Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Closer, the movie

It's such an introverted movie.

Anna (Julia Roberts)? -> ISTJ?
    Alice (Natalie)? -> ESTP? ISTP?
    Larry (what's his name)? -> ESTJ def.
    Dan (Jude Law)? -> INFP? INFJ?

I love the movie although I don't quite understand it.
    INFP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw it a while ago... I can't remember much about it. Not a memorable movie. Very depressing and pointless. (movies are supposed to entertain not cause sadness.)

I watched a clip of the movie just now (IMDB). I remember that I really disliked Alice when I watched the movie. Going through someone else's bag, not having any extra clothing and not caring about it... Ixxp or some sort.

Dan (Jude Law) does seem INFx.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen it but I love introverted movies. I 'll have to watch it. The last 'introverted' movie I saw was Angels In America. It basically left me with the same impression you got from this one - I loved it although I didn't fully understand it... I am putting this one on my to-see-list.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Closer i think a year ago. It's so...static. It doesn't happen much in the movie. There are only this four characters and what happens between them, dirty combinations and the like.

Alice was an ordinary skank, moving from one place to another. Her real name wasn't even Alice, Dan (Jude Law) discovers at the end of the movie that all her story was one big lie. I agree she was deffo a "p" of some sort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The movie "closer"

=)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was briefly discussed before:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...t=closer+movie
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTP? or ENTJ?
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, definitely seems ESTP. So that'd make Julia Roberts uhm...she strikes me as INTP or INTJ for some reason...perhaps INTJ and the ESTP supervises her...and perhaps Jude is INFP and the Alice girlie is uhm...ESFP?
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jude Law: ESFP. I know it sounds weird, but just look at his portrayal of Albie, and it works.

Julia Roberts: ISTP.

I agree on ESTP for Clive Owen.

INFP for Portman.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...relations are sorta weird, if those two are duals, then why didn't they end up together. I think Julia's INTJ... Jude seems more introvert.
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guys I don't know how you saw Clive Owen as ESTp, what other characters do you see as ESTp so that I have a relative comparison? For example I'd sa y the main character from "Thank-you For Smoking" was ESTp

I personally saw him moreso as an ENTj - N subtype. The way he was the victim of Jude Law's prank, also he confessed to cheating with a whore, while on a business trip, to julia roberts and when she admitted she was leaving him for Jude Clive was totally the victim. the way all his plans seemed well thought-over beforehand, his practice (as a doctor, he seemed accomplished and comfortable with his occupation's stability, indeed he seemed drawn to making sure there was stablity in his life in terms of both his job and relationship, indeed in the end he even orchestrated the re-newal of Jude Law's and Natlie Portman's relationship, as if he wanted to make everything go back to how it was, he was focusing on the past and the future moreso than the present)

I felt Jude Law's character on the other hand was ENFp N subtype.... but i'm not completely sure, reading over the few ENFp description I have though it seems most appropriate. furthermore his occupation as a writer and his perception to certain things (such as when he knew julia's character had fucked Clive's) seems in tune with the type...

Julia Roberts I think might have been an INTp T subtype in the movie. So her relation with Clive was 'mirror' and with Jude Was "Illusion." makes sense
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm interesting...you're right, Clive is ENTJ. Aww, I thought they're be duality in that movie. Not sure about Alice but she seems introvert but too blunt to be INFP, perhaps ISFP? Jude seemed intuitive especially with that scene in the end when he's like crying and asking Clive what he should do. Julia's either INTP or INTJ?
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Julia to be an INFP - she was too vulnerable and expressive (yet somewhat reserved) with her love to be a T-type. Frankly I saw a lot of myself in her - the sweet, yet depressive person who knew her feelings well but just didn't know what to do with them and found herself consumed by them. And her smile - she had an INFP smile throughout the whole movie.
    As for Jude Law, I agree that he's ENFP, N-subtype. The boyishness, the indecisiveness, the creativity, and the dreaminess put it all into place. I know a few ENFPs who are very much like him.
    Regarding Larry, I initially thought he was ENTJ, but now I'm convinced he's ESTP. Tough-minded, scrappy and unrefined, no-nonsense, logical yet practical, and extremely forceful. His hidden agenda - to be loved - was displayed loud and clear throughout the entire movie, which explains his displays of emotional desperation. And his ways of getting back at Jude Law and Julia Roberts remind me of this paragraph from the ESTP socionics description:
    When in confrontation, ESTps quickly focus on their opponents weaknesses, usually destroying them with one perfectly placed phrase. If this opportunity does not manifest itself, they have the skills to provoke the reaction they desire. ESTps are very slow to anger. And when they do become angered it is very difficult for them to calm down. They like games that require quick thinking and tactics and often win these games as they have great skill misleading and provoking their opponents into making bad moves.
    This isn't descriptive of all ESTPs, though, just the unhealthy ones (which Larry certainly was).
    Thanks for bringing up this topic - I've wondered about the types in this movie for quite some time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm. I can't tell apart ENTJs and ESTPs. Both arguments sounds convincing. Something about Julia pointed to T. I think Clive's more likely her supervisor than her dual but... If Jude is ENFP, then what is Alice?
    INFP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the ESFP feeling from her. She was definitely a doer, not a reflector. She traveled across the ocean on a whim to get over a bad relationship, she dressed crazily yet fashionably, she was courageous and bold, she craved attention, she sought out excitement and high-risk situations, she loved deeply and wore her heart on her sleeve, she didn't sugar-coat or hide what was on her mind, she thrived on new scenery and new beginnings (i.e. the last scene), and she acted instantly and reflexively upon her feelings (when she SPOILER ALERT unexpectedly told Jude Law at the end that she didn't love him anymore). Her character was definitely my favorite; even though she was lying, I still thought she was the strongest and most real of them all.