TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eddie Murphy

ESFj?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Eddie Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    ESFj?
    Probably yes. ESFj is first thing that comes to my mind when I see him.
    me

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    ESFj?
    Probably yes. ESFj is first thing that comes to my mind when I see him.
    What makes you think so?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    What makes you think so?
    My intuition.
    me

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    What makes you think so?
    My intuition.
    I mean is there some traits that you were looking at, etc. I agree with your typing by the way, its' just that I want ot see what you had in mind when you did that.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean is there some traits that you were looking at, etc. I agree with your typing by the way, its' just that I want ot see what you had in mind when you did that.
    It’s his appearance, the way he expresses himself and acts. What draws my attention is the strong - I have the feeling that he’s directing his emotions towards others instead of keeping a great part by himself like types do.
    me

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching Boomerang the other day and I thought to myself, man, you gotta love that ! His Si is what I always notice in his movies and I kinda thougt twice about his cause it's a little different from what I would expected it to be. It's different from what I perceive as Fe in females for instance, which is much more appearant and obvious. In Eddie I can see it also but it's more subdued, more controled and less repellent to me personally. It only kind of adds a little elegance to his Si and makes his behaviour more emotionally extraverted and self-protective.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching Boomerang the other day and I thought to myself, man, you gotta love that ! His Si is what I always notice in his movies and I kinda thougt twice about his cause it's a little different from what I would expected it to be. It's different from what I perceive as Fe in females for instance, which is much more appearant and obvious. In Eddie I can see it also but it's more subdued, more controled and less repellent to me personally. It only kind of adds a little elegance to his Si and makes his behaviour more emotionally extraverted and self-protective.
    How do you spot Si in a person? I can't for some reason.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 'm not sure if I know how to explain it. When someone is naturally concerned with comfort, style, sensations, aesthetics, I easily notice it. I 've always seen it in Murphy: always neatly and comfortly dressed, elegant, calm and internally peacefull... those things naturally come at focus to me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 'm not sure if I know how to explain it. When someone is naturally concerned with comfort, style, sensations, aesthetics, I easily notice it. I 've always seen it in Murphy: always neatly and comfortly dressed, elegant, calm and internally peacefull... those things naturally come at focus to me.
    How would you spot Ni by comparison?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would compare it to the mess of information I 've got in my head collected by reading Ni definitions & explanations, taking tests, hearing people's opionins and comments...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would compare it to the mess of information I 've got in my head collected by reading Ni definitions & explanations, taking tests, hearing people's opionins and comments...
    I like you :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would give up red meat for the inner peace that Eddie Murphy seems to have.

I saw this video of the paparazzi fellow he wouldn't leave him alone Eddie Kept his cool the whole time he didn't even curse at the guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Eddie Murphy's subtype.

BUMP?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFP

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave Chappelle said in an Inside the Actors Studio interview that Eddie Murphy had a talk with him once about writing jokes and how he recognized Dave saw his ideas in pictures in his head, and that he was the same way. As far as Information Metabolism goes, that might be pretty significant.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

well who doesn't see their ideas in pictures in their head?!?!?!?! u see the primoridal void with rachmaninoff's 46th for 6 bonjos in c minor as background music??

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    As far as Information Metabolism goes, that might be pretty significant.
    Yep. N types have great fantasy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalimera View Post
    well who doesn't see their ideas in pictures in their head?!?!?!?! u see the primoridal void with rachmaninoff's 46th for 6 bonjos in c minor as background music??
    Well I dont. Things are very much in motion for me, or the visualization of the idea is absent altogether.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump.

I am curious of his type. I don't really see ESFj.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    LSE
    I don't know about ej type no offence, he might be, however he's very likely an introvert type in socionics. Infact in the Arsenio Hall interview he seems more EII than SEI.

He pattern types very similar to SEIs that I've typed but then again my pattern could be completely wrong.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not uncommon for stand up comics to be introverted. For example, Ray Romano and Dave Chapelle.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him..

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably SEI