Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's cool about being IJ?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's cool about being IJ?

Last edited by willekeurig; 05-17-2015 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess IJs continue to exist because some of us enjoy loosening them up.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I've investigated and come to the conclusion that IJ people are mostly rigid, stressed, dispassionate, predictable, passive-aggressive & boring people that expect others to initiate contact and lack fun big time. Why hasn't the natural selection done its job yet?
    Sometimes they're cute.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't mind being ij at all. we're calm and unflappable and can firmly stick things through when others wimp out or get distracted. we're not too lazy and we don't get our panties in a wad over every little thing. we're like assassins. cool cucumbers hehe.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i don't mind being ij at all. we're calm and unflappable and can firmly stick things through when others wimp out or get distracted. we're not too lazy and we don't get our panties in a wad over every little thing. we're like assassins. cool cucumbers hehe.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJs don't make less stupid mistakes. This is from an EP pov.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the Ij, but I consider myself a very stable and grounded person. I'm like the tree planted firmly on the ground whilst the turbulent winds and storms hast attempted to topple in vain, and thine small birds perch on mine branches and poop, thus fertilizing my soil. *bows*

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EPs tend to make more drastic mistakes
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the reinin descriptions from that one test, one might say that IJs use their imagination and reflections to grasp the state of a situation at a given point in time. They assess that incoming info, and then draws from his/her personal experience in finding solutions/responses to the situation.

To me, this seems like a very calm and centered approach to situations.

It might lead to repetitive/off response patterns if the IJ has limited personal experiences with that kind of situation to draw from. But if the IJ gains, or has gained, a variety of experiences, then they will have a wider variety from which to draw from.
    Either way, like Aqua said...IJs will likely make less (wildly) stupid mistakes than EP.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What's cool about being IJ?
    Being EII - fi/te quadra.

I know, I should write books.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've investigated and come to the conclusion that IJ people are mostly rigid, stressed, dispassionate, predictable, passive-aggressive & boring people that expect others to initiate contact and lack fun big time. Why hasn't the natural selection done its job yet?
    Human society need ppl who cant be passionnate, cant be anything. While other are happy go lucky, have fun, passionate, have a life bursting of experiments, Ij do the dirty work and become gradually robotic. But dont fear, in some time you will end revendicating it, like a slave offering his life to his master.
    The natural selection always do great, you see.
    haha.
    Last edited by noid; 05-18-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because LSE's need 'em, and LSE's regulate the world.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't find anything particularly cool about being IJ, nor do I hate it; it just "is".
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I stayed with my EII sister a while back I actually found a lot of benefit from structure. She thought a certain time was bed time and this actually really helped me. Now I'm back to my schedule though (or rather lack of schedule). I suspect that some aspects of self-discipline come more easily and automatically to IJs than to irrationals. In fact I think that XSIs really take the cake on self-discipline. The other thing about my EII sister is this air of accountability and responsibility. I feel less liable to hold myself accountable and less liable to be responsible.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

one of first things i thought of regarding Ijs' value is their role in the socion. in groups, or even in the grand scheme of things, they help bring about stability in the system - as opposed to Ep types, who do the opposite, e.g. some ILE descriptions talk about the element of "chaos" that they bring to their endeavors. Gulenko (LII) mentions the instability brought about by Ep types in one of his social progress articles:

Under Marshall's [SLE's] rule do not expect stability ever.
    If SEE is allowed to manage a system, it will come to anarchy. Absolutely.
    IEE brings elements of absurdism and disorganization.
    nothing like that is written about the Ij types.

Ij temperament is also called "balanced-stable" temperament. i guess you could say that Ijs play the stabilizing roles within the system: they're the perfectors (LII), structurists (LSI), guardians (ESI), and edifiers (EII).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're a social necessity.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, many people in general are stressed, dispassionate, predictable, passive-aggressive, and boring. I estimate you being Sx first + Ne sub would be why you don't identify with those IJ descriptions, assuming that you don't actually identify with them in the first place.

FWIW I hardly identify with the descriptions of EP as spastic, forgetful, easily distracted puppy dogs that they tend to get.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are just jealous of my system to which I neurotically cling.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    When I stayed with my EII sister a while back I actually found a lot of benefit from structure. She thought a certain time was bed time and this actually really helped me. Now I'm back to my schedule though (or rather lack of schedule). I suspect that some aspects of self-discipline come more easily and automatically to IJs than to irrationals. In fact I think that XSIs really take the cake on self-discipline. The other thing about my EII sister is this air of accountability and responsibility. I feel less liable to hold myself accountable and less liable to be responsible.
    She's trying to help you.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We keep a cool head and don't get rattled too much; we have a hard time understanding people and why they do things, but situations never get the better of me; you'll never hear me say "I don't know what to do here," because I can grasp the state of a situation very well.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like having control over fate. it is the closest thing to the experience of being God. every other type is generally under influence of something other than their personal discretion:

EP: whim, randomness
    IP: helplessness, aimlessness
    EJ: hard work traps, impersonal duties
    IJ: self-direction, personal duties

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    good bye

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@gambit did you read the op???

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    good bye

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    Is it just me or did you intentionally go with all the negatives of the other temperaments in order to make any positives that IJs have more starkly contrasted?

Okay, how about this to balance out your post:
    EP: fun to be around, can turn a bad situation into a positive one
    IP: perceptive, easy to get along with, knows their ass from their face
    EJ: encouraging and motivational, always attempts to do their best, keeps things running
    IJ: anal-retentive, can't handle not being in control, always has to be 'right'

no, it's just a certain respect in which IJs have it better than the other temperaments. and it's an important one to me.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They help me EJ's feel better and special because they laugh at my jokes, without them there would be no audience.
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    They help me EJ's feel better and special because they laugh at my jokes, without them there would be no audience.
    *confused* So, are you and EJ or an NF?
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    *confused* So, are you and EJ or an NF?
    I was confused as well. After spending time thinking about it, the little symbols on the signature says Fe-Ni. So it would appear that other EJs are laughing at the jokes. (Or that Variant meant IJ)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about temparaments in general for the last few days and I've come up to the conclusion that maybe the definitions are too rigid... IMO we usually have SOME traits of certain temperaments but not all of them. I think the theory of socionics will change in the future, like almost everything does. The more people research it, the more changes/modifications will apear. I'm also inclined to think subtypes affect your rationality/irrationality.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ver View Post
    I've been thinking about temparaments in general for the last few days and I've come up to the conclusion that maybe the definitions are too rigid... IMO we usually have SOME traits of certain temperaments but not all of them. I think the theory of socionics will change in the future, like almost everything does. The more people research it, the more changes/modifications will apear. I'm also inclined to think subtypes affect your rationality/irrationality.
    This may be me being too rigid, boring and predictable, but it's nice to have a system which doesn't have too many nuances and inconsistencies? I mean, I guess if temperament is more complicated than the current system, it might do service to change it, but I'm not sure the temperaments are necessarily too rigid as they are. And I also like them all neat and tidy.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

anything that doesnt account for 7 billion people is rigid so i think saying any dichotomy is too rigid kind of misses the point.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We just want logical consistency in thing. Between what you say and what you mean to say. When you say Ej but mean Ij; we want to know if what you meant was consistent with what you said; and lung, noticing that people post two clips of pictures isn't a form of Ij; it has nothing to do with consistency of meaning because both pictures mean the same thing. This is why in the other thread where you asked why cpig posted the two things, one under thumbnail, that didn't correspond with internal logic of things. It's more of internal sensation; it bothers you somehow that there are too many things of the same kind posted all over, so to say, this is also what I've noticed of Minde's behavior, in the past; it certainly does not correspond with mine and other Ijs that I've observed.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've investigated and come to the conclusion that IP people are mostly unreliable, lacking self discipline, passionate about either meaningless sensory stimuli (Si) or like this guy (Ni), predictable in the fact that they complain about wanting something that takes work, then acting impulsively, lazy & stupid people that expect others to get rid of their inertia and make them try fun new things. Why hasn't the natural selection done its job yet?

I've investigated and come to the conclusion that EP people are mostly unreliable, lacking self discipline, ADHD based meaning they are passionate only for a few minutes then forget and move on,
    predictable in the fact that they complain about wanting something that takes work, then acting impulsively, overly-aggressive & selfish people that expect others to either baby them in every sensory way possible or to tell them what to do because they can't see two steps ahead. Why hasn't the natural selection done its job yet?

I've investigated and come to the conclusion that EJ people are mostly rigid, stressed. . . blah blah blah you get the point.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    good bye

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the IP temperament is probably the least capable of controlling it's own fate of all 4 temperaments if we go by 99% of what is written about temperaments. if you want to diverge from the accepted lingo to that extent i suggest you take your musing to a non-socionics forum or start your own, lonely and useless personal socionics school.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like being IJ. I'm passionate. actually alot of IJs I know are very passionate. in a focused way, where they actually go after their passions.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    I had a childhood friend who, looking back, was LSI. I thought he was too narrow-minded - too controlling in that he had a hard time accepting people if it meant compromise in any way, would get irritated and annoyed when things weren't executed as planned, would conflict with people for the sake of his own benefit, but also was not capable of taking other people into consideration - for his own benefit as well as theirs. People would hate him because he wouldn't look at other people in the eyes in a social setting if he didn't care about social expectations, but this would create problems for him and anyone associating with him. All of these things would create problems for him that I could see from my perspective, which I'm sure he would deny from his perspective.

Anyway, point is, considering the above quote, I could say the same thing regarding IPs, and it comes down to personal bias. Your idea of IJs having more choice or control over fate depends on what it is they want to control. Each temperament is looking to control their lives in different ways that creates a cognitive bias towards that way of life.

Now I expect a pink gorilla or something similar, please. Or perhaps something new?
    you're coming into this thread to talk shit about IJs i dont understand this. do you have a grudge? do you think they need to be taken down a peg? it just seems kind of bitchy.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I envy the stability of IJs, they seem to have their lives under control. I've noticed that me and other EPs' lives usually tend to be a wild mess.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    good bye

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then I found it offensive to be told IJs are the closest to God
    lol, on which basis have this been said ??? Anyway I agree with the ego part.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast