Thread: IEIs/INFps, how well do you understand others' motives?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs/INFps, how well do you understand others' motives?

?

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand people's motives for pretty much anything, even when I think their actions are wrong. I also find it easy to see through bullshit and con-jobs.

TIM
    me>> Augusta whore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How good is retarted person at being retarted

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewBorn STAR View Post
    How good is retarted person at being retarted
    this thread is now about tarts

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Codie; 04-17-2012 at 02:26 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI

To understand is second nature. It's supremely easy to understand. People do what they do. And we're all people. Look at yourself, and other people become clearer.

To predict, however, can be a little bit harder. As there may be outside variables that affect a situation in unforeseen ways. But to understand? Well that's one of the easiest things in the world.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Incredibly well. I understand the emotions of others and why do things based on desire and emotion more than a lot of people.

What I seem to be poor in is business stuff, or stuff that its impossible to deal with in matters of the heart.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you pick up on this information? What is the signal that clues you in on a person's motives?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    How do you pick up on this information? What is the signal that clues you in on a person's motives?
    What did they do? Why did they do that? How did he come to that choice? What really happened?

Say a friend is talking amongst a small group of people, and he's talking about a book he wrote about "a topic"(true story). He mentions the book and uses it as a tactic to validify his knowledge on topic. This is expressed in how he structures his story to give credence to his knowledge and then proceeds to extrapolate on how much he know's, and why he's an authority on the topic. But, from personal knowledge of the guy, i know the guy's lying through his teeth. Not only has he not written a published book, but he really doesnt know that much about "a topic" in comparison to some of the more knowledgeable friends i've met.

So what did he do? He lied. Why did he do it? To feel good about himself. How did he come to that choice? Observation of others. What really happened? He's seen people get attention/adoration from other people for their perceived worthiness. He wants to have that, because he's given that to others. This makes him feel important, so he's determined to get it. So he creates a story as a tactic to acquire it. He will be an authority on "topic"! People believe confident people more than meek people, so he bullshits boldfacedly and he runs with it.

And i know he feels this way, because i can see aspects of myself that feel this way. I just handle it better. I know i handle it better, because if i didn't, i could see me doing the same thing in the same way. Ultimately i think our understanding of motives is tied into Empathy. The projection of yourself in another's shoe's, and the Internalization of outside stimuli into a conscious framework within our own selves. We're all people, and we're all motivated by similar needs. It's just the spectrum varies. Learn the spectrum and learn yourself within it. But that may just be a very IP(Fields, Dynamics) way of interpreting it.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain things may go over my head, but if I know a person well or have known similar people, I can usually figure them out. I find figuring out why people do what they do a very important thing, especially if I'm sharing space with someone, or see someone as a potential new friend. With predicting, it's difficult to be precise.

I often plan ahead and think of different possible scenarios that may play out and if I know the person well, I'm not so bad at predicting.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?