0 Thread(s)

Default Cone has agreed to make a computerized test on my behalf

I'll keep you updated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The moment you have all been waiting for !!!
    http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/ptest_stage1.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    It says I'm ISTj... :?

Edit: I went back, and changed my answer from the question: "Which of the above two questions was easiest to answer?" from B to A. That gave me ESTp.

You might want to do something about that last question. There is a huge difference between mirrors, actually, and one somewhat ambiguous question shouldn't be the deciding factor between them.

Otherwise, it was good. :)
    Heh, it said I was INTj, though I'm sure I'm ENTp. Perhaps something's backward on the final question?
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have taken the same test before in a slightly different version. At least I am familiar with the alternatives you had to choose between. I think that I at that time first came out INTj then, but if I remember correctly I could also get the result INTp if I interpreted the questions slightly differently. I have also seen at least two different instruction procedures of which one was clearly better than the other. At this moment I don't remember the details exactly.

When I now took the test in Cone's computerized version I came out INTj. That probably means that there is something wrong in the socionic theory. One aspect that is hard to accept is how the two subtypes of INTp are described. Another aspect that is problematic is, once again, those descriptions of that makes the INTj look like real life INTps.

Some of you might think that the only problem is that I don't understand or don't accept the fact that I am an INTj instead of an INTp. But even if we should come to the conclusion that I am an INTj, there is still something seriously wrong with the socionic theory. If I really am an INTj, then there must be something wrong with the descriptions of the intertype relations, because based on those I would be an INTp.

We also have the problem with V.I. It is very clear to me that the real life INTJs (according to MBTI) that I know look like INTjs and that I look like an INTp. That almost indisputable fact has always puzzled me, and I had a hard time explaining it at the time when I still thought that I was an INTj. How could it be that Socionics have put the INTJs in the INTj group if the INTJs are INTps and the INTPs are INTjs? That would be very curious indeed.

But maybe the MBTI INTPs and INTJs are mixtures of INTps and INTjs? Some of you might think that, but that is no solution to the problem either. Because if it was true I am an INTj and an INTP, I would be put in the same group as those INTJs I know from real life. And it is obvious that we are not thinking in the same way. Our differences could easily be explained if we were Quasi-Identicals, and that is exactly how our relation feels from my perspective. Another obvious difference between us is that I have a P attitude and behaviour, whereas they have a J attitude and behaviour.

Still another problem with the hypothesis that I am an INTj is that I am very seldom in disagreement with the typings of for example Expat and Rocky. We almost always make similar typings based on type descriptions. So, if I have an incorrect understanding of how those types that we agree upon are in real life, they probably have too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you answered all the questions.

Creepy-pokeball

Im jealous =p

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got "undefined".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must have missed a question out, probably in stage 3 - the last question

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If, at the end, I choose "question B", I got "undefined".

Going back and choosing "question A", I got INTp.

I changed nothing else.

So it's not a question of "not answering all questions" -- there is a bug.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know for sure the clubs are correct

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    If, at the end, I choose "question B", I got "undefined".

Going back and choosing "question A", I got INTp.

I changed nothing else.

So it's not a question of "not answering all questions" -- there is a bug.
    Oh, I'll ask Cone to fix it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Still another problem with the hypothesis that I am an INTj is that I am very seldom in disagreement with the typings of for example Expat and Rocky. We almost always make similar typings based on type descriptions. So, if I have an incorrect understanding of how those types that we agree upon are in real life, they probably have too.
    Perhaps that in itself is an indication of your type -- you, Rocky and I (and others) type according to , while still others type according to what their has decided a type has to be like?

Phaedrus, it seems to me that you have no real reason to doubt being an INTp. You have obviously given - and continue to give - a lot of thought to understanding the differences between INTp and INTj.

You identify with INTp profiles and with my (patting himself on the back) INTp description, which no INTp nor anyone else seemed to disagree with, and which was based on two (mainly one) INTps I know very well in real life. If she isn't an INTp, but an INTj, then socionics "falls apart", at least for me.

The trouble starts when one pays too much attention to things like whether it is or that searches for the "truth", or to specific traits that are not essential to being INTj or INTp. Then nuances and individual interpretations and definitions become too important.

As for this test - - no test will ever be perfect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/ptest...yn3=Se&final=A

BTW, I've said this before, but I think testing is pointless anyway. It's not a shortcut, 'cause there are no short cuts with this stuff.

My $.02
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

BTW, I've said this before, but I think testing is pointless anyway. It's not a shortcut, 'cause there are no short cuts with this stuff.

My $.02
    The test aint working properly. I've sent a PM to Cone to fix it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Expat:

Perhaps that in itself is an indication of your type -- you, Rocky and I (and others) type according to , while still others type according to what their has decided a type has to be like?
    Yes, I have thought so too. That you, Rocky and I primarily use seems pretty obvious, and it also seems clear to me that the INTjs don't like that approach very much.

Phaedrus, it seems to me that you have no real reason to doubt being an INTp. You have obviously given - and continue to give - a lot of thought to understanding the differences between INTp and INTj.
    Thank you, Expat. I don't really doubt my type anymore, but I am still fascinated by the differences between INTps and INTjs and the rather frustrating phenomenon that we seem to have such difficulties in understanding and agreeing with each other. I am trying to understand INTjs from the perspective of an INTp, but to be able to do that it seems that I have to open a door whith a key, which, because of our Quasi-Identity, might be lost for ever.

I am also dissatisfied with how INTjs and INTps are described in Socionics, and at least niffweed17 seem to be too. Jonathan might still not be convinced that he is an INTp, but if we can agree that he is also an INTp, then he also seems rather dissatisfied. The INTjs seem to be happy with (their own) descriptions of how they (as INTjs) are, though, and also with how they describe us (the INTps). How does it look like from your impartial perspective, Expat?

You identify with INTp profiles and with my (patting himself on the back) INTp description, which no INTp nor anyone else seemed to disagree with, and which was based on two (mainly one) INTps I know very well in real life. If she isn't an INTp, but an INTj, then socionics "falls apart", at least for me.
    I totally agree. I was a little surprised (but happy) that your description was so in line with my own understanding of the INTp type. I also thought about two of Rocky's descriptions in particular when I mentioned the two of you. One of them was of his INTp father, and the other was a description of an ISTp. We seemed to agree on both, whereas for example some people saw ISTj in the second description.

The trouble starts when one pays too much attention to things like whether it is or that searches for the "truth", or to specific traits that are not essential to being INTj or INTp. Then nuances and individual interpretations and definitions become too important.
    I think we share the same general attitude here. I am not trying to say that for example the INTp is the only type that seeks truth. If I dared I might be slightly inclined to say that the four NT types are more of truth and knowledge seekers in general than the other types, but then Rocky would be very angry because it would probably remind him of that moron K... and since I am a coward and don't want to see him angry, I won't mention it ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My $.02
    Rocky, what options did you choose for stages 1 and 2?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INFp, but I am not one. But it was hard for me to answer for all those questions. As I know, a lot of times people use filling tests some other functions instead of their first two. One more thing is that they try to look, when takeing the test, as they concider themselfs to be ideally. Which means they have some sort of a role inside of their heads. When answering, they try to fit into this role.

this meme of this forum has won the attention in my head again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    and the other was a description of an ISTp. We seemed to agree on both, whereas for example some people saw ISTj in the second description.
    ... which description is that again?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gaypog

My $.02

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My $.02
    Stage 1:

A1
    B1
    C1
    D2

Stage 2:

A1
    B2
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, that's strange that you chose Ne as being stronger for you than Si

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, that's strange that you chose Ne as being stronger for you than Si
    I picked it cause it sounded better.

BUT, if I was still Si/Ne, I don't know why the test would have me as an INTP either way.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does Ne really describe you better than Si?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, personally, I would have a hard time seperating out the perceiving functions in my mind (especially before socionics). I don't think it's just me, I see that a lot with people's third function. Besides, there are times when it seems I can use either sensing or intuition (I don't like to limit myself, and I don't like the idea of solid lines between use of the functions, but that's a different story...).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj

http://www.people.iup.edu/rdxm/ptest...yn3=Ni&final=B

Generally I liked the test... Easier than answering hundreds of questions.

/me is still trying to finish the huge test (Dmitri's test).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rocky:

Phaedrus wrote:
    and the other was a description of an ISTp. We seemed to agree on both, whereas for example some people saw ISTj in the second description.
    ... which description is that again?
    This one: oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=3629

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry. It's fixed now.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your proposed type is:

ESTj
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think stage 1 works the best, narrowing the types from 16 to 4

however I am doubtful about stage 2 and 3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, personally, I would have a hard time seperating out the perceiving functions in my mind (especially before socionics). I don't think it's just me, I see that a lot with people's third function. Besides, there are times when it seems I can use either sensing or intuition (I don't like to limit myself, and I don't like the idea of solid lines between use of the functions, but that's a different story...).
    I'm saying, on the basis of the descriptions I gave you, which describes you better: Si or Ne?

Si
    Your five senses perceive the physical world in all its rich sensations. Sensitive to everything that is physical. Perfect functioning of your five senses. An excellent understanding of the beauty of the world. You withdraw from inconvenience and discomfort. Ability to find the most comfortable place in the surrounding space. Understand the physical needs of people. Pragmatism, aesthetics, using minimum of effort, the skill to find convenience in everything. Rich sensations of the physical world. Strong sensory perception. High physical sensitivity. Perfect working of your five senses. Desire and skill to surround yourself and people with cosiness and comfort. Constant ability to receive the beauty of the world. Developed taste, esthetical value, tendency toward sensory pleasures.

Ne
    Very strong imagination, bright and interesting imagination. Instant understanding of the possibilities of a situation. Spontaneous decision making. Interest in everything new and unusual. Creative thinker and inventor. Inclined to things that are unusual. Inventiveness, rich fantasy, impulsiveness, quickly respond in unusual situations. Skill to understand the essence of things and phenomena. Generating ideas. Understanding the prospects and possibilities of an idea becoming into a reality. Skill to find a way out from any complex ethical situation. Skill to see the qualities of people and readiness to tell everyone about them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

Your proposed type is:

ESTj
    what options did you choose for stages 1 and 2?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A1
    B2
    C1
    D2

A1
    B2
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm saying, on the basis of the descriptions I gave you, which describes you better: Si or Ne?

Si
    Your five senses perceive the physical world in all its rich sensations. Sensitive to everything that is physical. Perfect functioning of your five senses. An excellent understanding of the beauty of the world. You withdraw from inconvenience and discomfort. Ability to find the most comfortable place in the surrounding space. Understand the physical needs of people. Pragmatism, aesthetics, using minimum of effort, the skill to find convenience in everything. Rich sensations of the physical world. Strong sensory perception. High physical sensitivity. Perfect working of your five senses. Desire and skill to surround yourself and people with cosiness and comfort. Constant ability to receive the beauty of the world. Developed taste, esthetical value, tendency toward sensory pleasures.

Ne
    Very strong imagination, bright and interesting imagination. Instant understanding of the possibilities of a situation. Spontaneous decision making. Interest in everything new and unusual. Creative thinker and inventor. Inclined to things that are unusual. Inventiveness, rich fantasy, impulsiveness, quickly respond in unusual situations. Skill to understand the essence of things and phenomena. Generating ideas. Understanding the prospects and possibilities of an idea becoming into a reality. Skill to find a way out from any complex ethical situation. Skill to see the qualities of people and readiness to tell everyone about them.
    My point is, you're asking people to act not like people do.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast