View Poll Results: Reese Witherspoon's type?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

3 30.00%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

4 40.00%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

2 20.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 10.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reese Witherspoon

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reese Witherspoon

What type is she? I'm guessing ESE or SEI - she gives off really bubbly vibes...

Reese Witherspoon quotes:

I don't believe in perfection. I don't think there is such a thing. But the energy of wanting things to be great is a perfectionist energy.

I got a role in this movie called Freeway playing this really angry, aggressive, violent young woman who believed wholeheartedly in the truth. I had such satisfaction afterward, and I thought, That's what I want to do.

There's no bad consequence to loving fully, with all your heart. You always gain by giving love.

Many people worry so much about managing their careers, but rarely spend half that much energy managing their lives. I want to make my life, not just my job, the best it can be. The rest will work itself out.

I love to cook comfort food. I'll make fish and vegetables or meat and vegetables and potatoes or rice. The ritual of it is fun for me, and the creativity of it.

It's fun chasing boys, especially when you're young, but I think it takes time and life experience to notice the other boys.

The joy we get as actors is out of transforming ourselves into something that's not necessarily anything true to ourselves. And it's a power - not being yourself, and being in the role; it's just like another prop.

I'm losing friendships over forgetting to get back to people. But you can't keep up with everything. I've got a 13-year-old, a nine-year-old and a baby. ... I don't think I realised how stressed I was, being a single parent. It was really, really stressful. It's not easy on anybody.

I think, like every working parent, I sometimes feel that there are not enough hours in the day. But overall, I'm very fortunate that my job has a lot of flexibility. I spend a lot of time with the kids, just around the house.

I have this drive from my upbringing to be a doer, not just a complainer. I have achieved a certain amount of success, and I felt a responsibility to my daughter and to women in this world to create more opportunities for women. ... My mother would always say, "If you want something done, do it yourself." She must have said that 100 times to me—as a child, as a young woman, yesterday on the phone.

I'll always remember these platitudes my mother said to me, like "Your job is your life insurance. Don't ever let anybody take it away from you." This is so dumb, but the other day Ava said, "Well, Mom, you said that drinking water with lemon is good for my body." I burst into tears, going, "Oh my God, you listen to me!" Parenting triumph.

If something seems frightening or horrible, I should probably do it.

To play June, I had an immediate connect with her background and culture. We grew up with the same religion and shared a lot of the same values of family and spirituality. But I was really so inspired by what a modern woman she was.

It really bothers me when people don't use coasters. Particularly on my table.

Confidence is everything in this business.

Interviewer: Final question: Behind every Woman of the Year, there is…
    Reese W.: A safety net of love, compassion, and encouragement. To be courageous , you have to have an army of people holding you.

Last edited by silke; 03-07-2020 at 02:21 PM. Reason: updated links

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESI?

I'm going to go With possible ESE
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-23-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

fourthed!

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall Penny of "The Big Bang Theory" being typed Alpha SF. Both Penny and Reese Witherspoon seem to me to be bubbly in the same sort of way. How are the two different when it comes to socionics?
    Last edited by jason_m; 05-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFP(?)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe/Ti introverted sensor

Not ESI. Not Fi valuing. Her bubbliness is too put-on and doesn't seem natural to me.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Fe/Ti introverted sensor

Not ESI. Not Fi valuing. Her bubbliness is too put-on and doesn't seem natural to me.
    I totally agree. I can only take watching her in small doses.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so there are no misunderstandings, I didn't mean that because she's Fe-valuing, she comes off as too put-on and unnatural. Those were two separate comments although I think her fake-bubbliness might account into her type in some way.

Here's one instance where she comes off as Fe-valuing to me.

At roughly 1:37 in the video above:

Ellen: Well, I got you something.
    Reese: You did?
    Ellen: Yeah, look at this!

Reese: Uh oh! *Fe face*

*Ellen pulls out Santa*

Reese: Okay... *looks at audience*

*mega Fe-face*

I took those stills to provide reference for what I'm talking about, but they don't show anything properly and you probably need to see it on video to get a proper idea of what I mean. It's not about the smile itself but the context(s) where she pulls it out. It's meant to be a call-and-response kind of thing with the audience, externally reflected emotion. That kind of conscious tweaking of the mood of the environment is distinctly more Fe > Fi. With Fi types I get the impression that their emotional expression is a bit more reserved and internal, and isn't meant to bounce/reflect off of one another but absorbed (if that makes sense).

I narrowed it down to Fe/Ti ISXx in my previous post but she's not really that... soft, as ISFps usually are IME. She comes off as really direct, regardless of her covering it up with "bubbliness". I think there's a world of difference between Ellen who is wacky, soft, dryly sarcastic (Fi-ENFp) and Reese, and it doesn't seem like they're working too well with one another. They're not playing off of each other's jokes or carrying them forward, for one thing. Apparently people here also picked up on the introverted rational-ness, so I think if she is any IXXj type (which is the likeliest), it would be Se-ISTj.

Her antics remind me of an Se-ISTj friend as well, and WA doesn't seem to like her much (?), so it fits well enough from my perspective.
    Last edited by Radio; 05-13-2012 at 01:33 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... interestingly i recently went on a date with a guy i matched with at a speed dating thing who did a similar sort of thing as Reese making a "surprise" face above in Radio's post. He was paying for our coffees at the starbucks line, when suddenly the cashier tells him he might be eligible for a discount, and turns away to double check. So meanwhile this guy i was on a date with turns to me makes this horrible grimace... sort of like an exaggerated version of and he even included an arm and a leg movement with it. OMG it was a total turn off, especially that it was about a little discount, i mean who cares... why bring so much attention to that anyway. And it just looked way stupid. I guess I need the Fe-POLRs....

Sorry this was a little off topic but that's what the video suddenly made me think of...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WA doesn't seem to like her much (?), so it fits well enough from my perspective.
    Well i mean... she's ok, i dont dislike her... She very cute-looking (as are many beta STs imo), and i did like her in Legally Blond (the first one only, the second was just TOO much), her "cutesyness" fit the role of a ditzy blond i guess. I guess i never had to actually personally work with her or hang out with her, so i dont know how we'd get along. But her bubbliness is a little much, that i can say from the info that i do have.

That said, ditzyness and bubbliness aren't necessarily how i judge character, so i dont really have a reason to hate her... i mean it's not like she's done anything horrible to anyone (at least as far as I know). If someone is a decent person, I'm willing to look past the exaggerated Fe.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What functions do you see?

Being a Southern person and a blonde, it's not a good combination. Immediately, when people meet you, they think of you as not being smart.

Confidence is everything in this business.

I don't believe in perfection. I don't think there is such a thing. But the energy of wanting things to be great is a perfectionist energy.

I take the kids to church and Sunday school. They love it. I really think it's important for a child to feel that there are things that are bigger than your life out there.

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Look at that crazy Fe smile!! You can almost see her entire set of teeth!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Yeah... interestingly i recently went on a date with a guy i matched with at a speed dating thing who did a similar sort of thing as Reese making a "surprise" face above in Radio's post. He was paying for our coffees at the starbucks line, when suddenly the cashier tells him he might be eligible for a discount, and turns away to double check. So meanwhile this guy i was on a date with turns to me makes this horrible grimace... sort of like an exaggerated version of and he even included an arm and a leg movement with it. OMG it was a total turn off, especially that it was about a little discount, i mean who cares... why bring so much attention to that anyway. And it just looked way stupid. I guess I need the Fe-POLRs....

Sorry this was a little off topic but that's what the video suddenly made me think of...
    LMFAOOO that is SO cute to me! I would probably have died laughing and loved it.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE. I have a friend exactly like her who makes the most amazing oatmeal raisin cookies ever. Basically a big ball of and .

Also, she reminds me of Kristin Chenoweth:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CEpstg5Qiw
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    LMFAOOO that is SO cute to me! I would probably have died laughing and loved it.
    lol, no kidding reminds me of the antics a Ti-base friend of mine engages in order to get laughs.

OMG it was a total turn off, especially that it was about a little discount, i mean who cares... why bring so much attention to that anyway. And it just looked way stupid.
    ... and Deltas wonder why they get labelled as "boring"

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Well i guess that settles it then... he was an Fe-superid. ILE, LII, LSI, or SLE. Probably in that order.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy sounds like a joke. I do the moonwalk when I get an unexpected discount.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII, 5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time I agree with you. She seems to be an ESFj.

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    ESI
    Do you consider: YOU CAN NOT MISTAKE?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post
    Of course I can make mistakes, but I don't think so in this case.

Most of her pictures are like this...

Reserved, a bit melancholic.

She gives speeches like this and talks like this....

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    “My daughter knows what happened. My son knows as well,” she continued. “We talk about what is abuse. I think it’s important to talk to our daughters and our sons in order to educate them at an early age about what’s appropriate and what is absolutely not acceptable.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    “Creating a cultural icon out of someone who goes, 'I'm stupid, isn't it cute?' makes me want to throw daggers. I want to say to them, 'My grandma did not fight for what she fought for just so you can start telling women it's fun to be stupid. Saying that to young women, little girls, my daughter? It's not OK'.”
    Bon Vivant? No.

The Guardian? Yes.

When one thinks about a ESE, think Victor Hugo, 2000 sexual partners.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaaroslav View Post

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Of course I can make mistakes, but I don't think so in this case.
    OF COURSE! YOU ARE CONSIDER: YOU CAN NOT MISTAKE!!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really care much nor do I feel strongly about it, but I guess I'd go with ESE before anything else. My only reason for wanting to comment here is to do away with any assumptions such as that bubbly must = Fe ego or that a big smile must = Fe ego. Please, don't make any such assumptions.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Radio you are a huge problem to typing. Not only do you refute the typing of people who know socionics, but you can't add anything reasonably good. Look at the first three ppl making a typing here that would be H, myself and lemontrees. WE'RE RIGHT.

Your argument is "to you" she comes off as too put on. WOW...take off those shades, honey, you need to do this more objectively. Fi types can laugh and smile and if we know a joke or two, we can tell them, this is purely a momentary thing. The things she choses to talk about are things that are very serious.
    oh no maritsa

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE 3w2

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

oh no maritsa
    You were right Radio. She is ESE
    For some reason when I did my celebrity typing list I got her down as esi probably made a typo and didn't realize it.

So sorry
    She is ESE
    @Shay I look like her a tiny bit from two feet away but I don't have her emotional energy. I'm much more inside I guess you could say. My video to compare.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAkzRoiDjg
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'm much more inside
    19 000 posts and 408 themes witness about it. >5 "type me" themes too

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    19 000 posts and 408 themes witness about it. >5 "type me" themes too
    I like to write.
    -

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you guys remember when she got pulled over for a dui and threw around the fact that she was an actress? Yeah. Can't take her seriously after that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Do you guys remember when she got pulled over for a dui and threw around the fact that she was an actress? Yeah. Can't take her seriously after that.
    I think she used an excuse to get out of a ticket
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

tbh I'm kind of torn between pushing her down a flight of long stairs for being arrogant and full of herself and idk forgiving and letting go because what actress isn't stuck up?

*ultimately chooses to push her ass down the stairs, the crowd cheers at my serial killer of evil str8 woman ness*

ain't I a stinkah?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-LSI > Fe-ESE... there's an implicit starkness to her energy that doesn't really resonate with alpha at all. she also seems to have that characteristically female LSI neurotic quality.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI so/sx

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)