Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My EXE daughter what type is she?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    What about ESI? Ths thought occured to me when I was reading the descriptions, then when I saw her picture she reminded me of an ex schoolmate who I think is ESI.
    Click. Yes. She looks like my sister, whom I had trouble typing because she is thoroughly Ni activated by being diehard reader from childhood.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm confused about her type, but not confused about how to parent her! LOL I think it's you guys who are taking socionics a bit too seriously here. If you don't have kids of your own, you probably shouldn't be jumping to conclusions about how people with kids are using or not using this information.

And by the way, I appreciated the other moms in this thread and their reflections on figuring out the types of their kids. Thanks.

ESI? Maybe! I'll think about that one!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she is not realistic, she will realize this in time as the reality is bound to manifest somehow that doesn't fit in to the model.
    She will go to another set of false beliefs or gain better understanding. The latter is bound to happen by it's own weight, provided she will continue interaction with her children and she will be sensible. In my opinion, both of those requirements are likely to be fulfilled.

I have hard time imagining that pointing out this will have any effect because you can't give her any new information. The imperfection of socionics is voiced here very often and often in a more attractive packaging that k0rpsy had. The few fanatic socionists also help us to indirectly promote about these flaws in the model. Afterall, nobody wants to be a maritsa.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Oh my gosh is that cute! Love the feathered bangs. Your mom is probably not much older than I am! haha Thanks for finding this. I can see why you said it reminded you of her.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    There is no type my children could be that would cause me to love them less. This post of yours is basically saying "if you're a parent, you shouldn't even know about socionics because it will inevitably cause you to treat your children differently, even if it's unconscious." Kinda silly.
    You obviously don't comprehend causality. And the upshot of what I'm saying is socionics is stupid and cognitively deformative.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    You obviously don't comprehend causality. And the upshot of what I'm saying is socionics is stupid and cognitively deformative.
    not sure why you're here then. to warn us?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

more than once i've seen half-joking comments in the chatbox about how horrible it would be to have a conflictor child greeted with nothing but half-joking knowing nod type of reactions. the amount of backlash that the "maritsa"s get (as if it is just maritsa) is not commensurate. it's useful to have some skepticism and i think when people immediately react against it it says something about how "loosely" they really do take socionics.

i think this thread was delicate because it was a parent-child scenario, but the same truths about typing hold true regardless.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    @Aquagraph – first of all, I think that when it's about a child who is vulnerable to what her parents tell her, you should consider the effects you'll have on her more carefully than in the case of adults. Secondly, children are constantly growing and developing and it's sometimes hard to tell what the outcome will be. But then again, yeah, I'm not a mom and will probably never be, so what do I know.

I just think there's no reason to wave off k0rpsy's message with a wtf get out, because if there's really no problem, the whole thing can be settled rationally without getting offended or offensive. You know, consider the viewpoint, admit even the unpleasant possible effects of one's actions and that way try to prevent any possible damage.

Lastly, if people really always realized their models are faulty, the world would probably be a whole different place. I think you know that pretty well.
    I don't think she is taking his remarks offensively at all, she told him to get out because HE is the one who is taking it too seriously. She didn't seem offended at all. In fact she seemed more annoyed that people think she is trying to type her child in order to treat her child as a type. I think she just wants to understand her kid more?? It has nothing to do with, "oh my child is this type..so I will thrust this function their way and try to to help mold them"
    She's saying...Oh, I've fucking kids, I'm curious of their types..Not going to do anything with the information, not even going to absolutely believe it, seems like she' s just brainstorming here. Doesn't sound like needs a "Reality check" like some of you are assuming...which how you pulled that out of your asses is interesting... and speaks volumes. as she isn't a socionist fanatic like marista or Tchaud.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure why you're here then. to warn us?
    Well, k0rpsy doesn't talk about socionics a lot. And the amount of threat he sees within socionics to hurt relationships, it seems strange that he still constantly reminds himself of it's existence by being on this forum.
    @Aquagraph – first of all, I think that when it's about a child who is vulnerable to what her parents tell her, you should consider the effects you'll have on her more carefully than in the case of adults. Secondly, children are constantly growing and developing and it's sometimes hard to tell what the outcome will be. But then again, yeah, I'm not a mom and will probably never be, so what do I know.
    I trust Redbaron won't be teaching them about typology with an attitude they would take to their hearts. But yeah usually challenge with children is that they are delicate.
    I just think there's no reason to wave off k0rpsy's message with a wtf get out, because if there's really no problem, the whole thing can be settled rationally without getting offended or offensive.
    I hope you are not implying I did such? I agree that Redbaron's reaction could have been more open. The message might have aimed to be helpful but it probably felt hostile. Hostility is usually perceived as a sign of unconstructive communication.
    You know, consider the viewpoint, admit even the unpleasant possible effects of one's actions and that way try to prevent any possible damage.
    I have done all of those things. I didn't feel like repeating them in this thread, just like I didn't feel like repeating the possibility of Redbaron typing her child as a projection of her affection which could lead to positive results due to it being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Lastly, if people really always realized their models are faulty, the world would probably be a whole different place. I think you know that pretty well.
    This community is still very aware of it when it comes to socionics. You don't see most of the older members even wanting to talk about socionics.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a nutshell: it's easy to misunderstand others in the internet due to the lack of a) actually knowing each other and our differing ways of communication [...]
    Hey I know something for that! Have you heard about this thing called Socionics?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

aivo i like the way you think.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- If someone's behaving in a hostile or unconstructive manner, it usually doesn't make things any better if you respond to it with a similar hostility.
    - I (and possibly some other members) cannot trust redbaron doing or not doing anything because I don't know her and it would be a handy thing to take into account IMO – only information that has already been provided can be observed and further reasoned.
    True.
    I could mention about how rude it usually is to tell how strangers should think about their children.

But k0rpsy is Fe PoLR so it's okay.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<picture>
    Shoot me if she's not this type, but your mother looks hundred percent SEI.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute how my initial post was taken at face value instead of being recognized as the less-than-serious exaggeration it is.

More later when I'm not hampered by typing on a phone, though I might post on related matters in another thread rather than running this one further off its rails. Redbaron has demonstrated repeatedly that she'd prefer to only be told what she wants to hear.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    True.
    I could mention about how rude it usually is to tell how strangers should think about their children.

But k0rpsy is Fe PoLR so it's okay.
    That's a flimsy excuse when I'm fully cognizant of my actions, especially since redbaron has rewarded me at every step by responding almost exactly as I expected.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron has demonstrated repeatedly that she'd prefer to only be told what she wants to hear.
    Be sure to include how approachable you think your message gets after saying stuff like this.
    That's a flimsy excuse when I'm fully cognizant of my actions, especially since redbaron has rewarded me at every step by responding almost exactly as I expected.
    And it's also less humorous remark if taken seriously.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol wow this got offtopic fast.

Socionics is just mental masturbation, not a way of life. It gives me something to think about when I'm bored, and even after I type someone, I'm always open to new information and retyping as necessary, sometimes just to see if I think another type could fit. I don't really see what the big deal is about typing kids. I can see how some people could take it way too far, but most of us on this forum aren't crazy.

Anyway, I think my boyfriends daughter is xSE, and I'm very curious to see how she turns out. I'm leaning towards LSE at the moment, but that changes on a regular basis.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

for the record I see Delta nf fitting more than anything else for my son but I wasn't at all offended by what korp said. I saw it as a comment on the cognitive biases thinking about socionics creates and not a parenting critique.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can assure you she isn't. Everything points to her being ESI. She is extremely Fi-base, clearly gamma, a great but very strict Se-kinda leader (she's worked her whole life on jobs that center around directing, teaching and controlling others) and married to a blazing case of an LIE, no less. She's also constantly clashing with my ESE brother and constantly has problems with my XLE dad's utmost Fi PoLR. Your VI-dar needs adjusting.
    Ok, maybe she's not SEI. But I refuse to believe she is other than a Si Ego! And BTW, most of your justifications are soooo subjective. From this paragraph all that I *could* take seriously would be teaching or controlling others, though I think I have a guess where that comes from when it's about your mother - it's your mother. I mean you seem the person who look for the thrill in live, while I can very easily see how a Si Ego parent would try to prevent you, making you seeing him/her as "narrow-minded" and "controlling".
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redbaron has demonstrated repeatedly that she'd prefer to only be told what she wants to hear.
    you know what, I was trying to be cordial in this thread but fuck you. There was nothing in particular I wanted to hear in this thread. I was, and still am, open to considering almost any type for her. You're being an asshole to me for no apparent reason.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, okay. Well, I just happen to get a differing gut feeling about this. I don't see why k0rpsy's post, however lacking of consideration, couldn't have been replied with "oh, I see what you're trying to say, I'll offer my own view now so you could also consider it and we could settle possible misunderstandings" instead of wtf get out. Getting all defensive just seems to me like an attempt to shun something out, which of course, can be perfectly natural, but once recognized, could be worked on for the sake of progression. I dunno, IMO even just a simple "hey, I'm just speculating, and have never force fed my views to my children, nor based my actions towards them on socionics" would do, and even clarify things.

In a nutshell: it's easy to misunderstand others in the internet due to the lack of a) actually knowing each other and our differing ways of communication and b) seeing each other, others' expressions and hearing the tones of others' voices, which it's only practical to clarify things as rationally and nonviolently as possible. I'm not saying there can't be personality, zest, feelings and emotions when expressing yourself on the internet, but during discussions like this it might just prevent a lot of unclarity and even emotional turmoil.

But yeah, this is getting a bit off-topic (or even meta-topic), so maybe I'll leave it here, only hoping I made my point clear.
    My response to this is that you are kind and seem to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but obviously you do not know of Korpsy. He's always negative, always an asshole, on purpose, always puts everyone down, and pretty much everything he says, is supposedly "in jest" is just a way for him to be bitter about everything. He doesn't care how people respond to him, he has preconceived notions about how EVERYONE will respond to him. It's ridiculous he even wastes his time coming to this forum as he does nothing but bitch and complain. That is why people tend to respond to him in hostility, he's a fucking asshole who doesn't give a shit about what anyone else thinks or says and pukes rude comments on other people's threads who want to actually discuss socionics. Reality checks may be needed for someone people, but not redbaron.

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Augh, this is going so, so offtopic,
    Welcome to T16T.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True there. But that might also be why I can take a more neutral approach to what's happening in this particular thread.

If it's all the same how you reply to him, then why not refrain from hostility for your own sake if nothing else?
    You have a point. But you're also kinder than I.... and I honestly just wish he would simply stop for everyone's sake.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what, I was trying to be cordial in this thread but fuck you. There was nothing in particular I wanted to hear in this thread. I was, and still am, open to considering almost any type for her. You're being an asshole to me for no apparent reason.
    What you want to hear are suggestions concerning the appropriate sociotypal labeling for your kid, not general critiques of applied typology's effect on interpersonal perception and action. I already said I'd bring up the latter elsewhere so you can enjoy your convo here.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh shit, I just read more more than I had to. I'm going to have a damn good time on this forum.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Oh shit, I just read more more than I had to. I'm going to have a damn good time on this forum.
    Yeah, hehe. Grated carrots.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, hehe. Grated carrots.
    http://www.odditycentral.com/funny/c...vegetable.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's no different from majority of people posting on here, even you.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry I'm bumping and old thread but I thought I'd get back to this when I remembered this thread very unexpectedly! I was browsing through ESI photos (I got my ESI mom hooked into socionics – she thinks it's useful when working as an executive ) and these smiles reminded me instantly of your daughter's smile. And I'm partly blind to faces, no less! So yeah:

I get a quietly warm feeling from ESI smiles... And the eyes generally seem softer and kinder than some other types. I think the difference is visible between your two daughters too – the IEI one has a more intense, more edgy expression (on the photo, at least).

I'm partly posting this to hear reactions and get feedback on my VI abilities It's an interesting subject to someone diagnosed with an autistic disorder.
    Rick's ESI type representatives are really bad. David Hasselhoff is very definitely not an IXXj and it boggles my mind anyone would mistake him as one (same with Pamela Anderson, not listed here); I'd venture a guess at ESXj for his type. John Travolta I have no solid type impression of -- he comes off as too fake and made-up for me to pin down to a single type, yet maybe that lack of connection says something against his being IXFj. I could buy ESFj for Rotaru, but I don't know anything about her aside from her name and woman on the right I could see as ISFj, although again I don't have the patience to sit through videos of her to solidify my impression. On a tangential note, this is how Rick chooses to describe ESIs (re: woman on right):

Comments:
    Rigid and tough. Can get what she wants.
    Yet this is not how I would describe ESIs. In fact, this is how I would describe EXTx women. To me, IXFx types are the exact opposite of rigid and tough, they're usually soft-spoken and malleable, willing to bend backwards, tend to dislike conflict, etc. I understand this might be how they come across as to ILEs, but to use this subjective impression as a litmus test all across the board leads to random-ass typings we see above. ISFj and INFj are very, very similar and yet whereas INFj representatives are often spot-on, I don't understand why the deviation shoots up when one letter is changed. Something is amiss here.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

se in the ego means ur a stone cold killer bitch who nevah takes shit from anyone and gets whatever they want. fuck yeah

i feel pretty balanced. rigid and tough i can relate to, soft-spoken and malleable i can relate to. it just depends. people from a distance are more likely to describe me as timid and people i know well describe me as more aggressive.

but there's a weird standard some people have for se-creative types like where people like absurd who are a caricature of stubborness are the benchmark. and being deliberate, careful, indecisive, or willing to consider where other people might be coming from is evidence against ne polr, even though, hello, and weak .

how are you even supposed to use and be some kind "moral arbiter" as they would say without having some comfort and confidence in being able to introspect and give consideration to other ethical perspectives? without those abilities you'd be kind of an idiot. but apparently those abilities are just in the realm of intuition.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    but there's a weird standard some people have for se-creative types like where people like absurd who are a caricature of stubborness are the benchmark. and being deliberate, careful, indecisive, or willing to consider where other people might be coming from is evidence against ne polr, even though, hello, and weak .
    Please, not again. I can take Maritsa on a perfect day, but please, what did I ever do to you? I have been alright, unless you know about something I don't, and where is this Fi and weak Te - are you comparing yourself to me?

It seems to me you're actually talking about yourself. Correct me if I am wrong. It's cool you think out of the box, that's a really great thing - connecting dots - but why is that I am still Ne polr. I have never self-typed ESI nor LSI.

Plus you have a pretty skewed impression of me. And I'm not going to "be a stone cold bitch" as you put it as long you or any one else actually gets it, that I won't remain alright/kind when faced with it. If that makes me Se ego, time to re-write socionics. Have a pen
    Last edited by Absurd; 10-15-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you come to the strangest conclusions.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you come to the strangest conclusions.
    Well, beer after work + korpsey, + strnnr something or whatever he is called + crazie brat. Sorry, won't happen again, although I can't promise that.

I'm not even here, try somebody else for comparisons, thank you. Blackburry comes to mind

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alright, what's past is past. I can be this guinea pig. Fire at will.

Can I get my battleships equipped with nukes this time, though, I mean my fishing ships with fishing gear?

I am alright, no worries.

Okay, I better go to bed.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

goodnight.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this as a typing thread is over a month old.. but I want to add that my first thought, from description, was ENFJ. Possibly INFJ. But the relations with her brother point to the ENFJ, in my opinion. You have beautiful children, @redbaron, and they look happy and healthy. You are blessed.

P.S. I compare her to my son's ENFJ friend, and also another one that I know*. This friend of his has a similar look as well as being a very excellent student and always knows the schedule, and can juggle a tight one. She is often very, very outgoing, and my SLE son and she enjoy a nice Activity relationship. Its a very outgoing connection they have. She recently had a foreign student come live in her house, her age, and I believe this girl is an ESFP. Suddenly ENFJ seems not-so outgoing, she takes a back seat to ESFP's extreme delight in socializing (something that she has not enjoyed adjusting to so suddenly I gather). This leads me to think that ESFx's might be more socially outgoing than ENFx's, at least when they are together. Which would explain the difference in the sisters that you described.

Well, its been a couple of months, did you decided her type?

Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 10-15-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12