Thread: I think I am really an ENTP

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think I am really an ENTP ...

Yeah, I have come to the conclusion that I am really an ENTP even though I may not feel like being extraverted all the time. I think this comes from maybe from some low self-esteeme issues where I believe people don't like me when they really do like me when I behave natually as myself, and I seclude myself because of it. I would say otherwise that I am an INTP, but the physical descriptions sound far too weak for me and I am not totally logical enough to be a J.

So, I have decided that my type is really ENTP, and it seems to show in the pictures I have posted on the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you kinda look like Billy Corgan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he an ENTP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. If he is then he is a very introverted one.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't feel bad. From reading a lot of Pedro's posts he is every type that has NT in the middle all rolled into one fun bundle of happiness.

Can you post a pic of yourself? I would like to do some VI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I am undecided about the resemblance ... he certainly looks better bald headed.

Pics of me

... open party guy ...

... reserved average guy ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we have the same nose, but my eyes are brighter and more fuller tham his ... his are squinted and reserved looking. Chin is a little diffrent in one of the pictures, but that could be because of his facial expression at the moment. In the other picture the chin looks similar.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, you don't "look" ENTP to me. But VI of course is based on observations which have not been substantiated and are suspect by circumstance and by nature. I don't really know what your type is from those photos, as the first set looks a lot different from the second.

What about the ENTP profile do you think fits yourself?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And not to mention he has shaved his eyebrows in these pics ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, here is everything that describes me in the description on the ENTP class at www.socionics.com underlined ...

I am not underlining the physical aspect, because I am unaware how others view me and don't know if I fit the traits listed or not necessarily untill someone clues me in ... I guess I am asking you to look at my pictures and tell me if the description matches.

Physical description:

ENTPs normally have a long, slim figure. Other parts of the body are also stretched, especially the legs and fingers. They often have rounded shoulders. Their nose is often projected or elongated. Sometimes ENTPs have a characteristic inwardly sloping chin that smoothly converts to the neck while the upper jaw is more prominent. Because of their particular physical structure their clothes always seem to fit pretty badly, often slipping down and hanging off them in an unflattering manner. Their buttons also seem to have a habit of falling off.

Everything else:

ENTPs usually have a distant, far away look in their eyes and it often seems as though they are paying little attention to what is going on. During conversation ENTPs like to play with objects, like a pen for example, often accidentally breaking it. They may gesticulate when passionately telling a story.

ENTPs do not know how to keep the right psychological distance with people. This becomes especially noticeable during long term interaction. One day they can be friendly and the next day they can be completely opposite. They often behave unceremoniously and can rudely butt in on others conversations. ENTPs can also find it difficult to evaluate how others feel about them and therefore can make mistakes when choosing friends.

ENTPs like to explore everything and are usually completely unaware of how others react to this. They often propose ideas that although have great potential are completely impractical at the time. As usual, they soon forget about that idea and generate a new one, which has no less potential and originality but has no logical connection with the previous. ENTPs pay little or no respect to their past achievements. They hardly ever admit when they are at fault. Even if they apologise formally they usually continue to behave the same as before.

ENTPs are interested in and talk about everything that is new and unusual even if it is not in their main field of knowledge. It is as if they are magnetised by all brand new theories and are fascinated by all phenomena that can not be explained with logic or reason, for example: ESP, telekinesis and UFO's. They cannot logically explain their ideas as they are always intuitive and vague. Most people cannot fully comprehend their concepts, they simply believe or do not believe.

The main peculiarity of ENTPs behaviour is an incredible absent-mindedness. They usually leave items where they used them and have a tendency to constantly lose smaller objects. ENTPs work place and personal belongings are often kept in disarray. They invariably forget what they have already done and what they need to do. However, they are quick and shrewd in day to day matters, taking advantage of every opportunity that arises. Because of this others may consider them to be crafty or shifty.

The other main peculiarity of ENTPs behaviour is the ability to mobilise in extreme conditions. If somebody puts pressure on them they immediately counterattack, often with more than equal force. They also like to give people advice on how to extricate themselves from difficult entanglements, often proposing the most radical solutions. If ENTPs are not interested in a particular job, they try to leave it until the last moment. Then in very short period of time they can complete all awaiting jobs, but of course the quality suffers.

One more peculiarity is the element of chaos and destruction that ENTPs bring to every field of their activity. This is especially noticeable in well established institutions where strong discipline is commonplace. However, they implement this chaotic element creatively, generating reform from the destruction. Because of this quality ENTPs often become leaders.

Everything in this underlined has happened at some time in my life and sometimes over and over again. I'm quite aware of its accuracy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything underlined in the INTP description are the only things that describe me ...

INTPs often have a characteristic round-shouldered posture. Their necks are often not as well proportioned as other types and their heads seem to strain forwards. Their eyes have a sorrowful look about them as if they are about to be victimised in some way. Their lips are usually not very expressive or defined. Their noses are somewhat aquiline in shape which combined with often flattened cheekbones giving the false impression that their noses are large.

During conversation INTPs may project their lower lips forward. INTPs often show poor control of their lower jaw, allowing them to hang down. INTPs normal facial expressions usually reflect wisdom and great life experience or sadness and victimisation. Although INTPs are introverts, some of them may behave in a very extroverted manner.

INTPs with more developed aesthetic taste are neat and tidy. They look after their clothes which they know well how to compose and combine. When they interact with others they are softly spoken and unobtrusive, leaving others the impression that they are intelligent and educated. When asking someone for something, they usually do it in such a way as to rarely be denied.

INTPs with less developed aesthetic taste usually look like they are not bothered about their appearance. Their clothes are often old and worn and their footwear may be in a bad condition. When interacting with others they may be very active, pushy and sometimes even aggressive. They often do not obey the norms of politeness and may sometime be rough and vulgar, however this behaviour usually does not last a long time.

When INTPs speak publicly they habitually adopt a slow, monotone speech pattern. This may have a sleep inducing hypnotic effect on their audience. INTPs are good at noticing contradictions in theories or opinions and can focus others attention to this. They are able to predict short term forthcoming events in both visual and associative forms. Through observation and their own experiences INTPs can create a precise model of others behaviour allowing INTPs to predict peoples next moves. They often amaze and interest people with this quality.

INTPs are very sceptical to others who are undertaking new beginnings. They are able to pour cold water on others burning enthusiasm. They try to keep others from being passionate as they consider strong emotions to be harmful. INTPs also look after their health and can be very captious in these matters. For example, they may wash their hands more often than others do. They pay a lot attention to hygiene and sanitation.

INTPs are often active in business and commercial matters. They have good abilities to quickly calculate profit. Usually they are relaxed and only undertake projects that show considerable return and profit. They are not afraid to run big businesses. Usually INTPs are very economical. They do not like to make presents or lend money to others. Because of this quality they usually try to appear poorer than they actually are. However when it comes to spending money on themselves, they can be very generous.

INTPs usually work slowly, paying a lot of attention to detail. In their activities they show a strict logic, that can sometimes become very pedantic and scrupulous. INTPs may check that all home appliances are off many times before leaving.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, going by what I see as the description between the behaviours of ENTP and INTP ... I am more ENTP ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, which one description fits me more taking my pictures into account?

ENTPs normally have a long, slim figure. Other parts of the body are also stretched, especially the legs and fingers. They often have rounded shoulders. Their nose is often projected or elongated. Sometimes ENTPs have a characteristic inwardly sloping chin that smoothly converts to the neck while the upper jaw is more prominent. Because of their particular physical structure their clothes always seem to fit pretty badly, often slipping down and hanging off them in an unflattering manner.

or ...

INTPs often have a characteristic round-shouldered posture. Their necks are often not as well proportioned as other types and their heads seem to strain forwards. Their eyes have a sorrowful look about them as if they are about to be victimised in some way. Their lips are usually not very expressive or defined. Their noses are somewhat aquiline in shape which combined with often flattened cheekbones giving the false impression that their noses are large.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rmcnew

You look like you might be ENTp, but, as they say, VI is proportionate w/experience, and I'm fairly new to this stuff.

I definitely looked like an introvert in highschool, ESTp's picked on me for it. You also have a similar look to me although your head is more rounded. There is definitely an Ne look though.

From the look of the picture you part your hair on the right hand side, switch the part to the left and people will see you as more masculine. I'm serious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTPs are on the left side, INTPs are on the right side ... I look most like the INTP in the upper right corner I think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might help, too ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Waddles W

You do sorta look like the upper right hand guy, but again, the hair part throws off. It seems nearly impossible to type based upon VI alone.

From my experience VI is only a part of the Aura people produce, alot of what we think is VI has to do with subtle mannerisms and behaviors we can't quite put a finger on but are there. And I think the body structure has alot to do with it as well, it isn't just in the face. Go with your gut, look around you. Is your place disorganized? if it is then bank on ENTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Waddles W

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth
    Go with your gut, look around you. Is your place disorganized? if it is then bank on ENTp.
    In that case, screw showing pictures of me to see if I am more ENTP than INTP ... I should have just shown you a picture of my messy room ...

Yeah, I'm definatelly ENTP ... and I will take up the suggestion on parting my hair diffrently ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look exactly like this one ISTP friend I know, albeit being a bit skinnier; granted, I'm not proposing that you yourself are ISTP, but it would make ENTp seem less plausible; ISTp and INTp are look-a-like types after all.

EDIT: You like him in the LATTER pictures, but in the former, only a bit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I went and read the description of ISTP on the www.socionics.com website, it doesn't sound totally like me either. The only thing that I have felt fits me 100% in socionics is ENTP, everything else I can only find bits and pieces of similarities.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearest picture you will ever see with me wearing glasses ...