It might not be the right thing, but I'm trying something out. It's a very collaborative experience."

"In terms of Freud and Jung, we take for granted a lot of the teachings these guys are the forefathers of. The idea that our bodies are responsible for so many things in childhood. How we relate to excrement, anus, parents, vagina, penis... Nobody was dealing with these sort of things in the early 1900s. And Freud was like, "This is going to reoccur in your adult life because of the experiences you had with this in your formative years." This is a language we understand very well now because it's part and parcel with our everyday lives. The idea of an introverted personality or an extroverted personality comes from Jung."

Last edited by silke; 07-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump, because he has come in conversations lots.

SEI, SLI. any others?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hot-in-the-wrong-way type?

but also, ENFp

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE, I know someone that act a lot the same and even look a lot same.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

EIE-Fe

(And this typing isn't just based on V.I., I've watched a big number of interviews with him before.
    But one V.I thing I could point out, is his intense smile in the first picture which is characteristic of Fe lead, in particular EIE-Fe.)
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is ILI-Te.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    EIE-Fe

(And this typing isn't just based on V.I., I've watched a big number of interviews with him before.
    But one V.I thing I could point out, is his intense smile in the first picture which is characteristic of Fe lead, in particular EIE-Fe.)
    That's an interesting type for Fassbender! Some of his facial expressions remind me of Tom Hiddleston. How would you type him?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wouldn't surprise me if he values Fe

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assbender

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si lead is not an unreasonable typing for him...

bump!

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples