Thread: IEE or SLI

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE or SLI

Well, I'm at a loss. Just got back from a social gathering, read up on some wikisocion stuff and for the first time I'm beginning to wonder if I'm an IEE and not an SLI.

I'm 100% positive, when it comes down to the romance styles of Socionics, I fall under either Caregiver or Infantile. Pretty sure I'm Aristocratic as well, but haven't gotten much else figured out.

Just so you guys know, I've been closed off emotionally for a good 7-8 years now and tonight I finally decided to start trying to open up to people. So maybe that has something to do with it?

The thing is, earlier today I was watching some vids of celeb IEE's and it was naturally triggering this caregiver side of me. My attraction to their personalities was natural as well. Then tonight I talked to another one of my buddies who's probably SLI and after reading up on IEE/SLI duality, I almost feel better thinking about having a buddy like that looking out for my physical needs and worrying about practicality(appreciated that in the past). But when I talk to/am around IEE's, I start thinking about their needs and objective practicality(which I've also done in past relationships).

It's like, when I'm around SLI's(supposed), I feel like I could be IEE, but when I'm around IEE's(supposed), I feel like I could be SLI. Can't seem to get a grip on which I am, if either.

Anything out there that can help me figure this out? Also, I talked to an IEE(supposed) buddy of mine tonight about finally opening up, do you guys think that mixed with actually trying to open up, could be causing some of my current confusion?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're around people you like [and I'm using "you" in a general sense], you don't treat them like you would later in the relationship. At first, in the flirtation or wooing phase, you treat others like you would want to be treated. When I first meet people, I could come off as SEI. Not fully, if they knew anything about socionics, but I see where it would come from. Without thinking, I automatically do something like, "Well, I'd like someone if they offered me food and asked me these sorts of things about feelings and life and dragged things out of me while being emotive and talkative at the same time", so I do that. It actually takes a few meetings and being comfortable with them before I let out and be "myself"; quieter, surly, not nearly as caregiving, and a bit of a whiner.

Also, I read somewhere or heard someone say [not sure so maybe not put too much stock into this], that when two identicals are together, one acts more dual-y than the other. I know this happened when I dated my identical and it was exhausting. I didn't learn about socionics til later, but once I did, it clicked. I'm not made to caregive lol.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    Also, I read somewhere or heard someone say [not sure so maybe not put too much stock into this], that when two identicals are together, one acts more dual-y than the other. I know this happened when I dated my identical and it was exhausting. I didn't learn about socionics til later, but once I did, it clicked. I'm not made to caregive lol.
    Still could go either way, though. Seems like it's happening with both SLI and IEE, not really sure which is natural if either, especially seeing I've been so closed off the past few years.

I know SLI and IEE are very different, but are there any definite, telltale signs between the 2?

Just trying to find something I might identify with.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    It's like, when I'm around SLI's(supposed), I feel like I could be IEE, but when I'm around IEE's(supposed), I feel like I could be SLI. Can't seem to get a grip on which I am, if either.
    Are you a 9?

Well, the whole duality thing isn't very helpful for finding type in my opinion.
    I had this discussion with @Phthalate recently about duality being kinda meh. It isn't necessarily an ideal relationship dynamic; it depends on what you want from the relationship. He and I decided that for ourselves, duality seems meh. It seems too complementary and not all that exciting with less room to grow as individuals than other dynamics. I think it's a pretty individual thing. For some people, duality may be what they are looking for or really need; for others, it may not necessarily be.
    Cut short, maybe worry less about dynamic to discover your type, and focus more on the types themselves.

You could be either type; the potential exists I'm sure. I hope to interact with you further Mechman! I remember you from awhile back. Your name is terribly (in a good way) SLI-ish.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

um, who are you?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Are you a 9?
    I'm pretty sure I'm either an 8w9 or a 9w8, leaning more towards 9w8 at this point.

Well, the whole duality thing isn't very helpful for finding type in my opinion.
    I had this discussion with @Phthalate recently about duality being kinda meh. It isn't necessarily an ideal relationship dynamic; it depends on what you want from the relationship. He and I decided that for ourselves, duality seems meh. It seems too complementary and not all that exciting with less room to grow as individuals than other dynamics. I think it's a pretty individual thing. For some people, duality may be what they are looking for or really need; for others, it may not necessarily be.
    Cut short, maybe worry less about dynamic to discover your type, and focus more on the types themselves.
    Yeah, funny thing is I was riding a buddy of mine about this a couple of months ago. Kept telling him, "Dude, you can't discover yourself through duality...you have to know yourself first." Now I'm here, doing more or less the exact same thing. I agree though, it was a bad on my part.

Your name is terribly (in a good way) SLI-ish.
    Yeah, I made it back when I was in a typology funk, to be honest. Around a year ago I was getting tired of my name on another forum and saw a guy named "MechaGeek." Thought that sounded pretty ISTPish(MBTI) so I took the Mech part and just threw man on the end of it. Now I just roll with it because I can't think of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    um, who are you?
    A secret governmental agent.