View Poll Results: what type is Jennifer Lawrence?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 2.63%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 5.26%
  • ESE (ESFj)

4 10.53%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

3 7.89%
  • LSI (ISTj)

1 2.63%
  • SEE (ESFp)

22 57.89%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

4 10.53%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 2.63%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Love me some J Lawz. People with downs are great. I don't know what it is about them, but they tend to have incredibly magnetic personalities. They're just so genuine.

"[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Winter's Bone.

Gurlllll, I've seen Hunger Games ..I'll probably watch the sequel pretty soon.
    i forgot all about the first movie a day after watching it but the second one brought tears and chills

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Yup. Love me some J Lawz. People with downs are great. I don't know what it is about them, but they tend to have incredibly magnetic personalities. They're just so genuine.
    Yes. Especially on this forum.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leelee Sobieski is my Jennifer Lawrence.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOoooh, she's so done to earth, I feel like she is one of us. o_O

Man, I got to say SEE, I don't see how there could be any other option.

There are literally 100 such videos, and they are all different.

Last edited by wacey; 03-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HereticWacey View Post
    OOoooh, she's so done to earth, I feel like she is one of us. o_O

Man, I got to say SEE, I don't see how there could be any other option.
    She is my all-time biggest girl crush! I just took the FB quiz about your celebrity drinking buddy and GUESS WHO I GOT!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love her and I wanna hit town with her. Before listening to her interviews I was actually sure she was IEE, but yeah, SEE seems more likely.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exfx

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mmmm...she a pretty young thing. I'd like to go deep inside of dat. She gon' feel the wrath of gawd when I stick my mushroom tip in.

She seems genuine enough but a bit too uncouth for my liking.

Idk. I haven't read that much on her. I will go with IEE-Ne, for now. Si-suggestive? Fe-demonstrative? Imo often plays SLI's in her films.

EDIT

- Jumps from idea to idea in interviews
    - Has a more rapid firing of statement things going on (most seen in her sense of humour)
    - General lack of external surrounding awareness (lots of stories of her clumsiness)

“My body and my brain have never connected … I feel like I belong on another planet with different gravity.”

"I had to have running training because I'm not a very good runner. I run weird... The hardest stunt is probably basic running. And trying not to hit myself in the face with my bow, are my two greatest challenges."

“She’s terrible at walking,” “I am constantly surprised by how much she falls down without trying at all."

exceptional, excitable, hot-wired kids are often misunderstood and full of anxiety. Lawrence herself was so anxious that her parents found her a therapist. “I was a weirdo,” she says. “I wasn’t picked on or anything. And I wasn’t smarter than the other kids; that’s not why I didn’t fit in. I’ve always just had this weird anxiety. I hated recess. I didn’t like field trips. Parties really stressed me out. And,” she adds, “I had a very different sense of humor.” I ask Lawrence how that manifested itself in, say, junior high. She launches into several tales as examples. Like the time she decided it would be funny to jump out of the emergency exit of a moving school bus;

My nickname was ‘Nitro.’ I was hyperactive, curious about everything,” “When my mother talks about my childhood, she always says there was a light within me. When I went to school, this light went out.”“We never knew what it was, a kind of social anxiety,” reveals the Catching Fire star. “I went to see a shrink, nothing worked.”That is, nothing until she found her calling.“One day, I begged my parents to take me to a casting,” she told the magazine. “We went off to New York and that’s where I started acting. On stage, my mother saw the change taking place in me. She saw my anxieties disappear.” Acting, adds Lawrence, “made me happy because I felt capable whereas before I felt good for nothing. This is why mom fought for me to become an actress.”
    - sounds like a more heady overexcibale Ne thing with general feeling of lacking in sensing groundedness in some moments, but she is also described as general down to earth (like with eating and body image) so I believe it’s Ne/Si working together with her. When Ne is not enough stimulated (general exploring of the surroundings/ideas firing) she is not really feeling fully engaged mentally and it starts to act up internally as anxiety and feeling of constrainedness. Keeps the chargeness of the situation therefore always up in order not to get slowed down in the head, hence this rapid firing, jumping around with statements, saying things completely out of the blue, how they just come into her head/she discharges some heady inruition energy and it's very external/Ne - very in the moment wired with intuition. Too much Si and she feels constrained, not enough stimulized. Enough Si and she is grounded. It's a feeling of internal sensing groundedness, like she feeling comfortable in herself.

"The flip side is that more than one person I spoke with about Lawrence worried aloud that she’s working too hard. “Just for her sanity, I personally wish she would slow down a little bit,” says Francis Lawrence (no relation), who directedCatching Fire and in October will begin shooting the final two Hunger Gamesfilms in Atlanta, back-to-back. “I think that going from one set to the next to the next will eventually take a toll. I hope at some point she gets some time off.”
    - also general in line with this Ne roaming around and having to take a pause to recharge.

"More than any other young actress in recent memory, Lawrence also seems to have an almost compulsive need to take full advantage of every opportunity that comes her way. “I couldn’t say no,” she says. “And then when I was on set, I was like, ‘This is so much more important than a vacation. It’s so much better for my brain to be creatively stimulated in this way.’ It reminded me: This is what I love.”
    - seems also in line with Ne general having to take ever<thing in not missing anything out and more in a heady/creative exploration way, with the cost of tuning out internal bodily needs.
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 10-06-2016 at 06:21 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Another SEE who comes between the marriage of a man only to walk away from the relationship because it was unsatisfying
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

SEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ISFP

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Exactly. Socionics terminology in its adamant overspecification needs to get a little bit destroyed, as oftentimes it's baseless upon the more complex relational phenomena clearly being demonstrated in reality. To even begin an understanding where J Lawrence is considered Alpha would be to commit typological suicide. Socionics has too many initial setup problems, nonetheless to consider a model where everyone demonstrates said functions in said ways, is quite a silly expectation.

SEE-Se.
    Explain where you see Se in her. This will be good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Socionics terminology in its adamant overspecification needs to get a little bit destroyed
    If you'll type more correctly you'll notice that socionics functions descriptions are correct.
    When you type badly you'll not notice this, evidently, as people will behave differently than you expect according to the theory. The problem is not in the theory and most people find it good, while you have nothing against the theory except your lame typing experience. In my experience the classic theory is good, for example.
    Instead of persisting in your exotic bs about functions, assume you typed people wrongly and what you see is just behavior related of other functions.

Also I'll be back on here to explain her IE focuses
    You use same terms, but they have other meaning than in Socionics. For example, you said that your Fi is not associated with "liking", what contradicts to basics of Socionics. Similarly may to be with any term you are using.
    Last edited by Sol; 07-12-2016 at 04:31 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

See, your reaction is making my point.
    So you have no explanation. Gotcha

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Se

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she is a clear SEE. Fun and spontaneous, loud and impulsive, prone to saying raunchy/provocative/shocking things, gets impatient when people start asking too many questions that don't have a clear point or cross over personal boundaries. Good to see that people mostly agree on this one. Her role in the Hunger Games was very Gamma too. It's funny, people often don't play completely different types in their roles, more often they play a "different version" of their own type. Katniss might be seen as a more serious kind of SEE. Her character in Silver Linings Playbook is basically her real personality though.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barubary View Post
    . . . over the top. The antics of her "real" personality can easily be attributed to creative Se and Fe seeking.
    I'll give you credit as the first person I've seen say that LSI could be "over the top" and engage in antics because of Se creative and Fe seeking. The reason for the credit is that it's at least not the usual stereotype of LSI as a robotic soldier of a person.

That said, I know a fair number of people I type LSI and can't say any of them are over-the-top, and their antics are pretty darned limited. The Se is happening within a rational framework, which keeps it from looking extreme, bouncy, over-the-top. The antics, if any, are mostly verbal and not really all that amusing. It's rather the sad lack of talent with antics that I find endearing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barubary View Post
    I see three different personalities that she tends to project. The first personality is the one she shows in serious dramas and the hunger games, of a resposible girl with deep seated feelings. The second one is more humorous,prone to dramatics, as seen for example in silver lining playbook and american hustle; and the third one is shown IRL and in interviews, where she seems a bit over the top. The antics of her "real" personality can easily be attributed to creative Se and Fe seeking. Just compare her to Rihanna (a real SEE-Se), who is much more subdued, elegant, and gamma-like.

Notwithstanding her personality in movie roles (which I do think is type-related, but I interpret it differently) - why would a type with Suggestive Fe and Creative Se be more inclined to "antics" or less subdued than a type with Leading Se and Demonstrative Fe? That doesn't make any sense to me.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhhhhh true! THAT'S why I like her! I originally saw an mbti typing thing telling she is definitely EIE and I was later on wondering why do I like her then! I get it now. SEE it is.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Another SEE who comes between the marriage of a man only to walk away from the relationship because it was unsatisfying
    who else did that? SEEs have odd relationship style

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Estp I think

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked SEE. Even tho I see so many similarities between me and her, mannerisms, cracking jokes, chill, slightly ditsy.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESE, I saw few SEE girls and she's nothing like them. And I can easily put her in the Alpha quadra from how silly she acts and all.
    From my observations of SEE, they never ever act silly.... they're serious as heck even if they are smiling, joking...

Jennifer I think is Fe ego.
    How she mimics other people and you see when she talks about her past experiences, she talks about them in a way like she's now experiencing them again with all the emotions she felt back then, and you can't stop listening and she tries her best to make people relate to her ( That's why she's likable i think).

I don't see SEEs like this at all.
    Gamma SF are different, go see a video of Angelina jolie (SEE or ESI not sure) and you will see the difference.
    They're more reserved, seems a bit distant, they don't show emotions much and ofcourse NOT SILLY.

I think she's Fe ego, and extroverted, so it's between ESE and EIE. But I say ESE tho because how silly she acts (Ne i guess), EIEs are seen as serious and arrogant (when that's not true I guess).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some strong creative in this one.

I advocate IEE more than SEE because of the absurd ideas, the interjections, sudden maverick thoughts, and this relaxation/tiredness thing, but it has to be one of both. Can't see another possibility. could be the slight provocations or aggressive intonations but really it could also be the unconventionality of and strength of which seems like it's just imitating others. Remember, she's an actress.

ESE is not like her, contrast Kelly Ripa to the impulsive and strongly oscillating Ep antics, extremely different.

Some slight bit with looking up things came up as well. demonstrative is of course strong but it comes in bursts, high inconsistency ( PoLR).

Trivia: Paul Rudd (SLI) seems very important to Jennifer here, could be a sign or not.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi

Boosted Role is a thing.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    SEE-Fi

Boosted Role is a thing.
    There's nothing boosted about a bit more than 2D, much like reasoning like that with the hidden agenda. Gotta get suspicious of subtypes here and there because they conceal what's really important i.e. the ego block.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    There's nothing boosted about a bit more than 2D, much like reasoning like that with the hidden agenda. Gotta get suspicious of subtypes here and there because they conceal what's really important i.e. the ego block.
    I still don't see Ne lead nor Si valuing for her, but sure.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still don't see Ne lead nor Si valuing for her, but sure.
    Did you watch the video?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    I've seen snippets of it before.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've seen snippets of it before.
    Okay, watchu thinking?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would not say no for IEE. Very real possibility. She is not disgracing (BTW: those people should be tickled). I think she makes fun of for real.

Where's da force?

In Gulenko terms she displays + not -. Could be bit "aggressive" language here and there but not real assertions what SEE will try play out.
    Show me (- BTW) SEE who starts to think sex without gravity on interview.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-01-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen her typed as EIE plenty of times but I really don't think she's Beta, so I'd go with ESE

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She is not Fe leading my god. SEE af

Edit: lmao, I thought we're talking about Amy Schumer. Still, Jennifer SEE>IEE.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    She is not Fe leading my god. SEE af

Edit: lmao, I thought we're talking about Amy Schumer. Still, Jennifer SEE>IEE.
    She is Hot af. Love her eyes.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp > Fe leading

Banned
    TIM
    LII (INTj)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deleted
    Last edited by Zero11; 11-20-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast