456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Article: Information Aspect in the Valued Functions

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The judging function descriptions seem decent, but sensing ones are rather poor, riddled by the same faulty simplistic stereotypes. His descriptions of intuitive functions were very vague, but I sort of get what he was hinting at.

This is likely an example of leading Ni, Hesse's vision of the infinite wholeness:

“Have you also learned the secret of the river that there is no such thing as time?”
    “Yes Siddhartha, is this what you mean? The river is everywhere at the same time. At the source and at the mouth. At the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current in motion, and in the mountains. Everywhere. The present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.”
    “That is it,” said Siddhartha. “And then I learned that as I reviewed my life, it is also a river. Siddhartha the boy, Siddhartha the mature man, and Siddhartha the old man were only separated by the shadows not by reality.
    “Siddharthas’s previous lives were also not in the past and his death and his return to Brahma are not in the future. Nothing was, nothing will be, everything has reality and presence.”

- Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
    Last edited by silke; 08-01-2012 at 04:32 AM.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@silke I agree the description of the judging IEs especially Te vs Ti are very good. First time I saw this article I thought it was complete rubish because I started with Si and Se and stopped reading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The writing could do with being better translated, as sometimes it's hard to make sense of due to poor syntax. It's also very strange to keep referring to 'the man' rather than using inclusive language.