Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sociotypograph - determine your type by selecting 3-4 Reinin traits

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Must you use semi-famous people as type names? I don't even remember which one is supposed to be LSE. (And I probably couldn't spell it if I did.)
    study sheet

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    if this is what tactical means then i'm definitely tactical. i picked it at first and then i got confused and unclicked. i hate how all the little pieces of wording in all these different descriptions throws me off.

Can become 'emotionally hooked', and can have a strong reaction to a particular part or section regardless of their feelings towards the entirety.
    - wikisocion constructivist description
    ?????

this post is pointless and confusion-breeding. i think you're some Ni base ftr. just thinking out loud from seeing your post.

reinin dichotomies are hard!
    Are you accusing my post of being pointless and confusion-breeding??? If you were, I would be flabbergasted to be sure.

Hmm. Regarding the Emotivist descriptions I think that both actually work for me to mean something similar. The one on the test suggests first perceiving the emotional implication of something (it need not be of the whole thing, it could simply be a reaction to one thing that ignores the entire broader picture) over the larger meaning. I could see someone who tends to do this also tending to perceive first the emotion behind someone's point while their own mood somewhat adjusts to it, rather than actually hearing the point which may not align with the perceived emotions. So inside one might throw an emo fit over one little point without evaluating the entire subject or even taking the time to. I really do see myself in some ways as being prone to this. I think I do it in a less emo way while still doing it. It's easy and perhaps intellectually lazy to zero in one thing (never mind if it's relevant) and have a reaction to it. I really think that I can tend to do this at times and I see it as a flaw. For instance you could say I did this in Aqua's Dead Cat Artist thread.

Anyway I think the description on the test and the one you quoted seem to kind of be getting at the same thing.

I've never really been able to apply the Reinin dichotomies and I don't really think they're going to be terribly useful in the end or even that they line up neatly to Model A. But this doesn't seem to stop me from posting. Sniff.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Are you accusing my post of being pointless and confusion-breeding??? If you were, I would be flabbergasted to be sure.
    ahahaha. no, mine.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol at some of the alternative nicknames..

Sle or "voldemort" (EII as "Harry Potter" of course) Lsi - is "Stalin" "batman???", "saddam hussein" SEI "Winnie the pooh" IEE "donkey from shrek"

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Quickly absorbs new information, but because of poor digestion doesn’t keep it in memory for too long."

^^ I totally relate to this, I didn't know it had to do with being an intuitive.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Lol at some of the alternative nicknames..

Sle or "voldemort" (EII as "Harry Potter" of course) Lsi - is "Stalin" "batman???", "saddam hussein" SEI "Winnie the pooh" IEE "donkey from shrek"
    Really? I'm only familiar with those last two. Can't you use names everyone knows? Like
    LSE: Scrooge McDuck
    EII: Abraham Lincoln
    IEE: Jon Arbuckle

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Ethical Intuitive Introvert (EII) INFj Humanist / Empath Maritsa
    fixed

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great tool.

I was left with these possibilities ENTp, INFp, ENTj & INFj.

Chronic Procrasturbator Nomenclature's Avatar
    TIM
    ESFp 3w4 SX/SO??
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, I'm impressed. It's so simple but effective. I like that you can choose just the traits that stand out to you the most.

Sensing, process-oriented, obstinate, strategic, objective... ESFp/SEE it is.
    Genghis Khunt, drippin' like twater.
    tumblr (nsfw)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ones based soley on your descriptions that felt most like me were: ethical, negative, declaring, emotive, result, carefree, and reasonable. The others I didn't feel strongly about.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introvert, Sensing, Asking, Result, Carefree, Reasonable

That's the first description I've read about SLI's public humiliation. Sounds more emo than the IEI description. True enough for me though. I used to get in fights for the dumbest things.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Like Slacker, I'm a bit skeptical of Reinin as well. Said many times before it is going to produce different results from your own self-typing leaving you confused. Applied on someone else as well, take the author of sociotypograph for instance and his Reinin typing of anndelise. All in all, you have to know what you're doing.

As for the tool itself - it is neat.

TIM
    LII (Robespierre)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    one thing i want to note though is that the type descriptions on there are atrocious.
    I quite agree with you, actually.

I slightly rewrote descriptions I found on another website, and those were nothing more than a very poor translation of so-so descriptions in Russian.

If you're an English native speaker, who's passionate about the language and would like to help the project, please contact me at mikhail@zhilkin.com

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'm doing this test on my phone and only portions of the directions showed up so correct me if i'm wrong, but we're supposed to choose 3-4 out of that whole list of traits that we feel like describes us the best? Doing this, I came up SLE.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Like Slacker, I'm a bit skeptical of Reinin as well. Said many times before it is going to produce different results from your own self-typing leaving you confused. Applied on someone else as well, take the author of sociotypograph for instance and his Reinin typing of anndelise. All in all, you have to know what you're doing.

As for the tool itself - it is neat.
    I'm thinking that it's perhaps best to use Reinin's traits as a separate personality theory than as being descriptive of socionics functions/elements. Or as a subtype system.

For example, very few if any people doubt hkkmr's self-typing of NeTi. Yet it's blatantly obvious when watching hkkmr in forum posts and forum chatbox that he is a Declaring type. He rarely, if ever, asks questions unrelated to the functioning of the website, and even then it's usually in the form of a statement of some kind. Instead he goes off on long monologues, often ignoring the input/ideas of others. According to Reinin, this is not an NeTi trait.

Yet, it's also supposed to be the trait of the socion's "Psychologist". The type that's supposed to be aimed at grasping people's problems and interests! The one that likes to delve into people's minds and see things from a variety of viewpoints. How is monologuing and not asking questions supposed to help with that?? I can understand it when it's in say...written form mode, such as forum posts, or in "teacher" mode, but not when actually interacting real time with people.

So yeah, I wouldn't trust Reinin's dichotomies to accurately give a socionics type. I'd see it more as it's own typing system...or as flavoring.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Ok I'm doing this test on my phone and only portions of the directions showed up so correct me if i'm wrong, but we're supposed to choose 3-4 out of that whole list of traits that we feel like describes us the best? Doing this, I came up SLE.
    Which traits? If that's not too personal. (I'm not asking for typing purposes, I'm just personally curious.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII (Robespierre)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the webpage is best to be viewed on a 1200x768 screen, at least. Although it seems you're doing quite all right with a phone, too :-)

Yes, you're supposed to choose 3-4 traits, then read the description of the matching type(s) and decide whether it fits (or which one fits better).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dichotomy that always stands out the most to me is the asking/declaring. I can pick up on that so quickly with people. It just seems super obvious, in most cases.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    This worked surprisingly well for me, well done! I ended up with LII and IEI, which are the two I'd pick for myself...
    same! (although I'd never pick LII for myself but that's what came up for me, also.)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Which traits? If that's not too personal. (I'm not asking for typing purposes, I'm just personally curious.)
    Ok so I redid it multiple times at home on a computer and consistently get ESI. I think if i could, I'd be some SLE/ESI/SLI mixture. But these are the traits I identify with the most:

Negative
    Asking
    Result Oriented
    Decisive

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that it's perhaps best to use Reinin's traits as a separate personality theory than as being descriptive of socionics functions/elements. Or as a subtype system.
    Well, it can overwrite V.I, temperaments, cognitive styles and more, leaving those already mentioned by me just useful in furthering understanding of socionics, as in, personal, secondary use. This way you can narrow few things down to a couple things or just one, and like I said you get your result(s) and check with, say, descriptions, temperaments and so on - to make sure or something.

There's a price to pay if done without knowing what it means, though. Sure, people on here can read, I don't dispute that, question is, do they know what they are reading and answering to.

As for a separate personality theory, it is one. It's not part of Model A. If my memory serves me right it was created by an alpha NT, at least so I heard.

For example, very few if any people doubt hkkmr's self-typing of NeTi. Yet it's blatantly obvious when watching hkkmr in forum posts and forum chatbox that he is a Declaring type. He rarely, if ever, asks questions unrelated to the functioning of the website, and even then it's usually in the form of a statement of some kind. Instead he goes off on long monologues, often ignoring the input/ideas of others. According to Reinin, this is not an NeTi trait.
    Ahh yes, I knew something like that is going to be mentioned. To me, he seems to be ILE or at least Ne/Si quadra. I don't think he mistook Se role for Ne role.

There's something else as well, I wrote about it many times in my bestseller socionics books, but I'm not going to blab about it now knowing most of yous can't read those - I'm just going to wait even though I'm a bit impatient. So crouching tiger, hidden dragon this time. I have to be sure before I pounce, don't want to go hungry. It's self-explanatory, so excuse me.

I want to say that I'm really close and going to get to it soon. As for people getting different result from their self-typing, you have to take into account that most of them know what they're doing and by that I mean, they pick those Reinin traits without prejudice/bias. Furthermore, I know some people on here accentuate their differences, as in, opposing quadra or neighbouring quadra at times but to me it's the same type, same quadra.

Yet, it's also supposed to be the trait of the socion's "Psychologist". The type that's supposed to be aimed at grasping people's problems and interests! The one that likes to delve into people's minds and see things from a variety of viewpoints. How is monologuing and not asking questions supposed to help with that?? I can understand it when it's in say...written form mode, such as forum posts, or in "teacher" mode, but not when actually interacting real time with people.
    How about EII or LII? And no, this is not a legitimate typing of hkkmr.

So yeah, I wouldn't trust Reinin's dichotomies to accurately give a socionics type. I'd see it more as it's own typing system...or as flavoring.
    I said you narrow it down when in doubt, last resort so to speak.

Would write more, but have to run/be some place else. Be back soon.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Absurd
    ftr, I wasn't questioning hkkmr's self-typing. I was just trying to point out how the Declaring/Asking dichotomy doesn't really make sense for the NeTi/NeFi types. The supposed Asking type does more monologues and debates than asking questions. While the supposed Declaring type supposedly grasps what's going on in people's minds and relationships, but without bothering to ask them any questions. Neither makes sense to me.

For myself, I see myself doing a mix of both. On the forum though is when I definitely do more declaring than asking. I didn,t start out that way when I first joined. But noone would answer my questions, forcing me into unfamiliar territory. Back then, the only way I could get people to talk about the things I wanted to know about was if I made some kind of assertion...and wait for their responses. Worse, it had to be as clearly written out as I could get it. Argh!

I am much more comfortable asking about and sharing stories of experiences.
    Though, I guess I can see that maybe Declaring for "The Psychologist" came from the idea of sharing/expressing insights about what's going on in a person's psyche/relationships. But still...how could they gain insight if they didn't ask the people questions??

Argh...am still not a fan of combining reinin with model a.

Lol, this stuff is going to drive me crazy! I think I will take a break.
    Maybe I'll go buy one of your books, Absurd.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I redid it multiple times at home on a computer and consistently get ESI. I think if i could, I'd be some SLE/ESI/SLI mixture. But these are the traits I identify with the most:

Negative
    Asking
    Result Oriented
    Decisive
    Ooh, i'll have to pay attention more. Thank you for sharing.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, scratch few things I said, this doesn't make any sense unless you know what you're up against. Anyway, I should of known before this is going to be posted by an alpha NT.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ftr, I wasn't questioning hkkmr's self-typing. I was just trying to point out how the Declaring/Asking dichotomy doesn't really make sense for the NeTi/NeFi types. The supposed Asking type does more monologues and debates than asking questions. While the supposed Declaring type supposedly grasps what's going on in people's minds and relationships, but without bothering to ask them any questions. Neither makes sense to me.
    You confused constructivist with emotivist, at least that's what it looks to me. Not, asking/declaring.

They come with a key.

Anyhow, wait for this LII guy to chime in.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    this doesn't make any sense unless you know what you're up against.
    It's war?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It's war?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these dichotomies seem far more valid than others. I don't really see how Asking/Declaring couldn't be simply equated with self-absorption.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Not sure how you feel about smilingeyes's descriptions but thought I'd just bring this up:
    "Now to taciturn-narrator. I can't but start with a quote of Slackermom and my answer to her...
    Slacker Mom wrote:

OK here's a conversation my husband and I had last night. Introductory info - he bought a new welder recently.

Husband sits down. "My new welder isn't working right." (Implied but not stated question is 'what's wrong with my welder?')

I ask, "what isn't it doing?"

He says something like "It doesn't make enough of an arc." Or something. I know nothing about welders. Something about an arc.

I ask, "What would cause it to not do that? Not enough power? Didn't you say something about this welder being 'dual-power' or something?"

*silence* He goes into the garage. I hear welding sounds.

He comes in looking content and sits down. "It doesn't work as well on 110. It works better on 220."

OK so he doesn't ask a single actual question - although he has implied questions. And I sit and ask question after question. How does this fit with him being taciturn and me being a narrator? I just don't get it. I think I do fit "narrator" generally but not so much with him.

Also, why does he ask for my help about stuff like welders and carburators? He has an NeTi friend who actually knows how to weld.

That's exactly how taciturn people operate. But he's not asking you for help, he's just stating facts. It's you who provides the meaning, the narrative, of what do those facts mean. Taciturn = statement of concrete external issues and wondering their meaning. Narrator = providing a concrete internalized frame of reference and pondering the abstract external facts about how it all applies, how to make the story work.

How I've previously defined these two characteristics:

Taciturn
    Has no complete, total system to guide it's life, but a number of selected items and ideas that it tries to fit together as best as it can. It tries to make sense of things, tries to solve inconsistencies. By its actions it turns 'extrovert' into 'introvert', something that is well defined into implications. It's speculative.

Narrator
    Has integrated his life into a sensible whole which it adapts into varying circumstances. It's collected and establishes a personal presence. Is willing to create seeming contradictions as long as they make sense to it personally. By its actions it turns 'introvert' into 'extrovert', something that has many possible effects and outcomes.

Taciturn is also 'static democratic' and 'dynamic aristocratic'. It characterizes people who negotiate over what to do to certain circumstances in the environment, often in an informal style, proactive pushers for a better environment. It also describes people who are inclined to immediately start doing their jobs so as to get their part done quickly as they can, repeatedly testing the environment and seemingly doing silly repetitive errors, while they are in fact repeatedly testing the nature of a matter for maximum certainty. A person who is satisfied that he knows the most important things.

Narrator is also 'static aristocratic' and 'dynamic democratic'. A person who is easily sceptical of people's intentons and has a tendency to manipulate groups to have hir own way. Also a person who looks for opportunities in the environment and tries to mobilize hirself and others to take advantage of them. These people often seem complex, knowledgeable, maybe a tad uncertain, rarely overcommitting and being quite good in managing the kind of resources they care about. A person who is satisfied that he knows enough about enough of things."
    Last edited by Uncertainty; 05-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was more sure about the individual traits than the rest.

static-negative-strategic-constructive = SLE.

I can also add extravert-logical-irrational easily.

I was able to pick with relative certainty as well: result-yielding-decisive.

still SLE.

and yes that fits my self typing.

where I totally get bogged down trying to pick: asking-declaring and subjective-objective, as I can kind of switch between those.

at least based on the descriptions in the test, I'm not familiar with reinin much.

edit: if subjective means merry, then I'm definitely that
    Last edited by ambivalent existence; 05-21-2012 at 01:09 AM.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Declaring

Declaring means that when you ask questions, it will sound more like statements and that you would rather 'say what you have to say' and then let the other person talk (rather than being 'interrupted' by questions). It doesn't mean you are not going to ask questions(what an absurd notion). Ignoring the inputs/ideas of others is NTR, furthermore I don't think this is an all encompassing/fair evaluation of HK. The way you interpret Hk seems to have to do with some weird blending you have done with Constructivist/Emotivist and Asking/Declaring.

@Absurd

For myself, I see myself doing a mix of both. On the forum though is when I definitely do more declaring than asking. I didn,t start out that way when I first joined. But noone would answer my questions, forcing me into unfamiliar territory. Back then, the only way I could get people to talk about the things I wanted to know about was if I made some kind of assertion...and wait for their responses. Worse, it had to be as clearly written out as I could get it. Argh!

I am much more comfortable asking about and sharing stories of experiences.
    Though, I guess I can see that maybe Declaring for "The Psychologist" came from the idea of sharing/expressing insights about what's going on in a person's psyche/relationships. But still...how could they gain insight if they didn't ask the people questions??

Argh...am still not a fan of combining reinin with model a.

Lol, this stuff is going to drive me crazy! I think I will take a break.
    Declaring is prone to monologues, Asking to dialogue. Before you deem the dichotomies as incompatible with Model A, it might help if you understood them a little better first. Reading the name alone and a short description isn't enough to get a grasp of what they entail, its will mislead you to go about it that way. Also, a better way to look at these dichotomies is 'consistent outlooks overtime' or else isolated scenarios (like the one you just used about your time on the forums) will lead you to an inaccurate conclusion of how they fit with a particular individual. IME Reinin's traits generally fit the type, although some dichotomies are much better and less inherently ambiguous than others
    Last edited by thePirate; 05-21-2012 at 01:38 AM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I don't bother with the name of the dichotomy except to use as shorthand when referring to it. I prefer to utilize the description as given. If the description isn't clear enough for a person to utilize that test, then the description on the test needs to be worked on.

The dichotomy, as written in this test, distinguishes between
    A) typically speaks in statements VS typically speaks in questions (I am well aware that "typically" does not mean "always"; Even after rereading what I wrote, I am not sure where you got the idea that I was implying that the dichotomies were an always or never kind of thing.)

B) Prefers monologues to dialogues. VS Prefers dialogues to monologues.

C) Tends to make detailed speeches. VS tends to use short remarks.

D) more interested in self-expression than hearing the other person. VS more interested in hearing the other person than self-expression.

Everything I wrote above was with these four differences, as written in the test, in mind. The term was only a means of referring to the entire description. If "Narrator" had been used, I would have used Narrator to mean the same thing. if "X"vs"Y" had been used, I would have used "X" or "Y" to refer to the same concept.

So if you are going to complain that I used "Declaring" to refer to "Typically speaks in statements. Prefers monologues to dialogues. Tends to make detailed speeches, because s/he is more interested in self-expression than hearing the other person.", then your issue is with the description as written, not me.

Secondly, I have no idea where you got the idea of having blended constructivist/emotivist with asking/declaring.
    Unless there are problems with how Constructivist/Emotivist are described in the test. According to the test's descriptions, they refer to what a person perceives first (emotional implication or meaning), then which second. Then whether or not it's typical of the perceiver to adjust to the other person's mood. I didn't even get into who perceives what first, nor who adjusts to another's moods or not.

Perhaps my mentioning one way that I might be able to perceive The Psychologist's monologues and speeches as sharing/expressing insights about what's going on in a person's mind seemed like blending them? I don,t know. I hadn't even delved into that trait, as I've admitted in the past to regularly being confused with the "asking/taciturn/x/whatever" with the "declaring/narrator/y/whichever" and how they applied to types, particularly regarding the Ne base types in actual action vs theoretical action.

Thirdly, I already know not to use isolated scenarios. I've been one of the few people fighting for typers to expand the contexts in which they observe the typee if they want to get a more accurate typing. Nor am I the kind of person who jumps immediately into typing someone. I prefer to interact with them or observe them over time, and in a variety of contexts and a variety of topics.

As for hkkmr, I have been here for quite a few years. I have seen him in forum chatboxes and video chatting. And every time so far he has used the same style. It's partly one of the reasons why I avoid even trying to engage him in a conversation. He seems to just goes on and on and on, with little to no concern for the input other people might offer. He certainly doesn,t ask them if they would explain what they meant...he just...kinda...railroads over their input and continues on his way. And I'm not even referring to just me...I see him do it a LOT with plenty of others.

But...as I said in another post, I am not even questioning hkkmr's typing. I certainly wouldn't do it on one measly dichotomy (that I openly admit finding confusing regarding theoretical vs actual). So the comment on typing isn't even applicable.
    Last edited by anndelise; 05-21-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Changed the underlined from "he" to "they". Sorry for that error.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethical + Emotive + Objective + Democratic = ESFp

I like the little descriptions of each dichotomy, they help me actually understand the Reinin dichotomies that never made any sense. Yaaroslav made a test like this before, but without those descriptions it's rendered useless. Cool stuff.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I don't bother with the name of the dichotomy except to use as shorthand when referring to it. I prefer to utilize the description as given. If the description isn't clear enough for a person to utilize that test, then the description on the test needs to be worked on.

The dichotomy, as written in this test, distinguishes between
    A) typically speaks in statements VS typically speaks in questions (I am well aware that "typically" does not mean "always"; Even after rereading what I wrote, I am not sure where you got the idea that I was implying that the dichotomies were an always or never kind of thing.)

B) Prefers monologues to dialogues. VS Prefers dialogues to monologues.

C) Tends to make detailed speeches. VS tends to use short remarks.

D) more interested in self-expression than hearing the other person. VS more interested in hearing the other person than self-expression.

Everything I wrote above was with these four differences, as written in the test, in mind. The term was only a means of referring to the entire description. If "Narrator" had been used, I would have used Narrator to mean the same thing. if "X"vs"Y" had been used, I would have used "X" or "Y" to refer to the same concept.

So if you are going to complain that I used "Declaring" to refer to "Typically speaks in statements. Prefers monologues to dialogues. Tends to make detailed speeches, because s/he is more interested in self-expression than hearing the other person.", then your issue is with the description as written, not me.

Secondly, I have no idea where you got the idea of having blended constructivist/emotivist with asking/declaring.
    Unless there are problems with how Constructivist/Emotivist are described in the test. According to the test's descriptions, they refer to what a person perceives first (emotional implication or meaning), then which second. Then whether or not it's typical of the perceiver to adjust to the other person's mood. I didn't even get into who perceives what first, nor who adjusts to another's moods or not.

Perhaps my mentioning one way that I might be able to perceive The Psychologist's monologues and speeches as sharing/expressing insights about what's going on in a person's mind seemed like blending them? I don,t know. I hadn't even delved into that trait, as I've admitted in the past to regularly being confused with the "asking/taciturn/x/whatever" with the "declaring/narrator/y/whichever" and how they applied to types, particularly regarding the Ne base types in actual action vs theoretical action.

Thirdly, I already know not to use isolated scenarios. I've been one of the few people fighting for typers to expand the contexts in which they observe the typee if they want to get a more accurate typing. Nor am I the kind of person who jumps immediately into typing someone. I prefer to interact with them or observe them over time, and in a variety of contexts and a variety of topics.

As for hkkmr, I have been here for quite a few years. I have seen him in forum chatboxes and video chatting. And every time so far he has used the same style. It's partly one of the reasons why I avoid even trying to engage him in a conversation. He seems to just goes on and on and on, with little to no concern for the input other people might offer. He certainly doesn,t ask them if they would explain what he meant...he just...kinda...railroads over their input and continues on his way. And I'm not even referring to just me...I see him do it a LOT with plenty of others.

But...as I said in another post, I am not even questioning hkkmr's typing. I certainly wouldn't do it on one measly dichotomy (that I openly admit finding confusing regarding theoretical vs actual). So the comment on typing isn't even applicable.
    I was pointing out that you referred to asking as 'speaking in monologues' when that's a declaring trait, re-read your post please. I got the idea of you being misinformed from:

"Yet, it's also supposed to be the trait of the socion's "Psychologist". The type that's supposed to be aimed at grasping people's problems and interests! The one that likes to delve into people's minds and see things from a variety of viewpoints. How is monologuing and not asking questions supposed to help with that?

I wasn't pointing out you having a hardline stance about it (although an implication can be drawn from your statement), but rather that 'not asking questions' is not a part of the Declaring dichotomy, which you seem to think it is for some reason (otherwise I don't know why you would say 'how is monologuing and not asking questions supposed to help with that' if you don't think it's associated)

I got the idea you were blending things from your description of HK which included information not directly relevant to asking/declaring.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I was pointing out that you referred to asking as 'speaking in monologues' when that's a declaring trait, re-read your post please. I got the idea of you being misinformed from:

"Yet, it's also supposed to be the trait of the socion's "Psychologist". The type that's supposed to be aimed at grasping people's problems and interests! The one that likes to delve into people's minds and see things from a variety of viewpoints. How is monologuing and not asking questions supposed to help with that?

I wasn't pointing out you having a hardline stance about it (although an implication can be drawn from your statement), but rather that 'not asking questions' is not a part of the Declaring dichotomy, which you seem to think it is for some reason (otherwise I don't know why you would say 'how is monologuing and not asking questions supposed to help with that' if you don't think it's associated)

I got the idea you were blending things from your description of HK which included information not directly relevant to asking/declaring.
    "Asking questions" referred to "being interested in hearing the other person".
    Ok, so I will rephrase it to better get across the intended meaning....
    "How is 'the tendency to monologue and make detailed speeches because s/he is more interested in self-expression than hearing the other person' supposed to help "The Psychologist" do what they are supposedly good at doing?"

This dichotomy in relation to model a has "The Psychologist" type being more interested in expressing their own self...than in listening to other people express themselves...and using that self-expression of the other person as information used to gain insight about that person's likes/dislikes, concerns, relationships, etc.

As for blending...no person uses one single dichotomy at a time, nor do observations tend to remove any other factor that may or may not be involved...unless maybe if one is Ti-ing things. If you expect strict Ti from me, then you will have a long time to wait.

imo, If the reinin's dichotomies demand strict Ti-ing to be of use...then they are of very limited use to the socion as a whole...and thus need more work.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with ann, the asking-declaring dichotomy appears to be garbage. A dichotomy at that "tier" may exist, but it needs a better description.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ah yes, the war continues. Great results produced so to speak. I knew you're different Galen and I don't mean you being gay same for ambivalent existence.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asking seems to be a clear one to me. I don't engage in monologue at all. In fact, I've pissed some friends off for it (for cutting in, injecting things. It's like some people want everyone to take turns or something.). I often ask questions. Sometimes just to get the wheels spinning/shoot the shit. I might only halfway pay attention after I ask.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Well-written interface IMO.

There's some better descriptions here than what you'll find on wikisocion: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...in-Dichotomies
    Thank You, I will add that page to my Reinin list.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII (Robespierre)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now available as iPhone/iPod touch app: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...683#post906683
    Sociotypograph — determine your (or anyone else’s) sociotype by selecting 3-4 Reinin traits

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast