Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: INFjs walk strange?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    It's also been said to me before that I have bad outward motor skills, but very good inward motor skills. Whatever that means.

Maybe you should find out what the person(s) who said that means.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was such a long time ago, it's most likely impossible to get back in touch with them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    It was such a long time ago, it's most likely impossible to get back in touch with them.
    nothings impossible if you live the dream. man.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No trust me, it's impossible to get back in touch with them...

There's always miracles, but I doubt it.

(That was my fault. I should have been more direct.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother (ESFP) told me that I walk weird. My mother is actually always noticing "funny" things about the way I walk, stand, lie in the bed, the way I place my toes.

I know that I feel like I am walking wrong. I am not always completely comfortable in my walk. I do seem to place more pressure on the toes and front of the foot, I can develop thick calluses there because I've been walking like this all my life. Only in the last year or so have I even thought about this stuff. My walk is also rather quiet. Almost like grace. The faster or heavier I have to walk, the more uncomfortable I feel, super uncomfortable in fact. I am also very uncomfortable with running. I just don't feel right, don't feel completely connected, it feels fake somehow.

I like to walk if I can walk slowly. I love to walk slowly and can walk slowly around town for hours.

The video of Diana walking gave me a strange feeling. As I was watching it, it felt like that is how I walk, or how I'm trying to walk anyway. But I don't know, can't see myself.
    EII
    4w5, sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFJs walk strange?

stiff legs...walking on toes...hands swinging...toes pointing inwards...wtf? Is this really reliable...because I thought I might be INFj but I can't say I recognize any of these traits...I'm somehow restless when I walk, my legs are restless and chaotic, my toes are more likely to point outwards, I walk more often on heels than toes, uuuh I'm anti-INFj based on walking habbits And no one has ever told me I walk funny but instead I have a habbit of stepping on the heels of people who walk in front of me, constantly bumping into people who walk on my side (to the point where they think I do it on purpose), ... Is this absolutely anti-INFj? When I walk it is like I move as much sideways as forward I really need a lot of space when I walk. Doesn't sound INFj?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Okay, here's me walking. Hopefully the file is small enough. I don't know how to compress it.

http://www.box.net/public/agofbzxp0r
    This doesn't work anymore Can you put it back? Or is the website just down or something...the connection timeouted.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    One thing Ive noticed with the movements of INFJs is that they move like they are underwater. They dont have many swift, jerky movements (like an ENFP might). Everything seems somewhat deliberate, reflective. I observed this in one girl in school. I asked her to try some movements like flalling her arms around frantically ( which I demonstrated in my own hypercrazed ENFP way). She was reluctant but I begged her because I had to know if she could actually do it. Nope. Her arms were like downy feathers falling gently down. Ive have observed this over and over again with all the INFJs Ive known (around 7 I can identify) All of them have that gentle, slow, deliberate pattern of movement. Obviously 7 people is not enough to make a rule about it but it is my observation. Comments?

Man... I don't know what it is. Maybe it is a femininity thing. But something about INFjs like that really catches my attention. I like it.

I have a secret crush on a relativeof mine, who I am positive is INFj. She's just so damn sweet. It's almost like ..... I'm 'disgusted' by it, (but only on a superficial, mocking, internal level), and never show it... but really it's sort of a turn on.

@ Diana & Video....

That made me smile for some reason. But yeah, I see a lot of INFj there. My relative walks almost exactly that same way, and would probably do something in that nature of cuteness at the end, because she knew other people would be watching it, etc. Very methodical walking. I wonder if that has something to do with Fj - ness.... maybe not, though. An ESFj I know is like a louder, modified version of it - pounds the ground, and walks very stiffly, jaggedly. But she has a very rigid persona, a rigid sweetness, or excitableness.

I suppose what I like about INFjs is their grace and calmer-ness, but still being wickedly sweet and such.
    Oh, and I won't even talk about INFj hugs...

PS: As for how I walk, it depends on how focused I am. Generally speaking, I have a relatively confident walk. The same ESFj commented about it in that way, as her steps are much shorter. Though she is a very fast (impatient) walker. Sometimes I think of my steps as like a jogging stride, figuring out how to maxemize distance and efficency with each movement. Sometimes I can get too ahead of myself, or too far behind, and walk like I don't know where I'm going, but not usually. Also, my level of inspiration is a factor in how I walk.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    figuring out how to maxemize distance and efficency with each movement.
    C-h-r-i-s-t!! Maybe thinking about enjoying life instead of maximizing the objective function constrained to the selected path for each step?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Hahaha .... it got me to thinking about this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KuMW...&search=tulips
    you've really been watching this and storing it in your cortex?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    C-h-r-i-s-t!! Maybe thinking about enjoying life instead of maximizing the objective function constrained to the selected path for each step?

Hey, it's not like that. I enjoy myself and such.
    But sometimes walking gets boring, etc.
    And if I can do something better, consciously choosing doing something worse is not rewarding at all.
    But I don't walk that way all the time, just when I want to get somewhere swiftly. It was like a challange.
    And I do like to talk peaceful walks at time to time just to revel in the beauty around me, without measuring steps or anything. It is refreshing to just walk, actually.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Hey, it's not like that. I enjoy myself and such.
    But sometimes walking gets boring, etc.
    And if I can do something better, consciously choosing doing something worse is not rewarding at all.
    But I don't walk that way all the time, just when I want to get somewhere swiftly. It was like a challange.
    And I do like to talk peaceful walks at time to time just to revel in the beauty around me, without measuring steps or anything. It is refreshing to just walk, actually.
    Ah yeah, this way sounds good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Okay, here's me walking. Hopefully the file is small enough. I don't know how to compress it.

http://www.box.net/public/agofbzxp0r
    This doesn't work anymore Can you put it back? Or is the website just down or something...the connection timeouted.
    I think it's okay xox. Give it another shot, if it doesn't work, hmm, I don't know.
    It works Now I have to spend some time watching it. You seem so elegant there. As if you are gliding or something. Generally I don't pay much attention to how people walk so I'm not an expert of how INFj this is
    I don't think I walk like that but I have to video myself walking to be sure...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...my "type by movement" video is online I got carried away while experimenting with movie maker so it might have more entertainment value than real value ...but anyways...what is my type based on movement?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZrDgAUlprs

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK that's hilarious.

So in the chat we're thinking maybe ENFp
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-pokeball

Awesome!

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    OK that's hilarious.

So in the chat we're thinking maybe ENFp
    I guessed EXFp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you said that as I was typing the message.

Implied said maybe ESFp too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...my "type by movement" video is online I got carried away while experimenting with movie maker so it might have more entertainment value than real value ...but anyways...what is my type based on movement?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZrDgAUlprs
    Haha, that was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it. As for your type.. I agree with ENFp.
    NiTe | Socionix

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XoX, that was great.
    Should we all start making videos of ourselves for comparison?
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each foot turns inward when I walk, and I tend to walk on the toes.

And yes UDP, we can be so darn sweet. My INTP beloved is always adoring this quality of mine..."you're such a sweet girl" he reminds me frequently.

Creepy-pokeball

My mother isnt pigeon-toed like some of you describe. She walks with her feet straight and quite slowly.

I walk fast and straight. I only bounce when I jump up or down curbs/steps because I will launch off of one leg (like Mario!).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KhendraINFJ
    Each foot turns inward when I walk, and I tend to walk on the toes.

And yes UDP, we can be so darn sweet. My INTP beloved is always adoring this quality of mine..."you're such a sweet girl" he reminds me frequently.

I think it is because I am sort of inherently 'not sweet', or maybe because it is somewhat disarming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. INTP is always claiming that he isn't sweet, although I disagree entirely

I love the NF/NT match.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(because of you're general discussion post......)

I wonder if your boyfriend is INTj or INTp?

One INFj I knew was in a relationship with an INTp, but it didn't work out at all. And, if you have a strong "j" (socionics) / ratoinality preference, as you said, I would think it would be difficult to live with a moderate or strong p type. (speaking from my experience).

Just speculating, though.

I agree... I do like the NF/NT matchups, as far as MBTI theory is concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you mentioned that MBTI and Socionics have no correlation on another thread, so I don't know what he'd be considered then. All I know is that he is more introverted than extroverted, more imaginative than practical, better with inanimate reasoning than inanimate reasoning, and more spontaneous and go-with-the-flow than organized and scheduled.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, maybe he is INTp. Or he might be ENTp.
    Or he could be an Intutive Subtype INTj.

There are quite a lot of options, actually

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for everyone It was really fun to make that actually. More than I thought.

About the type...I'm pretty sure I'm not ESFp. So somehow I look ENFp here then I guess. I'm just curious why so sure about extrovert? I felt pretty introverted while I did that...jumping alone and spending time editing a video which doesn't have much useful purposes...isn't that kind of introverted? But ENFp seems to be the most common guess with some ESFps and even INTps. No INFj or ENFj then?

Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Should we all start making videos of ourselves for comparison?
    Lol. Yes! I initially thought I make a separate thread where I challenge everyone to do somekind of video of themselves or their pet or something but then I thought...what if no one gets interested?...it would be a thread with only my video in it...which would feel somehow weird

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No INFj or ENFj then?
    I can't see you being INFj since you a) kicked the camera b) didn't miss the camera c) jumped over the camera without accidentaly stepping on it.

And you seem delta, beta wouldn't make any sense imho.

So here's a thought. You seem very INFj to me, so what if you're ESTj.
    INFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pesto
    No INFj or ENFj then?
    I can't see you being INFj since you a) kicked the camera b) didn't miss the camera c) jumped over the camera without accidentaly stepping on it.

And you seem delta, beta wouldn't make any sense imho.

So here's a thought. You seem very INFj to me, so what if you're ESTj.
    Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    Aye pesto, I've wondered if he could be ESTj too but it's just a passing thought. I never reconsidered it afterwards.

XoX, it looks like you have pretty stiff shoulder/back. Is this right?
    I know xSTjs are often characterized as "stiff" as in

"ESTjs have a characteristic upright posture often appearing as if their backs are inflexible giving the impression that they are executing a military drill. In many cases ESTjs are slim. However, larger ESTjs are not exceptional, especially when applied to women. But even in these cases the figure retains its characteristic upright posture."

"ISTjs...Their heads are firmly fixed squarely to their shoulders and are practically immovable. Their necks appear to be inflexible so when they turn their head their shoulders usually follow."

I have thought about this. I do somehow have an upright and stiff posture, my hands don't move much from shoulders when I walk etc. So I can be mistaken for an xSTj for this reason.

The problem with ESTj is mostly that I doubt I have in my Ego-Block. I also have many people here commenting me on my lack of in many comments (but this should be verified in real life before I completely buy it ).

But really I'm not that stiff when I'm not moving. So perhaps it has more to do with body control. Or the lack of it. When I'm moving I become way more stiff looking than when I'm still. While kid/young I had many many sports injuries especially playing soccer (probably because my joints are very flexible and I lack fine-motoric body control). So I gradually developed a "stiff" style of movement where I try to make most of my body stay "stiff" so I can better concentrate on those parts that need fine-motoric control. In this video I was playing with my legs so my concentration was totally there. Perhaps that is why my upper body is pretty stiff. I can also make my lower body stiff and then my upper body becomes more flexible. But one of them has to stay stiff or I lose control of my body and easily sprain my ankles, knees, back or something or just stumble and fall.

I think lack of body control and learned habbit of compensating for that is more likely the reason than being naturally "stiff" in xSTj way. But I might be wrong. I do sometimes VI as an ESTj. It was one of the more popular VI options in my first VI attempt. And of course I'm not that young anymore which probably plays a role too If I try this stuff again after 5-10 years I probably end up in hospital or something

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People seem to be really worried about my camera So I have to make it public that I really didn't kick it too hard. It is an illusion. In the first kick I slow down the kick a LOT before I hit the camera and in effect I just gently flip it so that it goes face down (that is why the picture goes black). The sound of the hit seems hard because the microphone of the camera touches my foot/floor. You can make a sound like that by tapping the camera with your finger so it doesn't require much force. If you had been here you would have seen it as a very gentle "flip". In the second kick I flip the camera face up with the bottom of my foot but here also the touch is really very gentle.

If you accidentally drop your camera from your hand the hit it takes is 100 times harder than in either of these kicks. So don't worry about my camera. It didn't suffer at all Perhaps one reason for my stiffness is the amount of concentration it took to be nice for the camera while still producing an effect of a real hit If your face had been where the camera is it would have felt like a mild slap at most. So it was a planned stunt I'm not crazy enough to kick my camera around like a soccer ball I just wanted to add some dramatics and action to the end because I thought the video would too boring and short without it

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He ain't stiff like xstjs. Most of them can't even dance like that. Oh, and the music sucks. Put up like - Micheal Jackson, Wanna be startin' something, and make a new vid!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my INFj aunt walks strange, but she's got scoliosis
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast