Thread: ILI-IEE love mirage relations (INTp and ENFp)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI-IEE love mirage relations (INTp and ENFp)

I know it can happen because I've been there. I'd like to get ILIs perspective, though.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think @InvisibleJim has had quite a few experiences with IEEs.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I know it can happen because I've been there. I'd like to get ILIs perspective, though.
    You'll need to be more specific.

korpsey once had an IEE gf.tell 'em korpsey @!!@!!!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it can happen because I've been there.
    Never had any IEE "romantic" relationship, but they strike me as nice companions, providing what I'd describe as social services, much appreciated.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Never had any IEE "romantic" relationship, but they strike me as nice companions, providing what I'd describe as social services, much appreciated.
    what is that supposed to mean?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    talking during sex. social and services. not recommended during blow jobs (take my word for it-- "blarghsjhaskjhalsll*choke*")

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE's fuck on the first date.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    IEE use Fi and all users with Fi will value not sleeping on the first date. Their Ne will make them think about the possible sexual positions but no Fi user will have sex on the first date. SEE have sex on the first date because they use Se base and they jump into action without thinking.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post
    IEE use Fi and all users with Fi will value not sleeping on the first date. Their Ne will make them think about the possible sexual positions but no Fi user will have sex on the first date. SEE have sex on the first date because they use Se base and they jump into action without thinking.

your theory doesn't comply with my practice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and the academy award for best maritsa impression goes to..

Quote Originally Posted by Roro View Post

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved IEE once. It was fine until she broke up with me and explained me how it's all my fault. She was too demanding for me

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw. Care to explain?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by specdurrr View Post
    Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by specdurrr View Post
    @Roro is a great actress.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    i wouldnt, so dont generalize

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw. Care to explain?
    Yeah, IEEs really enjoy making dramas and the SLIs are well equipped to not give a fuck about it and to put the IEEs in their place.
    I however give too much of a fuck. IEEs are cute but not for long.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravolez View Post
    Yeah, IEEs really enjoy making dramas and the SLIs are well equipped to not give a fuck about it and to put the IEEs in their place.
    I however give too much of a fuck. IEEs are cute but not for long.
    Here here.

The main difficulty in the IEE ILI relationship is the IEEs require for drama versus the ILI requirement for consistency.

The ILI is seen as dull to the IEE because they don't vary, they like a consistent story and philosophy (Ni does this).

The IEE is seen as drama prone and inconsistent to the ILI because they continue through alternative premises and interpretations onto the table (Ne does this).

However, this hasn't stopped me being once engaged to an IEE and also currently seeing one. I'm a bleeding heart optimist and I guess it plays to my victim romance style, something, something?

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you happy?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've never known one who has either.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you happy?
    Life is more complicated than sweeping emotional statements.

You will find that ILI has little tolerance for emo hair splitting.

Broadly, yes.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on... emo sutff? No way.

Happiness in life is a legitimate issue, it's no drama at all. Is that how Fe PoLR manifestates? You dislike to talk about anything emotion-related?

In my experience, ILIs are WAY more emotive than what they want to admit. Girls of this type are among the sweetest I've ever met.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

providing what I'd describe as social services
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    1. Providing social maps and other information useful for navigating the social environment.
    2. Bringing people together, creating social groups.
    3. Providing nice companionship.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on... emo sutff? No way.

Happiness in life is a legitimate issue, it's no drama at all. Is that how Fe PoLR manifestates? You dislike to talk about anything emotion-related?

In my experience, ILIs are WAY more emotive than what they want to admit. Girls of this type are among the sweetest I've ever met.
    Happiness is relative, difficult to disentangle from overall amalgamation to individual causation and it's possible that happiness in itself can be most effectively gained through short term unhappiness.

I have found that IEE's both like AND dislike ILIs is because we are emotionally honest and we have an alarming tendency to tell the truth about our thought processes and emotions regarding any topic or issue. IEEs are attracted to emotion like moths to a flame, however, we are not emotionally/ethically compromising for the convenience of others and it is noted that as time tends to infinity that the probability of the moth getting burnt tends to 1.

Could you please specify the functional specification you expect of this thread? It is clear to me that no-one can give you the answer you appear to be implicitly suggesting unless you make clear the context and your expectations.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not much experience with love in general, but I seem to get along with ILIs surprisingly well. It helps to have similar interests too.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblejim
    because we are emotionally honest and we have an alarming tendency to tell the truth about our thought processes and emotions regarding any topic or issue.
    This is another trait I like.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends and I often joke that I have two emotional states: :"glad" and "not glad" cause those are my most frequent answers to the question "how are you?"
    It is not truly so, because I feel various emotions but to me describing emotional states is not an easy task, nor do I find it relevant in most situations. I am aware that there are people who seek such kind of information and I try to be more expressive around them.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    @Jim: happiness may be relative but it was a specific question about whether you are happy, not the 'universal' happiness

That's the flaw in understanding.

Once can be happy or unhappy about an individual aspect.

But aggregate happiness is a delusion. 'Are you happy with CARS?'. No, I am happy with this car, not that car and I prefer different cars which might lead to additional happiness is a conclusive thought process.

Examples of things that make me happy about IEE: Generally passionate creatures, good social skills, generally visually appealing, tolerant of individual ways of living, broadly compromising where correct to do so. Very high potential for 'doing things'. Fun in bed. Good at hugging and whatnot. Concerned for the health of others and their partners. Interest in a wide range of ideas and topics.

Examples of things that make me unhappy about IEE: Constant requirement for affirmation, almost always have difficulties in dealing with complex situations, almost always consistently underperform their potential to earn and progress in life, almost always make generalisations regarding happiness and ethics, almost always undervalue the most important ethics to me, diligence, respect and independence, intolerant of individual ethics and choice. Generally overly willing to compromise when wrong to do so. Thinks the best of people who clearly ain't that useful. Flexible decision making due to initial overcommital and later reevaluation.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    mikemex: i think there's (was?) a (enfp) user here whose partner is intp. i'm not sure i know any enfp-intp myself.i find i have very good understanding with intps, yet things are never quite clear enough for some reason.

@Jim: happiness may be relative but it was a specific question about whether you are happy, not the 'universal' happiness
    oh yeah that was Pianosinger. She got busy with life and hasn't been on as much as she used to.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi +Te was great. Ep +Ip was great. Honestly, I could tell he wanted more of an SJ romantic style, and I definitely wanted more of an SP (Se) romance. Great, intimate, emotional conversations. Great support for each other. Not much in the way of actual dates. Not what either of us needs or wants. Just my opinion. Love him as a person. Attracted. Not quite right. Just my experience

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    korpsey once had an IEE gf.tell 'em korpsey @!!@!!!!
    Addressing the vagueness of mikemex's inquiry is complicated by the likely presence of borderline personality disorder in the woman you're referring to. If there are specific questions about my relationship with that nutty broad I will consider them.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    talking during sex. social and services. not recommended during blow jobs (take my word for it-- "blarghsjhaskjhalsll*choke*")
    Have you ever.. ..actually never mind.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Examples of things that make me unhappy about IEE: Constant requirement for affirmation, almost always have difficulties in dealing with complex situations, almost always consistently underperform their potential to earn and progress in life, almost always make generalisations regarding happiness and ethics, almost always undervalue the most important ethics to me, diligence, respect and independence, intolerant of individual ethics and choice. Generally overly willing to compromise when wrong to do so. Thinks the best of people who clearly ain't that useful. Flexible decision making due to initial overcommital and later reevaluation.
    1) Constant requirement for affirmation.

Not sure if that's an IEE specific trait, I'd say that's a trait of the Ep temperament. It is probably less visible in Se types because they are more single minded and have less tendency to review themselves but I'm pretty sure all Eps freak out if proven dead wrong or exposed in public.

I think I used to have my days in which I needed others to validate me but I think they are mostly gone. I have much more confidence in myself now and care much less about what others have to say. Perhaps my former lack of confidence was justified because nothing replaces life experience and I don't aim to do the first thing that comes to my mind but the best I can do.

2) Almost always have difficulties in dealing with complex situations.

I don't really get what you mean by that but yes, I get confused when I have too much to think about. It must have something to do with weak Te (and perhaps Se) and failing to prioritize stuff. Anyway, I have a broad range of interests as you say but I'd say I'm not really that multitasking.

I work by myself and I've developed systems that allow me to work quite efficiently and keep my natural lack of discipline under control. For example, I have a very detailed accounting spreadsheet to help me keep a track of my work, so I don't get vague ideas of what I'm doing but hard facts. I've been building this document for about 8 years now and contains thousands of entries.

3) Almost always consistently underperform their potential to earn and progress in life.

I know quite a few Gammas around here, say, like the merchants and the lady with a restaurant. They are extraordinarily hard working and disciplined, they are here the days they say will be here and keep that rythm essentially forever.

I'd feel shame if it wasn't for the fact that it seems like a dull existence to me. Sure, they work hard and make a lot of money and for what? Work is a supportive activity, not an end.

Everyone gets what they truly want. Perhaps IEEs don't care much about gaining material wealth in the first place.

4) Almost always make generalisations regarding happiness and ethics.

Yeah, pretty much. I thought aristocrats had this tendency though. Like racists generalizing too much from the color of the skin.

5) Almost always undervalue the most important ethics to me, diligence, respect and independence, intolerant of individual ethics and choice.

Well, I can't speak for other IEEs but I'm not flaky. I'm a merchant myself and I know that my work demands trust, in the sense that I must be reliable and help my customers solve their problems instead of giving them more.

Individual ethics and choice... well, here we have demotratic vs aristocratic thinking again. To me, if individual choice and ethics means people telling me to mind my own business when complaining about people in Brazil burning an entire jungle to make a few pennies, well, to be 100% honest, to the hell with it.

6) Generally overly willing to compromise when wrong to do so.

Well, IEEs strive to be kind in a Si way. It's probably only wrong applied to non Si valuers.

7) Thinks the best of people who clearly ain't that useful.

Same as above. Si means cooperation (non symmetrical-immediate exchange).

8) Flexible decision making due to initial overcommital and later reevaluation.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm hesitant now about starting anything this days to be honest since I'm aware of this tendency,