Thread: Type this relationship

Creepy-Diana

Default Type this relationship

Last edited by tereg; 05-07-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Edited by user request

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp-INFj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say contrary, ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going the opposite way that reminds me a little of myself, but more of how I percieve INTj and ENTj. But in the end I agree that semi dual is the most likely.
    INFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj sounds like to me, but could be an S type....

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Expat, ENFj.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but she did say the person was generally shy and quiet and I do not think your typical ENFj is shy or quiet. I think that Diana is right in her speculation, it does sound like an ISFj/INFj comparative relationship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj -- superego..
    thing.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type this relationship

Ok, let's take a closer look - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    She irritates the snot out of me. The things she says and how she says them seem so cocky and belittling that I find myself taking long walks or jumping on the trampoline or something to get rid of the irritation she inspires before I can respond.
    Sign of focus? Beta or Gamma quadras.

Paradoxically she reminds me of myself in many ways, even when we have very different views.
    Another IJ, another NF, another Delta? Same quadra unlikely, so INTj, ISFj, ISTj, ENFj, INFp?

It's her attitude that annoys me most. Have you ever witnessed a shy, quiet person transforming into someone loud and outspoken, and it seems unnatural? They begin to loudly criticize all those things they were before, as though to create a separation between them now and how they were? They speak of other quiet people as though they have now somehow risen above them? I've seen it IRL, and that's the same impression I get from this person. "Methinks thou dost protest too much." Very defensive.
    Personally I don't think that that sounds ISTj -- quiet yes, not shy.

I don't dislike her, even when I'm ready to scream out of frustration with trying to reason with her. It's, well, it's mostly that she doesn't often respect mine or anyone else's opinion, dismissing the majority of what we've said to focus on one or two things that she thinks she can argue with. Her competitiveness and arguing style remind me of a couple other people I know IRL, and it's so irritating when they say something so smugly, convinced of their rightness, and they've completely missed the point.
    and quadra values. Beta.

Although lately, I have noticed that she is toning this down, taking more into consideration, not being quite so hasty with her arguments, and not as often being ashamed to admit when she's overlooked something.
    No idea if that means anything.

An air of superiority, that's what I perceive. I once told her that I thought she might be a narcissist, and she didn't disagree. I find nothing wrong with confidence and a healthy sense of self-worth, in fact that's admirable. What bothers me is that it seems she must put others down to feel that way, and doesn't seem to feel that other people have as much value as she does. Like pride in overdrive.
    Again, Beta, but I guess an INFj could perceive a Gamma in that way.

There is a chance that I'm reading her completely wrong -- and it's a language barrier that is having such an effect on our communication. I see my own tendencies to be sometimes smug and proud reflected in her, she's a lot like how I was in my later college days, and I said some of the same kinds of things she did that now get me riled up.
    It's difficult to know what you're identifiying with -- IJ behavior, self-righteousness? That would speak for ISFj.

Some key differences -- she talks about needing things to be comfortable, being very sensitive to texture, etc. For me, I don't even notice that kind of thing, not very often. I'll happily sleep on the ground without a complaint, I've gone running in the wintertime in ND (well below zero) wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and things like that. Also, she seems to respect, to be in awe of people dominating others, and in contrast that makes me very uncomfortable. I don't like that at all.

Actually this last paragraph is what makes me think ENFj rather than ISFj, just like it makes me disagree with the view that Kristiina is ISFj. The thing suggests the ENFj PoLR but the ISFjs I know also like - but not necessarily need - comfort. But the "in awe of people dominating others" makes me think of Beta, so I'd say that even INFp would be more likely than ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This person is obviously very self-conscious and has self worth issues. That beign the case, she'll be more difficult to type because she's trying to be something she's not. The way she seems to be so worried about what others think of her could be Fe. I'm not convinced that she uses Se in a healthy way due to the nature of this description, but since Se is your PoLR, it *could* just be that it irritates you... more likely though, she doesn't use the function in a healthy way. The way you describe it, it seems like she's using Fe to cover up a weakness in either Te or Ti. One of those functions is prolly her Role or PoLR.

Some of the stuff towards the end sounds like Si. The fact that you mentioned that she seems to be someone who's trying not to be as shy as she once was and ridicules others for trying to be that way seems be to Fe, as well as introverted.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

If you're the type to put others down to increase your confidence, that means you're not very confident to begin with. I don't think that's type, that's just someone trying to be someone else and it bothers you but you like her because you knew her before the transformation, perhaps you have some sympathy for her too. I would smack her and tell her to wake up. Haha. Could be a low self-esteem E or a I who's bothered that she's an I...
    INFP