TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default we should make a test

okay... this is the idea...

The first section contains 8 to 16 questions to determine N vs. S and T vs. F. There is a note at the top that tells people that sometimes it's easy to pick a certain answer because we often act that way because it's what our environment demands of us, but for the purposes of this test, we should think about how we most comfortably and naturally behave when we are at our healthiest and happiest. For this section, try not to focus on the things you do because you feel you're "supposed to" or the way you are under extreme stress or when you're not well.

The second section takes their most likely dichotomies and narrows their type down by functions... For example, if they scored SF, they would be asked which of the two descriptions fit them better, Se and Fi or Si and Fe. If neither sounded quite right, they could go back and try ST or NF or whatever.

From there, the third section decides which function is the first and which is the second by asking questions specific to those types. This section will include questions about their 3rd and 4th functions. These are conscious functions, and there is no reason that we shouldn't be able to use them for testing. For example, an ENxjs question about the 4th function could say, "Sometimes people criticize me about how I take care of my health, hygiene, physical appearance, and the appearance of my surroundings. It can really bother me sometimes and I don't like talking about it, but I have more important things to worry about." I didn't really put much thought into the exact wording of that statement, but you get the idea.

At the end, they get their results. The most likely choice is displayed with a type description, but if there are any contradictions in their answers, it will list other possible types with links to those descriptions.

Let me make it perfectly clear... I do not think that testing is a valid form of typing. It can be useful for newcomers trying to narrow down possible types, though.

Anyways, I want the results to be given with links so that people can post them as images in forums and in blogs. I uh... don't know how to do this... and I'm not sure that I care enough to bother to learn. Also, I'm not sure I'm that I'm comfortable with plagiarizing things already written about functions or types. Is it one of those things where it's okay, as long as you credit the sources?

Any comments? Any takers as far as helping? I don't believe I've seen a single test so far that uses Se, Si, Ne, Ni, Fe, Fi, Te, and Ti or model A. I'm sick of all of this I, E, S, N, F, T, P, and J bullshit. Even the best of the tests that I've seen, which is dmitri's, uses IJ, NT, etc. Also, I believe that the test could end up being much shorter than others we've seen because it cuts out a lot of useless crap right in the beginning and doesn't use pointless questions about E, I, P, and J.

Anyways...
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I've made several tests based on model-a ... not sure whether they have been successful or not.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long were they and how complicated where the results?
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention that it is hard to make an automated test that goes by anything other than a straight-forwards point system that is not easily manipulated, and does not risk the possibility of the testtaker giving the test contradictory information and therefore tooling over their own results. Plus, if people do not get the types they think they are on account of the test being easily manipulated, they may just assume the whole thing results in a load of crap and not bother with it anyhow.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the test is for people new to socionics... not people who understand the functions
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    how long were they and how complicated where the results?
    The test I had on socion.info before the current test that was really really complicated to interpret the results, that was actually based on a heavy understanding of model-a. I replaced it with the current easy to read test and now people complain about it being inaccurate.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm proposing a balance
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the test is for people new to socionics... not people who understand the functions
    That might work ... all of my previous tests have been aimed at people who actually have a better understanding at mosts, which is probably why there is so much criticism about it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can make a test based on model A that doesn't require knowledge of socionics so understand the results. tie breaker questions and simple results are key... the only potential for true conflict is in stage 3, and in that case we can offer people alternative descriptions to read in addition to the one that is most likely... I see no reason that this test has to be longer than 30 questions, at the most
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can make a test based on model A that doesn't require knowledge of socionics so understand the results. tie breaker questions and simple results are key... the only potential for true conflict is in stage 3, and in that case we can offer people alternative descriptions to read in addition to the one that is most likely... I see no reason that this test has to be longer than 30 questions, at the most
    Hmmm ... well, I am not sure if it can be done. Just like the tests I made today had only 12 questions and is not very detailed, that may be part of the problem. It is worth a try, though. It may involve taking some drastic shortcuts!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's all about section 2. once the N/S and T/F dichiotomies are narrowed down... don't give them a choice that let's them choose two extraverted functions or two introverted functions... they have to choose to be one of a mirror pair, and then section 3 decides which of the mirror pair they are
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I'd like to see a test based on Reinin dichotomies. I'm a bit too lazy to do it myself, though.
    That faith makes blessed under certain circumstances, that blessedness does not make of a fixed idea a true idea, that faith moves no mountains but puts mountains where there are none: a quick walk through a madhouse enlightens one sufficiently about this. (A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.) - Friedrich Nietzsche