TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bionicgoat

INTP ?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take it out on me the fact that ESTP become barbarians when they get the chance.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*rubs temples*
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

I'm flattered... a type thread on me and I didn't even start it.

actually when I first became interrested in personality theory's I tested as INTP in MBTI. Then I found socionics and tested as a consious INTp/ subconsious INTj on SG's test. The problem with this is that I was doing major amounts of meth at the time so I think that screwed with my results. Also I was at the end of a longterm relationship with an ESFp and I think that I had drifted somewhat into acting as her dual.

After we broke up (well she went to prison, but I call it breaking up) and quit meth I gradually came to see myself as INFj. When I was thinking INTp nothing seemed to fit right, and when I acted INTp I felt very nurotic. Also relationship wise with my ESFp gf duality just did not fit the bill. I was never really at ease with her while she seemed unable to understand why. In fact I while I couldn't explain to her what was up, I could very easily explain it to her younger ESTj sister.

So after giving the drugs a good six months break I finally took Dmitri's test and the results came back deffinately INFj. Soooo that's what I go with and it feels right. It fits perfectly relationship wise as far as my old gf and her sister were concerned.

Of course there's always the possibility I could be wrong. Care to elaborate on what it is that makes you think I'm INTP?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To this day I almost always test as INFJ in the MBTI.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bionic: Your perception is right. This sentence gave you away for me as a non INTP:
    Would you like to talk about the ESFP experience, as you might have noticed I had a few issues with them. What stikes you most about them, relationship wise.

Creepy-bg

One more thing on the drug angle. I think I might be hard to type due to being a druggie for nearly half my life. I started when I was 16 or so and I'm now 33... that's more than half a life's worth of dicking with my neurochemisty. That's gotta have an effect on type somehow. For a few months now I've been increasingly suspecting some sort of brain damage... I have quasi-alzheimer's effects on my thinking which is supposedly one of the effects of longterm meth abuse. I don't really want it confirmed though so I won't go to a doctor about it.

I used to be a "gifted" child in gradeschool/ highschool... I'm still smart, just a bit more warped and spacy now though.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still smart, just a bit more warped and spacy now though.
    That can be fun

All things that we do in life affect our brain. Turns out that my mother has been dicking with my brain limbic system since the day I was born, probably before too.

And about the ESFP, enlighten us.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    @Bionic: Your perception is right. This sentence gave you away for me as a non INTP:
    Would you like to talk about the ESFP experience, as you might have noticed I had a few issues with them. What stikes you most about them, relationship wise.
    hmmm... responding to this will take a little thought. give me a few. We were together off and on for about 10 years so I do think I have some pretty good insights into ESFp behavior.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male INTJs have the highest addiction rates.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for addictions is the Si hidden agenda I think and the the Se POLR, so one starts by trying to find pleasure and then is unble to give up the addictive substace (major will power is required to get out of addictions).

Thats my understanding, I could be wrong.

And the info was in one of russian sites I think, they were interpreting some MBTI data.

As to female INTJs I am not sure, but they might be more self conscious, so they probably would have hidden addictions.

Creepy-bg

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I had a somewhat downer of a childhood. I was molested a few times in early gradeschool. Then spent most of 4th grade to sophmore year being one of the unlucky ones to get the brunt of the childhood teasing... The stoners accepted me and would be my friends so that's where I went.

Creepy-bg

The reason for addictions is the Si hidden agenda I think and the the Se POLR...
    this is both INTj and INFj correct?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    The reason for addictions is the Si hidden agenda I think and the the Se POLR...
    this is both INTj and INFj correct?
    Yes correct. All types have their weak spots.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soggy-flakes
    As for myself, I'm extremely cautious about things like that. I've never tried anything illegal because I'm afraid of what it would do to me and also of fear that I might become addicted. I also don't smoke for the same reason.

I drink very rarely and when I do, its just one drink. I've never experienced being drunk.
    Same here. Exactly. And as Bionicgoat pointed out most drugs have a habit of seriously messing with your health, particularly your brain. That alone keeps me miles away.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Creepy-bg

God I'm trying to write something insitefull about ESFp's but I'm suffering from a brain fog. Is there any specific insight your interrested in or just some general knowledge?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    As for myself, I'm extremely cautious about things like that. I've never tried anything illegal because I'm afraid of what it would do to me and also of fear that I might become addicted. I also don't smoke for the same reason.

I drink very rarely and when I do, its just one drink. I've never experienced being drunk.
    Same here. Exactly. And as Bionicgoat pointed out most drugs have a habit of seriously messing with your health, particularly your brain. That alone keeps me miles away.
    How old are you if I may ask? And what about hidden addictions?

Creepy-bg

I'd also be interrested in if you've had to deal with any major childhood mental trauma of the type I mentioned.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I'm trying to write something insitefull about ESFp's but I'm suffering from a brain fog. Is there any specific insight your interrested in or just some general knowledge?
    Maybe you would feel more comfortable pm-ing me?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 22.

Hidden addictions? Well, this forum might count as one.

Seriously though, if I ever had an addiction I would very likely try to keep it as hidden as possible. I've always had a tendency toward perfectionism, particularly regarding personal standards. So it'd make sense for me to try to ignore my problems and push them out of sight.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[p

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also be interrested in if you've had to deal with any major childhood mental trauma of the type I mentioned.
    Nope, never was abused in any way, shape, or form. I've been very blessed in that regard. I'd say that I probably had as close to the ideal childhood as anyone can have.

Creepy-bg

It's not a comfort thing it's a focus thing... I really have no issues bearing my soul online. It's about the only place I'm totally open without being self-conscious... I'm kinda AVPD in real life.

Creepy-bg

Nope, never was abused in any way, shape, or form. I've been very blessed in that regard. I'd say that I probably had as close to the ideal childhood as anyone can have.
    I think bullying especially causes alot of issues when it's bad. Honestly the molestation thing I blocked out pretty well until a few years ago and then dealt with pretty easily. But the bullying can really destroy you emotionally. I still have flashbacks to certain incidents that happened 15 or 20 years ago.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a comfort thing it's a focus thing... I really have no issues bearing my soul online. It's about the only place I'm totally open without being self-conscious... I'm kinda AVPD in real life.
    I send you a pm with some focus points to consider, your inbox is full I think.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't abused either as a child. My childhood was in general a happy one. I did have problems in middle school fitting in and was teased alot and didn't have many friends though.
    Yeah, middle school and high school were tough - not 'cause of family issues, but the whole peer acceptance thing. I found it really hard to be outgoing and flirty enough to "fit in." It was much easier to stand on the edges, watching everyone play their little games. And I enjoyed finding the social stragglers or newcomers and making them feel better. I was home schooled, though, so that puts a different spin on things. If I had gone to a public school, I might have had better or worse experiences. *shrug*

I think bullying especially causes alot of issues when it's bad. Honestly the molestation thing I blocked out pretty well until a few years ago and then dealt with pretty easily. But the bullying can really destroy you emotionally. I still have flashbacks to certain incidents that happened 15 or 20 years ago.
    I haven't really experienced anything aggressively harmful like that. The worst I recieved were a couple of comments, wierd looks, and a general feeling of invisibility. I know how hurtful bullying can be, though, because I have a few friends (one in particular) who went through some pretty bad stuff. It's amazing how cruel kids can be to each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the types definitely

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were your parents' types if I may ask?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were your parents' types if I may ask?
    I don't know. I haven't tried to type them, yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was I imagining things, or did you at one point have ENTp in your signature, biogoat? That is what I thought you were all this time.
    lol

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    Was I imagining things, or did you at one point have ENTp in your signature, biogoat? That is what I thought you were all this time.
    I did very briefly... I think I fell prey to the ENTp socionics bias, but then it wore off

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd always get this jarring feeling when I'd read one of BionicGoat's posts and view him as a T type (I can't remember which one he had listed at that time). Later, when I noticed him talking about being an INFj, it all fell together finally.

(Here, I wrote, deleted, wrote, deleted, wrote, deleted... it all comes down to wanting to mentally wrap my arms around BionicGoat and call him "brother". Not out of sympathy, but out of a feeling of connection that I wasn't quite able to explain before.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-bg

what sold me on INFj was when I looked at it from a functional perspective. I noticed that when I use in a post (which I tried to do alot at first) I get very anxious about reading the responses and when challenged on my logic I feel bad and immediatly back down. However when I use I'm very quick to respond and get a definate "ring my bell" feeling to responses. I avoid at all costs in my posts (and real life). All this together makes me fairly certain that I'm .

Also I feel the same brotherly connection with ENFps and INFjs as Anndelise mentioned.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah goat im a fan of you champ,

Your furry coat deserves a thorough rubbing and may u eat all the artificial grass you can.

Friggen meth, haven't had that for a while
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-bg

Creepy-bg

thank you