Thread: Staying within your quadra

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Staying within your quadra

As much as it is possible, should people try and only have relations with people that are within their quadra?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would severly limit contact with other people and be very boring
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

activity relations are supposed to be fun, and perhaps discussion with your mirror partner

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't spend time with your supervisor, how can you appreciate people from your own quadra?
    You have to experience sorrow to know what happiness feel like.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not practical.

besides, we should be able to peacefully co-exist with all types... some are just generally better for closer relations
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    If you don't spend time with your supervisor, how can you appreciate people from your own quadra?
    Hilarious, what did your supervisor do to you?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sentence is the bane of human kind.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see her point, though I'm not sure I'd apply it in this context.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

besides, imo the supervisor is in the more uncomfortable position in relations of supervision
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the supervisor finds the process of supervision more frustrating than the supervisee, who's just like "wtf? lol chill!" as the supervisor finds it difficult not to say something as she/he perceives "flaws" in the supervisee.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Staying within your quadra

Quote Originally Posted by gaypog
    As much as it is possible, should people try and only have relations with people that are within their quadra?
    No (not in my opinion). I have learned the most and experienced the most personal growth from relations with people outside of my quadra.
    NiTe | Socionix

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    besides, imo the supervisor is in the more uncomfortable position in relations of supervision
    I think I agree with this based on a ESTp/ISFj relationship that I have been observing.

On the issue being discussed, I think interacting with people from other quadras can lead to mutual learning and understanding. In any case, I have friends and family members including my parents who are from a different quadra to myself and I would really hate to stop interacting with them because of that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I even know anyone in real life that belongs to my quadra, my social circle being as small as it is. If I was only allowed to interact with them I'd be quite alone.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    This sentence is the bane of human kind.
    I thought supervision relations were bad at first, too. But then I looked at the people I know who are infj (my supervisor) and istj (my supervisee) and find that these relations are just fine. There's an attachment to one's supervisor and supervisee. Your supervisor understands your polr and feels some empathy; as a supervisee you know they are right and try to improve. As a supervisor, you see your supervisee's weakness but you try not to blast them you try to help them. But these relations IRL aren't all that uncomfortable. At least if you can be open and not defensive.

The people on this forum who are my supervisor like Topaz, Megan, Minde, other infj's I can relate to. There are not many istj's here, so as for my supervisees on the forum, I can't quite say. But I am friends with a ton of istj's IRL.

However, I have noticed that to have your socionics supervisor as your real supervisor at work is a problem. This gives them double power over you and they may not represent you well in the hierarchy.

If your socionics supervisee is your work supervisor this is really not as bad as one would think. You have a more equal relationship with them than otherwise, so you collaborate more or less equally. That is, if you can hold back a little and don't blast their polr and make them want revenge against you.

My socionics supervisor has been my work supervisee and this worked well. My current work supervisor is my socionics supervisee and this has begun to work well.

I have also had my socionics supervisor be my work supervisor and this was terrible because all she saw was my weaknesses and she really didn't support me. I see this happening with my soon-to-be ex husband at work as well, whose socionics supervisor is also his work supervisor.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a person could default on the 'easiest' routes through life then they would probably live in a world created by and for their quadra. It may seem comforting for a while though how can one expect to reap the benefits from 3 other distinct quadras.

As far as I understand, each quadra has it's own collective unconscious with underlying themes so yes it would seem good to 'hang' with your 'quadra posse' and avoid the others.

Consider where you stand in the grand scheme and appreciate the value of others unlike yourself. Disharmony only comes from a lack of understanding in my opinion.

For a fun look at the quadra differences check this article.
    myspace.com/relationship_doctor

"It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle
    "A person acts most in 'type' be it personal or relational when stressed or under duress." -Lewis (2006)

XXX/xXXx i.e. unclassified and 'thinking outside the box' until i decide to 'retire' to absolute freedom.