View Poll Results: Murphy's type?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

    0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

    1 50.00%
  • ESE (ESFj)

    0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

    0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

    0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

    0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

    0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

    0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

    0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

    0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

    0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

    0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

    0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

    0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

    1 50.00%
  • EII (INFj)

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Eddie Murphy

  1. #1
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,172
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Eddie Murphy



    ESFj?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Eddie Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    ESFj?
    Probably yes. ESFj is first thing that comes to my mind when I see him.
    me

  3. #3
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Eddie Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    ESFj?
    Probably yes. ESFj is first thing that comes to my mind when I see him.
    What makes you think so?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Eddie Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    What makes you think so?
    My intuition.
    me

  5. #5
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Eddie Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFperator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    What makes you think so?
    My intuition.
    I mean is there some traits that you were looking at, etc. I agree with your typing by the way, its' just that I want ot see what you had in mind when you did that.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    near the beach
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Eddie Murphy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I mean is there some traits that you were looking at, etc. I agree with your typing by the way, its' just that I want ot see what you had in mind when you did that.
    It’s his appearance, the way he expresses himself and acts. What draws my attention is the strong - I have the feeling that he’s directing his emotions towards others instead of keeping a great part by himself like types do.
    me

  7. #7
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,172
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was watching Boomerang the other day and I thought to myself, man, you gotta love that ! His Si is what I always notice in his movies and I kinda thougt twice about his cause it's a little different from what I would expected it to be. It's different from what I perceive as Fe in females for instance, which is much more appearant and obvious. In Eddie I can see it also but it's more subdued, more controled and less repellent to me personally. It only kind of adds a little elegance to his Si and makes his behaviour more emotionally extraverted and self-protective.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  8. #8
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I was watching Boomerang the other day and I thought to myself, man, you gotta love that ! His Si is what I always notice in his movies and I kinda thougt twice about his cause it's a little different from what I would expected it to be. It's different from what I perceive as Fe in females for instance, which is much more appearant and obvious. In Eddie I can see it also but it's more subdued, more controled and less repellent to me personally. It only kind of adds a little elegance to his Si and makes his behaviour more emotionally extraverted and self-protective.
    How do you spot Si in a person? I can't for some reason.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  9. #9
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,172
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I was watching Boomerang the other day and I thought to myself, man, you gotta love that ! His Si is what I always notice in his movies and I kinda thougt twice about his cause it's a little different from what I would expected it to be. It's different from what I perceive as Fe in females for instance, which is much more appearant and obvious. In Eddie I can see it also but it's more subdued, more controled and less repellent to me personally. It only kind of adds a little elegance to his Si and makes his behaviour more emotionally extraverted and self-protective.
    How do you spot Si in a person? I can't for some reason.
    I 'm not sure if I know how to explain it. When someone is naturally concerned with comfort, style, sensations, aesthetics, I easily notice it. I 've always seen it in Murphy: always neatly and comfortly dressed, elegant, calm and internally peacefull... those things naturally come at focus to me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  10. #10
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I was watching Boomerang the other day and I thought to myself, man, you gotta love that ! His Si is what I always notice in his movies and I kinda thougt twice about his cause it's a little different from what I would expected it to be. It's different from what I perceive as Fe in females for instance, which is much more appearant and obvious. In Eddie I can see it also but it's more subdued, more controled and less repellent to me personally. It only kind of adds a little elegance to his Si and makes his behaviour more emotionally extraverted and self-protective.
    How do you spot Si in a person? I can't for some reason.
    I 'm not sure if I know how to explain it. When someone is naturally concerned with comfort, style, sensations, aesthetics, I easily notice it. I 've always seen it in Murphy: always neatly and comfortly dressed, elegant, calm and internally peacefull... those things naturally come at focus to me.
    How would you spot Ni by comparison?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  11. #11
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,172
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    How would you spot Ni by comparison?
    I would compare it to the mess of information I 've got in my head collected by reading Ni definitions & explanations, taking tests, hearing people's opionins and comments...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  12. #12
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    How would you spot Ni by comparison?
    I would compare it to the mess of information I 've got in my head collected by reading Ni definitions & explanations, taking tests, hearing people's opionins and comments...
    I like you :wink:
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  13. #13
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would give up red meat for the inner peace that Eddie Murphy seems to have.

    I saw this video of the paparazzi fellow he wouldn't leave him alone Eddie Kept his cool the whole time he didn't even curse at the guy.

  14. #14
    confused84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is Eddie Murphy's subtype.

  15. #15
    thework.com Kalinoche the Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    currently belgium
    TIM
    Fe Esfj
    Posts
    3,433
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BUMP?
    honest labor needs no master

    Nothing good is a miracle, nothing lovely is a dream.

    Επί πάντων μέμνησο τα έσχατά σου, και ου μη αμαρτήσης

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,854
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFP
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  17. #17
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dave Chappelle said in an Inside the Actors Studio interview that Eddie Murphy had a talk with him once about writing jokes and how he recognized Dave saw his ideas in pictures in his head, and that he was the same way. As far as Information Metabolism goes, that might be pretty significant.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  18. #18
    thework.com Kalinoche the Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    currently belgium
    TIM
    Fe Esfj
    Posts
    3,433
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    well who doesn't see their ideas in pictures in their head?!?!?!?! u see the primoridal void with rachmaninoff's 46th for 6 bonjos in c minor as background music??
    honest labor needs no master

    Nothing good is a miracle, nothing lovely is a dream.

    Επί πάντων μέμνησο τα έσχατά σου, και ου μη αμαρτήσης

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,854
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    As far as Information Metabolism goes, that might be pretty significant.
    Yep. N types have great fantasy.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  20. #20
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,369
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalimera View Post
    well who doesn't see their ideas in pictures in their head?!?!?!?! u see the primoridal void with rachmaninoff's 46th for 6 bonjos in c minor as background music??
    Well I dont. Things are very much in motion for me, or the visualization of the idea is absent altogether.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

  21. #21
    We are approximately 40% related to mice. Bone Dollar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    TIM
    ESFp-8w9
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump.

    I am curious of his type. I don't really see ESFj.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    577
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEI

  23. #23
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,176
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    577
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    LSE
    I don't know about ej type no offence, he might be, however he's very likely an introvert type in socionics. Infact in the Arsenio Hall interview he seems more EII than SEI.

    He pattern types very similar to SEIs that I've typed but then again my pattern could be completely wrong.

  25. #25
    perpetuus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's not uncommon for stand up comics to be introverted. For example, Ray Romano and Dave Chapelle.

  26. #26
    roger557's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like him..

  27. #27
    Marep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    TIM
    H-EII Sx/Sp E9w1
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Probably SEI

  28. #28
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    873
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE, like many comedians.

  29. #29
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,888
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eddie Murphy - ESFJ - Hugo


  30. #30
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,888
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eddy Murphy - ESFJ - Hugo


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •