Thread: ENTp INFj relationship (supervision)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTp INFj relationship (supervision)

I am interested if any ENTP's here have had relationships with INFJ's, and if so, what the experience was like for them. Anyone?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, in my experiences with male INFJs I think they are sort of wussy and don't really stand up for themselves.

The girls might be ok, I suspect I knew one who was sort of hot except for her voice. Guy's did not find her voice totally attractive besides the fact she has a smoking hot body.

That is if she is infj, and I am not totally sure ...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the people I have met you have tested INFJ, I was not intimidated by them at all, and found them very nice. One of them was interested in me romantically, and when around her I did not experience the feeling of being under supervision.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    and when around her I did not experience the feeling of being under supervision.
    It took me years of being around my ENFj friend as a schoolboy before I ever felt the cold, watchful eye of supervision. It seems to me that the supervision thing comes out only after your Supervisor chews out your PoLR. I used to act quite eccentric and childish around him until he decided that my behavior was just incorrect and out of place. It really sucks getting hit in your PoLR , because you want to kill the guy, but no retort is effective enough to shut him up. And then it really sucks for me, because I have a hard time ending friendships.

Now, INFjs--not as bad as ENFjs, because you only get hit in the hidden agenda, but it still sucks. But with beneficiaries, it seems like nothing you do is good enough for them, and then that starts to give them a superiority complex (or maybe this only happens with INFjs.) And then they try to help you! Believe me, advice from your beneficiary is like telling a guy in the middle of the desert who's desperately needing of and searching for water that he needs to drink some water or he'll die. But beneficiaries aren't all bad...if you don't ask for help with your hidden agenda.

So my advice is: Supervisors aren't bad, but stay away from your Beneficiary.

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that is why alot of ENTPs turn in player types ... they realize they let go of their feelings far too quickly and then go to the opposite extreeme. They are normally older when they realize how to moderate themselves, and by that time the women don't care and just want a guy around anyways. aIt is like the impending cycle of emotional doomdom.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey at least getting a girl is easy as time rolls on. More and more ladies want a guy to take care of them and hold them yadayadayada, and ENTPs are a good type for detecting vulnerabilities in people, so "in" we go.

bwaahahaha. sorry, im an idiot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFj types I have been around are usually really smiley at me, like they pity me or something. They deliberately sacrifice their strong feeling and intuition for me, like they will humor me, such as "wow, I wish I could write like that" (humoring my Se show offness) or "wow, you're really good at that." and its when I am clearly not confident when they do this most. Its a terrible feeling.

I remember I had this integrated studies class in college. There was this INFj woman that sat in front of me, when I had to do this presentation of really bad home made music i felt really awkward(im usually pretty good in front of audiences)

whenever I looked at her she would stare at me and give me this big, nurturing smile, the whole presentation was a nightmare. The smiling was just too warm for me, i couldn't take it. Behind it all was this sense of supervision. You know how when someone looks at you and you know they are thinking something? I could just see that in her.

Creepy-Monica

ENTP's sometimes wear me out with the whole debating and "one up manship" thing.

This one guy in particular was always drooling all over me and telling how attractive I was. I think that he thought I was ISFP or something based off of how I look and dress.

And I don't think he ever listened to anything that I said. LOL

The last time I talked to him he told me that he hated the way that I always tried to act like everyone was on my level. He was always telling that I was beautiful, sexy, and the cream of the crop...and that I should start acting like it. And I'm not sure if he liked my "counselor like" tendencies either...

But he did like the fact that a lot of the guys at school had "distant" crushes on me and he would go around bragging about how we were really good friends. He was a really nice guy but sometimes he was kind of smothering (although we were only friends) and I didn't like it when he bragged alot.

He was planning to go into politics...and I think that he wanted me to be his arm candy but I guess I was too humanitarian for him.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monica, how do you know this guy was ENTP?

Creepy-Monica

When describing him, I also listed some of his nontype related behavior. So don't let some of the "extra" stuff bother you. lol

The logical subtype of ENTP is the only type that comes close to describing him...and it fits him perfectly.

The subtype descriptions give the extremes of each type, but some how I am able to see past that and can see what is at the core of each group. (People of the same type can appear very different and I guess it takes time to see past other a person's overall personality...in order to focus in on their type).

Once I've determined a person's type I can usually tell where he/she fits on the scale between each subgroup. To confirm my predictions, I usually have the person that I know pick the description that fits him/her best (or suggest they take a test). And for me this method has been successful, but I wouldn't recommend it for other types...especially "T" types

Anyways, I doubt that any of this made any "logical" sense but I hope that helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cone: The cold watchful eye of supervision??

Great description; that's exactly what those relationships are like.

I'm entp, my dad is infj.

They are always telling you what to do either directly, indirectly or through manipulation. They just can't help it. You start to feel dominated and want to shake it off.

Mostly though they are correct in their feedback, though. And this is what kind of sucks. You think, "When is somebody going to read YOU the riot act?"

There you go . . . introduce them into a relationship with their supervisor. That'll show 'em.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello i am an entp and i have a friend i suspect is infj, he's a really clever funny guy but i can't usually stand him when he asks about my personal life, stuff like "who was there etc etc" does that describe this sort of relationship or another, he has some other faults, like he'll let anybody walk all over him, and will always hang out with anyone even after some of them(his crowd is mostly shady drugfiends) have stolen from him. Another curiosity about him is when he starts drinking he easily becomes enraged and hyper agressive(resulting in his staggering physical defeat on several occasions). ugh i dunno he's fucked up