Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: affirm lungs' 6ness

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

positive-outlook just means having the attention span of a hare and constantly flitting through life's various options in hopes of finding something to distract oneself from having to deal with problems. it doesn't literally mean "having a positive outlook" although that's not an uncommon trait of the 2, 7, 9 triad.

@Loki

edit: you added more stuff to your post while i was typing this!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    positive-outlook just means having the attention span of a hare and constantly flitting through life's various options in hopes of finding something to distract oneself from having to deal with problems.
    I can see this attention span of a hare thing hallmarked more with type 7, although I think there are probably some neurotic Nines like in some Helen Palmer example I recall where once a certain Nine was confronted with some emotional issue or something important, she suddenly started cleaning her kitchen like mad or something. That's like really frantic and high energy and freakishly neurotic.

However, there often are things about "positive outlook" in a more literal sense in Nine descriptions (e.g. rose-colored glasses, seeing the silver lining, so on). For instance, in the last one posted:

Nines tend to adopt an optimistic approach to life; they are, for the most part, trusting people who see the best in others; they frequently have a deep seated faith that things will somehow work out.
    This is not simply a single thought to put something off, but an actual *belief* that everything will somehow work out (a *faith*). That's pretty optimistic, if you ask me.

but Nines tend to avoid negative emotions whereas Fours often exacerbate them.
    I would think that Nines too can regularly exacerbate and dwell on negative emotions. The difference is the timing of it. It's okay to dwell on certain negative emotions at a time that it will be least helpful/productive, or on other different negative issues at a time when it would have been more useful to deal with the first set. It's about misalignment of priorities and when they are focused on. The overall character could be incredibly negative--whether it is or isn't, would not be the point and would vary per person.

edit: you added more stuff to your post while i was typing this!
    yes, well, I tend to do that. Also, the forum kept logging me out and having its database errors so it took longer than intended to edit.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CONFIMED View Post
    Most likely a 7 or a 9. Much better.

Type 7 - 11.3
    Type 9 - 11.3
    Type 5 - 10.3
    Type 3 - 8
    Type 8 - 7
    Type 6 - 6.7

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hijack

You are most likely a type 8 (the Challenger) with 7 wing

Social variant

Type 8 SO Type 7 SO Type 3 SX Type 2 SX Type 4 SX Type 1 SX Type 6 SX Type 9 SX Type 5 SX

I usually test 7, 8, or 4. That's the highest I've ever had on 2 though.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why, I knew it all along! Considering the nature of your posts and your tendency to draw attention to the accuracy of your self-typings, its reasonable to say that you're a 5, or maybe you're a 4. But no you're not either. I'd say 6w5 is perfect in all angles.

Anyway, good job figuring it out. I'll spare you from a "HA, told you so!", because I didn't. Tell you so I mean.

...yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Galen did a good job on addressing the points, especially the ones about authority.

6s tend to either comply completely to authority, or rebel against it. I liked what one user in PersonalityCafe once said that being a 6 is constantly feeling like being of a cliff. You constantly feel a push-pull force about most actions done unto you, as well as the decisions you have to make. CP6s tend to be on the constant lookout to jump on the safest spot, while P6s tend to look for a way to walk back to safety.

The test that @CONFIMED posted is not too bad. It got my enneagram down!

Wing 5w6 - 12.2
    Wing 8w9 - 12
    Wing 9w8 - 12
    Wing 8w7 - 11.5
    Wing 6w5 - 11.4
    Wing 7w8 - 11
    Wing 6w7 - 10.5
    Wing 7w6 - 10.5
    Wing 5w4 - 10.2
    Wing 9w1 - 10
    Wing 3w2 - 9
    Wing 3w4 - 8.8
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So who knows socionics and enneagram here?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 9 - 12.3
    Type 5 - 10
    Type 2 - 8.7
    Type 4 - 8.3
    Type 1 - 7
    Type 8 - 3.7

Wing 9w1 - 15.8
    Wing 9w8 - 14.2
    Wing 5w4 - 14.2
    Wing 4w5 - 13.3
    Wing 1w9 - 13.2
    Wing 2w1 - 12.2
    Wing 1w2 - 11.4
    Wing 5w6 - 10.9
    Wing 8w9 - 9.9
    Wing 2w3 - 9.4
    Wing 4w3 - 9
    Wing 8w7 - 4.2

ya, cool test yo.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/type6.php

Enneagram Type 6 - The Loyalist

Conflicted between trust and distrust

People of this personality type essentially feel insecure, as though there is nothing quite steady enough to hold onto. At the core of the type Six personality is a kind of fear or anxiety. This anxiety has a very deep source and can manifest in a variety of different styles, making Sixes somewhat difficult to describe and to type. What all Sixes have in common however, is the fear rooted at the center of their personality, which manifests in worrying, and restless imaginings of everything that might go wrong. This tendency makes Sixes gifted at trouble shooting, but also robs the Six of much needed peace of mind and tends to deprive the personality of spontaneity. The essential anxiety at the core of the type Six fixation tends to permeate the personality with a sort of "defensive suspiciousness." Sixes don't trust easily; they are often ambivalent about others, until the person has absolutely proven herself, at which point they are likely to respond with steadfast loyalty. The loyalty of the Six is something of a two edged sword however, as Sixes are sometimes prone to stand by a friend, partner, job or cause even long after it is time to move on.

Sixes are generally looking for something or someone to believe in. This, combined with their general suspiciousness, gives rise to a complicated relationship to authority. The side of the Six which is looking for something to believe in, is often very susceptible to the temptation to turn authority over to an external source, whether it be in the form of an individual or a creed. But the Six's tendency towards distrust and suspicion works against any sort of faith in authority. Thus, two opposite pulls exist side by side in the personality of enneatype Six, and assume different proportions in different individuals, sometimes alternating within the same individual.

The truly confounding element when it comes to typing Sixes is that there are two fundamentally different strategies that Sixes adopt for dealing with fear. Some Sixes are basically phobic. Phobic Sixes are generally compliant, affiliative and cooperative. Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with fear, and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be agressive and, rather than looking for authorities, can adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Counterphobic Sixes are often unaware of the fear that motivates their actions. In fact, Sixes in general, tend to be blind to the extent of their own anxiety. Because it is the constant back drop to all of their emotions, Sixes are frequently unaware of its existence, as they have nothing with which to contrast it.

Because Sixes so frequently fail to appreciate the extent of their own fear, they often mistype themselves. It is common for instance, for female Sixes to mistype as Twos, especially if they are identified with a helper role, but Sixes have a much more ambivalent attitude towards relationships than do Twos, who generally know exactly what they want. Sixes, failing to recognize their anxiety, can mistype as Nines, but Nines have the ability to relax and to trust in others, neither of which come easily to Sixes. Sixes can mistype as Fours, especially if they have artistic inclinations, but they lack the Four's self-absorption. They can mistype as Fives, especially if they are intellectual, as many Sixes are, but unlike Fives, Sixes tend to be practical. Finally, conterphobic Sixes can easily mistype as Eights, but they lack the Eight's self-certainty.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, lungs, you have rested upon E6, just roll with it, as long you actually feel(?) it is the right one. Descriptions do not make people, people make descriptions, without people there would be no descriptions and all of this at all.

Do not succumb to peer pressure, though, same for "for and against". You're going to notice soon that when you want to go in one direction with them, some of them are going to go the opposite

A friend in need is a friend indeed.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 5w1. I defy the enneagram. I keep taking these tests because people keep *inisisting* that I'm a three. Haha

Type 5 - 7.7
    Type 1 - 5.7
    Type 8 - 5.3
    Type 6 - 5
    Type 2 - 5
    Type 4 - 4

Wing 5w6 - 10.2
    Wing 5w4 - 9.7
    Wing 6w5 - 8.9
    Wing 1w2 - 8.2
    Wing 4w5 - 7.9
    Wing 2w1 - 7.9
    Wing 1w9 - 6.9
    Wing 8w7 - 6.5
    Wing 8w9 - 6.5
    Wing 2w3 - 6.4
    Wing 6w7 - 6.2
    Wing 4w3 - 5.4

Lungs, you can be whatever number you want to be.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And again I am the smartest person in the world.

He's got the whole wide world in his hands...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Does anyone want me to move these test results?

I get either this
    You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with 4 wing

Sexual variant

Type 5 SX
    Type 8 SP
    Type 4 SP
    Type 6 SP
    Type 1 SX
    Type 3 SX
    Type 7 SO
    Type 9 SX
    Type 2 SP

Or

You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator)
    with balanced wings

Social variant

Type 5 SO
    Type 8 SP
    Type 1 SX
    Type 4 SP
    Type 6 SP
    Type 9 SX
    Type 7 SO
    Type 3 SX
    Type 2 SP

Based on how I answer 2 questions
    even tempered - temperamental
    avoiding conflicts - confrontational

Not sure which of these I'm really.

If I don't answer this I get. (in the middle)

You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator)
    with balanced wings

Sexual variant

Type 5 SX
    Type 8 SP
    Type 4 SP
    Type 6 SP
    Type 1 SX
    Type 7 SO
    Type 3 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 2 SP

There are a few other questions I set myself right in the middle at since I'm not sure either but I'm probably more moderate.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps lungs' approach to socionics is rather six-ish in that it seems she's aware of all the contradicting ideas (competing perspectives) and then is looking for the "right" way as in wanting an "authority" to say "it's this and here's why" in a way that will clear it up, but yet nothing is ever satisfactory?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    perhaps lungs' approach to socionics is rather six-ish in that it seems she's aware of all the contradicting ideas (competing perspectives) and then is looking for the "right" way as in wanting an "authority" to say "it's this and here's why" in a way that will clear it up, but yet nothing is ever satisfactory?
    Can agree with that, but she has to actually be aware whom she considers an authority figure to begin with,- a person(s) who represents authority or person(s) who crusades against it -same goes for any E6, and as for her E-type/Sociotype, bearing in mind she has self-typed that before, I usually do not find anything wrong with that, taking into account that people do get it right for the first time, not always though, but hey this is Socionics, not madness.

Another step is going to be the disregard of those test results.

All in all, a declarative statement has been made and introduced to people on here followed by yes, yes, yes, no, no, no that can be disregarded as well.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 5 wing

Social variant

Type 4 SO
    Type 6 SP
    Type 5 SP
    Type 1 SP
    Type 3 SX
    Type 9 SP
    Type 8 SP
    Type 7 SO
    Type 2 SP

the authority thing fkjsdklfja no, but otherwise yeah.

well i don't know if i'm aware of "contradicting ideas" so much as aware of how open it all is to interpretation. and i want it to either be:
    1. acknowledged as subjective and make believe, or
    2. nailed down to one interpretation that you can either take or leave.

but if it was just about wanting an authority i could have picked one. filatova expat ashton krig whatever. and settled with it. but i can't do that. i need to feel comfortable in my own knowledge and i can't just turn it over to someone else and be comfortable. like taking a test and sticking with the result - lol. it feels kinda good to do that and i can live with that for a very short time but then its like, come on, that's silly, i cant trick myself that way for very long. or saying "i'm a six, so there!" or "psh enneagram is stupid i don't care." i want to have that kind of assuredness and i try but i know i'm fooling myself and then the holes get poked in it and i'm like, sigh. its all confusing again god damnit.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i'm not a social variant.

at least i'm sure about sp/sx.

YEAH

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

and i'm sure about six too fuck it

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got E8 on both counts.

Looks like it is okay or something.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well perhaps it's more that faith in ones ability to interpret reality or find answers for oneself has "been lost" (it's that lost essential quality) and so it can be put on other people's doorsteps (e.g. you all, acknowledge that this is make believe!). so it's not necessarily looking for "an authority" or one to put all faith in about what is or is not true, but more not being able to find for oneself what one thinks and then putting it all on "other" (whether "other" is another person, or not) to clear it up. however, this will never work (as no fixation will ever work) and no one will ever be deemed as able to provide the answers, nor will anything that is not a person... as the imbalance has to be resolved within the self. one must regain their own sense of "faith" in interpreting reality, in knowing what to believe or not to believe and so on... in this big world where there is just so much to know, understand, interpret. um.

i think some people can do the authority thing though obviously. my mom who i think is a six feels that she can't come upon her own view of who/what to vote for and relies heavily on the input of her mother and siblings. all in all, i find the authority issue rather confusing. but my mom also has the anxiety aspect of thinking of everything that could go wrong, worrying, so on.

(oh and btw, i really don't know why etype you are, lungs.)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

well perhaps it's more that faith in ones ability to interpret reality or find answers for oneself has "been lost" (it's that lost essential quality) and so it can be put on other people's doorsteps (e.g. you all, acknowledge that this is make believe!). so it's not necessarily looking for "an authority" or one to put all faith in about what is or is not true, but more not being able to find for oneself what one thinks and then putting it all on "other" (whether "other" is another person, or not) to clear it up. however, this will never work (as no fixation will ever work) and no one will ever be deemed as able to provide the answers, nor will anything that is not a person... as the imbalance has to be resolved within the self. one must regain their own sense of "faith" in interpreting reality, in knowing what to believe or not to believe and so on... in this big world where there is just so much to know, understand, interpret. um.
    holy shit loki this is good.

its stuff I would have interpreted as te seeking. and it never even really occurred to me that people have these opinions because they have faith in themselves in that way. I thought they either understand something I don't or are obnoxiously fooling themselves. but yeah I mean some faith in your ability to interpret reality.. its interesting to think of it that way.

this is where I've had problems with philosophy or any area where the answers aren't explicit.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There you go, it was there from the start, and like I said, you can now kill off characters in this film. There is always sunny in the dark.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    There you go, it was there from the start, and like I said, you can now kill off characters in this film. There is always sunny in the dark.
    who should I kill?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i'm confused on all these matters, and apparently perpetually locked in my own confusion, but there is this

Until they can get in touch with their own inner guidance, Sixes are like a ping-pong ball that is constantly shuttling back and forth between whatever influence is hitting the hardest in any given moment.

i think 'inner guidance' is a better term.

this could also be applicable:
    They also tend to fear making important decisions, although at the same time, they resist having anyone else make decisions for them.
    so i don't think it's just like "i want an authority to make all my decisions" because that won't satisfy either necessarily. i do know my mom has to talk to everyone she knows practically about decisions she's making (the anxiety apparently will not rest otherwise). oh and i don't think anxiety necessarily has to be like being literally anxious all the time, but perhaps could refer to an inner anxiety at the core of ones being in a more abstract way.

this riso & hudson description seems much more about security though, but perhaps it's just that feeling secure in whatever way is a sort of a thing to stuff in to counter the innate feeling of anxiety (that comes from feeling 'out of touch' with ones 'inner guidance').

anyway there seems to be a lot of wiggle room in terms of how the concept of authority could play into an individual sixes life.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 4 - 7.3
    Type 5 - 6
    Type 3 - 5.3
    Type 6 - 4.3

Wing 4w5 - 10.3
    Wing 4w3 - 10
    Wing 5w4 - 9.7
    Wing 3w4 - 9
    Wing 5w6 - 8.2
    Wing 6w5 - 7.3
    Wing 3w2 - 6.5
    Wing 6w7 - 5.2

whoops!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    and it never even really occurred to me that people have these opinions because they have faith in themselves in that way. I thought they either understand something I don't or are obnoxiously fooling themselves.
    Nah, sometimes they really understand something, it's not like the whole world is astrology or socionics.

I liked what one user in PersonalityCafe once said that being a 6 is constantly feeling like being of a cliff.
    You mean that in the western world there's a whole set of people typed as "6" who truly feel extreme anxiety, every waking moment, not just when they need to take a decision? I'd say it's more likely the result of a pathology, rather than E-type...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Nah, sometimes they really understand something, it's not like the whole world is astrology or socionics.
    how are you today fabio? I was referring to socionics in that paragraph. I know.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how are you today fabio? I was referring to socionics in that paragraph. I know.
    Ahhh okay then it makes sense
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lungs: I think you're most likely a 5. You are effectively assertive, which could explain 5 to 8 integration.

(personally, I value enneagram integration/disintegration rather strongly)

also 6s come across more insecure and ambivalent than you do. But its a good second guess.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    lungs: I think you're most likely a 5. You are effectively assertive, which could explain 5 to 8 integration.

(personally, I value enneagram integration/disintegration rather strongly)

also 6s come across more insecure and ambivalent than you do. But its a good second guess.
    I don't think I'm emotionally detached enough to be a five but I'm flattered I come across secure and integrated to you, thanks <3

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see 5 as well. It covers the issues between 4 and 6 as well, since ideally you're supposed to have traits from either adjoining type. I'm not saying you are, but if you decided to say you were, I don't think I'd have anything bad to say about it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

who should I kill?
    Four people so far, at least I would writing a plot like this and it just got darker.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Four people so far, at least I would writing a plot like this and it just got darker.
    i need names. i'm not psychic.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i need names. i'm not psychic.
    Hah, neither am I. You have to kill off characters that did their job, at least partially, and failed, to get the plot moving, get it on its tracks again, proper course so to speak action-wise. People who agree to disagree, you have to clean the house.

Usernames are in abundance, choice is yours which characters are you going to kill off. At least four means at least four characters. Not three, not five and not ten, it is four characters, but again, choice is yours.

Having established/decided you're such and such type and most importantly having done the same to people corresponding with you, that is, knowing(?) they're your daily bread, a.k.a quadra, the choice you might want to make narrows down to four people but it doesn't have to.

I got to the names now. In no particular order: blackburry, FDG, Galen, Ashton. Four people.

Judea declares war on Germany, 1933.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hah, neither am I. You have to kill off characters that did their job, at least partially, and failed, to get the plot moving, get it on its tracks again, proper course so to speak action-wise. People who agree to disagree, you have to clean the house.

Usernames are in abundance, choice is yours which characters are you going to kill off. At least four means at least four characters. Not three, not five and not ten, it is four characters, but again, choice is yours.

Having established/decided you're such and such type and most importantly having done the same to people corresponding with you, that is, knowing(?) they're your daily bread, a.k.a quadra, the choice you might want to make narrows down to four people but it doesn't have to.

I got to the names now. In no particular order: blackburry, FDG, Galen, Ashton. Four people.

Judea declares war on Germany, 1933.
    i don't understand.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i don't understand.
    This is exactly the reason I mostly use the services of "random complaint letter generator" when posting on here . People actually respond to that, even PM me. Heh.

Anyhow, you're settled and decided and I seriously do not see any point in actually dragging this thread further nor do not know the reason(s) you created it - it was actually the shortest film I have ever watched.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This is exactly the reason I mostly use the services of "random complaint letter generator" when posting on here . People actually respond to that, even PM me. Heh.

Anyhow, you're settled and decided and I seriously do not see any point in actually dragging this thread further nor do not know the reason(s) you created it - it was actually the shortest film I have ever watched.
    you are all build up and no climax.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you are all build up and no climax.
    Says who?

Seriously, what do you want me to do, I can do it, comes with a price, though. And I'm sure as hell, I'm going to have to pay it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Says who?

Seriously, what do you want me to do, I can do it, comes with a price, though. And I'm sure as hell, I'm going to have to pay it.
    relax, pass me a beer please

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

relax, pass me a beer please
    Hmm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast