View Poll Results: what type is Jennifer Lawrence?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 2.63%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 5.26%
  • ESE (ESFj)

4 10.53%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

3 7.89%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 2.63%
  • SEE (ESFp)

22 57.89%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

4 10.53%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 2.63%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jennifer Lawrence

I'm thinking of Se-ESFp.

Quotes:

"I never think it's right to chew gum in front of other people, but a lot of times I'll come in for a meeting chewing gum and I'll forget I'm chewing it. Then you don't want to swallow it because it stays in your system for seven years or something, so I've asked to throw it away. I've started to wonder if that's why I didn't get certain movies."

"I just kind of opened up and said, 'I feel like a rag doll. I have hair and makeup people coming to my house every day and putting me in new, uncomfortable, weird dresses and expensive shoes, and I just shut down and raise my arms up for them to get the dress on, and pout my lips when they need to put the lipstick on.' "

"The internet to me is kind of like a black hole, and I never really go on it."

"I went through a wood-chopping phase when I was nine or 10. ... I had to learn how to chop wood actually - I don't think my dad would have let me go chop wood in the backyard growing up."

"As hard as it is and as tired as I am, I force myself to get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends, or have a sleepover. Otherwise my life is just work."

"There are actresses who build themselves, and then there are actresses who are built by others. I want to build myself."

"Don't worry about the bitches - that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life."

Where are the Robert Redfords and Paul Newmans of my age group? I love James Franco, but where's the next James Franco? Where are the hunks who can act?

"I'm excited to be seen as sexy, but not slutty."

"I like when things are hard; I'm very competitive. If something seems difficult or impossible, it interests me."

"I think it gets so much easier to let things roll off your back. It's such a business of hurry up and wait, and if you let it get to you it will drive you absolutely insane. Like "Why was I called in at four in the morning and I haven't been used until one in the afternoon?". And "Why are we shooting this a million times when we have five other scenes to shoot?". But you get to the point where you just say 'This is filmmaking. This is what you get paid for. Everybody is doing the best they can. It's what you have to live with.'"

[on owning her own bow and arrows] One time, I actually used it for defense. I pulled into my garage and I heard men in my house. And I was like "I'm not letting them take my stuff. I had just gotten back from training, so I had the bow and arrows in the back of my car. I went to my car and I put this quiver on me and I had my bow and I loaded it and I'm walking up the stairs. And I look, and my patio doors were open, and there were guys working right there, and I was like 'Heyyy, how you doin'?' They [her friends] were like 'We've got to stage someone to break into your house and you can kill them!' That would be the funniest news ever. Katniss Everdeen actually kills someone with a bow and arrow!".

Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody's like "How can you remain with a level head?". And I'm like "Why would I ever get cocky? I'm not saving anybody's life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I'm making movies. It's stupid."

Last edited by silke; 07-14-2016 at 12:07 AM. Reason: updated links

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking LOVE her. I just had an immediately <3 reaction to her when I first watched an interview or actually, when I first saw her! I agree with Se leading but she may be SLE

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I've thought of her as ESFp too, but with no particular opinion on subtype.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-ESFp seems reasonable.

When I saw the movie I was thinking she was Fi-EP something. Too bad that movie was really lousy.

Creepy-pokeball

Definitely on the Gamma/Delta spectrum.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with everyone on SEE. She's like the guy version of an Se-SEE guy I knew at UCSB. I know nothing about her, have no plans to see the hunger games, and it wouldn't surprise me if I'd never seen her again.

EDIT: Un-Belizable
    yeah I'd fuck her

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought she VI'ed similarly to Kelly

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Echoing others, SEE. Not set on any particular subtype, though,

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Se.

Haven't seen the movie.
    But she seems hilarious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know a lot about her but I did see one interview and she seemed potentially SEE to me too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE.

She was incredibly awkward on Letterman. She just kept talking and digging herself deeper.

He handled it pretty well though.

I see the same thing in a couple of SEEs I know. I'm used to dismissing it. I thought they are just being obnoxious lol. I never thought they could be stressed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jennifer Lawrence

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like her, too.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's pretty ridiculously likable.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's likable I GUESS
    ESFp as my brain has it

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

just saw this.

"When I’m not working, I am the laziest person. I can literally lie on a couch and watch television for 15 hours. I hate people who say, “Oh, I’m addicted to working out.” I just want to punch those people in the face." -Jennifer Lawrence

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol she's fun

Reminds me of a less shouty Jenna Marbles, that same sort of self-effacingly airheaded ingenuousness.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Fuck no. Jenna Marbles sucks. I can't watch her shit even when I agree with what she's saying. But Jennifer Lawrence is pretty great if these videos are a good representation. No comparison. Jenna is arrogant as hell, any self-effacingness is a put-on. Jennifer Lawrence in stark contrast has an endearing humility. Again - if the videos in OP are representative of her usual attitude.
    I agree. Jenna was funny for like a week but she gets old. If you've ever seen her in videos where she interacts with other people, it's almost painful to watch....it feels like she thinks she's above everyone. Jennifer is the complete opposite. I want to marry her and have her fucking babies.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I want to marry her and have her fucking babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    As of January 2013, nine state governments (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Maryland and Washington (along with the District of Columbia, the Coquille Indian Tribe and the Suquamish tribe) have legalized same-sex marriage and offer same-sex marriages.
    Good luck.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's an Sp something; ESFp?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    She's likable I GUESS
    ESFp as my brain has it
    Oh WOW we agree. *lights a candle at church*
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Um, yeah, I love her, but this is true of every woman on earth. Nobody's boobs are both exactly the same. It's usually not that noticeable and nobody cares though.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    Right but I linked this to demonstrate Lawrence's attitude toward broaching such a topic publicly.
    Ok. Yep. She's quite frank and doesn't pretend to be perfect and it's really nice.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously have perfectly symmetrical boobs. I'm not even joking. They're really awesome looking, tbh.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok brb

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not IEE; compare to Joseph Gordon Levitt?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Beta quadra or Alpha Quadra

values Ti-Fe
    uses strong Fe= facial exaggerations, clear descriptions of emotional reactions

stronger slant towards Se = appreciates active use of will, directness

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love her. She is right up there with Drew Barrymore. Screw Hunger Games (no, I quite liked the movie, actually), she killed it in Winter's Bone. I am writing a screen play and if I cannot have her in the film, I will tear it to shreds. And yes, I want to kiss her.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everybody loves her. esfp. <3

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    everybody loves her. esfp. <3
    Works for me. <3
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I love her. She is right up there with Drew Barrymore. Screw Hunger Games (no, I quite liked the movie, actually), she killed it in Winter's Bone. I am writing a screen play and if I cannot have her in the film, I will tear it to shreds. And yes, I want to kiss her.

She was INCREDIBLE in Winter's Bone. She deserved an Oscar for that performance more than the one she got for Silver Linings Playbook. Fucking Meryl Streep.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    She was INCREDIBLE in Winter's Bone. She deserved an Oscar for that performance more than the one she got for Silver Linings Playbook. Fucking Meryl Streep.
    THANK YOU! Winter's Bone deserved lots of Oscars. I just stumbled upon it and was completely blown away. She was really unbelievable....
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    THANK YOU! Winter's Bone deserved lots of Oscars. I just stumbled upon it and was completely blown away. She was really unbelievable....
    It was a gorgeous film. I haven't really seen anything comparable since. Unfortunately, it was a small affair and those hardly ever get the attention they deserve. It was lucky to have been nominated at all. Same goes for Beasts of the Southern Wild and Tree of Life.

Edit: Actually evidently she was beat by Natalie Portman in 2010 (Black Swan). No question that NP acted well, but I think the Oscar was given to her based largely on the idea that she did all the dancing (we now know that isn't true). I still think JL deserved it more.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It was a gorgeous film. I haven't really seen anything comparable since. Unfortunately, it was a small affair and those hardly ever get the attention they deserve. It was lucky to have been nominated at all. Same goes for Beasts of the Southern Wild and Tree of Life.
    It was gorgeous and that really is the genius because it's not a gorgeous story. The cinematography is just stunning. And she brings understated acting to a whole new level (Drew Barrymore, in mind, does, too, but it's less obvious because her characters are so different). I was happy that it made it to Netflix for more deserved exposure.

Edit: Actually evidently she was beat by Natalie Portman in 2010 (Black Swan). No question that NP acted well, but I think the Oscar was given to her based largely on the idea that she did all the dancing (we now know that isn't true). I still think JL deserved it more.
    Yes, I think I remember. Natalie Portman's Oscar was an Ann Hathaway Oscar (the one for Les Miserables. You know, the film consisting of a string of anguished close-ups singing songs everyone knows by heart anyway). Not entirely about acting (but singing/dancing, etc.). So she was cheated, but I think the Academy Awards are still at a point where nominating her for a film like this (as you say) is quite revolutionary.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

AND she retained the understated acting in Hunger Games (a much more exposed and Hollywood-esque film), which is so remarkable. I liked the film, but I was honestly mesmerized by her acting.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, Jennifer nailed it in Winter's Bone, but at least Meryl Streep recognized in her speech that nobody wanted to see her win.

"when they called my name I had this feeling I could hear half of America going 'ohhhhhh no, c'mon why HER.. again."

I can at least respect that.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast