TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Shit happens
    Such as taking a model to evaluate whether or not a relationship will work before the relationship has even began, that sort of shit? If you didn't know about Socionics, I would assume most would think that a lot of relationships these days are those of "conflictors."

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I think people end up married to their conflictors when they get married too soon, and/or jump into bed together too soon, as physical intimacy blurs personality incompatibilities,
    Better known as todays youth?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post

Better known as todays youth?
    sadly...

Though i dont think this is a new problem at all.. maybe just considered more "mainstream" and acceptable than before.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    Such as taking a model to evaluate whether or not a relationship will work before the relationship has even began, that sort of shit? If you didn't know about Socionics, I would assume most would think that a lot of relationships these days are those of "conflictors."
    If you don't think that some types of people mesh better with certain other types of people and a lot worse with others, you are at the wrong corner of the interwebs.

I have a lot of experience with conflictor relationships in marriage in particular. My parents are. I can say with full certainty, that conflictor intertype relationships is an opposite of any healthy concept of partnership between married people.
    Also, I am conflictor with one of them.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, damn son. That's some serious shit. Almost makes me want to cry you a river.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ending up married to a conflictor is the bigger mistakes you can make in your life.
    You may like your relationships in insane difficulty mode (in which case you are a masochist). But your children will not appreciate the mode. There is also a lot higher chance that some children will be conflictors with their parent, and that is just tragic and unfair.
    I know an Fe-EIE and Si-SLI marriage that's splitting finally after over two decades, and it was bad. Some awesome kids came of it though. And yes, the marriage was dogshit on the kids too...

I have a lot of experience with conflictor relationships in marriage in particular. My parents are. I can say with full certainty, that conflictor intertype relationships is an opposite of any healthy concept of partnership between married people.
    Shit

I've got my mom as Ti-LII, and my dad was probably Si-ESE. There were two of them, one of me, and I was a lot smaller, especially at the beginning. No one should ever have to be a kid. Thankfully, it never lasts.

Assuming "cry you a river" doesn't signify sarcasm, thanks. I am mostly over it. Distance from their relationship (or lack of it - eventual divorce) and from the conflictor, allowed me to naturally heal emotionally even without support to my Super-Id by other people. With unlimited access to information you can dualize yourself to a certain degree.
    By the way, don't get the wrong idea. Both my parents are good people.
    Same here

It was odd; there was nothing wrong with any of us, we just didn't totally mesh all the time. The problem is in being effectively stuck with someone... once again, being a kid is terrible, legally and physically counting as less than human...

Anyways, people need to be around each other because they like each other, not because they feel forced to, and definitely not because there's a legislative gun to their heads. Government needs to butt the fuck out of this, and stop giving people handouts for living a "traditional" lifestyle, effectively robbing anyone else who aspires to something greater, or at least more interesting.

These synthesized economical reasons for marriage are so much bullshit, and so is the conflation of immobility with stability, and thinking that either of the two are worth aspiring to enough to discard all else in life.

I sure as hell have no plans on getting married.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post

Anyways, people need to be around each other because they like each other, not because they feel forced to, and definitely not because there's a legislative gun to their heads. Government needs to butt the fuck out of this, and stop giving people handouts for living a "traditional" lifestyle, effectively robbing anyone else who aspires to something greater, or at least more interesting.

These synthesized economical reasons for marriage are so much bullshit, and so is the conflation of immobility with stability, and thinking that either of the two are worth aspiring to enough to discard all else in life.
    Couldn't agree more.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got my mom as Ti-LII, and my dad was probably Si-ESE. There were two of them, one of me, and I was a lot smaller, especially at the beginning. No one should ever have to be a kid. Thankfully, it never lasts.
    Woah, I can only imagine how much they reinforced each other in rubbing you the wrong way.

I sure as hell have no plans on getting married.
    But don't let that unfortunate random situation to deter you from getting married altogether.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But don't let that unfortunate random situation to deter you from getting married altogether.
    I think he was saying that he would avoid the legal status of "married", not the behavior that comes with the territory (such as sticking together and having kids). That would make the two parts of his post that you quoted not very related to each other.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari