View Poll Results: If you only look at the last 2 or 3 months, what type would you say I most likey am?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTj

0 0%
  • ENTp

8 32.00%
  • ISFp

2 8.00%
  • ESFj

0 0%
  • ISTj

0 0%
  • ESTp

0 0%
  • INFp

0 0%
  • ENFj

2 8.00%
  • INTp

0 0%
  • ENTj

5 20.00%
  • ISFj

1 4.00%
  • ESFp

4 16.00%
  • ISTp

1 4.00%
  • ESTj

2 8.00%
  • INFj

0 0%
  • ENFp

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: minus the life crisis

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default minus the life crisis

Honestly, I am not questioning my type... and I'm not starting this thread so I can hear 15 people whining about how I've changed my type 3 times (again people, let's look at this minus the life crisis). I have started this thread because it seems that when people talk about my type, they says things like "given your history of posting" and other similar things. Bottom line: If you only look at the last 2 or 3 months, what type would you say I most likely am?

I've included all possibilities because there are a couple of types (such as those suggested by Kristiina and Gilligan) that are completely out of the question, and I would not feel right including such types on a partial list.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-pokeball

*smirk*

Whine.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO:

Te > Ti
    Te > Fe
    Ni > Ne (when I'm not taking ADD medications)
    Se > Si
    Fi > Fe

Now there could be some dispute about whether Fi or Fe is stronger. A particular ENFp, for example, would say that I have weak Fi. I, however, believe Fe to be about people's moods and about societies ethical norms... Fi is more about individual relationships and one's own moral values. I use Fe because it is the language of the natives, if you will. I don't enjoy the use of Fe, and I find it rather uncomfortable when other people use it. Also, I do not see a need to shove Fi in other people's faces. Also, I believe that I value Fi, even during times when it is not particularly strong in myself. Anyone who has heard me gushing about my relationship (and there are a lot of you lol) can attest to this. One of the main things I need in a partner is that his presence creates a sense of family in my life and my home, something which I have a difficult time maintaining on my own.

Also, this description truly describes my ideal relationship quite well:

The Enterpriser' activities are pragmatically directed; he likes to spearhead the newest developments of science and technology up to practical implementation. He pays attention to everything unusual and less studied, but more willingly he is occupied with things bringing material profit. The Guardian needs such a hardworking partner, who can provide the necessary life standard; he helps his partner by accomplishing all undertakings, taking care of details and sparing material resources. Without such assistance The Enterpriser can be too extravagant, reckless and neglectful of his responsibilities, getting attracted to other things.

The Enterpriser sees perspectives and positive trends in development of business. He bravely takes risk, making great investments and bets. He is very optimistic and ardent in his dealings, which sometimes leads him to failure. But he never loses heart and with the same enthusiasm starts everything up again.

The Guardian likes such an impulsive and unpredictable partner, who does not let him get stuck with weighing all pros and cons of a decision. It helps to avoid the distressful feeling of uncertainty by confronting him with the fait accompli. Any waiting for the definite outcome is painful for The Guardian; he can becomes indecisive, too conservative and fussy. The Enterpriser with his characteristic sense of humor allays all his partner's apprehensions and takes the initiative in his own hands. He distracts from unnecessary details, thus targeting The Guardian to more global actions.

The Enterpriser is hardly capable of safeguarding achievements, keeping old traditions and customs. He neglects his own time (and sometimes others), when he has an interesting conversation. For these reasons he may be late for meetings and behind on commitments. By contrast, The Guardian is punctual and attentive. He 'calculates' his time and energy and then spends them rationally and evenly. He tries to makes sure that others are timely as well. His life may become monotonous when his partner does not inspire him with new projects and ideas, which he hardly notices on his own.

In communication The Guardian creates a certain distance, even when he tries to be kind and polite. He is mistrustful and critical and increasingly demanding. The Enterpriser creates a relaxed, natural and easy atmosphere of communication. But his jokes tend to be out of place or ambiguous.

The Guardian watches and corrects his dual's mistakes. He succeeds in doing this as much as The Enterpriser succeeds in releasing tension in relations with people. The Enterpriser may become a victim to people who exploit his unwariness. The Guardian understands the nuances of relationships and sees what people really want. He takes preventive actions to counteract deceitful people and actions. He thus saves his dual from false friends.

The Guardian diligently performs routine tasks; he is well aware of what people need not in the future, but in the here and now, and finds an active supporter in his dual.

The Guardian is capable of handling great tasks for extended periods without relaxation, enduring difficulties and illness. He can be quite tolerant, but if irritated, he may strike a blow in the enemy's most vulnerable spot, teaching him a good lesson. In achieving his goals he is insistent, demanding to himself and others, and thus he stabilizes his restless dual, who tends to squander his energy in conflicting directions.

The Guardian likes justice and objectivity. He wants to know what is legal and what is not. He is not sure of his own skills and is mistrustful of compliments, especially concerning his talents, possibilities and business skills. On the other hand, he is sure about his rights and power. Being well aware that The Enterpriser does not always properly protect his interests, he bravely repulses those who encroach upon them. He is thankful to the Enterpriser for demonstrating by real facts that there is nothing impossible for The Guardian, that he does everything well, either by himself or in cooperation with his partner.

The Enterpriser finds ways out of difficult and intricate situations and by doing this also inspires his dual with the feeling of a secure future, which is so important for this worrisome person. He suggests, what can be required from whom in certain affairs and why, who possesses which talents and how they can be used.

This dual pair is distinguished by such qualities as endurance, hard work and the sense of justice, which sometimes turns into critiquing self and others.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was the ISFj a joke? One of the more respected socionics hobbiests here suggested this type by VI alone.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You don't get Fi and first of all you should not interpret Fi by the way I supposedly use it. Fi does not shove anything into anyone's face. Se does that, triggered by an Fi-induced concern for individuals. Translating the process into "someone shoving Fi into someone else's face" (and I know you are talking about me) shows that you don't understand Fi, what it does and how it works with other functions.

And yes, you have weak Fi.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so anyways...

the only types that should have been in the running, imo, are ENTj, ENTp, ESFp, ENFj, and (for maizemedley's sake) ESTj
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One of the main things I need in a partner is that his presence creates a sense of family in my life and my home, something which I have a difficult time maintaining on my own
    There is your weak Fi.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    You don't get Fi and first of all you should not interpret Fi by the way I supposedly use it. Fi does not shove anything into anyone's face. Se does that, triggered by an Fi-induced concern for individuals. Translating the process into "someone shoving Fi into someone else's face" (and I know you are talking about me) shows that you don't understand Fi, what it does and how it works with other functions.

And yes, you have weak Fi.
    now that you mention it, the bit about shoving itself in people's face seems to be more Fe than anything, though I see your argument about Se

I did not post that believing that Fi shoves itself in people's faces... in most cases
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the main things I need in a partner is that his presence creates a sense of family in my life and my home, something which I have a difficult time maintaining on my own
    There is your weak Fi.
    yeah... it still shows that I value Fi, however
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    There is your weak Fi.
    yeah... it still shows that I value Fi, however
    That is no indicator for its strength. Every social being values Fi.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to what extent? is it one of the main things a partner can give them to make them happy and the relationship healthy are balanced?

alpha and beta value Fe over Fi
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted ENTp.

Maybe because that's what you claimed when I first joined the board.

But I think it has more to do with your willingness and ability to see underlying phenemona of various things, be it your version of socionics (right or wrong is not the point), how you view people and their approach of socionics, and how you seem to word things in such a way as to not be "held accountable" for the validity of your thoughts. (also for how you set up comments which (I believe) you know will provoke certain reactions that tend to come from not really reading what you stated and it's implications).

This is being based on the past couple of months, or at least since a little after DJ moved in with you.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted ESFp.

I think what Joy wrote about the functional preferences is relevant, so I can see her as Gamma. But I also think she is socionics irrational and not an INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

ESFp?

Are you serious?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joy is NOT an ESFp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    how you seem to word things in such a way as to not be "held accountable" for the validity of your thoughts. (also for how you set up comments which (I believe) you know will provoke certain reactions that tend to come from not really reading what you stated and it's implications).
    how does this point to ENTp? If anything I'd think it would be more indicative of ENFj or ESFp...

An ENTp that dislikes Fe? I suppose stranger things have happened.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Schoolboy
    ESFp?

Are you serious?
    I am serious in that I think it's a likely possibility.

joy is NOT an ESFp.
    Why not?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    joy is NOT an ESFp.
    Why not?
    Peter's Se and Fi are both far stronger than mine. If I'm an ESFp, I'm even more fucked up than I thought I was.

Back to this rational vs irrational thing... I still maintain that when I act like an irrational type, it's in an unhealthy manner, and when I'm at my healthiest, I act more like a rational type. The way I think of relationships very much fits the rational description. I think I am a rational type that acts irrational because of ADD (amongst other psychiatric issues) in a similar way to an irrational type that acts like a rational type due to OCD.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how you seem to word things in such a way as to not be "held accountable" for the validity of your thoughts. (also for how you set up comments which (I believe) you know will provoke certain reactions that tend to come from not really reading what you stated and it's implications).
    how does this point to ENTp? If anything I'd think it would be more indicative of ENFj or ESFp...

An ENTp that dislikes Fe? I suppose stranger things have happened.
    knowing what will get the rise out of the person is one usage of Fe, infps are notorious for this.... however, it could also be Te (the setting up part), and Ne (for looking into the person enough to get all those many juicy things about them that you can poke at)

I've never felt that you seemed to actually understand Fe.

An Ne/Fi person may notice what kinds of things could be triggered, but either wouldn't do so (Fi kicking in), or wouldn't do as good as a job as Fe usage is capable of. An Se/Fi person isn't so great at attending to the actual triggers.

Notice how the entj put people down. They may call people names and do all sorts of ad hominum attacks, but they don't set traps as well as you do. Also, their attacks don't generally hit the individual's triggers. (i didn't put Ni/Te because i think intps are capable of setting the traps and hitting the triggers)(no, i don't think intp is an option for you)

But this leads to Ni as a possibility as well.

Enfj is a possibility. But I'd wonder at Fe being your base.

So this leads to entj as a possibility..except for the trap-setting finesse you have which the other entjs here haven't shown.

i chose entp in part because a producing fe would support a producing ti. I can see how an accepting Fe could irritate a Ti producer. (as much as I love Te, i generally dislike estj te because it's never really..designed..around my specific situation. An "irrational"'s te is more acceptable to me.)

(and here i got distracted by a number of things irl)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who are the ENTjs you are refering to?

expat? yes, he's a mature ENTj

FDG? perhaps. we've talked about whether he's ENTj or ESTj. I can see how he could be an ENTj, but I haven't ruled out (in my mind) ESTj entirely. It's like I told him... it seems that when ENTjs work out, it's something that they do rather inconsistantly, and always with a specific goal in mind. With ESTjs, working out is just a part of who they are. They really enjoy working out, and they are more consistant about it. (Not that ALL ESTjs work out... )

as far as anyone else... it would take a lot to convince me that Benny is not ESTp. Ashton could very well be an ENTj, but imo it's just as likely that he's an ESxp, leaning toward ESTp (as he seems to value Fe).

Regardless... all of these people are men. Would you really expect females to be as tactless as males of the same type?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For this, we can go back as far as we want.

I have not once stated that I could see myself with an ISFp. In fact I believe I've always stated the opposite, in no uncertain terms. If anyone can find a single post where I state that I think I would do well in a relationship or want to be in a relationship with an ISFp, I'll mail you cookies, cakes, candy, AND doughnuts.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For this, we can go back as far as we want.

I have not once stated that I could see myself with an ISFp. In fact I believe I've always stated the opposite, in no uncertain terms. If anyone can find a single post where I state that I think I would do well in a relationship or want to be in a relationship with an ISFp, I'll mail you cookies, cakes, candy, AND doughnuts.
    I'm not sure what this is regard to...perhaps the entp vote?

Regarding isfps, you have had rather..bizarre..ideas when it comes to what an isfp is. As I've already said, i never felt that you understood what Fe was. And the kinds of claimes you've laid on as being isfp don't follow from isfp functioning.

An interesting thing I've been noticing is that many of the things you praise to others about Peter, are things that isfps do as well. No, i'm not saying that peter is isfp, I am only saying that you seem to respond well to some SiFe-ish type behaviors. Particularly behaviors that fall under Gulenko's "Care-full" attitude.

Would you really expect females to be as tactless as males of the same type?
    I would expect an ENTj to TeNi. Whether male or female.
    There is the matter, however, of the Fe as a "role" function. However, according to socionics (and personal experience as well as experiences described by some others), a person inhibits their base function when they step into "role" functioning. Consistent usage of this mode of functioning leads to lowering one's self-esteem.

From this, I would expect that an ENTj who is constantly focusing on an objects' internal processes, internal changes, moods, emotional activity, arousability, excitation, and subduedness, is going to develop some personal issues. In essence, in order for the ENTj to step into Fe role, they wind up acting much like an ENFj, only not as...um...stable. (the same applies to an enfj stepping into te role would seem like an unstable entj)

----
    If one wants to consider subtypes:

Just as I would expect an eNfp to sometimes seem similar to an eNtp, so I would expect an enTj to sometimes seem like an esTj.

However, that would probably apply as well to an enFp sometimes seeming similar to an esFp, and an eNtj seeming like an eNfj.

----
    I did not vote to argue for a "truth" or a "fact". The poll asked for opinions, I gave mine. I am willing to attempt to further clarify my opinion if you continue to ask specific questions about it, however, it is only, an opinion.
    ---

(edited to add: lately I've been thinking that an enfp who steps into role mode seems to act more like an isfj than an esfp. the enfp is certainly more... forceful... in their opinions than an esfp shows. But if this were to be the case, then an entj stepping into role mode would seem more like an infp than an enfj. More observation is needed, though.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some people lose a lot of common sense after analyzing socionics too much.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I think some people lose a lot of common sense after analyzing socionics too much.
    Was this comment refering to me?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, in general not at anyone, just a comment about all of us here. But, specifically, at Joy.

(and I refuse further comment about anyone else's type on this forum at all. )
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is the matter, however, of the Fe as a "role" function. However, according to socionics (and personal experience as well as experiences described by some others), a person inhibits their base function when they step into "role" functioning. Consistent usage of this mode of functioning leads to lowering one's self-esteem.

From this, I would expect that an ENTj who is constantly focusing on an objects' internal processes, internal changes, moods, emotional activity, arousability, excitation, and subduedness, is going to develop some personal issues. In essence, in order for the ENTj to step into Fe role, they wind up acting much like an ENFj, only not as...um...stable. (the same applies to an enfj stepping into te role would seem like an unstable entj)
    Exactly. That's why there are people like me, gilligan, implied, msk, etc.

As far as the stuff about Peter, I can see why you'd think that, based on what I've said about him. You'd have to be here to really understand, though. I'd rather not go any further into this here. I will say though that I am certain that Peter is not ENTp. All signs point to ISFj. I wouldn't expect people who do not know him irl to agree with this. If anyone would have suggested this before I lived with him, I would have told tham that they're out of their fucking gourd. I have talked to a number of people (people who are respected as being knowledgeable about socionics, whatever that's worth), and all said that they can see him being ISFj. Bleh I'm gonna go start a type thread for him.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDG? perhaps. we've talked about whether he's ENTj or ESTj. I can see how he could be an ENTj, but I haven't ruled out (in my mind) ESTj entirely. It's like I told him... it seems that when ENTjs work out, it's something that they do rather inconsistantly, and always with a specific goal in mind. With ESTjs, working out is just a part of who they are. They really enjoy working out, and they are more consistant about it. (Not that ALL ESTjs work out... )
    I think it's less clear-cut. I think working out is more like an habit you get in and out of. What you wrote about ENTjs does apply to me. At the moment, I am not working out very much. But I have gone through periods in my life where I've done it very regularly. I usually do start with an specific goal in mind, as you say -- to lose weight and get into shape. But after that is accomplished, I get into the habit and continue until something major happens (usually a change of location) that makes me stop working out, and then I may go through a phase of less activity in that aspect.

Basically I don't think that this is evidence for typing -- unless in the case of people who do nothing but work out, perhaps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha... ENTj 3 votes.
    Who said ENTj besides Joy and DJ? Who was the third?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You amazingly resemble rmcnew in his period of type confusion.
    I was away recently and now am leafing over so it might stray from the precondition of time, but your 1st post of this topic strongly reminded me of him. It's not sure whether about type unsettling or ENTpness though.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why there are people that are so unsure of their type? What's the puropose??
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Why there are people that are so unsure of their type? What's the puropose??
    Oppositely. I have no purpose nor hope to be certain about my type, so I don't care about keeping it undetermined.
    ex-nameless ixtp
    *** Warning - Risk of poor communication and late response.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh true! I didn't think about the issue from that angle.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think it's less clear-cut. I think working out is more like an habit you get in and out of. What you wrote about ENTjs does apply to me. At the moment, I am not working out very much. But I have gone through periods in my life where I've done it very regularly. I usually do start with an specific goal in mind, as you say -- to lose weight and get into shape. But after that is accomplished, I get into the habit and continue until something major happens (usually a change of location) that makes me stop working out, and then I may go through a phase of less activity in that aspect.
    Same for me.

Basically I don't think that this is evidence for typing -- unless in the case of people who do nothing but work out, perhaps.
    Both of the ESTjs I know really well feel unwell if they don't workout a couple hours a day. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Hahaha... ENTj 3 votes.
    Who said ENTj besides Joy and DJ? Who was the third?
    Peter voted ISTp. He knows I'm an ENTj.

He sees even less reason to have take this forum's opinions seriously than I do. I'll at least ask and vote honestly, even if the results won't matter to me.
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

9 more types to go before I can officially call you Rainbow.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

types that are absolutely out of the question:

ESFj, ISFp, INFp, ISTj, ISFj, ENFp, ISTp

types that are more than 2% likely:

ENTp, ENFj

types that are more than 95% likely:

ENTj
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both of the ESTjs I know really well feel unwell if they don't workout a couple hours a day. Perhaps it's just a coincidence.
    I think it's true for people whose bodies got "addicted" to working out, independent of their type.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not asking what my type is. No matter what the poll results are, it won't change my type.

I was just curious. I think I'm a hell of a lot different right now than I was 5 or 6 months ago.
    SEE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast