TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type is this guy

edit
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What type is this guy

I can't think of any straightforward answer.

He makes a bit of a sensory ESXp impression and in that case, if he's your husband's friend, ESFp, illusion, would be better than ESTp, contrary. ESFp would be your look-alike which doesn't have to be good.

This, however, is odd:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    But then when the waitress brought me the wrong dish, he thought it was awful that I would say anything to the waitress and ask for what I'd ordered. I didn't even like what she'd brought me. It turned out someone else was given my order so they just accidentally switched two orders. No biggie.
    I have difficulty seeing an ESTp or ESFp thinking that that would be awful. This guy has a problem on how to behave and how to evaluate people's perceptions of him. Perhaps role?

So a possibility is ESTj logical subtype, your husband's mirror, with specific tastes and whose and role function made him behave like an ass to you without realizing it.

The odd things are that he'd then be your activity partner - which should be good - but I can see how a subtype would annoy you, just like subtypes of ESFps annoy me.

Also, he behaves like a Narrator, and ESTjs should be Taciturns. But that would blur in a logical subtype.

It's not a very good scenario, though, I admit. Perhaps ESFp is better.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't tell me he thought it was awful, but he suggested I eat the salmon, and when I said I don't like salmon he looked at me like I was crazy and, again, an annoyance. That's sure what that look felt like.

Maybe he just thinks everyone who doesn't like salmon is crazy? I thought he was disapproving of my sending the salmon back for the chicken I'd ordered.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say...ESFp came first to my mind too but Expat already explained there was some untypical ESFp behavior. Last time I was out with an ESFp he went into the kitchen to complain directly to the cook about his meal (which wasn't even wrong meal just badly done in his opinion). They had a long discussion

So really hard to tell but let me throw in a new guess...how about ISTj? It is possible ISTps and ISTjs are some kind of distant friends and ISTj would be your conflictor. ISTjs can appear more extroverted than they really are, are very materialistic, make stereotypes and usually have a strong presence. Another option is ESTp but somehow I see ISTj more likely. Could be many other types too though...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking ISTj, too. He seems a little too extraverted for an ISTj but maybe Se subtype could work.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What type is this guy

you know, i think this guy sounds like an INTj, or some sort of alpha.

that could explain why your husband likes him, why you think he's obnoxious and giving very unwarranted advice.

my sister-in-law is ISTj and can act the same way, but she's not a braggart at all. ISTjs aren't supposed to be particularly fussy about their food (she's not. she'll eat whatever, although she likes good food. a lot.) last night, she was irritated at how people on motorcycles do wheelies and stuff on the highway (she more or less just said, "what a bunch of idiots." and left it at that.)

i don't think any of this sounds like an ESFp, really. i'm agreeing with XoX that ESFps give off more of a big kid vibe. this guy just sounds like a tool.

maybe he's supervising you? i mean, it seems like you'd likely get along with him a little better if he were ESFp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be impossible to tell an exact type from this... all I can tell is that he is an extreme Extravert (in the self-centered way)... NOT ISTJ at all.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't tell me he thought it was awful, but he suggested I eat the salmon, and when I said I don't like salmon he looked at me like I was crazy and, again, an annoyance. That's sure what that look felt like.

Maybe he just thinks everyone who doesn't like salmon is crazy? I thought he was disapproving of my sending the salmon back for the chicken I'd ordered.
    I see. That would be consistent with someone with in the ego.

ISFp, ISTp, ESFj, ESTj

We can rule ISTp out, an ESFj would be Nicky's husband's supervisor. ISFp doesn't look like it.

I agree with Rocky, but if I had to choose a type I'd still say ESTj - - not that all ESTjs are like that.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like most ESTjs. But this guy was an ass.

I did think as I was talking to him that he could be an ESTj but I didn't understand why I would react so negatively to an ESTj. It must just be this particular guy.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to think of more things he talked about to try to help. He spoke well of his children, but then complained that they were underachievers. He also spoke negatively about his wife. To me, to talk negatively about your spouse in front of another person is a very bad thing. But I had already decided I didn't like him by then. He talked about how he disciplined his kids and apparently he believes in physical discipline - like spanking. He joked about how his kids were afraid of him when they were little like that was a good thing.

Since I only talked to him the one time I'm afraid I don't have anything else to go on. He is interested in cars, like my husband, so that's the thing they have in common.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now he sounds ESTp to me. The whole physical discipline thing and the way he talked about it reminded me of a guy who I am almost sure is ESTp. He's a friend of my parents and everything you've said applies to him too. He talks a lot about his corparal treatment over his kids too and I remember him telling stories about his food choices too. Anyhow, I think this guy probably has Se in his ego, so my guess would be ESxp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, could be ESTJ (doubt ESTP as well).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess he could be ESTj too. I dismissed that before since ESTj/ENFp usually works ok. ESFp/ESTj/ISTj/ESTp are options then. Maybe INTj too but hmm...are you 100% your hubby is ISTp and not ISFp?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am positive my husband is ISTp. His dad is actually ISFp.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am positive my husband is ISTp. His dad is actually ISFp.
    Wasn't he ENFJ, and your mom ENTJ?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*MY* dad is ENFj and MY mom is ENTj.

My husband's dad is ISFp and his mom is ESFj
    -Mark Twain