Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walking Dead

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Respect <-> Deanna

She could have been afraid and prolonged her death or even killed herself, but she embraced her fate instead by taking out as many zombies as she could, reducing the burden on everyone else, and even distracting the zombies while they got away. I sorta wish she hadn't died; would have made an interesting character. Seemed like one of the few that could handle their frightening world without losing their mind.

And um, socionics something something.
    good bye

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I started watching this again recently up to the end of season 5. My take on the character types:

Rick Grimes: SLI-Te
    Daryl: SLI-Si
    Glenn: Beta, not SLE
    Carl: ???
    Carol: IEE-Fi
    Maggie: Se ego
    Michonne: Gamma Introvert
    Sasha: ???
    Beth: IEI-Fe
    Hershel: EII-Fi
    Andrea: ESI-Se
    Rosita: IEE?
    Lori: ???
    Abraham: LSX
    Eugene: ILI-Te
    Tyreese: EII?
    Shane: SLE-Ti
    The Governor: LIE-Te
    Gabriel: EII?
    Dale: EII-Ne
    Bob: ESE-Si
    Morgan: EII-Fi
    Merle: SLE-Se
    Jessie: ESFx
    Deanna: LSE-Te
    Deanna's husband: LII-Ti
    Gareth: XIE-Ni
    Officer Dawn: LSI-Se
    T-Dog: ???
    Noah: ???
    Tara: EII-Ne
    Last edited by Muddy; 11-04-2016 at 10:45 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick - SLI
    Andrea - SEE or ESI
    Michonne - ILI
    Dale - IEE
    Daryl - SLI
    Lori - I love her but I have no idea about her type. LIE? EIE?
    Maggie - SEE
    Glenn - LII
    Herschel - EII
    Carol - IEI?
    The Governor - EIE

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG GLENN

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    OMG GLENN
    I can't believe they fake killed him off only to real kill him off two seconds later. What was the point of that emotional turmoil!!!!

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kind of wondering that too. Turns out they wanted Glenn to say his last words. It was just so gruesome, lol.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone asked me what character I'm most like on the show and I said "Carol probably" about a season ago.
    After today's episode, that's more true than ever.

What's do you all think about Carol's type?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yifflord View Post
    Rick - SLI
    Andrea - SEE or ESI
    Michonne - ILI
    Dale - IEE
    Daryl - SLI
    Lori - I love her but I have no idea about her type. LIE? EIE?
    Maggie - SEE
    Glenn - LII
    Herschel - EII
    Carol - IEI?
    The Governor - EIE
    I'm just having a hard time envisioning Michonne as an introverted intuitive that is not a sensor. Her characterization portrays her as having a distinct lack of insight into the future - which was why she was so attracted to the walled Alexandria and its visionary leader, Deanna. There she felt a sense of safety and belonging. Out in the wilds Michonne is extremely practical and a moment by moment problem solver, hardly thinking about the possibility of a future. In my view, she is the female version of Daryl and so another SLI.

Having Glenn and Maggie as conflictors doesn't really make a whole lot of sense?

Ryk seems too duty bound for an irrational delta. His principles are what drives him, very different from the independent Daryl.

Dr. Denise - IEE. Some duality between her and Daryl, culminating in her "I can survive here too" speech - right before the arrow.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I'm just having a hard time envisioning Michonne as an introverted intuitive that is not a sensor. Her characterization portrays her as having a distinct lack of insight into the future - which was why she was so attracted to the walled Alexandria and its visionary leader, Deanna. There she felt a sense of safety and belonging. Out in the wilds Michonne is extremely practical and a moment by moment problem solver, hardly thinking about the possibility of a future. In my view, she is the female version of Daryl and so another SLI.
    I had a similar thought, but there are moments where her intuition shines. The time she knocked out Rick because she knew it was the only way to help him win the town over later. Or how easily she saw through the Governor before everyone else did. She's a bit more standoffish than Daryl is too, like she's always thinking about what's going on, trying to get a read on the current situation or the people around her, kind of removed from everything, whereas Daryl is pretty carefree in general and really just plays things as they come. So my opinion or whatever, but I don't think ILI is a bad typing for her (but neither is SLI).

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    I had a similar thought, but there are moments where her intuition shines. The time she knocked out Rick because she knew it was the only way to help him win the town over later. Or how easily she saw through the Governor before everyone else did. She's a bit more standoffish than Daryl is too, like she's always thinking about what's going on, trying to get a read on the current situation or the people around her, kind of removed from everything, whereas Daryl is pretty carefree in general and really just plays things as they come. So my opinion or whatever, but I don't think ILI is a bad typing for her (but neither is SLI).
    The circumstances of having to be on constant vigilance has probably shaped her persona somewhat. Are those instances moments that are a result of being hyper vigilant, or are they true intuitive insights into events? Recall Michonne was responsible for keeping Andrea alive and teaching her how to survive as a tough individualist. Michonne has a kind of brutal vulnerability. It seems easier to me to fit the SLI stereotype to Michonne than it would be to change the stereotype of ILI to fit her character.

On another note, does anyone else find her relationship with Ryk creepy and awkward? Chemistry = 0.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having Glenn and Maggie as conflictors doesn't really make a whole lot of sense?

Ryk seems too duty bound for an irrational delta. His principles are what drives him, very different from the independent Daryl.

Dr. Denise - IEE. Some duality between her and Daryl, culminating in her "I can survive here too" speech - right before the arrow.
    I realised that I was typing Maggie and Glenn as conflictors but I went ahead with it b/c Glenn and Maggie don’t make sense to me. I typed Glenn as LII before Maggie was introduced and I never thought that their dynamic was natural, nor could I figure out how on earth they worked effectively as a couple.

What would you type Glenn as? ILI?

Rick - I never thought that him being principle-bound excludes him from SLI, but I would not argue with LSE. Process > Result makes a lot more sense now that you mention it.

I haven’t actually gotten up to watching the arc with Deanna. @strangeling pretty much covered what I think with Michonne.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realised that I was typing Maggie and Glenn as conflictors but I went ahead with it b/c Glenn and Maggie don’t make sense to me. I typed Glenn as LII before Maggie was introduced and I never thought that their dynamic was natural, nor could I figure out how on earth they worked effectively as a couple.

What would you type Glenn as? ILI?

Rick - I never thought that him being principle-bound excludes him from SLI, but I would not argue with LSE. Process > Result makes a lot more sense now that you mention it.

I haven’t actually gotten up to watching the arc with Deanna. @strangeling pretty much covered what I think with Michonne.
    What if a back up typing for Maggie is ESI category? With her and Glenn dualizing as the rationals. Glenn has to much positive foresight, with Maggie being the stern sensor requiring Glenn's vision. I just see their bond as romanticism punctuated by open pragmatism which I personally associate with LSE/ESI duals.

I have never personally met a so principle bound SLI, but I'm sure its possible. I was referring to Ti- principles though. For instance in Ryk's own mind: "being the strong leader that believes all people are good just because, the rule of law is correct and I personally stand for justice, therefor my choices are correct". Part of Ryk's arc is the defeat of all that he stands for and the person he becomes, right or wrong.

Edit: alternatively, Glenn as IEI and Maggie as SLE. Regardless I see Maggie as a sensor.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if a back up typing for Maggie is ESI category? With her and Glenn dualizing as the rationals. Glenn has to much positive foresight, with Maggie being the stern sensor requiring Glenn's vision. I just see their bond as romanticism punctuated by open pragmatism which I personally associate with LSE/ESI duals.

I have never personally met a so principle bound SLI, but I'm sure its possible. I was referring to Ti- principles though. For instance in Ryk's own mind: "being the strong leader that believes all people are good just because, the rule of law is correct and I personally stand for justice, therefor my choices are correct". Part of Ryk's arc is the defeat of all that he stands for and the person he becomes, right or wrong.

Edit: alternatively, Glenn as IEI and Maggie as SLE. Regardless I see Maggie as a sensor.
    If I had to choose between SLE/IEI and LIE/ESI for Glenn and Maggie I'd go with the former; Maggie seems very much like an irrational type to me as well as the initiator and the extravert.

As for Rick, I didn't see him in this way. To me, the majority of his arc has been about naively trying to enforce Delta sentiments in a world that is no longer fit for a Delta way of life and losing himself in the process. His leadership and general way of thinking is extremely receptive to input from Herschel (who I see as EII but idk if we agree on that point), and he's reluctant to heed protective warnings/foresight in favour of the potential of the individual and his actions' impacts on his own moral cleanliness. Decisions he makes that go against this are painful for him as a part of an arc that involves both breaking down of what he strove to stand for and the defeat of goodness/'loss of humanity' from a more metatextual perspective.

And this is only tangential, but he doesn't strike me as a Fe-receptive character (while Glenn does, but it might be an actor overlap thing).

I do agree that his arc is about the defeat of all that he stands for! It's such a beautiful turn of events and something I'm really looking forward to the show exploring in full with Herschel's death signalling the death of the show's moral compass and with no replacement for the Herschel archetype in sight. This was especially in-your-face on part of the writers with the introduction of Alexandria as a parallel to the community they had at the jail. I can't wait for this to take a Breaking Bad character arc kind of turn (but no spoilers pls, I haven't read the comics and don't want to be disappointed if this doesn't happen).

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The circumstances of having to be on constant vigilance has probably shaped her persona somewhat. Are those instances moments that are a result of being hyper vigilant, or are they true intuitive insights into events? Recall Michonne was responsible for keeping Andrea alive and teaching her how to survive as a tough individualist. Michonne has a kind of brutal vulnerability. It seems easier to me to fit the SLI stereotype to Michonne than it would be to change the stereotype of ILI to fit her character.

On another note, does anyone else find her relationship with Ryk creepy and awkward? Chemistry = 0.
    I was like WTF when they hooked up. That was just somehow crammed into the plot and right after Rick's love interest dies in front of him. He moved on pretty quick.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The deaths are too predictable to me - like they underestimate other people's Ni. They are so predictable in fact, that they had to come up with some plot contrivance and 'who did he kill' as a season finale. (but who Neegan killed ended up being very predictable anyway) That is a sign of poor writing to me. I get that people like this show because it's dark and not campy and faggy like something I would enjoy - and they get off on thinking they are superior to me, but really... I wish the deaths weren't so predictable. WoW even me and k0rpsey ended up agreeing with each other kinda. I wish the show relied more on good ideas than tone itself.

Hehe:

https://imgflip.com/i/1dgiqo

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like the show being Delta though, it's treating Neegan's Fe as some villainous thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    I like the show being Delta though, it's treating Neegan's Fe as some villainous thing.
    The more I think about this show the more intensely Delta it is. The Governor - EIE, Negan - EIE, Shane - SLE, Joe - EIE, Merle - SLE. I can't think of a non-villain Beta character other than, idk, Carol.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about this show the more intensely Delta it is. The Governor - EIE, Negan - EIE, Shane - SLE, Joe - EIE, Merle - SLE. I can't think of a non-villain Beta character other than, idk, Carol.
    Not to mention having high sociopathy and or psychopathy.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention having high sociopathy and or psychopathy.
    Well yes, of course. That was a thought to do with the show writers, not with ~the inherent evilness of Beta~.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just an observation I wanted to share.

I think in season 7 they have provided a good example of Se vs Si valuing in how Rick's group chooses to deal with the saviors vs how The Kingdom deals with them. Rick's group is using the Se approach, doing anything they can to resist the saviors even though they know it will mean people dying, while The Kingdom instead uses the Si approach and tries to appease the saviors the best the can and keep conflict to a minimum.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay finally have some time and interests to return to this series.

Season 7, Negan's reign. Here we go.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Season 7, Negan's reign. Here we go.
    Best of luck enduring all the shitty filler m8.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Just an observation I wanted to share.

I think in season 7 they have provided a good example of Se vs Si valuing in how Rick's group chooses to deal with the saviors vs how The Kingdom deals with them. Rick's group is using the Se approach, doing anything they can to resist the saviors even though they know it will mean people dying, while The Kingdom instead uses the Si approach and tries to appease the saviors the best the can and keep conflict to a minimum.
    The Kingdom is a type of Se hierarchy with Negan at the top. He tries to break his followers through psychological fear. I think he is EIE, although K4 says LIE, which could fit if there was more Te.

He makes me think of Paul Waggener, love both their aesthetic.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    The Kingdom is a type of Se hierarchy with Negan at the top. He tries to break his followers through psychological fear. I think he is EIE, although K4 says LIE, which could fit if there was more Te.

He makes me think of Paul Waggener, love both their aesthetic.
    Wait you mean the Saviors, not the Kingdom right? Negan is in charge of the Saviors not the kingdom, the kingdom is lead by Ezekiel who are pacifist at least in the beginning.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Wait you mean the Saviors, not the Kingdom right? Negan is in charge of the Saviors not the kingdom, the kingdom is lead by Ezekiel who are pacifist at least in the beginning.
    K not there yet. Stay tuned.

The other day I was in a more rural grocery store and on the shelf was a magazine titled Prepper.

Articles on how to survive and thrive the coming apocalypse.

Just entertainment? Or a reason to feel forboding.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will never know what type Rick is because the expressions and mannerisms of actor Andrew Lincoln are EXACTLY like those of an LSI I know-- it's REALLY uncanny.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday I've watched the very last episode . It was intense, like a "try not to cry" kind of episode and I failed miserably !! The end is obviously very different from that of the comic books (I didn't read them but I spoiled myself reading about it on wiki !). In some aspects, it almost felt like the end of "Lost" which was a disgrace ! Fortunately it's an open end and another spin off (again !!) is already in production.

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many more characters in the last 5 seasons. Types, lists of names... Go...
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12