Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: INFjs walk strange?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    He ain't stiff like xstjs. Most of them can't even dance like that. Oh, and the music sucks. Put up like - Micheal Jackson, Wanna be startin' something, and make a new vid!
    Haha. The music has received a mixed welcome. It was a Finnish punk rock band that nowadays has modernized their style quite a bit. I chose that because I don't have much music in my computer and that was the best I could find. I'm not sure how well it fits with the theme but I like the song

Anyways I thought about the stiffness thing...I think these are the main reasons...
    a) The fact that my back has upright posture is mostly because of keeping your back straight allows you to move around the middle axel most efficiently and thus allows you to use momentum really well. You can create momentum my swinging your body in circles and then change that momentum to forward movement very rapidly or change directions rapidly. Thus gives you more impact power and makes you more unpredictable in your movements.
    b) The fact that other parts of my body are stiff are probably because of body control problems, injury avoidance techniques and natural stiffness that comes with age as I explained before.

Now is there type related stiffness added to this? I'm not sure. But when I'm e.g. sitting I look like a worm and really flexible. I think xSTjs maintain their upright posture even when sitting or lying down. I agree with F that I don't think I'm much like xSTjs. I should post some pictures of me sitting in a sofa with a probable ESTj and you could see the difference

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    No INFj or ENFj then?
    I can't see you being INFj since you a) kicked the camera b) didn't miss the camera c) jumped over the camera without accidentaly stepping on it.

And you seem delta, beta wouldn't make any sense imho.

So here's a thought. You seem very INFj to me, so what if you're ESTj.
    *ahem, ahem* We're not ALLL clumsy I really don't know though xox. I've watched your video twice already because it was fun and made me laugh.
    Hehe. Your video was so inspiring. I loved how elegantly and softly you move. I tried to mimic it but I'm too heavy

Lol. Funny thing happened related to this...I showed my video to my wife without thinking too much (as usual) and the conversation went like this...

Wife: "hmm..nice video but who is this Diana who inspires you so much?"

Me: "She is one person from the forum who made a video of herself walking and it was really inspiring and..."

Wife: "umm...so you are telling me you have been here watching videos of other women you have met in the internet, got inspired and now you are making videos of yourself and then give credits to these other women for being your inspiration?"

Me: "Well..yeah but I mean...you are missing the point...there was this thread about how INFjs walk and I was umm...I mean...yeah I can kind of see your point...but ok...perhaps I COULD have mentioned you too in the final credits as a source of inspiration...I mean YOU TOO walk really nicely and everything"

Wife: "That would have been sweet... "

Me: (damn ) "I'm sorry...I will do it next time...I forgot to look at this from your angle..."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

What type is your wife? I always forget.

And I still vote for ENFp for you
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    My mother isnt pigeon-toed like some of you describe. She walks with her feet straight and quite slowly.

I walk fast and straight. I only bounce when I jump up or down curbs/steps because I will launch off of one leg (like Mario!).
    Now you need to make a video to show us this I'm not pigeon-toed either - my feet are straight.
    I dont have a video camera.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    FDG did any types come to your mind when you watched his video though?
    ENFp!
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    No INFj or ENFj then?
    I can't see you being INFj since you a) kicked the camera b) didn't miss the camera c) jumped over the camera without accidentaly stepping on it.

And you seem delta, beta wouldn't make any sense imho.

So here's a thought. You seem very INFj to me, so what if you're ESTj.
    *ahem, ahem* We're not ALLL clumsy I really don't know though xox. I've watched your video twice already because it was fun and made me laugh.
    Hehe. Your video was so inspiring. I loved how elegantly and softly you move. I tried to mimic it but I'm too heavy

Lol. Funny thing happened related to this...I showed my video to my wife without thinking too much (as usual) and the conversation went like this...

Wife: "hmm..nice video but who is this Diana who inspires you so much?"

Me: "She is one person from the forum who made a video of herself walking and it was really inspiring and..."

Wife: "umm...so you are telling me you have been here watching videos of other women you have met in the internet, got inspired and now you are making videos of yourself and then give credits to these other women for being your inspiration?"

Me: "Well..yeah but I mean...you are missing the point...there was this thread about how INFjs walk and I was umm...I mean...yeah I can kind of see your point...but ok...perhaps I COULD have mentioned you too in the final credits as a source of inspiration...I mean YOU TOO walk really nicely and everything"

Wife: "That would have been sweet... "

Me: (damn ) "I'm sorry...I will do it next time...I forgot to look at this from your angle..."
    Pain in the ass j vs p problem.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Pain in the ass j vs p problem.
    Lol. I love your rationalizations I think I'm gonna take your advice and blame socionics for this instead of myself I mean these things are not uncommon at all...so perhaps it is a real type relations problem. But I can understand this incident well because she is pregnant and probably wants to feel really secure about herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    What type is your wife? I always forget.
    My wife is now confirmed ESFj, -subtype. She could be described as a rational version of ISFp with capability to when needed She is not as as some ESFjs I've met which was why she was hard to type (I was thinking of ISFj and ESTj too).

And I still vote for ENFp for you
    Ok. ENFp comes out pretty strongly. If I was ENFp I would probably be ethical subtype. That could explain why I'm thinking also INFj and ENFj.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ethical subtype too
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ethical subtype too
    Well that would explain how come we don't argue as often as I do with some other ENFps. And if we do argue it is most likely about ethics, heh.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I can understand this incident well because she is pregnant
    !! when is she due?
    Heh January...I think.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFJs walk strange?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I bumped into my friend's aunt who I stayed with last summer. She said that she recognized me immediately because of how I walk. I was like, do I walk weird. She said, no, it's cute. But I'm thinking, OMG, I walk weird! Is it type or is it just me? OMG! I walk weird.
    Evidently I walk weird, too. Ever since my mom and my sister (in separate conversations) commented on the way I carry myself, I've had trouble not being self-conscious. Being self-conscious just makes everything worse. I try to remedy the problem by practicing good posture in the mirror, memorizing the sensations, and discreetly practicing. I don't think it's working...
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

The INFj man I know walks all slow and weird, like he is being careful for no reason. I can't even picture how he runs. He walks like he talks...slowwwwww and careful, like he doesn't want to mess up or something...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from my observation, INFjs/ mtbi INFPs have a distinct elegance/gentleness in the way they move or stand. To me, they often give the impression that they are carrying something very fragile with them, even if they walk through a crazy crowd. There 's something ethereal about it. I think it is very reflective of their psyche, at least as i have come to view it with 3 INFPs i know very well.
    INTJ [mbti]
    INTp [socionics]

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Grek0
    from my observation, INFjs/ mtbi INFPs have a distinct elegance/gentleness in the way they move or stand. To me, they often give the impression that they are carrying something very fragile with them, even if they walk through a crazy crowd. There 's something ethereal about it. I think it is very reflective of their psyche, at least as i have come to view it with 3 INFPs i know very well.
    My younger brother (INFp) kinda glides across the floor... like how vampire's float around in the movies. He likes to wear trenchcoats too which just magnifies the effect. It's quite unsettling... I've already described my INFj walk at the start of this thread, but it's different from my brothers. I walk at least, even if it's all bobby and strangly fluid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grek0
    I identify with this description. I can be very careful in how I walk, but its very smooth. I have excellent lower body control. I've played soccer since a young child and I play hackysack these days. I have great flexibility, speed, and control of my legs and feet. I may not be your average INFj. Its not unusual for me to add a slight spin when walking out a door and if anything is in my hands then I'm likely manipulating it somehow. Overall, I'm very aware of my body and how my body relates to my environment. At the same time I can be very lazy and thus unfit. I do have more stiffness as I've grown older.
    INFj/INFP

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an abnormal gait, that affects my posture somewhat. I'm not stranger to bumping into things either, and have tripped over literally nothing before. I should not be trusted if I have a bunch of things to carry. I do have a ton of stuff that I bring everywhere, can keep okay track of it, but I may/will drop at least on thing. I was never particularly coordinated or good at sports, and PE was my worst subject in school. In descriptions, I have seen being ungainly in the way we walk as an EII, or else just a se PoLR trait.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

slightly stooped maybe my head bobs a bit due to poor posture and control
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All people have a unique walk. One of the ways to disguise yourself is to put something in your shoe. This changes the way you walk.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123